Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      9 (11.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (7.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (12.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (4.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      42 (51.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (7.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2021 06:21:56 pm

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23778 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Feb 07, 2021 10:25:55 pm
      They'd lost 5 games in their first 23 games last year just like we have this year. Didn't think I was outling a difficult concept to understand. They were poor last year. We're poor this year.

Yep.

We seem to be having a similar problem to what they had last season. We pushed them all the way to that last title then they had a drop off.

Same happened last season for us.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #691: Feb 07, 2021 10:29:02 pm
      People who are exaggerating and milking the positives from today and trying to play down another disastrous performance would sit in the building while it burns down and say "all is well". Unbelievable. If that loss today does not give you a shot of realism, there really is no hope for you.

Just like the Liverpool FC photos of the lads "smiling" and enjoying another training session blah blah only to come out and perform like that time and time again. This is the mentality that lets them get away with it!

Stop the pretence. Stop sprinkling rose petals on this stinker and expecting it to be wonderful. Will Klopp please get some realism and identify the real problems.  They are obvious for us fans to see. Why can't he?!  :f_steam:

Sorry, mentality? The team is exhausted. We've lost our CB for the season and the third choice has been in an out. The midfield had had more rotations that a turnstile. Check this out, of our biggest signings and regulars, VVD, Alli, Keita, Fab, Mane and Jota have been injured on and off throughout the season. Our quality carried us before xmas but it's caught up with us.

They're not machines, they're humans and under current circumstances, to question their mentality is a huge disservice to this team that has gone full throttle for 3 seasons.

What are these "obvious" problems that Klopp can't see? I've never seen a defending champions with as many serious injury problems as us this season.

We are going through a huge dip, and it's not entirely unexpected, but let's not start question player mentality and manager not seeing obvious problems lad. Take a step back and give them team that has given the fans unbelievable joy over the past three seasons a break.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #692: Feb 07, 2021 10:29:48 pm
      I still think it would have been a better idea for Jürgen to play Williams-Phillips right from the start. It would have made Fab and Hendo possible for midfield where they belong. And it would not have been worse than what it is (in hindsight) and now they would have enough games under their belt to get comfortable.
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #693: Feb 07, 2021 10:34:47 pm
      It was an awful performance, in fact from the outset our team has looked like a beaten team, the rest was a horror show.
      Klopp team selection was wrong, however, this is not the first time! the changes in the second half were wired and gave City the initiative to take total control, especially by taking off Jones who was the only player that kept City's defense at bay.

Klopp said that his team played well, Was he really talking about the same match? The keeper has a cold leg! we are becoming a laughing stock. For any manager who gives stupid excuses for his players' failures is a recipe for disaster, I do expect that we will have his Dortmund final season being repeated here once more, he has never managed to win titles the following season!.

Klopp management and planning for this season especially is the weirdest of all, he lost the plot totally, he has now four CBs, headed by Phillips, why he did not use any of them today? Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, along with Jones should in the midfield! Every sensible LFC fan would ask for that, apart from the odd minded manager.

The top four spot is not really guaranteed, I think it is beyond us!  I do agree with some of the fans for major changes in players' personal, new faces are needed especially up front, and major clear up of shitty players are also needed, the likes of Origi, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Kaita, and even Salah. However, I still doubt this manager!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #694: Feb 07, 2021 10:44:12 pm
      It was an awful performance, in fact from the outset our team has looked like a beaten team, the rest was a horror show.
      Klopp team selection was wrong, however, this is not the first time! the changes in the second half were wired and gave City the initiative to take total control, especially by taking off Jones who was the only player that kept City's defense at bay.

Klopp said that his team played well, Was he really talking about the same match? The keeper has a cold leg! we are becoming a laughing stock. For any manager who gives stupid excuses for his players' failures is a recipe for disaster, I do expect that we will have his Dortmund final season being repeated here once more, he has never managed to win titles the following season!.

Klopp management and planning for this season especially is the weirdest of all, he lost the plot totally, he has now four CBs, headed by Phillips, why he did not use any of them today? Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, along with Jones should in the midfield! Every sensible LFC fan would ask for that, apart from the odd minded manager.

The top four spot is not really guaranteed, I think it is beyond us!  I do agree with some of the fans for major changes in players' personal, new faces are needed especially up front, and major clear up of shitty players are also needed, the likes of Origi, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Kaita, and even Salah. However, I still doubt this manager!
      Christ Almighty
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #695: Feb 07, 2021 10:47:43 pm

Woah mate.

Think you've joined the wrong forum.

Take my advice .   I would leave ...before you really humiliate yourself.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #696: Feb 07, 2021 10:50:00 pm
      Could have done with a couple of mid tables to play till we steady the ship

Like Burnley and Brighton?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #697: Feb 07, 2021 10:52:54 pm

F**k off of this forum big Brown piece of sh*t.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #698: Feb 07, 2021 10:56:13 pm
      Only positive to take from this possibly is to ask yourself if Pep could go to a club that has a net spend of F**k all, season on season, and turn them into European, world and CL champs with a threadbare squad? I’m pretty sure that’s a resounding no...
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #699: Feb 07, 2021 11:00:50 pm

You still doubt this manager?
      After winning the CL and PL you still doubt him?

Just shut up.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #700: Feb 07, 2021 11:02:26 pm

He won back to back titles at Dortmund mate. Sort of ruins your theory that...

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #701: Feb 07, 2021 11:36:41 pm

Takes freaking out to a whole new level
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #702: Feb 07, 2021 11:43:54 pm
      Wow, I'm just demoralized after that. Imagine how Jürgen and the lads feel.

Ali must be kicking himself, he won't sleep tonight!

Shattered!!!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #703: Feb 07, 2021 11:46:47 pm

Shattered!!!

Just a thought... What if Ali's cool about everything and didn't care? I could be wrong but if...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #704: Feb 08, 2021 12:08:39 am
      Just a thought... What if Ali's cool about everything and didn't care? I could be wrong but if...

He won't be, he can't be after that!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #705: Feb 08, 2021 01:44:37 am

Shattered!!!

We will pick ourselves up and go again. Hendo will be back in the middle of the field on Saturday. Hopefully Fab too. We will respond
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #706: Feb 08, 2021 06:24:50 am
      Keeper mistakes a side the big difference between the 2 sides were City had players who rather than just crossing balls into the box were happy to stand our full backs up and take them on.

Sterling for the pen, and the first goal took players out of the game and Foden for the last goal.

When we come up against bus parking sides it is something we have to look at. Dribbling at individuals who don't want to be run at.

Every sh*t house club has those players. Brighton, burnleys, West broms. They are strong collectively but weak individually and if you can disrupt the numbers by getting the ball down and targeting them we will create better chances and get more penalties (similar to Salah v Diaz) than filtering it out wide and lumping crosses in.

We have players capable of doing it, and I wouldnt mind seeing Naby in the side when he is fit to help execute it. We have stopped breaking down lines with the ball.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #707: Feb 08, 2021 07:44:57 am

Wow, you have got to love this forum.
      The very last line of your post, are you for real ffs.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #708: Feb 08, 2021 07:58:30 am
      Keeper mistakes a side the big difference between the 2 sides were City had players who rather than just crossing balls into the box were happy to stand our full backs up and take them on.

Sterling for the pen, and the first goal took players out of the game and Foden for the last goal.

When we come up against bus parking sides it is something we have to look at. Dribbling at individuals who don't want to be run at.

Every sh*t house club has those players. Brighton, burnleys, West broms. They are strong collectively but weak individually and if you can disrupt the numbers by getting the ball down and targeting them we will create better chances and get more penalties (similar to Salah v Diaz) than filtering it out wide and lumping crosses in.

We have players capable of doing it, and I wouldnt mind seeing Naby in the side when he is fit to help execute it. We have stopped breaking down lines with the ball.
      The other issue is just getting bodies in the box our fullbacks are putting crosses in at best we have 2 of the front 3 in there at the one time. Even City had 5 in the box to defend this, 5 v 2 makes it difficult to produce a goal unless the cross is absolutely pinpoint and the run from one of our attackers is impeccable. When they scored the first goal they had 5 in our box the only time we get that many in there is during a corner. Our movement from midfield in to attacking positions needs to improve. 

Overall up until the howlers I thought we were the better side in controlling the game at least for all their attacking decorum they managed 1 attempt on goal in 1st half we had 4. Their second attempt results in a goal, the subs also didn’t help us as there was a drop off in tempo the rest is history. I’m not giving up on this side just as yet yes the title looks near impossible but we still have everything to play for and genuine quality to finish in the top 2 and threaten the CL. Our players will hit form and we still have key players to return I suspect we will also see the end of the midfield as CB pairing experiment and have much needed energy in the midfield.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #709: Feb 08, 2021 08:49:02 am
      I’m so angry with that. It was another game where the lads let us down. I can take losing as long as our lads come off the pitch after giving their all but I can’t accept losses like that today. It was really piss poor that and I’m going to go in on some of them.

First half city came out and dominated the first 15 or 20 minutes. I thought we paid them far too much respect and just let them play in-front of us. What the f**k are we doing? F***ing press them and get into them.

Once we weathered that, I thought we did ok for the rest of the half. Mane should have scored and bobby was unlucky with his effort too. We got lucky with the penalty miss though which was so amateurish defending from us. Trent let’s sterling go past too easily and Fabinho foolishly brings him down. Very poor. Anyway, 0-0 at half time I felt was a fair score.

Don’t know what happened at half time or what the f**k klopp said to them because f**king hell, that was awful. City came out wanting it much more than we did and we just didn’t look arsed one bit to me. We just didn’t care. There was nothing. No fight. No passion. No urgency. Nothing. It was hard to watch. Finished 4-1 and to be honest I felt it flattered us. We were dire in that second half. Truly f**king awful.

Alisson. Love the man but he literally cost us the game today. It was a sh*te team performance but if he wasn’t acting like a clown then we might have fluked a draw. F***ing shocking that today from him.

Trent. One of only two players who comes away with any credit for me. Had a tough afternoon dealing with sterling without any help from Salah, and sterling got past him a couple of times, but overall I felt he defended well. Won most of his 1v1 duals. Got forward well. Delivery good. It was his pass that got us the pen. I felt it we were ever going to create anything it would be through Trent today. Told that gobs***e ederson to shut the f**k up at the end too.

Fabinho. Had a stinker today. Didn’t cover Trent particularly well and gave away a soft penalty. Got skinned by foden and picked up a booking. Poor afternoon.

Hendo. He’s just not a cb is he. Don’t see the point in playing him there. Doesn’t have any influence there. Doesn’t do anything. It’s not like he makes loads of interceptions or wins headers is it? All he does is pass around five yards with the occasional lump forward and anyone can do that. Just a waste playing him there.

Robbo. Didn’t seem with it today. Looked tired to me. Thought he was poor going forward.

Thiago. Worst Liverpool performance so far. Couldn’t control the game or dictate the play.

Wijnaldum. Sh*te. He’s been playing recently as in he no longer wants to be here or he knows he’s going at the end of the season. I love Gini and I want him to stay but if he’s going to play with this can’t be arsed attitude then just f**k him off now.

Jones. Not a fan of him personally but today I thought he was our best player. Along with Trent, the only two players who come out with any credit for me. The two scousers funnily enough. Probably because it means more to them. Thought he played well and it was mad to bring him off.

Front three. All sh*te. Not involved. No press. Sh*te. Nothing else to say.

I’m so f**king angry with that performance. If we play like that for the rest of the season you can forget top four, then we will finish about 8th. Jürgen needs to fire a f**king rocket up some of their arses because that wasn’t good enough one bit.

If we’re going down fine but f**king go down fighting lads come on. Absolutely sh*te that today and so unlike us.

F***ing sh*te there’s no crowds because I think we’d have lifted them today. But for the time being they’re going to have to find a way to lift themselves.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I’ll probably get a ban for this , so to all those who have read my posts down the years, all the best, stay safe YNWA.

It’s said that the oceans are full of plastic but what I’ve read the last 5 pages it might be worth renaming this forum the LFCreds Ocean, honest to F**k the absolute garbage that some of you so called fans are saying sickens me,  it’s the same sh*t over and f***in over every time we play sh*te, which in all honesty is too much for any other club never mind ours, call yourself supporters, not in my book and certainly not the book that says fans of this club are the most knowledgeable,  pathetic if you ask me, from wanting Jürgen sacked, to believing those that brought us a EPL title, a CL title and all the other pieces of silver that sit in the trophy room, are no longer good enough to play for us,

All those bed wetters & Wums never come up with possible solutions though, it’s alway negative and severely critical, I appreciate everyone has a opinion but if your a genuine supporter you can criticise without slating and promoting sackings , and generally being a total Kunt, those who are hurt by that know who you are, I’d love to name & shame but that would be lower than shark sh*t, I’m not saying anymore, probably said enough already, I’m sick and tired of all negative sh*te spoken on these boards, to the point where I’m thinking of moving on, some might miss me some will be hanging up the bunting as I type, before I finish my Rant though our founding father Bill Shankly had many quotes, this is one of my favourites.......

“ If You Can’t Support us when We’re Losing, Don’t Support us when We’re Winning”

I’ll just leave that right there for all you Wums and Bed Wetters !

Y  N  W  A

+10
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #710: Feb 08, 2021 08:57:22 am

I’ll probably get a ban for this , so to all those who have read my posts down the years, all the best, stay safe YNWA.

It’s said that the oceans are full of plastic but what I’ve read the last 5 pages it might be worth renaming this forum the LFCreds Ocean, honest to f**k the absolute garbage that some of you so called fans are saying sickens me,  it’s the same sh*t over and f***in over every time we play sh*te, which in all honesty is too much for any other club never mind ours, call yourself supporters, not in my book and certainly not the book that says fans of this club are the most knowledgeable,  pathetic if you ask me, from wanting Jürgen sacked, to believing those that brought us a EPL title, a CL title and all the other pieces of silver that sit in the trophy room, are no longer good enough to play for us,

All those bed wetters & Wums never come up with possible solutions though, it’s alway negative and severely critical, I appreciate everyone has a opinion but if your a genuine supporter you can criticise without slating and promoting sackings , and generally being a total Kunt, those who are hurt by that know who you are, I’d love to name & shame but that would be lower than shark sh*t, I’m not saying anymore, probably said enough already, I’m sick and tired of all negative sh*te spoken on these boards, to the point where I’m thinking of moving on, some might miss me some will be hanging up the bunting as I type, before I finish my Rant though our founding father Bill Shankly had many quotes, this is one of my favourites.......

“ If You Can’t Support us when We’re Losing, Don’t Support us when We’re Winning”

Y  N  W  A

Thats the calmest Ive seen ye  :D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #711: Feb 08, 2021 09:10:38 am

It’s said that the oceans are full of plastic but what I’ve read the last 5 pages it might be worth renaming this forum the LFCreds Ocean, honest to f**k the absolute garbage that some of you so called fans are saying sickens me,  it’s the same sh*t over and f***in over every time we play sh*te, which in all honesty is too much for any other club never mind ours, call yourself supporters, not in my book and certainly not the book that says fans of this club are the most knowledgeable,  pathetic if you ask me, from wanting Jürgen sacked, to believing those that brought us a EPL title, a CL title and all the other pieces of silver that sit in the trophy room, are no longer good enough to play for us,

Y  N  W  A

Agree with a lot of your posts on here billy, but just wanted to add, I'm not sure Shankly ever said that . It is attributed to him in some recent online material, but I've not seen that one with any good sourcing. Maybe I'm wrong.

Agree that fans can be critical and still support, but also that there is a good deal of phony fandom on here.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #712: Feb 08, 2021 09:22:05 am
      Thats the calmest Ive seen ye  :D

Believe me mate I’m f***in seething underneath, not only angry & frustrated with how we are performing and the manner of how, it’s those who are hell bent in bringing this club down to its knees, think back to what Jürgen said in his first press conference, that he wants to turn us from doubters to believers, what has changed ?
      A run of bad form and suddenly the doubters are back, but not only back to what we were before Jürgen, but back to what we were under f***in Roy, that’s what these Wums & bed Wetters want, that’s the kind of attitude we have running thru these boards, f***in pisses me off some the sh*te I’ve read, mate honestly I would name names but that’s not what I’m about, most genuine fans of these boards recognise who these fuckers are, just wish we could weed them out totally, don’t get me wrong, I’ve said some sh*te in the past too, probably will so again but not to the point where I no longer believe in my manager or what he’s trying to accomplish !

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply