Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      9 (11.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (7.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (12.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (4.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      42 (51.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (7.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2021 06:21:56 pm

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23769 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Feb 10, 2021 05:42:40 pm
      You've served your temporary ignore ban now Heimy.   ;D However, your out on probation so be weary what you post and do try and think before you post some strange thoughts/opinions, espically the one about Klopp vacating to pastures new.  :lmao:

We've gone over this whether you like me or not story to many times. Your opinion of me does change pending on my post. If you like the post you like me. If you don't like the post you don't like me. If I quote one of your post I'm a troll.  ;D

I seriously only put you on ignore because times you go on like my ex wife whereas you just never stop moaning or asking members to explains themselves that have but still ask for a explanation.  :f_doh: It's nice to have a switch off button, sadly I couldnt do that with the wife.  ;D

The wanting players to get injured didn't go down to well with me as you know. Nothing I can do about it, might be a culture thing but where I come from I wouldn't print that, some of us will undoubtedly think it and some like yourself post it. Even if it was tongue & cheek it just doesn't sit right with me. However, just my opinion like you have yours.

Try and except a fair bit of what I say is banter. Think your from Norway aren't you? Maybe you don't get banter / understand as well as the mancs & true scousers do. We're always taking the piss out of each other and can most of the time tell its banter.  ;D

Like me or not won't stop me from enjoy reading your post. Now remember??? Your on probation (( that's banter just in case you flip again )) so think before you reply.  ;D

Signed... The Manc.  :)

Ps... Please don't ask that why is a manc posting on a Liverpool forum again please as I get fed up of answering it.

I wish you well.  :)

Are you a manc?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #783: Feb 11, 2021 02:42:44 am
      I think any opposing fan on here has to behave like a guest and not act in a combative manner.

Wonders never cease.

Starting to take your own advice eh?

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #784: Feb 11, 2021 01:43:54 pm
      You've served your temporary ignore ban now Heimy.   ;D However, your out on probation so be weary what you post and do try and think before you post some strange thoughts/opinions, espically the one about Klopp vacating to pastures new.  :lmao:

We've gone over this whether you like me or not story to many times. Your opinion of me does change pending on my post. If you like the post you like me. If you don't like the post you don't like me. If I quote one of your post I'm a troll.  ;D

I seriously only put you on ignore because times you go on like my ex wife whereas you just never stop moaning or asking members to explains themselves that have but still ask for a explanation.  :f_doh: It's nice to have a switch off button, sadly I couldnt do that with the wife.  ;D

The wanting players to get injured didn't go down to well with me as you know. Nothing I can do about it, might be a culture thing but where I come from I wouldn't print that, some of us will undoubtedly think it and some like yourself post it. Even if it was tongue & cheek it just doesn't sit right with me. However, just my opinion like you have yours.

Try and except a fair bit of what I say is banter. Think your from Norway aren't you? Maybe you don't get banter / understand as well as the mancs & true scousers do. We're always taking the piss out of each other and can most of the time tell its banter.  ;D

Like me or not won't stop me from enjoy reading your post. Now remember??? Your on probation (( that's banter just in case you flip again )) so think before you reply.  ;D

Signed... The Manc.  :)

Ps... Please don't ask that why is a manc posting on a Liverpool forum again please as I get fed up of answering it.

I wish you well.  :)

Are you..................... Keith................... ..............a Manc  ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #785: Feb 11, 2021 01:50:05 pm

Are you..................... Keith................... ..............a Manc  ?

Born and bread, don't tell me you didn't know.  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #786: Feb 11, 2021 11:56:47 pm
      Quote from Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      We got to stop talking about being champs and these guys winning stuff the past few years. Blah blah blah. Dude, I'm grateful for all of that, but that is in the past. If we don't change things and read the signs than it will be back to the drawing board.

There needs to be a change in personal in this squad. Milner, Ox, Shaq, Origi, and Kieta aren't good enough to be bere, be it age, lack of fitness, or skill. That's not a bad thing to say, nor does it diminish what they've done in the past. It's just the truth.

In MY opinion, it's evident that some of our guys skills are slightly eroding. Age and miles are adding up to Mane, Bob, and Gini. Our style is demanding and we've played a ton the past few years with minimal rest. We need upgrades in those positions. We also need a RB who can defend.

VVD back next season will certainly make us better, but he won't turn back the hands of time in the legs of aging players.

I don't know what age you consider as old, but until we hit the wall at Christmas, our squad was described as "in it's prime". We surely haven't evolved from a bunch of athletes to a bunch of pensioners in 6 weeks.

Early in the first half, they lost possession cheaply in their own half, and Mane got it. Instead of charging at them as he did last year while they got players back, he slowed the play down, passed it inside while they all got back into position, and nothing came of it. That's the way we've been playing now for far too long, and it has to change.

We didn't lose this game because of ageing players, we lost it because the goalkeeper was ill and lost his marbles. I didn't think he would fully recover from whatever he had during the week in time for this game, and clearly he hadn't. And it's not good enough to dismiss it as an isolated incident. You can't carry passengers in a game like this, then see him make major errors in big games and get away with it. You couldn't do it in Kiev, you couldn't do it against Atletico, and you can't do it now. A Liverpool keeper rarely has much to do during a game, but it still has to be done right, and this game was the latest in a line of recent errors by him that make the difference at the end of the year. His status as undisputed No. 1 should come under review.

We have two brand new centre backs, at an age where they're not exactly looking for their pension. But they might be wondering what the hell they're doing if they're not going to be used. It may have been considered a risk and by their nature Germans hate taking risks, but we took a risk with the keeper and that didn't work either. I believe Fabinho is out for the next game after getting 5 yellow cards, so if that is the case, Jürgen will have to do something about it. But we have many players still in their twenties, so anyone expecting a radical overhaul of the squad in the short term is bound to be disappointed.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #787: Feb 12, 2021 03:58:39 am

But in all honesty we were playing fine until the goalie errors, sh1t happens. Allison has earned the odd off day, I suspect he was rushed back from his illness. But Klopp obviously wanted as much experience in the team as poss v city.

We were playing fine.

We go again.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #788: Feb 12, 2021 08:19:22 am
      I don't know what age you consider as old, but until we hit the wall at Christmas, our squad was described as "in it's prime". We surely haven't evolved from a bunch of athletes to a bunch of pensioners in 6 weeks.

Early in the first half, they lost possession cheaply in their own half, and Mane got it. Instead of charging at them as he did last year while they got players back, he slowed the play down, passed it inside while they all got back into position, and nothing came of it. That's the way we've been playing now for far too long, and it has to change.

We didn't lose this game because of ageing players, we lost it because the goalkeeper was ill and lost his marbles. I didn't think he would fully recover from whatever he had during the week in time for this game, and clearly he hadn't. And it's not good enough to dismiss it as an isolated incident. You can't carry passengers in a game like this, then see him make major errors in big games and get away with it. You couldn't do it in Kiev, you couldn't do it against Atletico, and you can't do it now. A Liverpool keeper rarely has much to do during a game, but it still has to be done right, and this game was the latest in a line of recent errors by him that make the difference at the end of the year. His status as undisputed No. 1 should come under review.

We have two brand new centre backs, at an age where they're not exactly looking for their pension. But they might be wondering what the hell they're doing if they're not going to be used. It may have been considered a risk and by their nature Germans hate taking risks, but we took a risk with the keeper and that didn't work either. I believe Fabinho is out for the next game after getting 5 yellow cards, so if that is the case, Jürgen will have to do something about it. But we have many players still in their twenties, so anyone expecting a radical overhaul of the squad in the short term is bound to be disappointed.

agree about the mane thing, it happened a lot, jones had a great break on, and went back the way. defo a confidence thing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #789: Feb 12, 2021 09:26:04 am

No Brian just pretend sometime with Heimy, think I've convinced him now.  :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #790: Feb 12, 2021 09:46:46 am
      No Brian just pretend sometime with Heimy, think I've convinced him now.  :lmao:

Sorry for the sarcasm 😄
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #791: Feb 12, 2021 09:48:42 am

Not sure I know what that means.  :f_whistle:  :lmao:

Quick Reply