Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Have you been Vaccinated?

Yes: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      Yes: Age 60-69
      6 (15%)
      Yes: Age 50-59
      3 (7.5%)
      Yes: 49 and younger, with criteria.
      1 (2.5%)
      Yes: 49 and younger without criteria.
      0 (0%)
      No: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      No: Age 60-69
      3 (7.5%)
      No: Age 50-59
      3 (7.5%)
      No: 49 and younger.
      19 (47.5%)
      Not going to have it at present.
      5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Have you been vaccinated?

Read 3868 times
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,276 posts | 2360 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Have you been vaccinated?
      Feb 12, 2021 01:50:14 pm
      Just wondering, have you been vaccinated yet? and how old are you.

Going to try and create a poll which you can change your "vote" when you've been vaccinated.

I hope it makes sense.
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2021 01:59:35 pm by RedPuppy »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,686 posts | 2709 
      Re: Have you been vaccinated?
      Reply #1: Feb 12, 2021 01:55:51 pm

Going to try and create a poll which you can change your "vote" when you've been vaccinated.

Both my parents have, which I'm happy about, but I'm really not convinced about the point of getting vaccinated myself. As far as I can tell if you are below 50 then your survival rate is something like 99.7% anyway which is far better odds than the vaccine gives!
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,276 posts | 2360 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2: Feb 12, 2021 02:03:49 pm
      Both my parents have, which I'm happy about, but I'm really not convinced about the point of getting vaccinated myself. As far as I can tell if you are below 50 then your survival rate is something like 99.7% anyway which is far better odds than the vaccine gives!

Survival just means you don't die.

Kate Garraway's husband has survived, but I feel he will sadly not going to the shops for a while.
      I've seen what long term ICU stays can do to a body, fit health people, wouldn't wish it on anyone.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,865 posts | 964 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2021 02:04:33 pm
      Not yet. 27 y/o but T1 diabetic so presume I'll be closer to the front of the queue than most people my age. I'm quite fit & healthy though so not in a massive rush to get it. Main motivation for getting it is I want to get back to going the match / going to gigs / going on holiday and if any of these things require proof of vaccination then I want to make sure I'm good to go
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4: Feb 12, 2021 03:52:14 pm

I hope it makes sense.

Good idea. Me & Miro booked in tomorrow but mine booking bit different. I'm a little sceptical so hopefully explain more if/when I have it.  ;D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #5: Feb 12, 2021 04:22:35 pm
      Not planning on taking it, or at least not in any rush to do it. The only way i would be certain to take it is if the state wants to certain % of the population vaccinationed before opening everything up again, then i'd do my part to help the numbers.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,524 posts | 2034 
      Reply #6: Feb 12, 2021 04:54:04 pm
      I've never taken a flu vaccine before even though I've had two or three pretty bad flu's over the years but got over them after a week or so.

This covid virus though has unpredictable effects that can be potentially long lasting, so once I'm eligible to receive it I'm happy enough to be jabbed.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7: Feb 12, 2021 05:04:02 pm
      If it's anything like other countries I think it's only a matter of time before you don't have a choice but to take it.  Pretty sure you'll be stopped from going into shops, work, pubs, restaurants etc etc without some type of ID showing you've had vaccine.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,270 posts | 3447 
      Reply #8: Feb 12, 2021 05:27:21 pm
      Not yet old enough but I would have no problem taking it if it means the stop of this horrible virus and things can start to return to normal.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,575 posts | 2789 
      Reply #9: Feb 12, 2021 05:41:43 pm
      Both parents have. Mum works in a pharmacy, Dad is retired and 71.

Wife due to get first jab next week as she's a care worker.

I'm not expecting mine anytime soon.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Reply #10: Feb 13, 2021 12:35:13 am
        Pretty sure you'll be stopped from going into shops, work, pubs, restaurants etc etc without some type of ID showing you've had vaccine.

Don't be f**king ridiculous. Come on. Read what you have just written!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Reply #11: Feb 13, 2021 12:50:49 am
      I'm under 50. I've been educated as far as masters level in microbiology and have had years of experience of handling actual deadly pathogens. Don't consider myself an expert but do have some background interest.

Would I take the vaccine? I'd take one round of vaccine for the benefit of society because I realise society is bigger than just me. I'd be happier to take the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or better still wait to the Autumn.

Is the current AstraZeneca vaccine going to make any difference to my individual life? No. But if I have to and it makes other people feel better then I'll have it.

Would still rather have one of the other two though.

If I could go back 12 months and the option was to have the virus or to have the next year of shiteness I'd take the virus.

Stay safe everybody.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Reply #12: Feb 13, 2021 12:54:20 am
      Both parents have. Mum works in a pharmacy, Dad is retired and 71.

Wife due to get first jab next week as she's a care worker.

I'm not expecting mine anytime soon.

Wife's parents had theirs today just about 70. Wife's had hers due to school she works at and yeah, not expecting to get an invite anytime soon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Feb 13, 2021 05:32:15 am
      Don't be f**king ridiculous. Come on. Read what you have just written!

Far from ridiculous JD based on what's happening in Abu Dhabi. My son had to have vaccine or pay out of his own pocket for covid test every week.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,278 posts | 910 
      Reply #14: Feb 13, 2021 06:05:29 am
      My dad who is 88 ( underlying health issues) had his first dose of the Pfizer vaccine over a month ago ( no side effects thankfully.
      As for myself I’m Due to turn 54 this year and I’ve yet to be given the nod for my first Jab but  I’m prepared to wait my turn seeing that I’ve been fortunate enough  to have dodged the virus so far but I do have every intention of getting the vaccine as I want to get back to the kind of life I had before & for me the pros of having this vaccine out way The cons of not having it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15: Feb 13, 2021 06:08:14 pm
      Just had my vaccine, can't tell you the relief. Some peace of mind now. Hopefully get second jab in 3/4 weeks time. I had the AstraZeneca  one.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 25,453 posts | 1435 
      Reply #16: Feb 13, 2021 06:10:19 pm
      Having my second dose of Pfizer on Monday, missus having hers in the coming days as well.

Both sets of parents had the first dose too which is a big relief for us all.

Small steps towards normality.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #17: Feb 13, 2021 06:21:42 pm
      Far from ridiculous JD based on what's happening in Abu Dhabi. My son had to have vaccine or pay out of his own pocket for covid test every week.

UAE is not like the rest of the civilized world. They’d probably throw your son in jail if he didn’t obey.
      Isaac!
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 109 
      Reply #18: Feb 13, 2021 06:26:10 pm
      Just had my vaccine, can't tell you the relief. Some peace of mind now. Hopefully get second jab in 3/4 weeks time. I had the AstraZeneca  one.

Isn't 3 months separation between first and second dose optimal?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19: Feb 13, 2021 06:33:32 pm
      UAE is not like the rest of the civilized world. They’d probably throw your son in jail if he didn’t obey.

There's no doubting a lot stricter CT.  :D Personally though I think it's a good thing. UAE look like there doing decent  job from what My son has told me. I know it's only a small country compared to ours but they've only had 345,000 confirmed cases and 1,001 deaths.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Feb 13, 2021 06:36:45 pm
      Isn't 3 months separation between first and second dose optimal?

Officially yes but believe pending on what you do in some cases it can be 3/4 weeks. I'm more hoping than anything. I was told if I've not heard anything in 2/3 days ring them up to find out what date my second jab will be.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21: Feb 13, 2021 07:31:13 pm
      Miro you had jab yet? Any side effects?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #22: Feb 13, 2021 09:05:11 pm
      Wife's parents had theirs today just about 70. Wife's had hers due to school she works at and yeah, not expecting to get an invite anytime soon.

Mum and Dad got the call last Tuesday to get it done and had theirs Thursday.

Not expecting anything anytime soon personally, will just crack on being doing what I've been doing, even dodging the individual outbreaks in work!!
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,063 posts | 384 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #23: Feb 14, 2021 03:54:59 pm
      I am 61 have type 2 diabeties only have to take tablets but I want the vaccine as soon as I can
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #24: Feb 14, 2021 06:27:49 pm
      I won’t be getting it anytime soon. Fair enough for those that do and I’m not anti-vax but excuse me if I’m not rushing to get jabbed with a vaccine that we don’t have long term studies on and that may or may not be effective longer than 6-8 months (depending on what you read). Wife’s a scientist, worked on detection methods for biological weapons and she says there’s no way she’s getting it. Have a fair few medical friends and the majority aren’t in a rush either. Plus we all had Covid already back in July and it amounted to a cold so, I’m not real concerned right now.

Quick Reply