Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match: Leicester City vs Liverpool v EPL Sat Feb 13th KO: 12.30

Read 5781 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: Pre match: Leicester City vs Liverpool v EPL Sat Feb 13th KO: 12.30
      Reply #46: Feb 12, 2021 01:11:29 pm
      Why is it none of our players can play through a "little niggle", are the physios a bit over protective??

Man Utd run our medical department by the sound of it
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #47: Feb 12, 2021 01:29:14 pm
      Any idea what pace the new lads have out of interest? I like Nat but we know hes not lightining.

I don’t mate, Nat isn’t the quickest I agree, and we have yet to see Ben or Ozan, so we’re a bit up in the air as far as pace is concerned, and now the news Fabinho is out has probably fu**ed up any plans we had for the CB’s V Leicester, it’s almost certain we’ll see Hendo as one of them, Fabinho was critical to playing two new lads from a protective point of view, with Henderson in a more family role, I can’t see that happening now unless Jürgen throws caution and plays two rookies with Hendo as DM protecting, but, I can see Vardy’s eyes widen as we type ?

Like you alluded to before, it’s one step forward and three f***in back at the moment !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #48: Feb 12, 2021 01:53:32 pm

I don’t mate, Nat isn’t the quickest I agree, and we have yet to see Ben or Ozan, so we’re a bit up in the air as far as pace is concerned, and now the news Fabinho is out has probably fu**ed up any plans we had for the CB’s V Leicester, it’s almost certain we’ll see Hendo as one of them, Fabinho was critical to playing two new lads from a protective point of view, with Henderson in a more family role, I can’t see that happening now unless Jürgen throws caution and plays two rookies with Hendo as DM protecting, but, I can see Vardy’s eyes widen as we type ?

Like you alluded to before, it’s one step forward and three f***in back at the moment !

Y  N  W  A

Out of interest why would it be easier for Vardy against Kabak or Davies than against Henderson? I know both of them are new to the club but the role of a CB isn't that different from club to club is it?? I know that you need to work on keeping a line etc but surely that's as tricky for a converted midfielder as it is for an out and out CB.

I'd play Kabak and Nat in this game, Nat has played enough games now, and must know enough German that he could control that CB pairing.
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #49: Feb 12, 2021 02:07:23 pm
      Out of interest why would it be easier for Vardy against Kabak or Davies than against Henderson? I know both of them are new to the club but the role of a CB isn't that different from club to club is it?? I know that you need to work on keeping a line etc but surely that's as tricky for a converted midfielder as it is for an out and out CB.

I'd play Kabak and Nat in this game, Nat has played enough games now, and must know enough German that he could control that CB pairing.

Think he's alluding more to the situation of both CB's playing together for the first time. We all know how crucial it is for 2 CBs to have a good understanding of the other
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #50: Feb 12, 2021 02:10:29 pm
      F***ing hell absolutely no escape for us at the moment.

Hendo will be at the back I’m assuming so this is going to be an uphill task without him or Fab in the midfield.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #51: Feb 12, 2021 02:23:16 pm
      Season is a write off.

Just need to work our bollox off to finish in the top 4 now.

Not too fussed if we go out of the CL next round as we have no chance of winning it this season, and it will only district from our top 4 efforts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #52: Feb 12, 2021 02:27:52 pm
      Think he's alluding more to the situation of both CB's playing together for the first time. We all know how crucial it is for 2 CBs to have a good understanding of the other

I get that but why would a midfielder playing at CB have a better understanding of what to do that a dedicated CB?  Factor in that both new CB's have now had a full week of training with the team so whilst they may not yet be 100% integrated I'd rather give Nat and Kabak a go and release Hendo back into midfield than once again have Hendo at CB and an ineffective midfield.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #53: Feb 12, 2021 02:40:05 pm
      I get that but why would a midfielder playing at CB have a better understanding of what to do that a dedicated CB?  Factor in that both new CB's have now had a full week of training with the team so whilst they may not yet be 100% integrated I'd rather give Nat and Kabak a go and release Hendo back into midfield than once again have Hendo at CB and an ineffective midfield.

Like what have we got to lose at this stage by not starting our new CB's? Maybe they have a stinker and we lose but it's not like we're expecting to beat Leicester anyway.

Or maybe they play well and we have a functioning midfield again with Thiago free to create chances for our forwards. We won't know unless we try it!
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #54: Feb 12, 2021 03:11:10 pm

Its actually a great question about physios Heimdall. A niggle however can be anything such as muscle tears and what grade they are, ligament strains, dead legs, bruising of tissue etc. There is a duty of care legislation that physios have to abide by and they also have to listen to the needs of the patient. They also have state of the art equipment that will show most instances of injury that may have been missed years ago. So I wouldn't  say that the physio/ sports science department are being over zealous but more about taking precautions for the longevity of the players career.  In terms of players, I feel like although some of us feel players are pussies, but I also believe the game is so balanced on fine margins nowadays that if you cannot play at 100% you may not only make mistakes, not make appropriate tackles etc but also increase risk of further injury. Sorry for long post but I find this stuff really interesting.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #55: Feb 12, 2021 03:29:36 pm
      Someone mentionef the phtsio on here a couple of weeks ago. The lad we got back in from Arsenal, they had a full waiting room with injuries when he was there accoring to the poster!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #56: Feb 12, 2021 03:58:29 pm

Simple statistics mate, neither Davies or Kabak have come up against Vardy before nor I don’t think has Phillips, your choice of Nat & Ozan is fair enough but only had we had Fabinho protecting and Henderson in midfield that won’t happen now I don’t think, it just seems that we can’t catch a break in terms of our injuries , here was a opportunity  to have both Hendo & Fabinho back where they belong only for yet another injury to F**k it up !

Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #57: Feb 12, 2021 04:00:56 pm
      Why don't we let them worry about us for a change and use what great players we have to win the game, rather than worrying about a striker who may catch us out twice in the game regardless of who we play at CB.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #58: Feb 12, 2021 04:04:36 pm
      Like what have we got to lose at this stage by not starting our new CB's? Maybe they have a stinker and we lose but it's not like we're expecting to beat Leicester anyway.

Or maybe they play well and we have a functioning midfield again with Thiago free to create chances for our forwards. We won't know unless we try it!

Hope your right Baz, I’d love for us to just have a go, but, I just can’t see Jürgen being so gung ho, but you never know, we’ve had a full week’s training so it could well be that that is exactly what has been worked on ?

Y  N  W  A
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #59: Feb 12, 2021 04:05:05 pm
      Why is it none of our players can play through a "little niggle", are the physios a bit over protective??

Did you attend the Harold shipman school of medicine?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #60: Feb 12, 2021 04:55:47 pm
      Now we are going to start second-guessing the physios with even less to go on then the second-guessing of the managers

So much expertise among us.....
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #61: Feb 12, 2021 04:56:55 pm
      Hendo and Phillips the centre backs in wins vs West Ham and Spurs. Still expect Kabak to debut.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #62: Feb 12, 2021 06:40:48 pm
      Is Thiago out as well ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #63: Feb 12, 2021 06:57:15 pm

And Gini trained seperate from the squad also. Bare bones.com
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #64: Feb 12, 2021 07:28:14 pm
      If Jota is still up to 3 weeks away from even training, that’s a month away from playing. So March. Was it really worth sending minamino on loan? Even if klopp thinks he’s sh*te don’t we want the option? Now we just keep rolling the front 3 out every time even when they’re out of form. Or of course Divock the competition winner...
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #65: Feb 12, 2021 07:49:20 pm
      Gonna kick back off now. Sunday was a proper punch in the face wake up call.

1-2 Reds
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #66: Feb 12, 2021 09:02:58 pm
      Sounds like he may be saving his first choice midfield for the UEFA game midweek.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #67: Feb 12, 2021 09:23:14 pm
      Gone for a narrow 2-1 away victory for the Reds, here's hoping for the best !
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #68: Feb 12, 2021 09:34:23 pm
      No Fab is a blow. I suspect Jürgen will play Hendo at the back again next to either Nat or Kabak. I've got no clue whether Kabak or Davies should play cos I've never watched either of them. If Gini is out too it might force Jürgen to play Hendo in midfield and then we'll probably see one of them + Nat.

Tough game, tough circumstances, not least for Jürgen personally. Still think we'll win. Have a feeling it could be a high scoring, topsy turvy one.

Quick Reply