Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      9 (11.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (7.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (12.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (4.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      42 (51.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (7.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2021 06:21:56 pm

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23764 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Re: Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Feb 08, 2021 11:27:58 pm
      Still shattered but I'm glad I'm not alone.

We will get through this sh*t period together and come out firing, hopefully sooner rather then later!

You're not alone, mate, none of us are. 

We're Liverpool - whoever, wherever we are.  Not together in body right now, but in spirit.

That's the way it has to be so let's make it so.  As in the pandemic, so it is in football.  Whatever we are going through, we get through it sooner by sticking together.  A point some folks on this forum don't seem to get.

More than ever our lads need us behind them, not to stab them in the back but to urge them on, to pick them up and drive them with our faith.

The song we sing is ringing hollow in the ears of some, but it still burns in the hearts of most.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #760: Feb 08, 2021 11:46:54 pm
      You're not alone, mate, none of us are. 

We're Liverpool - whoever, wherever we are.  Not together in body right now, but in spirit.

That's the way it has to be so let's make it so.  As in the pandemic, so it is in football.  Whatever we are going through, we get through it sooner by sticking together.  A point some folks on this forum don't seem to get.

More than ever our lads need us behind them, not to stab them in the back but to urge them on, to pick them up and drive them with our faith.

The song we sing is ringing hollow in the ears of some, but it still burns in the hearts of most.

Amen Brother!

Can't believe some posters on here want to sack Klopp.

What the F**k you cu*ts been drinking over there?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #761: Feb 09, 2021 10:20:28 am
      ( Edit: In speaking the English language one really shouldn't put BUT or AND at the beginning of a sentence. )

........................ ........................ ........................ ...................

What's all this then Heimdall ?

Eh ?  A sugar rush?   Been at your sweeties today ......gloating ?

You couldn't wait . You were wetting yourself to hit the keyboard after last night's result.

While I consider what head time I may or may not apply to your mental health problem perhaps I could revert you back to reality.

Watch the Superbowl last night? On a U.S. feed?

See the Norwegian ad ?

About your Homeland ..... no not Milton Keynes

The other one .

Call the mods Heimdall.  Run to Mummy.

BTW Please don't call me a Troll.  Guess what ?
      Guess where they come from? What country ?
      Your country .....

See below....

https://youtu.be/y4U5nit_WkY

Erm, WHAT????

What is your fixation with attacking Norway boy, did some Norwegian girl or perhaps boy tell you to f**k off or something?? 

BTW, quite a funny advert, thanks.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #762: Feb 09, 2021 10:27:33 am
      Do I prefer City winning the league than Liverpool? Obviously, City will never beat our record whilst I'm alive anyway.  ;D  Can you prove me wrong about United not being fortunate ? The results tell you we're in a false postion but obviously I'll take it.

So you saying United are a better team than Liverpool??

Loiitering? If being on here over a decade constitutes Loiitering  then they better change the dictionary. Just for the record I was on here continuously when you won the league last year.

Facts are facts, if Liverpool had a full squad they would still be fighting it out with City. that's a fact. They're still the two best teams in the league. If you don't know that your blinkered.

The lads on here know I don't arse lick. However, feel free  to have a opinion as we all do.

Why are you on here though?? I've never quite understood it, it is a sort of a pisstake isn't it Keith, be honest now.

BTW there is no time limit on loitering, so its an entirely apt term for you.

"Loitering is the act of remaining in a particular public place for a protracted time, without any apparent purpose"
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #763: Feb 09, 2021 10:28:57 am
      Amen Brother!

Can't believe some posters on here want to sack Klopp.

What the f**k you Cu*ts been drinking over there?

I've not heard a single person say they want to sack Klopp, but he needs to turn this current form around, but if anyone can then its Jürgen.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #764: Feb 09, 2021 03:28:18 pm
      I've not heard a single person say they want to sack Klopp, but he needs to turn this current form around, but if anyone can then its Jürgen.

Didn't somebody say he was insane?   :f_tongueincheek:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #765: Feb 09, 2021 03:30:15 pm

You have alluded to having Klopp replaced..
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #766: Feb 09, 2021 05:00:21 pm

Are the old back tracking post, can't  beat them!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #767: Feb 09, 2021 09:43:03 pm

Are the old back tracking post, can't  beat them!

Show me the post where I asked for him to be sacked, if you can't find it be a man and apologise.
      All I said was that if Klopp can't correct this slump and we lose touch with Top4 then he will come under pressure, is that really so controversial??
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #768: Feb 09, 2021 09:49:02 pm
      Show me the post where I asked for him to be sacked, if you can't find it be a man and apologise.
      All I said was that if Klopp can't correct this slump and we lose touch with Top4 then he will come under pressure, is that really so controversial??

I never said you did you tw*t, I was referring to you saying he was insane then a few days later changing your tune.
      You blow so hot and cold, perhaps you should engage your brain before you post.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #769: Feb 09, 2021 09:55:01 pm
      Why are you on here though?? I've never quite understood it, it is a sort of a pisstake isn't it Keith, be honest now.

BTW there is no time limit on loitering, so its an entirely apt term for you.

"Loitering is the act of remaining in a particular public place for a protracted time, without any apparent purpose"

I think that’s harsh. I don’t know Keith, but his posts are usually unbiased and fair. And Tbf, having fans of other clubs is a good thing. It’s what I miss most about watching football at the pub or going to the pub after a game. Talking football.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #770: Feb 09, 2021 10:11:20 pm
      I never said you did you tw*t, I was referring to you saying he was insane then a few days later changing your tune.

Actually he said if klopp doesn't change his tactics he should be replaced. That was a few days before the insane bit.

Heimy today: "Show me the post where I asked for him to be sacked, if you can't find it be a man and apologise."

Heimy on Jan. 22: "I think we need to shift out a lot of dead wood in the squad and unless Klopp can demonstrate tactical flexibility then I think he needs replacing as well."

So for him to say he hasn't called for Klopp to be sacked is not a true statement.

His purpose on here is almost singularly to wind people up and undermine support of the team. Others will honestly and reasonably debate things in regard to the team, including criticism, but imagine these boards if Heimdall and a few more recent additions were not here. A pleasant thought is it not?

(and I do have them on ignore but they keep getting quoted, so....)
      « Last Edit: Feb 10, 2021 07:20:33 am by Robby The Z »
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #771: Feb 09, 2021 10:25:33 pm
      Kept off this, but 4 1, was not the story, a 1 1, we were going for it, but 2 F**k ups in 3 mins put paid to that, dissapointed after that was they lost thier heads, and switched off
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #772: Feb 09, 2021 10:41:51 pm
      I think that’s harsh. I don’t know Keith, but his posts are usually unbiased and fair. And Tbf, having fans of other clubs is a good thing. It’s what I miss most about watching football at the pub or going to the pub after a game. Talking football.

He's on his period mate which explains his hot & cold sweats  :lmao: Hopefully she... Sorry he will come round soon.  ;D  in another of his recent post he/she said I was a good lad... Think us lads call it women's logic as I can never work that one out.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #773: Feb 09, 2021 10:44:12 pm
      Actually be said if klopp doesn't change his tactics he should be replaced. That was a few days before the insane bit.

Heimy today: "Show me the post where I asked for him to be sacked, if you can't find it be a man and apologise."

Heimy on Jan. 22: "I think we need to shift out a lot of dead wood in the squad and unless Klopp can demonstrate tactical flexibility then I think he needs replacing as well."

So for him to say he hasn't called for Klopp to be sacked is not a true statement.

His purpose on here is almost singularly to wind people up and undermine support of the team. Others will honestly and reasonably debate things in regard to the team, including criticism, but imagine these boards is Heimdall and a few more recent additions were not here. A pleasant thought is it not?

Isn't replacing a more diplomatic word for sacking?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #774: Feb 09, 2021 10:51:38 pm
      Isn't replacing a more diplomatic word for sacking?

oh yeah, that totally changes it!  :lmao:

btw, it's his period, then he's a full-on hemophiliac.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #775: Feb 09, 2021 10:55:20 pm
      I think Klopp has earned a lifetime place as manager. I say that because I know Klopp wouldn't stay unless he was getting results.
      The injuries, COVID, last few years have obviously hindered us this year. I watched the City game and really if the gulf in class was evident it would have taken more than two unusual errors from Alisson to expose it, and the 'world class' (ahahahaha) Foden!!

I am looking forward to Jota and Thiago getting more game time. I would really like to see Hendo and Fab back in midfield. I think Jones should be integrated into a mainstay. I'm excited about Harvey Elliot. I think the near future is very bright red. A patch of bad results at home in 2021 won't change that. I would like to see an upturn in results. 2 CL finals and 1CL trophy and a league title after 30 years with 2 years of unbelievable consistency. It has been quite and effort and I think this group should be granted a little respect for what they have achieved.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #776: Feb 10, 2021 08:45:50 am

I didn't change my tune regarding the insanity, I do consider it insane that during the entire month of January and into February we have been utterly toothless in attack against low block teams yet continued to play with exactly the same players and tactics, that was and is very weird.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #777: Feb 10, 2021 08:47:32 am

I used to like Keith as well until the point where he started trolling me, just to win favour with some of the members on here. I think any opposing fan on here has to behave like a guest and not act in a combative manner.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #778: Feb 10, 2021 08:50:58 am
      Actually he said if klopp doesn't change his tactics he should be replaced. That was a few days before the insane bit.

His purpose on here is almost singularly to wind people up and undermine support of the team. Others will honestly and reasonably debate things in regard to the team, including criticism, but imagine these boards if Heimdall and a few more recent additions were not here. A pleasant thought is it not?

Re-read the statement you highlighted from Jan 22 in its entirety:

"and UNLESS Klopp can demonstrate tactical flexibility then I think he needs replacing as well."  note the unless part, its quite important as it changes the whole sentence, don't you agree?? 

Now ask yourself who is trying to lie and wind people up here?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #779: Feb 10, 2021 08:52:55 am
      He's on his period mate which explains his hot & cold sweats  :lmao: Hopefully she... Sorry he will come round soon.  ;D  in another of his recent post he/she said I was a good lad... Think us lads call it women's logic as I can never work that one out.  :lmao:

Nice bit of sexism and misogyny there Keith, did the 21st century pass you by??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #780: Feb 10, 2021 10:44:59 am
      Nice bit of sexism and misogyny there Keith, did the 21st century pass you by??

You've served your temporary ignore ban now Heimy.   ;D However, your out on probation so be weary what you post and do try and think before you post some strange thoughts/opinions, espically the one about Klopp vacating to pastures new.  :lmao:

We've gone over this whether you like me or not story to many times. Your opinion of me does change pending on my post. If you like the post you like me. If you don't like the post you don't like me. If I quote one of your post I'm a troll.  ;D

I seriously only put you on ignore because times you go on like my ex wife whereas you just never stop moaning or asking members to explains themselves that have but still ask for a explanation.  :f_doh: It's nice to have a switch off button, sadly I couldnt do that with the wife.  ;D

The wanting players to get injured didn't go down to well with me as you know. Nothing I can do about it, might be a culture thing but where I come from I wouldn't print that, some of us will undoubtedly think it and some like yourself post it. Even if it was tongue & cheek it just doesn't sit right with me. However, just my opinion like you have yours.

Try and except a fair bit of what I say is banter. Think your from Norway aren't you? Maybe you don't get banter / understand as well as the mancs & true scousers do. We're always taking the piss out of each other and can most of the time tell its banter.  ;D

Like me or not won't stop me from enjoy reading your post. Now remember??? Your on probation (( that's banter just in case you flip again )) so think before you reply.  ;D

Signed... The Manc.  :)

Ps... Please don't ask that why is a manc posting on a Liverpool forum again please as I get fed up of answering it.

I wish you well.  :)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #781: Feb 10, 2021 03:21:22 pm
      Well that was rubbish on sunday.

But in all honesty we were playing fine until the goalie errors, sh1t happens. Allison has earned the odd off day, I suspect he was rushed back from his illness. But Klopp obviously wanted as much experience in the team as poss v city.

Quick Reply