Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Have you been Vaccinated?

Yes: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      Yes: Age 60-69
      6 (15%)
      Yes: Age 50-59
      3 (7.5%)
      Yes: 49 and younger, with criteria.
      1 (2.5%)
      Yes: 49 and younger without criteria.
      0 (0%)
      No: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      No: Age 60-69
      3 (7.5%)
      No: Age 50-59
      3 (7.5%)
      No: 49 and younger.
      19 (47.5%)
      Not going to have it at present.
      5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Have you been vaccinated?

Read 3873 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,278 posts | 910 
      Re: Have you been vaccinated?
      Reply #125: Mar 15, 2021 01:36:35 pm
      Has anyone bothered to ask how long this vaccine is going to provide protection? Or if you have to get a booster every so often? My understanding is that it's not really known (which is worrisome in and of itself). Over here they are even saying that even if you get the vaccine you still need to wear a mask and social distance....if you have to continue doing that, why the hell are we getting vaccinated?
      These are some of the questions I’ll be asking when I go for mine, see if the nurses can shed any light  on what the plan is going forward.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #126: Mar 15, 2021 01:39:29 pm
      Has anyone bothered to ask how long this vaccine is going to provide protection? Or if you have to get a booster every so often? My understanding is that it's not really known (which is worrisome in and of itself). Over here they are even saying that even if you get the vaccine you still need to wear a mask and social distance....if you have to continue doing that, why the hell are we getting vaccinated?

My wife was talking to our vet about the virus/vaccine and she said to think of the virus as a "Y", with the arms being the variants but originating from the same base. She said the vaccines are made based off of the base so they should work against the variants but as it continues to mutate over time we will likely need boosters every so often.

When clowns like Biden, who is fully vaccinated, continues to go out there and keep his mask on to speak despite no one being within 10 feet of him, it sends the message to people that having it doesn't really change much which may prevent people from taking it.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #127: Mar 15, 2021 01:43:27 pm
      Florida hasn't had a mask mandate, but most places require them. It's true we've been one of the only states to be basically completely "open" and we have seen lower rates of infection and death rates than most of the states with the strictest mandates and measure in place. My kids have been in school this entire year and there have been some challenges, but overall, it's been great for them, I feel extremely blessed to live in this state because if I hadn't, I would have gone nuts.

A place like New York is a joke at this point. The media darling Cuomo should have been put on trial for basically murdering old people and he was always flaunting "how good" NY was doing compared to places like Florida...well look who he isn't ragging on anymore (not like he has the time with all of the women he's been sexually harassing). Florida has some of the best numbers when you look at infections and deaths per capita (if you don't look at per capita rates, you are being disingenuous and aren't really concerned with proper analysis of the data) and interestingly...the places in our state where they have had the most problems....are places with the strictest mask mandates (Miami and SE, Tampa and Orlando). Go figure

Yea, since private businesses can require whatever they want, i imagine they are still required in a lot of places, but FL has had a much better handle on it that most states.

That schools and youth sports are not open across the entire country is mind boggling.

And seeing Cuomo burning in his self-inflicted fire has been very rewarding. What a total dirtbag that guy is.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #128: Mar 15, 2021 01:50:05 pm
      Of course people have asked the question of how long the vaccine gives protection but we can only know that after months of monitoring, how else could they know? The reason they talk about wearing masks and social distancing going forward is it is not known how transmissible the virus is after vaccination and once again won’t know for a few months yet.
      The real concern is new variants that could maybe bypass antibodies.

The CDC has finally revised guidance and said fully vaccinated people can hang out with fully vaccinated peers without any social distancing and masking. Big step for that clown show of an organization and their "you leave your house, you die" type of guidance.

There have been some "experts" saying that nothing changes even with the vaccine, but that should not come as a surprise.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #129: Mar 15, 2021 02:24:20 pm
      Seems a reasonable step to take if both parties have been vaccinated.

Agree, and that is the type of guidance that we need if we are going to get everyone vaccinated. It's an encouragement for people to take it and give them confidence in it. Not the "even after you get your vaccine, you still need to wear a mask and social distance" or "even if your parents are vaccinated you still shouldn't see them", something Fraudci has said.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #130: Mar 15, 2021 04:51:08 pm
      Of course people have asked the question of how long the vaccine gives protection but we can only know that after months of monitoring, how else could they know? The reason they talk about wearing masks and social distancing going forward is it is not known how transmissible the virus is after vaccination and once again won’t know for a few months yet.
      The real concern is new variants that could maybe bypass antibodies.

You mention how we won't know results till after months of monitoring. That's exactly why some people are hesitant to take a vaccine that (in the US) isn't even FDA approved and its literally the fastest to market vaccine EVER. I believe Measles was 4 years, or maybe it was Smallpox...I could be wrong and I believe that was the previous quickest vaccine.

I actually find it interesting how it used to be that people were so distrustful of big Pharma.....and now they are looked at as saviors and everyone has forgotten about all of their prior concerns with how they do business.

So anyway....for me....since this virus has a 99% survival rate, I'm just going to go ahead and chill and wait things out. I don't see a need to rush to get a vaccine, especially when there are tons of questions still swirling around.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,137 posts | 914 
      Reply #131: Mar 15, 2021 05:28:27 pm
      Vaccine has been given  ;D
      UncleBob
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts | 106 
      Reply #132: Mar 15, 2021 06:39:34 pm
      You mention how we won't know results till after months of monitoring. That's exactly why some people are hesitant to take a vaccine that (in the US) isn't even FDA approved and its literally the fastest to market vaccine EVER. I believe Measles was 4 years, or maybe it was Smallpox...I could be wrong and I believe that was the previous quickest vaccine.

I actually find it interesting how it used to be that people were so distrustful of big Pharma.....and now they are looked at as saviors and everyone has forgotten about all of their prior concerns with how they do business.

So anyway....for me....since this virus has a 99% survival rate, I'm just going to go ahead and chill and wait things out. I don't see a need to rush to get a vaccine, especially when there are tons of questions still swirling around.

Well said.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,598 posts | 417 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #133: Mar 15, 2021 06:54:28 pm
      Nan, mum, brother and sister all vaccinated now, well first dose anyway, and apart from my mums arm killing for a good couple days, all good.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #134: Mar 15, 2021 06:57:36 pm
      I’m not sure which vaccine you are referring to? If a vaccine is not FDA approved then you won’t be offered it. The FDA have approved 3 vaccines. I also don’t know what you are getting at when you say it’s the fastest to market EVER? All the vaccines that have been approved throughout the world have gone through the exact process and safety procedures that all vaccines have gone through throughout history.

Sorry pal, you are misinformed. This is right from the FDA website. The vaccines are approved for emergency use basically as long as no complications arise.

On December 11, 2020, the FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. On December 18, 2020, the FDA issued an EUA for the use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. The issuance of an EUA is different than an FDA approval (licensure) of a vaccine.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #135: Mar 15, 2021 07:11:46 pm
      Yes, BUT, every health body I know including the CDC are advising wearing a mask and use social distancing if you are in the vacinity of people who haven't been vaccinated or in public settings.

Have you ever stopped to think why the mask thing has been pushed so hard? Because if you look at the numbers, there's no real proof that masks do much of anything. Just anecdotally, the places in my state with the highest infection rates are the places with the most stringent mask mandates.

The mask issue is a big deal because (like with social distancing) you can observe people doing it. It's all about perception and "everyone doing their part". Although somewhere along the line we've forgotten that I can't be held responsible for the safety of every other person on earth. That's not reasonable and it's not fair to me. People take measured risks and make decisions that may affect their health every day, and no amount of me wearing a mask will guarantee their health. Might it help? Maybe....although at this point, I'm not able to find (and I've looked) any well designed scientific studies that are measuring the effectiveness of masks for this particular virus. Most extrapolate data from other studies that have been done or they are designed in such a way that they are already biased towards the outcome of masks being helpful. I think masks are being pushed because they really don't know any other way for people to stop the spread of this other than hardcore lockdowns (like China did). I wear a mask when I'm required to, but I think it's silly and over the top to require them in certain situations (outdoors for instance). But I digress...I hope the vaccine helps curb all of this for those that are dealing with it and affected by it personally. It sucks for all involved.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #136: Mar 15, 2021 07:12:52 pm
      I would say it is you that is misinformed, the vaccines have gone through the same stringent tests as any other vaccine. Emergency use authorisation means that governments take on a chunk of liability.

Ok pal. :D You go ahead and argue with the FDA since they are the ones saying that the vaccines haven't had formal FDA approval yet.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,977 posts | 2260 
      Reply #137: Mar 17, 2021 03:43:23 pm
      Like the twilight zone in here 😳
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,946 posts | 465 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #138: Mar 17, 2021 03:56:10 pm
      Have you ever stopped to think why the mask thing has been pushed so hard? Because if you look at the numbers, there's no real proof that masks do much of anything. Just anecdotally, the places in my state with the highest infection rates are the places with the most stringent mask mandates.

The mask issue is a big deal because (like with social distancing) you can observe people doing it. It's all about perception and "everyone doing their part". Although somewhere along the line we've forgotten that I can't be held responsible for the safety of every other person on earth. That's not reasonable and it's not fair to me. People take measured risks and make decisions that may affect their health every day, and no amount of me wearing a mask will guarantee their health. Might it help? Maybe....although at this point, I'm not able to find (and I've looked) any well designed scientific studies that are measuring the effectiveness of masks for this particular virus. Most extrapolate data from other studies that have been done or they are designed in such a way that they are already biased towards the outcome of masks being helpful. I think masks are being pushed because they really don't know any other way for people to stop the spread of this other than hardcore lockdowns (like China did). I wear a mask when I'm required to, but I think it's silly and over the top to require them in certain situations (outdoors for instance). But I digress...I hope the vaccine helps curb all of this for those that are dealing with it and affected by it personally. It sucks for all involved.

Even if the mask helps stop transmission by say 5% thats fantastic. that may save 1 life or save 1 person getting very ill. Its not a difficult thing to do.

I have no issue wearing them, don't feel my rights have been infringed upon, pop to shops, stick mask on - COOL !

I will in future continue to wear a mask when on crowded trains & buses, I haven't had any bugs or illnesses this past year at all, masks and dodging public places has definitely impacted on that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,946 posts | 465 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #139: Mar 17, 2021 03:57:11 pm
      And nope I've not been vaccinated yet, think i might get mine in April seeing as I'm only 47 years young and have no underlying health issues.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #140: Mar 17, 2021 05:25:03 pm
      Even if the mask helps stop transmission by say 5% thats fantastic. that may save 1 life or save 1 person getting very ill. Its not a difficult thing to do.

I have no issue wearing them, don't feel my rights have been infringed upon, pop to shops, stick mask on - COOL !

I will in future continue to wear a mask when on crowded trains & buses, I haven't had any bugs or illnesses this past year at all, masks and dodging public places has definitely impacted on that.

I mean, where does it stop. I'm not sure if people realize but this is literally an experiment in how much people will allow their freedoms to be curtailed in the name of "safety".

I mean if we ban alcohol we will surely save lives from drunk driving and alcohol related diseases. If we ban all smoking it will save lives. If we make all of the speed limits on roads 20mph we will save innumerable lives I'd wager. That's just three things right off the top of my head that we don't "need" to do and getting rid of them would save way more lives than people wearing masks.

So beyond the question of how effective masks are, the question becomes how willing are you to completely change your way of life in the name of saving one life? I'll wear a mask right now to comply where I have to, but I don't believe for one second that there's enough evidence to show that they are where we should be focusing our efforts.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #141: Mar 17, 2021 06:00:45 pm
      I mean, where does it stop. I'm not sure if people realize but this is literally an experiment in how much people will allow their freedoms to be curtailed in the name of "safety".

I mean if we ban alcohol we will surely save lives from drunk driving and alcohol related diseases. If we ban all smoking it will save lives. If we make all of the speed limits on roads 20mph we will save innumerable lives I'd wager. That's just three things right off the top of my head that we don't "need" to do and getting rid of them would save way more lives than people wearing masks.

So beyond the question of how effective masks are, the question becomes how willing are you to completely change your way of life in the name of saving one life? I'll wear a mask right now to comply where I have to, but I don't believe for one second that there's enough evidence to show that they are where we should be focusing our efforts.

Heck, a school in Ohio is requiring staff and students to DOUBLE mask when they finally reopen at the end of the month  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,946 posts | 465 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #142: Mar 17, 2021 06:41:16 pm

:lmao: aye all right. Think your over thinking things way too much.

but here goes...

The alcohol ban in pubs was because drunk people forget the rules, and thus spread the virus more. simples.

There is a drink driving limit for a reason, so no need to to ban drink.

Personally id ban smoking completely dirty smelly habit.  :lmao:  ps. it is banned in public places here in scotland, which im fine with, apart from the fact that there is now a sub-human species that like to hang around doorways and bins smoking.  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #143: Mar 17, 2021 09:04:44 pm
      :lmao: aye all right. Think your over thinking things way too much.

but here goes...

The alcohol ban in pubs was because drunk people forget the rules, and thus spread the virus more. simples.

There is a drink driving limit for a reason, so no need to to ban drink.

Personally id ban smoking completely dirty smelly habit.  :lmao:  ps. it is banned in public places here in scotland, which im fine with, apart from the fact that there is now a sub-human species that like to hang around doorways and bins smoking.  :lmao:

I think you know what I mean, we can find all sorts of things to enforce that may save a life or two but we don’t because it would infringe on people’s personal rights to live their life in a way that makes them happy.
      Isaac!
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 109 
      Reply #144: Mar 18, 2021 06:39:13 pm
      I get the first dose next Tuesday, and booked in for a stroke on Thursday.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 196 
      Reply #145: Mar 18, 2021 07:41:20 pm
      I get the first dose next Tuesday, and booked in for a stroke on Thursday.

:laugh:
      UncleBob
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts | 106 
      Reply #146: Mar 19, 2021 06:37:40 pm

The problem with that is that by having no bugs or illnesses at all in a year your immune system isn’t enhancing. You need to catch the odd bug or two. It’s healthy to be ill now and then.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #147: Mar 20, 2021 02:54:46 pm
      You need to catch the odd bug or two. It’s healthy to be ill now and then.

Even if they kill you!!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #148: Mar 20, 2021 06:24:10 pm
      So Dishi Rishi is a shareholder in the Moderna vaccine..?🙄
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,276 posts | 2360 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #149: Mar 21, 2021 11:10:35 am
      The problem with that is that by having no bugs or illnesses at all in a year your immune system isn’t enhancing. You need to catch the odd bug or two. It’s healthy to be ill now and then.

Two things, what if you have had "bugs or illnesses", and your immune system has combated them without the conscious you being aware of the infection, and if you have ever seen, nursed, or had MRSA septicaemia for example, I don't think you'd say that it's healthy to be ill now and again.

Quick Reply