Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      9 (11.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (7.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (12.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (4.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      42 (51.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (7.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2021 06:21:56 pm

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24341 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Feb 07, 2021 07:09:22 pm
      I thought they were quite sh*te with us not being much better. How many times on gods earth are we going to be unlucky or lose the 2nd balls and rebounds. Does my f**king head in!

The was no ā€œluckā€ with 2nd balls, we were not competitive enough. No one gave 100% effort

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #622: Feb 07, 2021 07:09:33 pm
      The team just looks mentally and physically fu**ed at the moment,  throw in injuries, loss of form, confidence etc

Think its being far too overlooked
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #623: Feb 07, 2021 07:10:58 pm
      Feel a bit for nat Phillips.  Done absolutely everything that has been required of him so far

Spot on. Was mentioned about his lack of pace but Fabinho wasnā€™t exactly Linford Christie out there...

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #624: Feb 07, 2021 07:11:12 pm
      Iā€™m so angry with that. It was another game where the lads let us down. I can take losing as long as our lads come off the pitch after giving their all but I canā€™t accept losses like that today. It was really piss poor that and Iā€™m going to go in on some of them.

First half city came out and dominated the first 15 or 20 minutes. I thought we paid them far too much respect and just let them play in-front of us. What the F**k are we doing? F***ing press them and get into them.

Once we weathered that, I thought we did ok for the rest of the half. Mane should have scored and bobby was unlucky with his effort too. We got lucky with the penalty miss though which was so amateurish defending from us. Trent letā€™s sterling go past too easily and Fabinho foolishly brings him down. Very poor. Anyway, 0-0 at half time I felt was a fair score.

Donā€™t know what happened at half time or what the F**k klopp said to them because F***ing hell, that was awful. City came out wanting it much more than we did and we just didnā€™t look arsed one bit to me. We just didnā€™t care. There was nothing. No fight. No passion. No urgency. Nothing. It was hard to watch. Finished 4-1 and to be honest I felt it flattered us. We were dire in that second half. Truly F***ing awful.

Alisson. Love the man but he literally cost us the game today. It was a sh*te team performance but if he wasnā€™t acting like a clown then we might have fluked a draw. F***ing shocking that today from him.

Trent. One of only two players who comes away with any credit for me. Had a tough afternoon dealing with sterling without any help from Salah, and sterling got past him a couple of times, but overall I felt he defended well. Won most of his 1v1 duals. Got forward well. Delivery good. It was his pass that got us the pen. I felt it we were ever going to create anything it would be through Trent today. Told that gobs***e ederson to shut the F**k up at the end too.

Fabinho. Had a stinker today. Didnā€™t cover Trent particularly well and gave away a soft penalty. Got skinned by foden and picked up a booking. Poor afternoon.

Hendo. Heā€™s just not a cb is he. Donā€™t see the point in playing him there. Doesnā€™t have any influence there. Doesnā€™t do anything. Itā€™s not like he makes loads of interceptions or wins headers is it? All he does is pass around five yards with the occasional lump forward and anyone can do that. Just a waste playing him there.

Robbo. Didnā€™t seem with it today. Looked tired to me. Thought he was poor going forward.

Thiago. Worst Liverpool performance so far. Couldnā€™t control the game or dictate the play.

Wijnaldum. sh*te. Heā€™s been playing recently as in he no longer wants to be here or he knows heā€™s going at the end of the season. I love Gini and I want him to stay but if heā€™s going to play with this canā€™t be arsed attitude then just F**k him off now.

Jones. Not a fan of him personally but today I thought he was our best player. Along with Trent, the only two players who come out with any credit for me. The two scousers funnily enough. Probably because it means more to them. Thought he played well and it was mad to bring him off.

Front three. All sh*te. Not involved. No press. sh*te. Nothing else to say.

Iā€™m so F***ing angry with that performance. If we play like that for the rest of the season you can forget top four, then we will finish about 8th. JĆ¼rgen needs to fire a F***ing rocket up some of their arses because that wasnā€™t good enough one bit.

If weā€™re going down fine but F***ing go down fighting lads come on. Absolutely sh*te that today and so unlike us.

F***ing sh*te thereā€™s no crowds because I think weā€™d have lifted them today. But for the time being theyā€™re going to have to find a way to lift themselves.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #625: Feb 07, 2021 07:13:29 pm
      The was no ā€œluckā€ with 2nd balls, we were not competitive enough. No one gave 100% effort

I think this team always tries to give 100% but a lot of things not going our way including injuries has taken its toll. When things arenā€™t going your way, second balls etc never go for you. We need better quality back up though as that would help the cause
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #626: Feb 07, 2021 07:15:02 pm
      I think this team always tries to give 100% but a lot of things not going our way including injuries has taken its toll. When things arenā€™t going your way, second balls etc never go for you. We need better quality back up though as that would help the cause

Of course injuries havenā€™t helped, but basics are give your all. They didnā€™t today, or against Brighton, or Burnley, or Utd, etc...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #627: Feb 07, 2021 07:15:28 pm
      😂

Giving Shaq the freedom to go forward..

😂👍

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #628: Feb 07, 2021 07:15:46 pm
      Substitutions poor today felt sorry for Jones lack of quality take Jota out sorry but a clear out of some players needed just ain't good enough if we are to be challenging top again
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #629: Feb 07, 2021 07:17:45 pm
      The team just looks mentally and physically fu**ed at the moment,  throw in injuries, loss of form, confidence etc

Agree, and Klopp himself said it recently but he still refuses to rotate. Neco may not be the next Cafu, but Trent needs a break and still starts every game. Ditto for Robertson / Tsimikas, and Gini and Thiago in midfield when we have Ox, Shaq and Jones. It's really puzzling how JĆ¼rgen has managed the squad the past few weeks.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #630: Feb 07, 2021 07:18:50 pm
      Substitutions poor today felt sorry for Jones lack of quality take Jota out sorry but a clear out of some players needed just ain't good enough if we are to be challenging top again

This is the same team that last year, without Thiago, Jota and Tsimikas, wiped the floor with the rest of league, so you're wrong.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #631: Feb 07, 2021 07:20:03 pm
      the league was won as soon Pep got in RĆŗben Dias

F**k off with your pep worship go to your own forum.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #632: Feb 07, 2021 07:22:00 pm
      That JK and this team has won us Premier league, and Champions league. At some point last season, we were considered the best team on the planet. So even tho loosing hurts, this team and the manager have earned our support through a bad spell.

100%. The fact that some on here have to defend this team and manager from fans OF THE SAME TEAM, is disgraceful. What a bunch of fair weather cu*ts we have on here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #633: Feb 07, 2021 07:23:51 pm
      We will probably go out of the CL soon so just need to secure top 4.

This might be a blessing in disguise if we reduce our games and get a proper rest over the Summer the squad looks burnt out.

Bring a fit and fresh VVD, Gomez and Matip back in for start of next season plus a couple of new attacking players we will challenge again.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #634: Feb 07, 2021 07:24:27 pm
      Time to blood the centre backs thereā€™s no point having two of our most influential midfielders sitting at the back anymore itā€™s clearly not working.

Hopefully that will give some competition to the current midfield and give us a bit of energy and tackling back in the team which we clearly miss at the moment.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #635: Feb 07, 2021 07:24:38 pm
      Only Jordan Henderson for me comes out with any sort of dignity. Having to play a role that isnā€™t is, he still gives his all. Trying to pull the strings from the back line, because JK refuses to play a proper CB...

Hendo should realise how bad situation Ali was in for that moment and as a leader I'm expecting a captain to do something. Give instructions to Ali and players around him to stop stupid passes, for example.   
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #636: Feb 07, 2021 07:26:27 pm
      It's clear some.players need to go now. Milner, Wijnaldum and Origi first... Midfielders should show leadership. Whithout Henderson we have none. Firmino should be benched. We need to freshen up. It's time and it's the end of an era. Focus on the Champions League now.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #637: Feb 07, 2021 07:29:06 pm
      This is the same team that last year, without Thiago, Jota and Tsimikas, wiped the floor with the rest of league, so you're wrong.

Completely different circumstances what about the injuries ? The squad needs reshuffling ,if you think Shaqiri,Origi ,Ox are good enough to be here again I can't help
      redexile
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #638: Feb 07, 2021 07:31:55 pm
      new user . . . first post

have been a massive Liverpool fan all my life . . . JĆ¼rgen has given me some of the happiest moments of my life in supporting the mighty reds.

We have repeatedly hit a brick wall over the last couple months.  I honestly cannot get my head around how odd we have been.  One game we play a side off the park, the next we make our opponents look like us from last season!!!!

the last few weeks Hendo has played as a centre half which should never happen.  What is wrong with Phillips playing alongside Fabinho???  Every game Phillips has played he has looked very sturdy. 

The front 3 aren't clicking.  As soon as Diogo is fit he should get straight back into the starting 11 over Sadio . . . mix things up

Ali cost us 3 goals tonight.  His positioning for the 3rd goal was woeful, he dropped to his knees!!!  Just a smash and grab attempt from Foden which paid off because of poor positioning!!!  The less we mention the other 2 mistakes the better

Every team goes through blips, some have longer off time than others.  The best teams come out of their bad form strong and hard, we just need to adjust things to make sure this blip ends ASAP!!!

YNWA

In JĆ¼rgen We Trust
      OConnor
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #639: Feb 07, 2021 07:33:32 pm
      That sub was one of the worse Iā€™ve ever seen a manager make, the only bright spark gone for a F***ing retirement in waiting
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #640: Feb 07, 2021 07:33:58 pm
      100%. The fact that some on here have to defend this team and manager from fans OF THE SAME TEAM, is disgraceful. What a bunch of fair weather cu*ts we have on here.

So people arenā€™t entitled to opinions? Didnā€™t realise weā€™re under a dictatorship tbh...

The criticism is valid and does not stop someone being a fan. Currently this team WILL NOT be joining the ranks of previous legendary Liverpool teams, even as entertaining the last couple off seasons have been.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #641: Feb 07, 2021 07:35:58 pm
      Hendo should realise how bad situation Ali was in for that moment and as a leader I'm expecting a captain to do something. Give instructions to Ali and players around him to stop stupid passes, for example.   

I donā€™t see how an era lasts two seasons only? Usually a decade defines an era in footballing terms...

OConnor
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #642: Feb 07, 2021 07:36:44 pm
      So people arenā€™t entitled to opinions? Didnā€™t realise weā€™re under a dictatorship tbh...

The criticism is valid and does not stop someone being a fan. Currently this team WILL NOT be joining the ranks of previous legendary Liverpool teams, even as entertaining the last couple off seasons have been.

I agree, need to be a realistic person. This current team will not go down as legends, they need to start improving and fast.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #643: Feb 07, 2021 07:40:34 pm
      I agree, need to be a realistic person. This current team will not go down as legends, they need to start improving and fast.

Probably already have pal. 1st league in 30 years with a CL to add to it. 

Quick Reply