Trending Topics

Next match: WBA v LFC [Premier League] Sun 16th May @ 4:30 pm
      The Hawthorns

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P12 W5 D5 L2

Coronavirus Covid-19

Read 61487 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,444 posts | 996 
      Re: Re: Have you been vaccinated?
      Reply #4100: May 09, 2021 06:25:15 pm
      Oh so you’re saying there are factors like density that should be considered. Now we’re making progress. This is actually looking at the data (density) and realizing that nyc should probably be handled differently than the suburbs instead of blanket state-wide mandates.

How about demographics? Should we look at that? Do you think it will help guide us on where to focus our efforts?

I don’t believe I suggested “blanket wide state wide mandates” 🤷‍♂️

What exactly do you think you are arguing against ?
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,666 posts | 2836 
      Reply #4101: May 09, 2021 06:46:23 pm
      Lockdowns should have been in place for the vulnerable and elderly. People with underlying health issues etc.
      The virus stats show that death is much more common with those types of people.

The rest should have been able to get on with life.

With good planning the vulnerable could have been placed in lockdown with good infrastructure in place regarding food deliveries and medical appointments etc.

Vaccinations still could have been offered in due course but without the healthy and young having to sacrifice everything for a virus that doesn’t effect the majority of them.

Without restrictions on movement and meeting etc though you would have had potential for younger people with the virus passing it onto the vulnerable.

I agree now with the vaccine program I don't see how we can go back to lockdowns again as any rise on the rate should still not see the huge rise in serious illness and hospitalisation.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #4102: May 09, 2021 06:48:38 pm
      Without restrictions on movement and meeting etc though you would have had potential for younger people with the virus passing it onto the vulnerable.

I agree now with the vaccine program I don't see how we can go back to lockdowns again as any rise on the rate should still not see the huge rise in serious illness and hospitalisation.

I hope you’re right. Any future lock downs now though and it’s clear the plan hasn’t worked.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,444 posts | 996 
      Reply #4103: May 09, 2021 06:53:24 pm
      I hope you’re right. Any future lock downs now though and it’s clear the plan hasn’t worked.

The vaccines mean lockdowns won’t happen

There maybe periods of isolation for vunerable people etc but the vaccine will bring in the nation wide immunity and will be used to combat it in the future. It will become like the seasonal flu
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #4104: May 09, 2021 07:17:58 pm
      The vaccines mean lockdowns won’t happen

There maybe periods of isolation for vunerable people etc but the vaccine will bring in the nation wide immunity and will be used to combat it in the future. It will become like the seasonal flu

Again, I hope you’re right. I heard the professor say that about a week ago and he said pretty much what you said, except in the case of a variant proving difficult to vaccinate against.
      Time will tell.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,026 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4105: May 09, 2021 07:40:45 pm
      Wow this thread got pretty toxic, sounds worse than covid.  :couch:
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #4106: May 09, 2021 08:02:04 pm
      Wow this thread got pretty toxic, sounds worse than covid.  :couch:

There is no vaccination for stupidity.
      How’s your day been anyway, good sir? Another win for you.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #4107: May 09, 2021 08:13:44 pm
      For fear of going off topic I'll just make the one comment on here as don't want to join the  erm  :roll: debate.  ;D

Uncanny the amount of wins we've done this year when going a goal down. Remarkable is a understatement.

Anyway back on topic before I get abused  :lmao:

I think it’s on topic. Football is a vaccination of sorts.
      But yeah, I’ll see you in the united thread.... you know; the one we laugh at.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,026 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4108: May 09, 2021 08:16:00 pm
      I think it’s on topic. Football is a vaccination of sorts.
      But yeah, I’ll see you in the united thread.... you know; the one we laugh at.

Is that the one where you'll be a United fan for the day  :D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,845 posts | 364 
      Reply #4109: May 10, 2021 08:56:36 am
      Had a couple of lagers last night, sitting outside of my local. I presume it is ok to have a drink after covid jab, as a moderate drinker I thought it would do no harm. I have read that you should keep off alcohol, after being vaccinated, but surely a couple of drinks is ok being a moderate drinker.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,578 posts | 2197 
      Reply #4110: May 10, 2021 09:16:28 am
      Lockdowns should have been in place for the vulnerable and elderly. People with underlying health issues etc.
      The virus stats show that death is much more common with those types of people.

The rest should have been able to get on with life.

With good planning the vulnerable could have been placed in lockdown with good infrastructure in place regarding food deliveries and medical appointments etc.

Vaccinations still could have been offered in due course but without the healthy and young having to sacrifice everything for a virus that doesn’t effect the majority of them.

Yep
      L4.19Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts | 74 
      Reply #4111: May 10, 2021 09:23:18 am

You say yep like it’s an undeniable fact which it isn’t

So you really think they wanted to wreck the economy and put peoples lives on hold for nothing?

I just don’t understand that viewpoint and don’t buy into conspiracy theories on it

How would all governments across the world buy into the same lie? When they normally can’t agree what day of the week it is?

And before you make assertions about me loving furlough or whatever, I haven’t been on it, I’ve worked al the way through this
      And I get that lockdowns have been hard, I’d not seen anyone in my family for months and months, I’ve not been able to see friends or go the game or really coach football to kids like I do
      I’ve seen how tough it’s been on a lot of people, I feel for my kids who are too young to really comprehend what’s going on but have had their lives put on hold

But I don’t buy into any conspiracy theories, they are just for nutters, and I’m not arrogant enough to think I know more than the experts
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2021 09:37:07 am by L4.19Times »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,578 posts | 2197 
      Reply #4112: May 10, 2021 09:55:49 am
      You say yep like it’s an undeniable fact which it isn’t

So you really think they wanted to wreck the economy and put peoples lives on hold for nothing?

I just don’t understand that viewpoint and don’t buy into conspiracy theories on it

How would all governments across the world buy into the same lie? When they normally can’t agree what day of the week it is?

And before you make assertions about me loving furlough or whatever, I haven’t been on it, I’ve worked al the way through this
      And I get that lockdowns have been hard, I’d not seen anyone in my family for months and months, I’ve not been able to see friends or go the game or really coach football to kids like I do
      I’ve seen how tough it’s been on a lot of people, I feel for my kids who are too young to really comprehend what’s going on but have had their lives put on hold

But I don’t buy into any conspiracy theories, they are just for nutters, and I’m not arrogant enough to think I know more than the experts

I hate conspiracy theories too, I definitely don't see it that way. Track and trace funding should have been used to shield the most vulnerable. If you look at the stats, deaths at home are up significantly, additionally a significant proportion of those passing away in hospital caught the virus in hospital - it’s been managed by this government (and most of the western world) terribly. Yet you still want lockdowns due to the inept decision making and wild spending of Tory cu*ts (Labour would be no better).

I hate this whole rhetoric of ‘sick until proven healthy’. Plus, I find it absolutely embarrassing the stigma and ‘guilt’ that people like you try to put on others who are sceptical about the situation.

I’ve managed my life appropriately, I’ve made risk based decisions that have so far been absolutely fine - because I take responsibility for myself and my family - like everyone else should in the world.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 37,198 posts | 5476 
      Reply #4113: May 10, 2021 10:13:08 am
      i know you’re loving furlough and all that business

That was a very very poor shout.  You've let yourself down there.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,578 posts | 2197 
      Reply #4114: May 10, 2021 10:19:18 am
      That was a very very poor shout.  You've let yourself down there.

Thanks for letting me know
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,300 posts | 2374 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
      Reply #4115: May 10, 2021 10:41:47 am
      There have been 139 new Coronavirus cases confirmed in Sefton this past week. There have been times when there were that many new cases in the borough in a day, so numbers still relatively low. But a clear recent rise+it looks like Formby is the epicentre https://t.co/JZNn5G9z1Z
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #4116: May 10, 2021 05:17:23 pm
      Conspiracy theories. Tin foil hat. Little green men. Scoff.

The problem is that when other doctors/professors/experts are silenced for having a different opinion it gets the alarm bells ringing for a lot of people.

When the unbiased bbc only report one side of events it gets the alarm bells ringing.

Stats can be used to prop up several theories. It doesn’t mean it’s fact. The problem is that we know the government of this country is full of sh*t. Why should we trust them now when it comes to our health?

Your kids can go to school but you can’t see your mum.
      Your kids can play in the playground at school but they can’t meet at the local park.
      You can go on a crowded bus but you can’t visit your nan.
      We will spend millions of taxpayers money on nightingale hospitals but will leave them empty.
      We will cripple the economy with lockdowns and create a year long waiting list at the nhs for people with cancer or other urgent appointments.
      We will offer a vaccination that may not deal with variants of a virus that for most offers no symptoms. But even the vaccinated can’t meet with somebody else who is vaccinated unless they still wear a face mask and keep to social distance.
      Some people may suffer from bad side effects of the vaccination but thats a risk you take whenever you take any medicine.

If this is the best solution for a pandemic that this government could come up with then Wow.

It’s almost as bad as that football rule where footballers can travel on a coach together, get changed in changing rooms together... but oh my, you mustn’t celebrate together.

And I’m not familiar with conspiracy theories on it, I haven’t got time to delve into it, but when you have an official story so poorly planned and executed as this no wonder people still believe that Elvis is alive.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,554 posts | 596 
      Reply #4117: May 10, 2021 09:38:50 pm
      Eh?

They appeared in December 2020 and January 2021.

What's your source for earlier than that? Are you suggesting that governments kept them quiet for over 6 months? Even for Boris Johnson that would be some pretty major shenanigans. Bolsonaro I can believe. World's most dangerous man. They need a military coup in Brasil and then hang the f**ker. Pointless having an army if they're going to sit there and do nothing while the President wipes out his own population.

Science publications. Try nextstrain.org for a complete picture.

Many, if not most, of the key mutations emerged early/middle of last year before clustering into new variants towards the end of last year when they became the dominant strains of the virus in for ex. UK, Brazil and South Africa.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,554 posts | 596 
      Reply #4118: May 10, 2021 10:17:20 pm
      There are some embarrassing and, in my opinion, disgraceful comments in this thread.

Suggestions that social distancing wasn't actually necessary or that it would have been better to leave each 'healthy' individual to make their own choice regardless of the consequences for everyone else speaks to a mindset of such ignorance that it is difficult to imagine how those espousing such facile and delusional views would have responded if they they themselves were confronted with an overwhelmed A&E department or a team of nurses exhausted to the point of despair; how they would answer the epidemiologists modelling the spread of the virus when informed that their suggestions would actually cause case numbers to explode.

It is precisely this government's lack of action at the required time and their persistent delay in taking the necessary steps to effect social distancing despite the science that has resulted in so many more people dying and suffering needlessly.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2021 10:24:13 pm by -LFC- »
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts | 38 
      Reply #4119: May 11, 2021 06:32:20 pm
      Science publications. Try nextstrain.org for a complete picture.

Many, if not most, of the key mutations emerged early/middle of last year before clustering into new variants towards the end of last year when they became the dominant strains of the virus in for ex. UK, Brazil and South Africa.

I think I'd rather stick to the chief medical officers, and the official news outlets, ta

I don't believe people of that ilk would sit on information about dangerous new strains for 6 months and then claim in December '20 and January '21 that they'd just discovered them.

I mean they might in Brasil, as it's 'managed' by the world's most dangerous man, but it couldn't happen in the UK or Europe. Not even Boris is that corrupt.

Or am I not understanding something fundamental here?
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts | 38 
      Reply #4120: May 11, 2021 06:37:05 pm
      There are some embarrassing and, in my opinion, disgraceful comments in this thread.

Suggestions that social distancing wasn't actually necessary or that it would have been better to leave each 'healthy' individual to make their own choice regardless of the consequences for everyone else speaks to a mindset of such ignorance that it is difficult to imagine how those espousing such facile and delusional views would have responded if they they themselves were confronted with an overwhelmed A&E department or a team of nurses exhausted to the point of despair; how they would answer the epidemiologists modelling the spread of the virus when informed that their suggestions would actually cause case numbers to explode.

It is precisely this government's lack of action at the required time and their persistent delay in taking the necessary steps to effect social distancing despite the science that has resulted in so many more people dying and suffering needlessly.

Spot on

It's the "Who needs experts, I'll fly the plane to Magalluf meself, I've only had 6 pints" crew

NHS have been bloody marvels

Not that they saved the nation singlehandedly, that was Boris of course (let's conveniently forget about the 100,000+ dead on his watch)

Quick Reply