Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre match: Leicester City vs Liverpool v EPL Sat Feb 13th KO: 12.30

Read 5933 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Pre match: Leicester City vs Liverpool v EPL Sat Feb 13th KO: 12.30
      Feb 11, 2021 09:53:27 am
      Back in the saddle.

In a week when we gave up our title with a wimper the sad news of the gaffers mam passing also came.

However on we go. A battle now for top 4 and pride. These are a good side but one which I think let us be our best. On a personal note I would change a few things for this game.

. Trent.. Take away his defensive duties, let him go and be the baller he is.

. Go 2 up. Mo and Mane and give them the freedom to do what they want

If were loaning Kabak with a view to a permanent deal well sitting him on his arse wont teach us much so my team in a 4 4 2

Alisson
          Neco    Kabak     Fab    Robbo

Trent  Hendo    Thiago Jones

Mo    Sadio

Look at hendo and Fab interchanging at various points of the game. Id also give Robbo and hour to 70 and then give Tsimikas a run. I think Robbo is on empty and by that stage of the game we wont get his best.

Lastly I think the boss should be excused for this one, if at all possible send him home for a few days to Germany
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2021 10:36:13 am by RedPuppy »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Re: Pre match: Leicester City vs Liverpool v EPL Sat Feb 13th KO: 12.30
      Reply #1: Feb 11, 2021 10:59:22 am
      I think whoever is selected should try to redouble their efforts, to try and achieve something from this seemingly tricky away fixture. Playing Neco Williams a good idea, I have watched him perform for Wales, on the tv, he looks a decent player, deserving a chance at senior level.

Also think it would be sensible to give the boss time off, at least for this game. It would be at least the decent thing, for the club to do, for a manager who has achieved so much for Liverpool FC.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Feb 11, 2021 11:53:15 am
      Back in the saddle.

In a week when we gave up our title with a wimper the sad news of the gaffers mam passing also came.

However on we go. A battle now for top 4 and pride. These are a good side but one which I think let us be our best. On a personal note I would change a few things for this game.

. Trent.. Take away his defensive duties, let him go and be the baller he is.

. Go 2 up. Mo and Mane and give them the freedom to do what they want

If were loaning Kabak with a view to a permanent deal well sitting him on his arse wont teach us much so my team in a 4 4 2

Alisson
          Neco    Kabak     Fab    Robbo

Trent  Hendo    Thiago Jones

Mo    Sadio

Look at hendo and Fab interchanging at various points of the game. Id also give Robbo and hour to 70 and then give Tsimikas a run. I think Robbo is on empty and by that stage of the game we wont get his best.

Lastly I think the boss should be excused for this one, if at all possible send him home for a few days to Germany

I like that but I wonder if another variation might be to play 3 CB's (Fab, Kabak and either Davies or Nat), until the new recruits settle and have Trent and Robbo in the middle together with Hendo, Thiago and Curtis with Mo and Sadio up top. I think that would give a really nice mix between attack and defence, plus it would give us the option of easily changing formation later on back to our default with Bobby coming on for one of the CB's.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: Feb 11, 2021 12:55:19 pm
      I wouldn’t go changing the entire system the squad has been trained for the last few years, tweak it for sure but to completely change it when we are not at full strength wouldn’t do us any good IMO, I’d leave that until we have a complete  pre-season to try stuff out, but certainly not mid way thru, anyhoo, what I will change is Fab & Hendo as CB’s,

I’m not sure between the new lads who is ready yet, but I think we have seen that Phillips can do a decent enough job as one of the cb’s, and maybe Kabak in next to him, having had a full week’s training I’m sure they are more accustomed to what is required by now, it’s just a matter doing it I guess, so I’d go with......

...In a 4-3-2-1....

Alisson
                          Trent   Phillips   Kabak   Robbo
                                          Fabinho
                           Henderson           Alcantara
                                  Salah           Mane
                                          Firmino

Bench; Kelleher, Williams, Davies, Milner, Gini, Jones, Shaqiri, Tsimikas, Jota,

I think once we have a semblance of our midfield back together with our balance, rhythm & fluidity we will see the confidence in the players soar, last season at the Kingpower for me was one if not thee best performances of the whole season, it was first V second and the pundits were touting draw, but we went there and absolutely battered them from start to finish and the 0-4 result flattered them, in truth it could have been 6 or 7,

Leicester are a decent side as you would expect from a Brendan Rogers team but they are no match in terms of quality, their reliance on Vardy scoring as their main hope is a bit feeble, they have good players in  Ndibi, Maddison, Tuleman & Barnes but up against a side like ours or City the seem to go missing, anyhoo enough of them...

I expect us to be in total control and with a strong midfield trio can see us totally dominate play, I doubt we’ll see the same 0-4 thrashing as last season but I do see us starting a good run of wins.

1-2 Champions

Y  N  W  A
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2021 01:45:15 pm by billythered »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #4: Feb 11, 2021 01:38:04 pm
      Let's try a game with our best players in their best positions....that means Fab or Hendo need to be back in midfield. Jordan and Fabhino play in midfield for me, so that leaves one of Gini or Thiago to miss out. Phillips and Kabak at the back. Rest of the team picks itself.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #5: Feb 11, 2021 01:48:37 pm
      As this is an away game, I am much more confident. Our home form is obviously terrible.

If we don't play Henderson and Fabinho in the defence then we should be fine. I prefer Philips with either a new CB or Fabinho in the defence. I am going for LFC win 1-3.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #6: Feb 11, 2021 02:10:55 pm
      I know people will be apprhensive about tactical changes, " now is not the time " type of thing. Well if we dont win Saturday with the same tactical formation, will the time be the derby? If its not and we dont win the derby will it be time to change in a must win v sheffield, considering our form against that type of team.

We need to be brave. we need to try something new. But we cant keep putting the when to do it on the long finger.

If Im Rogers Ive my plan worked out for Liverpools 4 4 3 with the full vacks the outlets, the 3 in the mid will look to control the game but in effect are not a threat therefore if I nulufy the full backs it lessens the impact of the front 3.

So why not stump him..In my team you still have 2 attacing full backs but now 2 genuine threats in wide mid areas plys 2 lads in the centre who xan create. Also 2 front men now with the freedom to sit on shoulders or pull wide or drop deep.
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2021 03:21:12 pm by Brian78 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Feb 11, 2021 03:19:24 pm
      I know people will be apprhensive about tactical changes, " now is not the time " type of thing. Well if we dont win Saturday with the same tactical formation, will the time be the derby? If its not and we dont win the derby will it be time to change in a must win v shefgield, considering our form against that type of team.

We need to be brave. we need to try something new. But we cant keep putting the when to do it on the long finger.

If Im Rogers Ive my plan worked out for Liverpools 4 4 3 with the full vacks the outlets, the 3 in the mid will look to control the game but in effect are not a threat therefore if I nulufy the full backs it lessens the impact of the front 3.

So why not stump him..In my team you still have 2 attacing full backs but now 2 genuine threats in wide mid areas plys 2 lads in the centre who xan create. Also 2 front men now with the freedom to sit on shoulders or pull wide or drop deep.

Spot on, totally agree, we have to change some things around, especially at home as its simply not working.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Feb 11, 2021 05:59:58 pm
      Big question is whether Jürgen will start one of the two new FBs [almost no chance of both] at the weekend.
      I'd love to see Fab/Hendo/Thiago in the middle, but at the same time, mistakes at the back can cost a game.
      We've been decent in away matches, so maybe there's no rush to bring them in for Saturday.
      In saying that, we've some huge games coming up, especially Leipzig, so sooner the likes of Kabak get blooded in matches the better.
      Given the games coming up think playing one of them against Leicester is worth the risk. But Jürgen sees them in training, so...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #9: Feb 11, 2021 06:03:32 pm
      I know people will be apprhensive about tactical changes, " now is not the time " type of thing. Well if we dont win Saturday with the same tactical formation, will the time be the derby? If its not and we dont win the derby will it be time to change in a must win v sheffield, considering our form against that type of team.

If we play 4-4-3 we should win every game
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #10: Feb 11, 2021 06:10:03 pm
      There home record is WON 5 LOST 5 and drawn once. So it’s not exactly a fortress.
      Vardy is back which means they have a threat.
      This will be difficult. Last seasons performance there was near perfection and afterwards I knew we would win the title then.

Personally I would start both new signings. We need our midfield back to its best and that’s with Henderson and Fabinho in there.

Allison
      TAA
      Robertson
      Davies
      Kabak

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Thiago

Salah
      Firmino
      Mane

2-2
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #11: Feb 11, 2021 06:25:54 pm
      I fancy this as a very tough game what with the speed of Leicesters attacking players. I initially was going to put this down as an away loss, but there is no way I can allow myself to have that as a possibility, so away win on the cards. Can’t allow the smug one an opportunity to get one over on us...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #12: Feb 11, 2021 06:32:58 pm
                           Alisson

TAA       Kabak     Davies      Robbo

Hendo      Fab

Thiago

Salah         Bobby         Mane

Back to winning ways with this team.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Feb 11, 2021 06:42:12 pm
      I honestly don't think tactics are our problem.

In the end it's down to player performance. Player performance has been impacted by a number of things, chiefly injuries.

In the end, the players selected need to step up and deliver quality performances. When they do, we win most of our matches, as we've shown in the 2-3 seasons preceding this one.

Hamann has pointed out our bang average results from the end of the lockdown last summer. That may continue until we get a proper close season and the benefits from the usual Klopp pre-season training regimen (we definitely did not have that before this season). But for now, it's imperative on each player to dig down and battle well.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #14: Feb 11, 2021 06:50:47 pm
      Doesn't matter how we lineup or who we lineup, if the players don't get their head out of their ass we're not winning.

Arnold has been shocking defensively directly costing us goals. Alisson gifted 2 last game. Mane missed a header from 5 feet out against City, Salah missed a sitter in the first couple minutes against Brighton. The list goes on and on with individual mistakes / misses.

With everyone having basically had a week off i imagine everyone will be available except those with long-term injuries (and Nancy Keita). You go with the best players available.

Alisson
      Trent - Kabak - Fabinho - Robertson
                       Hendo
             Thiago    -     Gini
      Salah    - Firmino    - Mane
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #15: Feb 11, 2021 06:58:40 pm
      Fancy us to win comfortably. Had a week to lick our wounds and an additional week of training for the new lads to settle in. Huge game for Leicester who have the chance to make a big statement in the race for the top four, which I think will benefit us. I've noticed a few occasions where this Rodgers side seems to be on the cusp of establishing themselves as one of the big boys, but then end up being brought back down to earth with a defeat. Think the same will happen again on Saturday
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #16: Feb 11, 2021 07:50:32 pm
      Just play Kabak and Davies at CB Please.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #17: Feb 11, 2021 09:21:51 pm
      Fancy us to win comfortably. Had a week to lick our wounds and an additional week of training for the new lads to settle in. Huge game for Leicester who have the chance to make a big statement in the race for the top four, which I think will benefit us. I've noticed a few occasions where this Rodgers side seems to be on the cusp of establishing themselves as one of the big boys, but then end up being brought back down to earth with a defeat. Think the same will happen again on Saturday

It will be anything but easy I’m afraid mate 😫
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #18: Feb 11, 2021 10:13:48 pm
      Just play Kabak and Davies at CB Please.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if we never see Ben Davies on the park.

Fab and Kabak for me, with Phillips the first sub at central defence.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #19: Feb 11, 2021 11:03:18 pm

I can see where your coming from Brian but I really don’t think it needs much of a change tbh, it hasn’t been working because we’ve had to play both Hendo & Fab as CB’s and obviously not in their respective favoured positions, that will change now that Jürgen has more options at the back,

I would be inclined  to have a go with one of the new lads in with either or Phillips, Fabinho, or Hendo before ripping up the system altogether, I think we all agree that having Hendo & Fab at the back hasn’t worked and has made us more vulnerable as such, so getting back to a system most are familiar with aside from the new lads, I believe is the way forward, preferably with both Fab & Hendo in midfield,

If nothing changes then for sure maybe a system change is what’s needed but again not mid season, we seen against Spuds & WhU that we don’t need drastic changes for us to perform near to our best, it’s clear that our midfield has suffered without the protection of Fabinho and the energy of Henderson, having those two with either Thiago, Gini or Jones will IMO make us a much better and more dangerous animal.

Y  N  W  A
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #20: Feb 11, 2021 11:35:35 pm
      COMETHEFUCKON !!!!!!!!!!!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #21: Feb 12, 2021 09:09:49 am
      If we play 4-4-3 we should win every game

Should but clearly are not
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #22: Feb 12, 2021 09:12:33 am

I can see where your coming from Brian but I really don’t think it needs much of a change tbh, it hasn’t been working because we’ve had to play both Hendo & Fab as CB’s and obviously not in their respective favoured positions, that will change now that Jürgen has more options at the back,

I would be inclined  to have a go with one of the new lads in with either or Phillips,

Any idea what pace the new lads have out of interest? I like Nat but we know hes not lightining.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #23: Feb 12, 2021 10:32:23 am
      NB: Team no longer available

Then I will insert Shaqiri and Wijnaldum at around 65/70 minute.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #24: Feb 12, 2021 10:39:01 am
      It will be anything but easy I’m afraid mate 😫

Just not really phased by this Leicester team. Good on the eye against the smaller clubs, but I've noticed on a few occasions over the last 18 months or so that when they come up against other top 6 sides in certain crunch games they massively underperform. Can't see Rodgers setting them up with a low block either, so I'm expecting plenty of space for us to create opportunities
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25: Feb 12, 2021 11:31:42 am
      No Fabinho tomorrow
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #26: Feb 12, 2021 11:33:24 am
      No fabinho tomorrow but hopefully back for Tuesday
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #27: Feb 12, 2021 11:33:29 am

Precaution for Tuesday or is he fcuked??
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #28: Feb 12, 2021 11:34:17 am
      Precaution for Tuesday or is he fcuked??

Little niggle apparently
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #29: Feb 12, 2021 11:34:28 am
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #30: Feb 12, 2021 11:35:38 am
      Not too sure what to expect from this weekend tbh... Part of me hoping the lads all rally together and put in the performance of the season for Jürgen after that week or two he has had. Part of me also feels that training etc will have been bitterly disrupted due to the passing of his mother & him not being 100% physically or mentally for the lads.

Seen a few say Leicester come unstuck against bigger teams - Didn't they beat Citeh 5-2 away from home in Sept?!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,522 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31: Feb 12, 2021 11:36:23 am
      Will we see one of new guys start, will Philips perhaps start too.

We all really want to see hendo back in MF, will this happen.

Oh so many questions. ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #32: Feb 12, 2021 11:39:32 am
      Fabinho out.  :mad:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #33: Feb 12, 2021 11:47:43 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,220 posts | 4919 
      Reply #34: Feb 12, 2021 11:49:49 am

Hendo and Gini at CB then.  :f_tongueincheek: ;D
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #35: Feb 12, 2021 11:51:43 am
      Can't be bothered with these press conferences  all doom and gloom Jota no nearer either
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #36: Feb 12, 2021 12:00:26 pm
      Right lets see the 2 new lads so .Get Hendo back in the middle.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #37: Feb 12, 2021 12:23:20 pm
      Very difficult game to predict, Leicester should at least attack. This leaving spaces at the back, it depends whether our forwards can take their chances when they come. A draw would not be a disaster, but obviously need all three points. Great same if Fabinho is ruled out through another injury.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Feb 12, 2021 12:25:26 pm

Why is it none of our players can play through a "little niggle", are the physios a bit over protective??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39: Feb 12, 2021 12:27:53 pm
      Right lets see the 2 new lads so .Get Hendo back in the middle.

I agree, F**k it, chuck them in, Hendo is much more useful to us in midfield

BTW am I right in thinking that Virgil is the only CB we have who can normally to be relied on as regard to injuries, Matip, Joe and Fabinho all seem to have a tendency to pick up small injuries throughout a normal season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #40: Feb 12, 2021 12:29:05 pm
      I agree, f**k it, chuck them in, Hendo is much more useful to us in midfield

BTW am I right in thinking that Virgil is the only CB we have who can normally to be relied on as regard to injuries, Matip, Joe and Fabinho all seem to have a tendency to pick up small injuries throughout a normal season.

I think Joe has only been serious injuries to be fair
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41: Feb 12, 2021 12:30:07 pm

Didn't Joe miss quite a few games last season with muscle injuries etc?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #42: Feb 12, 2021 12:32:26 pm
      Why is it none of our players can play through a "little niggle", are the physios a bit over protective??

So they break down and are out even longer 😳

Great thinking Einstein!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43: Feb 12, 2021 12:35:55 pm
      So they break down and are out even longer 😳

Great thinking Einstein!

Are the Man Utd players breaking down for longer than ours, I am willing to bet at least a couple of their player play through "little niggles", either that or they are immune to injuries and fatigue this season!

BTW there wasn't need for sarcasm, it was genuine question from me, it does seem as if our medical department are overzealous OR perhaps our players are simply weaker. I don;t know but I think its an interesting question.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44: Feb 12, 2021 12:44:53 pm
      One of those centre backs will be making their debut then.

Good luck to whoever it is, but will be another gane for Hendo at the back.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #45: Feb 12, 2021 12:57:17 pm

Yeah bit of a misconception that he's injury prone when, in reality, he's been pretty damn unlucky with big injuries
      Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #46: Feb 12, 2021 01:11:29 pm

Man Utd run our medical department by the sound of it
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #47: Feb 12, 2021 01:29:14 pm
      Any idea what pace the new lads have out of interest? I like Nat but we know hes not lightining.

I don’t mate, Nat isn’t the quickest I agree, and we have yet to see Ben or Ozan, so we’re a bit up in the air as far as pace is concerned, and now the news Fabinho is out has probably fu**ed up any plans we had for the CB’s V Leicester, it’s almost certain we’ll see Hendo as one of them, Fabinho was critical to playing two new lads from a protective point of view, with Henderson in a more family role, I can’t see that happening now unless Jürgen throws caution and plays two rookies with Hendo as DM protecting, but, I can see Vardy’s eyes widen as we type ?

Like you alluded to before, it’s one step forward and three f***in back at the moment !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #48: Feb 12, 2021 01:53:32 pm

I don’t mate, Nat isn’t the quickest I agree, and we have yet to see Ben or Ozan, so we’re a bit up in the air as far as pace is concerned, and now the news Fabinho is out has probably fu**ed up any plans we had for the CB’s V Leicester, it’s almost certain we’ll see Hendo as one of them, Fabinho was critical to playing two new lads from a protective point of view, with Henderson in a more family role, I can’t see that happening now unless Jürgen throws caution and plays two rookies with Hendo as DM protecting, but, I can see Vardy’s eyes widen as we type ?

Like you alluded to before, it’s one step forward and three f***in back at the moment !

Y  N  W  A

Out of interest why would it be easier for Vardy against Kabak or Davies than against Henderson? I know both of them are new to the club but the role of a CB isn't that different from club to club is it?? I know that you need to work on keeping a line etc but surely that's as tricky for a converted midfielder as it is for an out and out CB.

I'd play Kabak and Nat in this game, Nat has played enough games now, and must know enough German that he could control that CB pairing.
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #49: Feb 12, 2021 02:07:23 pm
      Out of interest why would it be easier for Vardy against Kabak or Davies than against Henderson? I know both of them are new to the club but the role of a CB isn't that different from club to club is it?? I know that you need to work on keeping a line etc but surely that's as tricky for a converted midfielder as it is for an out and out CB.

I'd play Kabak and Nat in this game, Nat has played enough games now, and must know enough German that he could control that CB pairing.

Think he's alluding more to the situation of both CB's playing together for the first time. We all know how crucial it is for 2 CBs to have a good understanding of the other
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #50: Feb 12, 2021 02:10:29 pm
      F***ing hell absolutely no escape for us at the moment.

Hendo will be at the back I’m assuming so this is going to be an uphill task without him or Fab in the midfield.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #51: Feb 12, 2021 02:23:16 pm
      Season is a write off.

Just need to work our bollox off to finish in the top 4 now.

Not too fussed if we go out of the CL next round as we have no chance of winning it this season, and it will only district from our top 4 efforts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #52: Feb 12, 2021 02:27:52 pm
      Think he's alluding more to the situation of both CB's playing together for the first time. We all know how crucial it is for 2 CBs to have a good understanding of the other

I get that but why would a midfielder playing at CB have a better understanding of what to do that a dedicated CB?  Factor in that both new CB's have now had a full week of training with the team so whilst they may not yet be 100% integrated I'd rather give Nat and Kabak a go and release Hendo back into midfield than once again have Hendo at CB and an ineffective midfield.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #53: Feb 12, 2021 02:40:05 pm
      I get that but why would a midfielder playing at CB have a better understanding of what to do that a dedicated CB?  Factor in that both new CB's have now had a full week of training with the team so whilst they may not yet be 100% integrated I'd rather give Nat and Kabak a go and release Hendo back into midfield than once again have Hendo at CB and an ineffective midfield.

Like what have we got to lose at this stage by not starting our new CB's? Maybe they have a stinker and we lose but it's not like we're expecting to beat Leicester anyway.

Or maybe they play well and we have a functioning midfield again with Thiago free to create chances for our forwards. We won't know unless we try it!
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #54: Feb 12, 2021 03:11:10 pm

Its actually a great question about physios Heimdall. A niggle however can be anything such as muscle tears and what grade they are, ligament strains, dead legs, bruising of tissue etc. There is a duty of care legislation that physios have to abide by and they also have to listen to the needs of the patient. They also have state of the art equipment that will show most instances of injury that may have been missed years ago. So I wouldn't  say that the physio/ sports science department are being over zealous but more about taking precautions for the longevity of the players career.  In terms of players, I feel like although some of us feel players are pussies, but I also believe the game is so balanced on fine margins nowadays that if you cannot play at 100% you may not only make mistakes, not make appropriate tackles etc but also increase risk of further injury. Sorry for long post but I find this stuff really interesting.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #55: Feb 12, 2021 03:29:36 pm
      Someone mentionef the phtsio on here a couple of weeks ago. The lad we got back in from Arsenal, they had a full waiting room with injuries when he was there accoring to the poster!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #56: Feb 12, 2021 03:58:29 pm

Simple statistics mate, neither Davies or Kabak have come up against Vardy before nor I don’t think has Phillips, your choice of Nat & Ozan is fair enough but only had we had Fabinho protecting and Henderson in midfield that won’t happen now I don’t think, it just seems that we can’t catch a break in terms of our injuries , here was a opportunity  to have both Hendo & Fabinho back where they belong only for yet another injury to F**k it up !

Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #57: Feb 12, 2021 04:00:56 pm
      Why don't we let them worry about us for a change and use what great players we have to win the game, rather than worrying about a striker who may catch us out twice in the game regardless of who we play at CB.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #58: Feb 12, 2021 04:04:36 pm
      Like what have we got to lose at this stage by not starting our new CB's? Maybe they have a stinker and we lose but it's not like we're expecting to beat Leicester anyway.

Or maybe they play well and we have a functioning midfield again with Thiago free to create chances for our forwards. We won't know unless we try it!

Hope your right Baz, I’d love for us to just have a go, but, I just can’t see Jürgen being so gung ho, but you never know, we’ve had a full week’s training so it could well be that that is exactly what has been worked on ?

Y  N  W  A
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #59: Feb 12, 2021 04:05:05 pm

Did you attend the Harold shipman school of medicine?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #60: Feb 12, 2021 04:55:47 pm
      Now we are going to start second-guessing the physios with even less to go on then the second-guessing of the managers

So much expertise among us.....
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #61: Feb 12, 2021 04:56:55 pm
      Hendo and Phillips the centre backs in wins vs West Ham and Spurs. Still expect Kabak to debut.
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #62: Feb 12, 2021 06:40:48 pm
      Is Thiago out as well ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #63: Feb 12, 2021 06:57:15 pm

And Gini trained seperate from the squad also. Bare bones.com
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #64: Feb 12, 2021 07:28:14 pm
      If Jota is still up to 3 weeks away from even training, that’s a month away from playing. So March. Was it really worth sending minamino on loan? Even if klopp thinks he’s sh*te don’t we want the option? Now we just keep rolling the front 3 out every time even when they’re out of form. Or of course Divock the competition winner...
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #65: Feb 12, 2021 07:49:20 pm
      Gonna kick back off now. Sunday was a proper punch in the face wake up call.

1-2 Reds
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #66: Feb 12, 2021 09:02:58 pm
      Sounds like he may be saving his first choice midfield for the UEFA game midweek.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #67: Feb 12, 2021 09:23:14 pm
      Gone for a narrow 2-1 away victory for the Reds, here's hoping for the best !
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,012 posts | 523 
      Reply #68: Feb 12, 2021 09:34:23 pm
      No Fab is a blow. I suspect Jürgen will play Hendo at the back again next to either Nat or Kabak. I've got no clue whether Kabak or Davies should play cos I've never watched either of them. If Gini is out too it might force Jürgen to play Hendo in midfield and then we'll probably see one of them + Nat.

Tough game, tough circumstances, not least for Jürgen personally. Still think we'll win. Have a feeling it could be a high scoring, topsy turvy one.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #69: Feb 12, 2021 09:42:21 pm
      If Jota is still up to 3 weeks away from even training, that’s a month away from playing. So March. Was it really worth sending minamino on loan? Even if klopp thinks he’s sh*te don’t we want the option? Now we just keep rolling the front 3 out every time even when they’re out of form. Or of course Divock the competition winner...

Feel as though he's been a "few weeks away" now for about 3 months
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #70: Feb 12, 2021 10:24:45 pm
      Gonna be a toughie game this, all we can do is our best and hope they have a bit of an off day, I'd actually be quite happy with a draw, although I'd love a win, these are getting too big for their boots as far as I'm concerned and I'd love us to get one over on them, whoever plays, let's just give them our full support especially Jürgen at the moment.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #71: Feb 12, 2021 10:48:46 pm
      Feel as though he's been a "few weeks away" now for about 3 months

It started in December......Typical PR from the club to mask their lack of CB reinforcements

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #72: Feb 12, 2021 11:19:32 pm

I’d try Origi... proper piss boiling move 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #73: Feb 12, 2021 11:36:03 pm

And Gini trained seperate from the squad also. Bare bones.com

Get fu**ed!!!!! No way? Please tell me this is a really bad F***ing dream!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #74: Feb 12, 2021 11:43:46 pm
      Gonna be a toughie game this, all we can do is our best and hope they have a bit of an off day, I'd actually be quite happy with a draw, although I'd love a win, these are getting too big for their boots as far as I'm concerned and I'd love us to get one over on them, whoever plays, let's just give them our full support especially Jürgen at the moment.

Little extra chatter in the neighborhood lately Cas?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #75: Feb 12, 2021 11:45:18 pm
      I’d try Origi... proper piss boiling move 😂

Origi and Adrian at centre back.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #76: Feb 13, 2021 12:24:30 am
      They've had a rough patch her lately and they played an extra game this week. They lost James Justin and that b***ard who tried jumping Robbo. They're hurting right now. We get em tomorrow, 2-1
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #77: Feb 13, 2021 12:40:35 am

😂

F**k me Robby... can you image that pair trying to play out from the back.. 😳
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #78: Feb 13, 2021 08:46:03 am
      Get fu**ed!!!!! No way? Please tell me this is a really bad f**king dream!

Don't think Thiago will play any doubts will save for Tuesday
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #79: Feb 13, 2021 09:00:49 am
      Not expecting a result today, I love Klopp and this team but just feel we are still too fu**ed to get anything
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #80: Feb 13, 2021 09:34:20 am
      Last time we played a 12.30 on a Saturday....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #81: Feb 13, 2021 09:45:03 am
      AS bt are showing this and Carra is free talk is hes starting alongside Kabak
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #82: Feb 13, 2021 09:48:48 am
      AS bt are showing this and Carra is free talk is hes starting alongside Kabak

On Carra, Bri, I'm not sure if you've seen but I put a link to a pod with him on in his thread. Fantastic stuff, get on it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,205 posts | 2799 
      Reply #83: Feb 13, 2021 09:49:33 am
      On Carra, Bri, I'm not sure if you've seen but I put a link to a pod with him on in his thread. Fantastic stuff, get on it.

Will do cheers mate
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #84: Feb 13, 2021 10:03:22 am

Seen you post that too mate. Will def get on it.

New to the podcast scene myself, started listening to Crouchies when I'm out walking and I think it's brilliant.

Few times I've been walking down the road near in tears laughing. People probably thinking I'm a right div.

Any other suggestions?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #85: Feb 13, 2021 10:49:26 am
      Seen you post that too mate. Will def get on it.

New to the podcast scene myself, started listening to Crouchies when I'm out walking and I think it's brilliant.

Few times I've been walking down the road near in tears laughing. People probably thinking I'm a right div.

Any other suggestions?

I'll DM you some that I listen to in a bit mate
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #86: Feb 13, 2021 11:15:16 am
      Prepare for meltdown if Hendo and Gini are the centre backs today!

In all seriousness I expect Hendo to start in defence with Kabak or Davies.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #87: Feb 13, 2021 11:20:44 am
      Kabak starts
      Redangel

• 8,309 posts | 1004 
      Reply #88: Feb 13, 2021 11:28:25 am
      I feel this is the game that we turn things around, going for 3-1 to us. We’ve got to be positive, there’s so much negativity around everything at the minute, the lads are going to lift our spirits!
      Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #89: Feb 13, 2021 11:30:31 am
      Any other injuries yet?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #90: Feb 13, 2021 11:30:35 am