Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Have you been Vaccinated?

Yes: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      Yes: Age 60-69
      6 (15%)
      Yes: Age 50-59
      3 (7.5%)
      Yes: 49 and younger, with criteria.
      1 (2.5%)
      Yes: 49 and younger without criteria.
      0 (0%)
      No: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      No: Age 60-69
      3 (7.5%)
      No: Age 50-59
      3 (7.5%)
      No: 49 and younger.
      19 (47.5%)
      Not going to have it at present.
      5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Have you been vaccinated?

Read 3867 times
      UncleBob
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts | 106 
      Re: Have you been vaccinated?
      Reply #150: Mar 21, 2021 04:48:30 pm
      Two things, what if you have had "bugs or illnesses", and your immune system has combated them without the conscious you being aware of the infection, and if you have ever seen, nursed, or had MRSA septicaemia for example, I don't think you'd say that it's healthy to be ill now and again.

I’m not talking about catching aids or cholera. I’m talking about general illnesses such as colds and flu and the odd cough or two.
      It’s normal and good for the immune system to get these a couple of times a year. It’s how the immune system evolves.
      I remember seeing an experiment years ago on mice and other mice that had been raised in a ‘germ free’ environment and the mice that were never introduced to germs got a lot more serious illnesses/conditions  than the regular mice.

Trust nature. It knows what it’s doing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Reply #151: Mar 23, 2021 08:04:18 am
      It’s normal and good for the immune system to get these a couple of times a year.

Every time the kids have all restarted in school, last June, September and now within the last two weeks, I've had a typical rhinovirus cold - sore throat for a couple of days and then the 'cold'.  And according to research, it's probably helped continue to keep downward pressure on covid.

The virus that causes the common cold can effectively boot the Covid virus out of the body's cells, say researchers.

Some viruses are known to compete in order to be the one that causes an infection.

And University of Glasgow scientists say it appears cold-causing rhinovirus trumps coronavirus.

The benefits might be short-lived but rhinovirus is so widespread, they add, it could still help to suppress Covid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56483445
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #152: Apr 10, 2021 07:17:02 pm
      Just had my second vaccine  :) hopefully that's me sorted for the foreseeable future. Isn't it 3 weeks after second jab they say it has the full effect?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 196 
      Reply #153: Apr 10, 2021 07:35:47 pm
      Just had my second vaccine  :) hopefully that's me sorted for the foreseeable future. Isn't it 3 weeks after second jab they say it has the full effect?

Great stuff Keith. Let's hope to get that society thing open soon and you and all of us can soon enjoy life once again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #154: Apr 10, 2021 07:55:42 pm
      Brilliant mate, Utd need all the fans they can get  ;D yeah I think 3 weeks but it’s still not 100% so watch you’re back.

Oh I'll still watch my back.  :lmao: I won't change my routine re shops/ going out etc and will still follow the guidelines. Least after 3 weeks gives me more confidence knowing if I do catch it less chance of going into hospital and hopefully not suffering as much.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,278 posts | 910 
      Reply #155: Apr 10, 2021 11:05:00 pm
      Excellent stuff Keith,as you say it’s the  peace of mind it gives you ,my dad had his second jab today & we are glad of that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #156: Apr 11, 2021 08:26:19 am
      Excellent stuff Keith,as you say it’s the  peace of mind it gives you ,my dad had his second jab today & we are glad of that.

Peace of mind everything Jim and certainly a heavy weight of my shoulders. I won't  be taking my foot off the pedal  though. There's still many vulnerable  so will continue social distance/ wearing gloves/ cleaning hands/ washing goods from shopping etc etc.

Paranoia shows no bounds.  ;D.

I remember a saying from the olden days!! "Be smart be safe  :D can't remember the advert though  :lmao: :lmao:
      Jimsouse67

• 6,278 posts | 910 
      Reply #157: Apr 12, 2021 06:52:21 pm
      Peace of mind everything Jim and certainly a heavy weight of my shoulders. I won't  be taking my foot off the pedal  though. There's still many vulnerable  so will continue social distance/ wearing gloves/ cleaning hands/ washing goods from shopping etc etc.

Paranoia shows no bounds.  ;D.

I remember a saying from the olden days!! "Be smart be safe  :D can't remember the advert though  :lmao: :lmao:
      I’m a lot more weary than I’ve ever been Keith
      So nothing wrong with staying on the right side of caution mate,hand washing is nothing new to me or my siblings comes from my mam & dad drumming it into us as kids ;D .
      Be smart be safe is from the green cross code ads from the 70’s ,if I remember correctly the late Alvin stardust & keegan used to do them
      And I still stop & look left & right before crossing the road & I’m 54 in a few months.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #158: Apr 12, 2021 07:49:33 pm
      I’m a lot more weary than I’ve ever been Keith
      So nothing wrong with staying on the right side of caution mate,hand washing is nothing new to me or my siblings comes from my mam & dad drumming it into us as kids ;D .
      Be smart be safe is from the green cross code ads from the 70’s ,if I remember correctly the late Alvin stardust & keegan used to do them
      And I still stop & look left & right before crossing the road & I’m 54 in a few months.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Your parents good judges then.  :)

Bloody Green Cross Code, that's it.  :lmao:

Once again no side effects with the AZ so chuffed to bits. Have you had both jabs yet?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #159: Apr 13, 2021 05:51:19 pm
      US pauses J&J vaccine because 6 people out of almost 7M developed blood clots. Unreal. 
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2021 06:03:57 pm by CT_LFC »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 196 
      Reply #160: Apr 13, 2021 06:09:52 pm
      US pauses J&J vaccine because 6 people out of almost 7M developed blood clots. Unreal.

Good god, surely not?! Taking paracetamol is more harmful than that! F**k em.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #161: Apr 13, 2021 06:16:38 pm

How many would get blood clots regardless of having vaccine in 7 millions anyway? Usual scare mongering in social media
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #162: Apr 13, 2021 06:20:52 pm
      How many would get blood clots regardless of having vaccine in 7 millions anyway? Usual scare mongering in social media

It's incredible the amount of panic the media drives.

Is the AZ back being administered in Europe? I remember it also being paused  due to same issue of rare blood clots.
      Jimsouse67

• 6,278 posts | 910 
      Reply #163: Apr 13, 2021 06:41:28 pm
      Your parents good judges then.  :)

Bloody Green Cross Code, that's it.  :lmao:

Once again no side effects with the AZ so chuffed to bits. Have you had both jabs yet?
      Cleanliness next to godliness my mam used to say even though I’m atheist 😀. Had my first jab a month  ago Keith ( AZ)
      No side effects as such except that I felt a bit fatigued a few hrs after it but after a good nights kip I was sound the next day.
      The nurse said ‘we’ll see you  in 12 weeks’ we are doing really we’ll getting the numbers done  in Liverpool so I’m optimistic I’ll be getting called  for my second jab before the 12 weeks.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #164: Apr 13, 2021 07:50:55 pm
      It's incredible the amount of panic the media drives.

Is the AZ back being administered in Europe? I remember it also being paused  due to same issue of rare blood clots.

I had my second AZ jab on Saturday, no side effects from either jab.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #165: Apr 13, 2021 07:53:45 pm
      Cleanliness next to godliness my mam used to say even though I’m atheist 😀. Had my first jab a month  ago Keith ( AZ)
      No side effects as such except that I felt a bit fatigued a few hrs after it but after a good nights kip I was sound the next day.
      The nurse said ‘we’ll see you  in 12 weeks’ we are doing really we’ll getting the numbers done  in Liverpool so I’m optimistic I’ll be getting called  for my second jab before the 12 weeks.

Bit like me then as I clean everything that comes into the house which includes food.  ;D  I was lucky didn't have to wait 12 weeks. Without going into detail I got what you call a walk in.  :)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,275 posts | 2514 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #166: Apr 13, 2021 09:04:07 pm
      Good god, surely not?! Taking paracetamol is more harmful than that! F**k em.

When you consider the horrendous numbers of people addicted to prescribed medication in the states as well
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #167: Apr 14, 2021 01:17:19 am

How many that died of Covid would have died last year anyway (of other causes).

Hint.....a sh*t ton.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,563 posts | 1181 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #168: Apr 14, 2021 07:31:47 am
      How many that died of Covid would have died last year anyway (of other causes).

Hint.....a sh*t ton.

That's very true, I know a few  in my area (( and one very close friend ) that past away  had  covid put on their death certificates but family disagreed.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #169: Apr 14, 2021 11:07:15 am
      I’m pretty sure that anyone one who lost a family member due to blood clotting from a COVID vaccine wouldn’t dismiss it as 6 in 7 million...

These vaccines have been rushed out & we don’t know the long term affects it’ll have on our immune systems & general health..
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 25,453 posts | 1435 
      Reply #170: Apr 14, 2021 11:31:26 am
      I’m pretty sure that anyone one who lost a family member due to blood clotting from a COVID vaccine wouldn’t dismiss it as 6 in 7 million...

These vaccines have been rushed out & we don’t know the long term affects it’ll have on our immune systems & general health..

They wouldn't dismiss it but as harsh as it sounds the facts remain that it is an incredibly low risk.

The storm created by this, driven by the media and also social platforms is setting a very dangerous precedent for the future. The reality is the risk of a blood clot from the vaccine is incredibly low - young women that take the combined contraceptive pill expose themselves to a far higher risk. Pregnant women have a much higher risk of a clot compared to the those that get the vaccine. If you decide to fly on a plane you're exposing yourself to a much higher risk. People of course need to weight up their own personal risks and benefits to taking it but if you're going to be happy to get on a plane in a few months to go on holiday then you shouldn't be that concerned about the vaccine.

Like I said personal choice of course but what I don't like about this we are now suddenly tearing up the rules and expectations of medicine and science. Nothing in medicine has ever, ever been risk free and in fact nothing will ever be risk free in the future. The paracetamol tablets you take when you get a headache, the antibiotics you take for an infection or even the blood test you have when you're unwell carry risk just as the vaccine does. The flu vaccine gets tweaked every single year depending on what strains came before in Australia and that never seemed to be an issue.

We have to be realistic with our expectations for medicine and if we're going to get hysterical about this current situation then I fear for what's to come.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #171: Apr 14, 2021 01:52:43 pm
      They wouldn't dismiss it but as harsh as it sounds the facts remain that it is an incredibly low risk.

Like say less than 1%?

Or the approximate death rate for those (over 65) that contract Covid?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #172: Apr 14, 2021 02:21:33 pm
      Next we will be vaccinated against climate change bought on by removing Beef & Sheep farming from the world, only to be fed artificial meat substitutes & GM products..

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #173: Apr 14, 2021 02:30:31 pm
      Next we will be vaccinated against climate change bought on by removing Beef & Sheep farming from the world, only to be fed artificial meat substitutes & GM products..

Soylent Green
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #174: Apr 14, 2021 02:37:09 pm

We had horse meat find it’s way into the food chain & im sure Soylent Green will too, well the real ingredient..

Quick Reply