Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      9 (11.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (7.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (12.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (4.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      42 (51.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (7.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2021 06:21:56 pm

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23747 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Feb 08, 2021 11:12:55 am
      So basically your say Heimy on the list.  :lmao:

In football parlance mate he’s already won the league, just like his mates at City, ironically!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #737: Feb 08, 2021 11:13:51 am
      Don't fall for it Baz.  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #738: Feb 08, 2021 11:19:27 am

Well, as our Cilla once said, Surprise surprise, who’d have thought that one of those biggest  advocants of Wummery would raise their ugly heads above the parapet, I commend you Sir for your honesty and admittance of said wummery,

It wasn’t too long ago in a post you mentioned that if Jürgen doesn’t or can’t get his tactics correct he needs replacing, or words to that effect, see, that’s exactly what I’m getting at, knee jerk reactions that are
      designed and completely deliberate to wind up others, to be a WUM, a Wind Up Merchant, you Sir are as guilty as they come, however, I will admit in your case that you do on occasion post some literal material that is worth debating but most of the time your posts are designed to gain a reaction from other posters and cause arguments,

I will not name the names you want me to, I refuse to sink to your level, anyone with a modicum of grey matter know who they are already and the fact that you Sir have decided to rear your ugly mug regarding this topic speaks volumes  !

Y  N  W  A

Ah I see where the confusion comes form now, I say something you don't agree with you and you see that as me trying to wind you up as opposed to me voicing a differing opinion on an open forum?
      I can assure you and others on here that I very rarely set out to wind someone up, if I do then its always because I've been attacked first.

I see this as a wider issue with society in general, its what is fuelling this hideous cancel culture and censorship of speech, the fact that people cannot stand to have their views challenged any more, that everyone needs their safe spaces, it will lead to stagnation and decline. As an example can you imagine how mind numbingly tedious this forum would be if everyone always agreed with each other and no conflicting opinions were ever heard? Trust me I've seen it happen on other forums where anyone who didn't follow the party line were expelled, eventually the forum closed. 

I commend this forums moderators for embracing free speech and opinion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #739: Feb 08, 2021 11:23:11 am
      No chance Jürgen leaves at the end of the season. Zero. If he did he would be doubting his own abilities as a top manager.

He will make the adjustments needed for next season and with a full complement of players we will get back to our best again.

I hope you are right and that he doesn't leave, but he needs to snap the team out of this current malaise or its bye bye top4 and then the owners might start to get a bit twitchy
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #740: Feb 08, 2021 11:23:43 am
      No chance Jürgen leaves at the end of the season. Zero. If he did he would be doubting his own abilities as a top manager.

He will make the adjustments needed for next season and with a full complement of players we will get back to our best again.

It would be his last season with us if I was the sole person to decide if he still has a job. I would hire and fire managers like how often the sun rises and sets because I’m the most impatient person in the world and I have no commitment and loyalty to who works for me.

And very soon, I’ll would have hired and sacked all the best managers this planet has to offer, that there’ll be no more managers available and willing for me to hire and work for me.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s for the best interest of  both paying and non-paying fans. It’s the best and only management style I know of. I wonder what the outcome would be... :aaliverpool2xt1:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #741: Feb 08, 2021 11:25:12 am

In football parlance mate he’s already won the league, just like his mates at City, ironically!

oh don't be a silly billy ;-)

City are a fantastic team though, I love to see how they attack, makes me nostalgic for when we used to do that, attack at speed and drive at defenders!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #742: Feb 08, 2021 11:26:28 am
      It would be his last season with us if I was the sole person to decide if he still has a job. I would hire and fire managers like how often the sun rises and sets because I’m the most impatient person in the world and I have no commitment and loyalty to who works for me.

And very soon, I’ll would have hired and sacked all the best managers this planet has to offer, that there’ll be no more managers available and willing for me to hire and work for me.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s for the best interest of  both paying and non-paying fans. It’s the best and only management style I know of. I wonder what the outcome would be... :aaliverpool2xt1:

Now this is a good example of a WUM in my opinion, I just wish it was a bit more amusing!
      FrenchRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #743: Feb 08, 2021 11:26:56 am
      Maybe it’s just me but I thought we were doing ok without being flamboyant, at 1-1 we we’re still in it, City we’re obviously playing better but  we were coping, even after Ali’s first brain fart @ 1-2 we were still in it but only just, so when brain fart Ali happened again you could physically see the players deflating, they knew then it was game over,

What really annoyed me was why Jürgen took off Jones, to that point he was our best player, personally I would have dropped Gini put Hendo in midfield and Kabak next to Fab, we were still 1-2 down and with time to salvage, Milner & Shaq was pointless and gained absolutely f**k all, actually when you look at the bench yesterday it was hardly inspiring was it, too much deadwood, inexperience and unreliability,

That corner we turned the other week was into a cul-de-sac, of which was about as short as Pickford’s arms, we’re about to exit that dead end and now have the opportunity to rebuild for next season, our nemesis will regain the title while we lick our wounds, next up is Leicester with Vardy & co, for me the 21/22 campaign starts there,

We’re done with midfield CB thing now, let’s try with two proper Center backs, and I’d go with Nat Phillips and the new fella Kabak, see what he’s about, we know what we’ll get with Nat, and he deserves a chance to perhaps cement a place for next season,

Sit Fabinho in front as the DM, Henderson & Thiago making up the midfield, and as a tried & trusted attack, Salah Bobby & Mane, Jota won’t be ready just yet but he would have been in contention if fit,

This is just me here, but I’d drop Ali for ‘A kick up the Sphincter’ excercise, just to let him know complacency will not be tolerated, even if you are the best keeper on the planet, he will of course know he fu**ed up, and will be full of remorse but we need him with a clear head & 100% focussed from here on in, and that applies to everyone, so I’d drop him and put Kelleher in V Foxes,

Trent & Robbo to remain but, in the coming months we need to rotate and give the likes of Tsimikas & Neco pitch time, we’ll need them more than ever next season , out of the subs we had yesterday, long term there is no place for Origi, Shaqiri, Oxlaid,deadwood right there,  Milner I’d keep because you cannot buy his experience and even at his age he will be needed,

By August we will look much healthier, Virgil, Joe & Matip back, Jota too, and of course whatever new faces acquired in the summer window, when you look at the bigger picture it’s not too shabby, some pieces of the jigsaw need replacing some new pieces brought in and one or two from the academy will stand out,

Getting back to this now dead campaign we still have the CL and a top 4 battle to contend, we need to throw caution to the wind and try different things, maybe a different style or something simple like have a plan B & C, I hope Jürgen, Pep & Peter, bang their heads together and come up with a solution, and fast before this season collapses completely?

Y  N  W  A
      100% agree with most of that, except I wouldn't hang Ali out to dry for the two howlers: I think they just highlighted just how brittle team confidence is at the moment.  Forget the first one, but the second should have been booted into Row Z; but he's big enough and man enough to step up and deal with it. 

I do think Phillips needs to start alongside Kabak or Davies so we can have our midfielders back and, somewhere along the line, TAA and Robertson need a rest: they'll both be off to the Euros in June and we need them fresh for the start of next season.

FSG need to back Jürgen with a serious transfer kitty in the summer and we need another striker; we'll lose Sadio and Mo for a month for the African Nations and Sadio's played about three seasons now without a break.  You can't maintain those levels forever without a few cracks starting to show. Jota can't come back quick enough. 

I'm pretty confident we'll turn the tide and get back to winning ways, and Jürgen's got a rare free week now to work on our shape for the Leicester game.   
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #744: Feb 08, 2021 11:28:18 am
      Ah I see where the confusion comes form now, I say something you don't agree with you and you see that as me trying to wind you up as opposed to me voicing a differing opinion on an open forum?
      I can assure you and others on here that I very rarely set out to wind someone up, if I do then its always because I've been attacked first.

I see this as a wider issue with society in general, its what is fuelling this hideous cancel culture and censorship of speech, the fact that people cannot stand to have their views challenged any more, that everyone needs their safe spaces, it will lead to stagnation and decline. As an example can you imagine how mind numbingly tedious this forum would be if everyone always agreed with each other and no conflicting opinions were ever heard? Trust me I've seen it happen on other forums where anyone who didn't follow the party line were expelled, eventually the forum closed. 

I commend this forums moderators for embracing free speech and opinion.

I’m not the first to call you out on your wummery and doubt I’ll be the last, in your defence like I mentioned above you do have some valid points that are worthy of debate, however you do post for a reaction deliberately to argue with others, you will of course deny this and have a different  perspective, but like I said I’m not the first to call you out and that in itself says a lot about your history in these boards ?

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #745: Feb 08, 2021 11:31:09 am
      can you define what you mean by a wum, is it someone with a different opinion. You see I consider a wum as someone who jumps on another persons post to attack a member, without adding to the discussion, or is that more  a case of trolling?? Perhaps Wum is someone who changes their opinion on something just to provoke an argument, if so then I can't think of many on here who do that, sure some people have a change of mood after a defeat but that is normal human behaviour.

Maybe troll is more apt then just noticed a few new "supporters" have joined the forum recently and only posted negative comments from the off slating Jürgen and the players. I'm all for having differing opinions I've made my fair share over the years, but these newbies posts are completely unbalanced and only intend to provoke reactions from the majority of real supporters on here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #746: Feb 08, 2021 11:35:36 am

I’m not the first to call you out on your wummery and doubt I’ll be the last, in your defence like I mentioned above you do have some valid points that are worthy of debate, however you do post for a reaction deliberately to argue with others, you will of course deny this and have a different  perspective, but like I said I’m not the first to call you out and that in itself says a lot about your history in these boards ?

To be fair Billy, heim makes valid points on here even if it winds some up at times. I'm more pissed off with these plebs doubting Jürgen as a manager or even looking for him to be sacked.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #747: Feb 08, 2021 11:38:30 am

Well, as our Cilla once said, Surprise surprise, who’d have thought that one of those biggest  advocants of Wummery would raise their ugly heads above the parapet, I commend you Sir for your honesty and admittance of said wummery,

It wasn’t too long ago in a post you mentioned that if Jürgen doesn’t or can’t get his tactics correct he needs replacing, or words to that effect, see, that’s exactly what I’m getting at, knee jerk reactions that are
      designed and completely deliberate to wind up others, to be a WUM, a Wind Up Merchant, you Sir are as guilty as they come, however, I will admit in your case that you do on occasion post some literal material that is worth debating but most of the time your posts are designed to gain a reaction from other posters and cause arguments,

I will not name the names you want me to, I refuse to sink to your level, anyone with a modicum of grey matter know who they are already and the fact that you Sir have decided to rear your ugly mug regarding this topic speaks volumes  !

Y  N  W  A

There is an old proverb that says: "If you throw a stick into a pack of dogs, the one who gets hit, will bark."
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #748: Feb 08, 2021 11:39:36 am
      Klopp has a midfield which the opposition don’t even need to bother worrying about. Close down the front three and it’s virtually job done.

Not sure why he has not tried to change it up a but.

Expecting a different outcome from yeah you know the phrase.

The midfield is our major issue,they are offering little/no support for the defence,create little for the strikers and don't score or assist goals,i thought after they went a goal up Jürgen would bring on Kabak and put Fab into midfield,the subs that i thought were understandable but clearly didn't pay off,sadly looks like Milly's not up to it anymore,apart from Jones i thought all of the midfield were awful,city cut through them like a knife through butter.Feel for Jürgen but he really needs to change things and play players in their positions especially Hendo and Fab otherwise Europa league at best next season.YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #749: Feb 08, 2021 11:49:09 am
      oh don't be a silly billy ;-)

City are a fantastic team though, I love to see how they attack, makes me nostalgic for when we used to do that, attack at speed and drive at defenders!

That they are I agree, but I’m not in favour of blowing too much smoke up their arse, truth be told were we  at full strength I believe we would be top and in a two horse race for the title, I don’t think we would be running away with it like last season however, and although they have changed their way of playing and are much more solid, I still believe we are a better side, it’s just a shame this season has been robbed us of being at our optimum, having no fans etc, our 12th man at Anfield, I hope next season everything is on a even keel, we will know who the better side is, but then, another factor will come into the equation next year and they are Chelsea, Tuchel has the players and the know how to make them a factor in a title challenge,
      Other than them no one else have the resources to mount a serious challenge to us & City ?

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #750: Feb 08, 2021 11:54:00 am
      To be fair Billy, heim makes valid points on here even if it winds some up at times. I'm more pissed off with these plebs doubting Jürgen as a manager or even looking for him to be sacked.

I have said that Baz, and you are correct of course it’s the plebs who need weeding out !
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #751: Feb 08, 2021 12:00:32 pm
      Strangely not too bothered about last night's result. Sort of put us out of our misery in a way. Now that the focus has fully shifted to top 4 it's reassuring in a weird kind of way to know that reaching our (new) goal doesn't hinge on us having a near perfect end to the season while also hoping City drop points. Domestically it's now just a case of finishing strongly, cementing ourselves in the top four and making sure we're ready to go next season.

Wednesday night was the sickener for me. It was the most disappointed I'd been after a Liverpool game in a long time. The concoction of initial hope following the two away victories mixed with the dismal, static performance against a team we should be beating with ease made it particularly hard to take. Last night was simply a defeat at the hands of the best team in the league, aided by two freak mistakes
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #752: Feb 08, 2021 12:17:41 pm
      Maybe troll is more apt then just noticed a few new "supporters" have joined the forum recently and only posted negative comments from the off slating Jürgen and the players. I'm all for having differing opinions I've made my fair share over the years, but these newbies posts are completely unbalanced and only intend to provoke reactions from the majority of real supporters on here.

I am neither a WUM nor a troll but I have my own opinions which I stand by, if they provoke debate then surely that is a good thing in a forum. As for new posters logging on to be controversial, I'll agree that that probably is wumming or trolling by opposition fans in most cases, but it might also be a fan who doesn't normally use a forum who needs to vent.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #753: Feb 08, 2021 05:52:03 pm
      It's actually a very good post Billy don't knock yourself. I have the same problem on redcafe. Your always going to get plastic fans at every club, it's just how you/we try to deal with them the problem.

Frustrations with fans is understandable, they just go over board. I do my best to ignore, granted its not easy so the ignore button has to come out.  ;D

Best of luck and keep posting.  :)

Really? You're loving this mate, and some fans are sucked right in.

For months you've been playing the game that Man Utd are fortunate and we are just unfortunate... etc. etc. and now you love to see fans who are blindly believing the same nonsense that Liverpool just had a bad result.  :lmao: No better time to be loitering around the forum with this shocking dip in form, and all the better to jump into threads and support those who are blindly watching the building burn around them ;D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #754: Feb 08, 2021 06:08:13 pm
      well he sure as hell won't for us.

And City are still desperate for Pep to win them the CL. Your point is???

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #755: Feb 08, 2021 06:25:55 pm
      Oh you meant they were bang average last season, I thought you meant they were bang average this season/yesterday. In any case they still weren't bang average last season, any team that comes second in the league is by definition NOT bang average.

TROLL ALERT!! TROLL ALERT!!   WTF

He's entitled to his opinion, same as you are, freedom of speech FFS!!!

If you disagree with him try to debate him rather than trying to cancel him!

no they are bottom table teams, very very tricky!! :-(

well he sure as hell won't for us.

Go on name names, you know you want to. Who are the people who have not been issued regulation rose tinted glasses, who are happy at us losing 3 games at home in a row, not scoring a goal in open play at Anfield this year. Who are these disgraceful so called "Fans".

For the record I actually don't think we are as bad as some people on here think, 4-1 did not reflect the game yesterday BUT City were by a good distance the better team, we have really lost our way recently and it is worrying because we have an insane manager, ie someone who keeps doing the same things yet expects different results. Our style of play has become utter sh*t since the turn of the year, slow predictable laboured, the lads seem utterly devoid of confidence and their skill levels seem to be going backwards.

The solution is actually fairly simple, Klopp needs to march into the dressing room, put on some AC DC Back in Black and say right lads lets back to our old style HEAVY METAL ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!  In other words lets get back to pressing and attacking at speed, no more of this careful careful approach,  I'd much rather lose a game 4-3 then 1-0 with hardly any attempts at goal.

( Edit: In speaking the English language one really shouldn't put BUT or AND at the beginning of a sentence. )

........................ ........................ ........................ ...................

What's all this then Heimdall ?

Eh ?  A sugar rush?   Been at your sweeties today ......gloating ?

You couldn't wait . You were wetting yourself to hit the keyboard after last night's result.

While I consider what head time I may or may not apply to your mental health problem perhaps I could revert you back to reality.

Watch the Superbowl last night? On a U.S. feed?

See the Norwegian ad ?

About your Homeland ..... no not Milton Keynes

The other one .

Call the mods Heimdall.  Run to Mummy.

BTW Please don't call me a Troll.  Guess what ?
      Guess where they come from? What country ?
      Your country .....

See below....

https://youtu.be/y4U5nit_WkY

« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2021 06:40:42 pm by MIRO »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #756: Feb 08, 2021 06:43:34 pm
      Really? You're loving this mate, and some fans are sucked right in.

For months you've been playing the game that Man Utd are fortunate and we are just unfortunate... etc. etc. and now you love to see fans who are blindly believing the same nonsense that Liverpool just had a bad result.  :lmao: No better time to be loitering around the forum with this shocking dip in form, and all the better to jump into threads and support those who are blindly watching the building burn around them ;D

Do I prefer City winning the league than Liverpool? Obviously, City will never beat our record whilst I'm alive anyway.  ;D  Can you prove me wrong about United not being fortunate ? The results tell you we're in a false postion but obviously I'll take it.

So you saying United are a better team than Liverpool??

Loiitering? If being on here over a decade constitutes Loiitering  then they better change the dictionary. Just for the record I was on here continuously when you won the league last year.

Facts are facts, if Liverpool had a full squad they would still be fighting it out with City. that's a fact. They're still the two best teams in the league. If you don't know that your blinkered.

The lads on here know I don't arse lick. However, feel free  to have a opinion as we all do.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #757: Feb 08, 2021 07:11:59 pm
      Thanks mate, it's good of you as a Utd fan to welcome my opinion on a Liverpool forum. Appreciate it.  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #758: Feb 08, 2021 10:12:17 pm
      Still shattered but I'm glad I'm not alone.

We will get through this sh*t period together and come out firing, hopefully sooner rather then later!

Quick Reply