Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      9 (11.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (7.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (12.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (4.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      42 (51.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (7.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2021 06:21:56 pm

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24213 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Feb 07, 2021 08:51:42 pm
      We definitely miss Van Dyke's long passes from the back which has long been a direct route of attack for us. Some people say Thiago has slowed us down but it's difficult to draw any conclusions when our form is so erratic. Personally, I'm sure he'll turn out to be a massive asset when normal football returns.

Indeed, when we manage to return to normal, I expect Thiagos ability to open teams up.

Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #668: Feb 07, 2021 08:52:15 pm
      Who are the pisstakers voting Allison as MOM?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #669: Feb 07, 2021 08:52:18 pm
      fvk off cvnt

if he had not come in they would not of been on this 14 game run and that not make me pep worshiper you fvking cvnt

Hes just mad bruh. Dias is class for sure. Next best to VVD atm. Their season changed when they moved him further back
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #670: Feb 07, 2021 08:59:28 pm
      the league was won as soon Pep got in RĆŗben Dias

That's nonsense.

The league was won for City when we lost 4 key first team players to long term injuries a few weeks in to the season.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #671: Feb 07, 2021 09:01:01 pm
      Didn't pick a MOTM , quite honestly could not think of one ! Wonder what's going through Jurgens mind tonight ? Would not blame him if he buggered off after these performances and social media sniping
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #672: Feb 07, 2021 09:01:10 pm
      Klopp has a midfield which the opposition donā€™t even need to bother worrying about. Close down the front three and itā€™s virtually job done.

Not sure why he has not tried to change it up a but.

Expecting a different outcome from yeah you know the phrase.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #673: Feb 07, 2021 09:01:23 pm
      Who are the pisstakers voting Allison as MOM?

All these new WUM's that have flooded in to this forum recently I imagine.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #674: Feb 07, 2021 09:04:17 pm
      Too much going on in my life at the moment to deal with the negativity on here today. Congrats to all who don't like our team or our manager or the owners or whomever, and a couple of sockpuppets to add to Ignore.

A rare occasion when I'm glad we have a week until our next match.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #675: Feb 07, 2021 09:05:09 pm
      We have a very potent front three but no midfield to feed them. Only Tiago was playing the ball forward when he got it..
      Talking of Tiago, getting booked after two minutes didnā€™t help his game either..
      God knows what we were to expect of Milner and Shaqiri when they came on..

This playing the ball back to the keeper who then plays it back out to one of his defenders is happening across the PL these days.
      Ederson did it loads of times.
      I kinda of get the fact that its all part of the ā€œmodern gameā€ but if you press high against the keeper and defenders the law of averages will tell you that youā€™ll panic the keeper and win the ball back.. or in our case today, receive the ball direct to your feet from the keeper.
      A strange goalkeeping tactic which Iā€™m not a fan of, never have been and never will be.. JUST BOOT THE BALL UP THE PITCH !!

We just seem to be running on empty these days and Iā€™m struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
      We have some tough fixtures coming up and if we donā€™t get our sh*t together we could well out of both CL & PL by Easter..

Shame we couldnā€™t hear the barrage of whistles from the crowd every time Sterling touched the ball today.
      Nice touch with the fireworks though whoever got that one together... ;D

Weā€™re most certainly walking through a storm right now, just gotta stick together and hold our heads up high.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #676: Feb 07, 2021 09:06:57 pm
      Klopp has a midfield which the opposition donā€™t even need to bother worrying about. Close down the front three and itā€™s virtually job done.

Not sure why he has not tried to change it up a but.

Expecting a different outcome from yeah you know the phrase.

Front 3 are starved mate, we are expecting our fullbacks to fill the void left by Fabinho & Hendo..

Thiago was disappointing today but if he has the 2 named midfielders alongside him then we become lethal force...

Thiago taken up the Fabinho role & he ainā€™t good at it..
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #677: Feb 07, 2021 09:07:55 pm
      Too much going on in my life at the moment to deal with the negativity on here today. Congrats to all who don't like our team or our manager or the owners or whomever, and a couple of sockpuppets to add to Ignore.

A rare occasion when I'm glad we have a week until our next match.

Without being too negative, the pace Leicester play at, I think we will be in serious trouble next game, what with how pedestrian we are playing.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #678: Feb 07, 2021 09:11:32 pm
      Quote from bazspeedman
      Fair enough but he needs to get his head straight before the next game. We'll find out next week I guess.

It's not just one though. It's the Burnley game the cup trip, the Southampton game, then today. That's 4 recent games where he has made poor mistakes and/or cost us the game. Today is the most high profile, but it's being coming for weeks, and everyone has now seen the consequences. He's also not been 100% this week and he's been injured twice this season. He needs taking out of the firing line for a couple of weeks minimum. Bring him in for Fulham at home or some other game where he'll have nothing to do, and let him rebuild his confidence under no pressure. JĆ¼rgen will probably stick with him, but he needs a break.

I can't blame JĆ¼rgen much for the result. None of us could foresee with 20 minutes to go that the scoreline would be what it ended up as. It could have gone either way until Alisson cleared the chances of retaining the trophy away.

We all know that this season is unlike any other. There's 15 games remaining, and we still have a lot of work to do. We will go again.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #679: Feb 07, 2021 09:11:54 pm
      I've seen double posts. But triple posts are first for me. :laugh:

Edit - 4 in a row
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #680: Feb 07, 2021 09:13:42 pm
      I think someone earlier posted that 1-4 flattered us.  When it was 72 minutes gone I certainly wasn't thinking 'we're doing well not to be getting beaten 4-1 here'.

We weren't brilliant today.  But neither were they.  They were bang average last year and this year they are quite clearly the best of a pretty dismal Premier League this season.  Spurs top one minute and then about 8th passed by West Ham ffs.  Come on.

City had a blip last season.  We're having one this season.

We're 10 points behind City this season but more to the point we're 27 points behind ourselves from last season.  I'm struggling to get hugely wound up about it when I see empty stadiums and the like.  Keep the faith.
      +10
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #681: Feb 07, 2021 09:20:41 pm
      People who are exaggerating and milking the positives from today and trying to play down another disastrous performance would sit in the building while it burns down and say "all is well". Unbelievable. If that loss today does not give you a shot of realism, there really is no hope for you.

Just like the Liverpool FC photos of the lads "smiling" and enjoying another training session blah blah only to come out and perform like that time and time again. This is the mentality that lets them get away with it!

Stop the pretence. Stop sprinkling rose petals on this stinker and expecting it to be wonderful. Will Klopp please get some realism and identify the real problems.  They are obvious for us fans to see. Why can't he?!  :f_steam:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #682: Feb 07, 2021 09:24:12 pm
      Fabinho and Henderson need to be in midfield. We need to make that happen. What they bring to the defence isn't worth what were losing in attack.
      Hendo has to be in Midfield against Leicester, and I think he will, but its imperative that we have a team of players in their proper positions.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #683: Feb 07, 2021 09:26:24 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #684: Feb 07, 2021 09:27:48 pm
      I think someone earlier posted that 1-4 flattered us.  When it was 72 minutes gone I certainly wasn't thinking 'we're doing well not to be getting beaten 4-1 here'.

We weren't brilliant today.  But neither were they.  They were bang average last year and this year they are quite clearly the best of a pretty dismal Premier League this season.  Spurs top one minute and then about 8th passed by West Ham ffs.  Come on.

We're 10 points behind City this season but more to the point we're 27 points behind ourselves from last season.  I'm struggling to get hugely wound up about it when I see empty stadiums and the like.  Keep the faith.

Oh FFS, how can you say they were bang average, that is just silly, what does that make us in that case??  City are superior to us in every single way at the moment, better attack, better midfield, better defence, better morale, better tactical flexibility, they will win this league at a canter.

I think as soon as we get the new CB's integrated and Hendo and Fab back in midfield then we can reset and secure Top4, but Klopp needs to let the midfielders play more freely, they are definitely being told not to enter the 16 yard area, why else are they always stopping up. Our play is so incredibly slow its painful and boring to watch and there is next to zero movement from the front three, there is something horribly wrong at the moment and its getting worse not better.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #685: Feb 07, 2021 09:31:32 pm

Well put.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #686: Feb 07, 2021 09:32:20 pm

I stand by the fact that we need to upgrade in certain areas. However, another week of practice for the new boys and perhaps they are ready. At this point I think we have to rely on them for the rest of the season and allow Fab and Hendo to bring some life back into the MF.  A MFv3 of Hendo, Fab, and Thiago isbmouth watering, and will unleash Thiago to his full potential.

The other thing that I love is we play 2 teams back to back who will rival us for top 4. Take care of business and we create a lil gap from the opposition and give us a lil confidence. Getting Fab and Hwndo back in the middle of the park is gonna be huge, and at somepointnwe have to let the new boys and Phillips sink or swim.

Moving on from today
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #687: Feb 07, 2021 09:39:32 pm
      Could have done with a couple of mid tables to play till we steady the ship
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 762 
      Reply #688: Feb 07, 2021 09:43:58 pm
      Do not know where we go from here, after this latest shattering defeat. Build up too slow, far too much side and back passing. A rare calamitous day for Becker. At least have nearly a week off before our next game at Leicester, strangely enough won our last two away games at Spurs and West Ham. Certainly need to bounce back pretty sharply, if only to secure a top four place !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #689: Feb 07, 2021 10:17:49 pm
      Oh FFS, how can you say they were bang average, that is just silly, what does that make us in that case??

They'd lost 5 games in their first 23 games last year just like we have this year. Didn't think I was outling a difficult concept to understand. They were poor last year. We're poor this year.

Quick Reply