Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      9 (11.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (7.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (12.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (4.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      42 (51.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (7.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2021 06:21:56 pm

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23744 times
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Re: Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Feb 08, 2021 09:22:16 am
      Massive issue still for me in all the recent games.... we’re creating nothing. We created nothing against West Brom ffs! One of the worst teams I’ve seen in the PL.

You can say, 20 mins to go yesterday, it’s 1-1. Game in the balance. Then alisson has the worst 5 mins he ever will.

But felt like they were far better than us throughout. They’re so damn good on the ball. Whereas for us right now not a single part of our team is functioning properly.

Time to get the midfielders back into midfield. We’ve got centre backs now. Time to play them there. They might not be good enough. But we’ve got to find out. No doubt in my mind we will be miles better with a midfield of Fabinho Henderson and Thiago.

Front 3 is concerning. Need a long chat about Firmino. Jota has been a massive miss.

League long gone, battle for top 4 now. And of course still got the CL. Hard to see us doing much right now, but it can change quickly.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #714: Feb 08, 2021 09:24:30 am
      Overall up until the howlers I thought we were the better side in controlling the game at least for all their attacking decorum they managed 1 attempt on goal in 1st half we had 4.

This was also my general thoughts on the game up until about the 70th minute or whenever it was.  I was thinking lets go for a winner not us ending up the wrong side of a heavy defeat.

In hindsight, I wonder whether Kelleher being out with a knock forced Jürgen to back an under the weather Alisson over a fully fit Adrian.  I'm sure a lot of us would probably have backed the same decision.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #715: Feb 08, 2021 09:27:18 am
      Massive issue still for me in all the recent games.... we’re creating nothing. We created nothing against West Brom ffs! One of the worst teams I’ve seen in the PL.

I think it's an issue for us all and it's part of the reason why many of us want a restoration of a bit more dynamism into midfield.  There's no excuse in my book now for Henderson to play again at centre-back this season. 

I'd rather have Phillips and one of the new lads there, and have a better functioning front six.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #716: Feb 08, 2021 09:33:46 am
      They'd lost 5 games in their first 23 games last year just like we have this year. Didn't think I was outling a difficult concept to understand. They were poor last year. We're poor this year.

Oh you meant they were bang average last season, I thought you meant they were bang average this season/yesterday. In any case they still weren't bang average last season, any team that comes second in the league is by definition NOT bang average.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #717: Feb 08, 2021 10:00:14 am
      Woah mate.

Think you've joined the wrong forum.

Take my advice .   I would leave ...before you really humiliate yourself.

TROLL ALERT!! TROLL ALERT!!

He's entitled to his opinion, same as you are, freedom of speech FFS!!!

If you disagree with him try to debate him rather than trying to cancel him!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #718: Feb 08, 2021 10:00:53 am

no they are bottom table teams, very very tricky!! :-(
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #719: Feb 08, 2021 10:03:05 am
      He won back to back titles at Dortmund mate. Sort of ruins your theory that...

well he sure as hell won't for us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #720: Feb 08, 2021 10:03:48 am
      We will pick ourselves up and go again. Hendo will be back in the middle of the field on Saturday. Hopefully Fab too. We will respond

When???
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #721: Feb 08, 2021 10:08:09 am
      However, I still doubt this manager!

Come on! Admit it, you support one of the Manchester clubs don't you? Or maybe Heimy in disguise.  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #722: Feb 08, 2021 10:13:15 am

Believe me mate I’m f***in seething underneath, not only angry & frustrated with how we are performing and the manner of how, it’s those who are hell bent in bringing this club down to its knees, think back to what Jürgen said in his first press conference, that he wants to turn us from doubters to believers, what has changed ?
      A run of bad form and suddenly the doubters are back, but not only back to what we were before Jürgen, but back to what we were under f***in Roy, that’s what these Wums & bed Wetters want, that’s the kind of attitude we have running thru these boards, f***in pisses me off some the sh*te I’ve read, mate honestly I would name names but that’s not what I’m about, most genuine fans of these boards recognise who these fuckers are, just wish we could weed them out totally, don’t get me wrong, I’ve said some sh*te in the past too, probably will so again but not to the point where I no longer believe in my manager or what he’s trying to accomplish !

Y  N  W  A

Go on name names, you know you want to. Who are the people who have not been issued regulation rose tinted glasses, who are happy at us losing 3 games at home in a row, not scoring a goal in open play at Anfield this year. Who are these disgraceful so called "Fans".

For the record I actually don't think we are as bad as some people on here think, 4-1 did not reflect the game yesterday BUT City were by a good distance the better team, we have really lost our way recently and it is worrying because we have an insane manager, ie someone who keeps doing the same things yet expects different results. Our style of play has become utter sh*t since the turn of the year, slow predictable laboured, the lads seem utterly devoid of confidence and their skill levels seem to be going backwards.

The solution is actually fairly simple, Klopp needs to march into the dressing room, put on some AC DC Back in Black and say right lads lets back to our old style HEAVY METAL ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!  In other words lets get back to pressing and attacking at speed, no more of this careful careful approach,  I'd much rather lose a game 4-3 then 1-0 with hardly any attempts at goal.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #723: Feb 08, 2021 10:13:42 am
      It was an awful performance, in fact from the outset our team has looked like a beaten team, the rest was a horror show.
      Klopp team selection was wrong, however, this is not the first time! the changes in the second half were wired and gave City the initiative to take total control, especially by taking off Jones who was the only player that kept City's defense at bay.

Klopp said that his team played well, Was he really talking about the same match? The keeper has a cold leg! we are becoming a laughing stock. For any manager who gives stupid excuses for his players' failures is a recipe for disaster, I do expect that we will have his Dortmund final season being repeated here once more, he has never managed to win titles the following season!.

Klopp management and planning for this season especially is the weirdest of all, he lost the plot totally, he has now four CBs, headed by Phillips, why he did not use any of them today? Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, along with Jones should in the midfield! Every sensible LFC fan would ask for that, apart from the odd minded manager.

The top four spot is not really guaranteed, I think it is beyond us!  I do agree with some of the fans for major changes in players' personal, new faces are needed especially up front, and major clear up of shitty players are also needed, the likes of Origi, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Kaita, and even Salah. However, I still doubt this manager!

This got two likes? Seriously?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #724: Feb 08, 2021 10:15:09 am
      well he sure as hell won't for us.

Maybe not this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #725: Feb 08, 2021 10:15:51 am
      Come on! Admit it, you support one of the Manchester clubs don't you? Or maybe Heimy in disguise.  :lmao:

oh is that bit of trolling there Keith??

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #726: Feb 08, 2021 10:18:05 am
      Maybe it’s just me but I thought we were doing ok without being flamboyant, at 1-1 we we’re still in it, City we’re obviously playing better but  we were coping, even after Ali’s first brain fart @ 1-2 we were still in it but only just, so when brain fart Ali happened again you could physically see the players deflating, they knew then it was game over,

What really annoyed me was why Jürgen took off Jones, to that point he was our best player, personally I would have dropped Gini put Hendo in midfield and Kabak next to Fab, we were still 1-2 down and with time to salvage, Milner & Shaq was pointless and gained absolutely F**k all, actually when you look at the bench yesterday it was hardly inspiring was it, too much deadwood, inexperience and unreliability,

That corner we turned the other week was into a cul-de-sac, of which was about as short as Pickford’s arms, we’re about to exit that dead end and now have the opportunity to rebuild for next season, our nemesis will regain the title while we lick our wounds, next up is Leicester with Vardy & co, for me the 21/22 campaign starts there,

We’re done with midfield CB thing now, let’s try with two proper Center backs, and I’d go with Nat Phillips and the new fella Kabak, see what he’s about, we know what we’ll get with Nat, and he deserves a chance to perhaps cement a place for next season,

Sit Fabinho in front as the DM, Henderson & Thiago making up the midfield, and as a tried & trusted attack, Salah Bobby & Mane, Jota won’t be ready just yet but he would have been in contention if fit,

This is just me here, but I’d drop Ali for ‘A kick up the Sphincter’ excercise, just to let him know complacency will not be tolerated, even if you are the best keeper on the planet, he will of course know he fu**ed up, and will be full of remorse but we need him with a clear head & 100% focussed from here on in, and that applies to everyone, so I’d drop him and put Kelleher in V Foxes,

Trent & Robbo to remain but, in the coming months we need to rotate and give the likes of Tsimikas & Neco pitch time, we’ll need them more than ever next season , out of the subs we had yesterday, long term there is no place for Origi, Shaqiri, Oxlaid,deadwood right there,  Milner I’d keep because you cannot buy his experience and even at his age he will be needed,

By August we will look much healthier, Virgil, Joe & Matip back, Jota too, and of course whatever new faces acquired in the summer window, when you look at the bigger picture it’s not too shabby, some pieces of the jigsaw need replacing some new pieces brought in and one or two from the academy will stand out,

Getting back to this now dead campaign we still have the CL and a top 4 battle to contend, we need to throw caution to the wind and try different things, maybe a different style or something simple like have a plan B & C, I hope Jürgen, Pep & Peter, bang their heads together and come up with a solution, and fast before this season collapses completely?

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #727: Feb 08, 2021 10:18:47 am

I’ll probably get a ban for this , so to all those who have read my posts down the years, all the best, stay safe YNWA.

It’s said that the oceans are full of plastic but what I’ve read the last 5 pages it might be worth renaming this forum the LFCreds Ocean, honest to f**k the absolute garbage that some of you so called fans are saying sickens me,  it’s the same sh*t over and f***in over every time we play sh*te, which in all honesty is too much for any other club never mind ours, call yourself supporters, not in my book and certainly not the book that says fans of this club are the most knowledgeable,  pathetic if you ask me, from wanting Jürgen sacked, to believing those that brought us a EPL title, a CL title and all the other pieces of silver that sit in the trophy room, are no longer good enough to play for us,

All those bed wetters & Wums never come up with possible solutions though, it’s alway negative and severely critical, I appreciate everyone has a opinion but if your a genuine supporter you can criticise without slating and promoting sackings , and generally being a total Kunt, those who are hurt by that know who you are, I’d love to name & shame but that would be lower than shark sh*t, I’m not saying anymore, probably said enough already, I’m sick and tired of all negative sh*te spoken on these boards, to the point where I’m thinking of moving on, some might miss me some will be hanging up the bunting as I type, before I finish my Rant though our founding father Bill Shankly had many quotes, this is one of my favourites.......

“ If You Can’t Support us when We’re Losing, Don’t Support us when We’re Winning”

I’ll just leave that right there for all you Wums and Bed Wetters !

Y  N  W  A

It's actually a very good post Billy don't knock yourself. I have the same problem on redcafe. Your always going to get plastic fans at every club, it's just how you/we try to deal with them the problem.

Frustrations with fans is understandable, they just go over board. I do my best to ignore, granted its not easy so the ignore button has to come out.  ;D

Best of luck and keep posting.  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #728: Feb 08, 2021 10:23:32 am

Maybe more than one membership? I can think of least one person that would like it.  :f_doh:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #729: Feb 08, 2021 10:39:10 am

Looks like the forum is infiltrated by a few WUM's recently best if we put them on ignore.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #730: Feb 08, 2021 10:50:49 am
      We are where we are and it's not looking good. The fluidity, pace and cohesion in our play has gone, completely gone. There is nothing there at the moment and it has to change quickly. We cannot continue playing our 2 most influential midfielders in the centre back positions, it is killing us. We have plugged one hole but left another one open in the process. We are vulnerable and are paying the ultimate price for it.

We have centre backs, we need to stick by them until we have weathered the storm and get our first choice players back. The sacrifice of Henderson and Fabinho is too great to bear. We are not getting any better and it is getting hard to watch. The protective shield for our defence is now the actual defence.

The pressing game of Henderson and the defensive nous of Fabinho are being sorely missed, integral to everything we do so well.

Klopp needs to solve this conundrum sooner rather than later, i trust he will.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #731: Feb 08, 2021 10:52:57 am
      Go on name names, you know you want to. Who are the people who have not been issued regulation rose tinted glasses, who are happy at us losing 3 games at home in a row, not scoring a goal in open play at Anfield this year. Who are these disgraceful so called "Fans".

For the record I actually don't think we are as bad as some people on here think, 4-1 did not reflect the game yesterday BUT City were by a good distance the better team, we have really lost our way recently and it is worrying because we have an insane manager, ie someone who keeps doing the same things yet expects different results. Our style of play has become utter sh*t since the turn of the year, slow predictable laboured, the lads seem utterly devoid of confidence and their skill levels seem to be going backwards.

The solution is actually fairly simple, Klopp needs to march into the dressing room, put on some AC DC Back in Black and say right lads lets back to our old style HEAVY METAL ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!  In other words lets get back to pressing and attacking at speed, no more of this careful careful approach,  I'd much rather lose a game 4-3 then 1-0 with hardly any attempts at goal.

Well, as our Cilla once said, Surprise surprise, who’d have thought that one of those biggest  advocants of Wummery would raise their ugly heads above the parapet, I commend you Sir for your honesty and admittance of said wummery,

It wasn’t too long ago in a post you mentioned that if Jürgen doesn’t or can’t get his tactics correct he needs replacing, or words to that effect, see, that’s exactly what I’m getting at, knee jerk reactions that are
      designed and completely deliberate to wind up others, to be a WUM, a Wind Up Merchant, you Sir are as guilty as they come, however, I will admit in your case that you do on occasion post some literal material that is worth debating but most of the time your posts are designed to gain a reaction from other posters and cause arguments,

I will not name the names you want me to, I refuse to sink to your level, anyone with a modicum of grey matter know who they are already and the fact that you Sir have decided to rear your ugly mug regarding this topic speaks volumes  !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #732: Feb 08, 2021 11:03:02 am

I have a feeling this is Klopp's last season with us, I'm not saying that is what I want but I just get that feeling.

If that happens I would forever hold Klopp in the very highest esteem, what he has achieved so far is simply incredible.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #733: Feb 08, 2021 11:05:15 am

Well, as our Cilla once said, Surprise surprise, who’d have thought that one of those biggest  advocants of Wummery would raise their ugly heads above the parapet, I commend you Sir for your honesty and admittance of said wummery,

It wasn’t too long ago in a post you mentioned that if Jürgen doesn’t or can’t get his tactics correct he needs replacing, or words to that effect, see, that’s exactly what I’m getting at, knee jerk reactions that are
      designed and completely deliberate to wind up others, to be a WUM, a Wind Up Merchant, you Sir are as guilty as they come, however, I will admit in your case that you do on occasion post some literal material that is worth debating but most of the time your posts are designed to gain a reaction from other posters and cause arguments,

I will not name the names you want me to, I refuse to sink to your level, anyone with a modicum of grey matter know who they are already and the fact that you Sir have decided to rear your ugly mug regarding this topic speaks volumes  !

Y  N  W  A

So basically your say Heimy on the list.  :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #734: Feb 08, 2021 11:08:40 am
      I have a feeling this is Klopp's last season with us, I'm not saying that is what I want but I just get that feeling.

If that happens I would forever hold Klopp in the very highest esteem, what he has achieved so far is simply incredible.

No chance Jürgen leaves at the end of the season. Zero. If he did he would be doubting his own abilities as a top manager.

He will make the adjustments needed for next season and with a full complement of players we will get back to our best again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #735: Feb 08, 2021 11:11:07 am
      Looks like the forum is infiltrated by a few WUM's recently best if we put them on ignore.

can you define what you mean by a wum, is it someone with a different opinion. You see I consider a wum as someone who jumps on another persons post to attack a member, without adding to the discussion, or is that more  a case of trolling?? Perhaps Wum is someone who changes their opinion on something just to provoke an argument, if so then I can't think of many on here who do that, sure some people have a change of mood after a defeat but that is normal human behaviour.

Quick Reply