Trending Topics

Next match: Norwich v LFC [Premier League] Sat 14th Aug @ 3:00 pm
      Carrow Road

Today is the 19th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Have you been Vaccinated?

Yes: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      Yes: Age 60-69
      6 (12.5%)
      Yes: Age 50-59
      5 (10.4%)
      Yes: 49 and younger, with criteria.
      2 (4.2%)
      Yes: 49 and younger without criteria.
      2 (4.2%)
      No: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      No: Age 60-69
      3 (6.3%)
      No: Age 50-59
      3 (6.3%)
      No: 49 and younger.
      22 (45.8%)
      Not going to have it at present.
      5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Have you been vaccinated?

Read 9142 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 3519 
      Re: Have you been vaccinated?
      Reply #200: May 06, 2021 11:22:37 pm
      Are you a scientist?

Im sick to death of this variant nonsense. Show me evidence of any variant evading a vaccine response?!

Let’s just f**king open up and get on with it. Life will never be 0 Covid, it’s here to stay. If you’re not comfortable doing something then stay home, you’re responsible for your own health.

Vaccines are working, stop the scaremongering sh*te.

Real world evidence from India that the variant over there is infecting people already vaccinated.

Not sure though of the timing of their vaccination ie had they had enough time for the immune system to kick into gear.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,821 posts | 2253 
      Reply #201: May 06, 2021 11:24:44 pm
      Real world evidence from India that the variant over there is infecting people already vaccinated.

Not sure though of the timing of their vaccination ie had they had enough time for the immune system to kick into gear.

Okay, worse case scenario and you’re right - what should we do? Go full lockdown again?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 3519 
      Reply #202: May 06, 2021 11:31:15 pm
      Okay, worse case scenario and you’re right - what should we do? Go full lockdown again?

Of course not we just need to make sure the virus does not get out of control, the more virus there is around the higher the likelihood it will mutate.

The vaccine programme is working as shown here and Israel but what India highlights is the importance of making sure we keep on top of it.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,821 posts | 2253 
      Reply #203: May 06, 2021 11:39:28 pm
      Of course not we just need to make sure the virus does not get out of control, the more virus there is around the higher the likelihood it will mutate.

The vaccine programme is working as shown here and Israel but what India highlights is the importance of making sure we keep on top of it.

Keep on top of it - you mean continue restrictions on our lives and restrict businesses operating properly?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,636 posts | 635 
      Reply #204: May 06, 2021 11:40:14 pm
      Are you a scientist?

Im sick to death of this variant nonsense. Show me evidence of any variant evading a vaccine response?!

Let’s just f**king open up and get on with it. Life will never be 0 Covid, it’s here to stay. If you’re not comfortable doing something then stay home, you’re responsible for your own health.

Vaccines are working, stop the scaremongering sh*te.

Must you be a professional footballer to comment on Liverpool Football Club?

It isn’t scaremongering to point out the obvious fact that viruses mutate and that some of these mutations result in reduced susceptibility to vaccines, as indeed has been shown with the South African and Brazilian variants.

This doesn’t mean vaccines ‘don’t work’ because they have been shown to be effective in all settings at reducing severe illness and death but it does mean you have to be a bit more nuanced in your approach than simply saying ‘f**k this, open sesame’ because it means more people are able to transmit the virus and greater transmission leads to more opportunities for the virus to mutate still further.

It means vaccines have to be constantly updated, uptake and coverage have to remain high and sensible precautions need to be taken in order to prevent new strains from being imported, particularly when the virus is raging in other parts of the world.
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,872 posts | 596 
      Reply #205: May 07, 2021 12:11:04 pm
      Got the AZ this morning.

Never felt a thing and hopefully that continues.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,547 posts | 3972 
      Reply #206: May 07, 2021 12:21:49 pm
      If your a fit & healthy person & don’t require a jab then why are they trying to force it upon you, Government & Big Pharma having taken control of all aspects of our lives..

No jab no passport to anywhere..

On another note, I’ve had swelling on both my knees for almost 8 months, I’m pretty fit & active, I run & take long walks so couldn’t understand why my knees where fu**ed.. so I looked at what I changed in my diet or lifestyle & it turns out my issues started when I started to take Wellman nutrient tablets one a day..

I stopped taking them 4 weeks ago, my knees are back the way they were before, no swelling or joint pain...

Pills don’t make you better...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,242 posts | 1286 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #207: May 07, 2021 12:41:43 pm

On another note, I’ve had swelling on both my knees for almost 8 months, I’m pretty fit & active, I run & take long walks so couldn’t understand why my knees where fu**ed.. so I looked at what I changed in my diet or lifestyle & it turns out my issues started when I started to take Wellman nutrient tablets one a day..

I stopped taking them 4 weeks ago, my knees are back the way they were before, no swelling or joint pain...

Pills don’t make you better...

Sorry to digress off covid but very interesting what you say Shabs. I too have knee problems and wear Rymora knee protectors when I play golf. Any help/thoughts for me?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,547 posts | 3972 
      Reply #208: May 07, 2021 12:50:53 pm
      Sorry to digress off covid but very interesting what you say Shabs. I too have knee problems and wear Rymora knee protectors when I play golf. Any help/thoughts for me?

Don’t use drugs..😂

Not sure Keith, no doctor but I only know what’s right & works for my body...I’m using fresh Tumeric, Ginger, Lemon & Black Pepper put through the juicer for shots every morning with a large tea spoon of Nigella Sativa oil & Manuka Honey...

I take the above on a empty stomach first thing...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,242 posts | 1286 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #209: May 07, 2021 12:57:19 pm

Not sure Keith, no doctor but I only know what’s right & works for my body...I’m using fresh Tumeric, Ginger, Lemon & Black Pepper put through the juicer for shots every morning with a large tea spoon of Nigella Sativa oil & Manuka Honey...

I take the above on a empty stomach first thing...

F**kin hell  that's a mouth full or two.  :lmao: You get all the ingredients from local shop / supermarket ? I need to try something
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,547 posts | 3972 
      Reply #210: May 07, 2021 01:11:38 pm
      F**kin hell  that's a mouth full or two.  :lmao: You get all the ingredients from local shop / supermarket ? I need to try something

Tumeric which is the yellow stuff they put in Curries, you’ll pick it up along with the Ginger & your local Asian supermarkets along with the Black Seed oil (Nigella Sativa)..

So Tumeric, Ginger, Lemon & Gala apples through the juicer, sprinkle some black pepper ( helps absorb the nutrients) in your shot glass & enjoy... make plenty of it & stick it in the fridge for every morning...

Manukau honey & the black seed oil can be taken before or after the shot...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,356 posts | 1902 
      Reply #211: May 07, 2021 01:28:24 pm
      Just about to turn 30 so wasn't expecting mine for a while but got the message yesterday to book for next Thursday. Must be ahead of schedule in Warrington.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,242 posts | 1286 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #212: May 07, 2021 02:17:12 pm
      Tumeric which is the yellow stuff they put in Curries, you’ll pick it up along with the Ginger & your local Asian supermarkets along with the Black Seed oil (Nigella Sativa)..

So Tumeric, Ginger, Lemon & Gala apples through the juicer, sprinkle some black pepper ( helps absorb the nutrients) in your shot glass & enjoy... make plenty of it & stick it in the fridge for every morning...

Manukau honey & the black seed oil can be taken before or after the shot...

I'm going to try the tablet form with Turmeric first. Lot of hassle doing what your doing, fair play to you.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,547 posts | 3972 
      Reply #213: May 07, 2021 02:43:02 pm
      I'm going to try the tablet form with Turmeric first. Lot of hassle doing what your doing, fair play to you.

It’s easy you lazy f**ker...😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,242 posts | 1286 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #214: May 07, 2021 02:56:12 pm
      It’s easy you lazy f**ker...😂

Easier just to take a tablet.  :lmao: Going to Holland & Barret on Monday.  ;D
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,547 posts | 3972 
      Reply #215: May 07, 2021 03:09:45 pm
      Easier just to take a tablet.  :lmao: Going to Holland & Barret on Monday.  ;D

Not as effective but give it a go...
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 71 
      Reply #216: May 07, 2021 05:15:02 pm

If you take turmeric for dodgy knees...

you'll still have dodgy knees but you'll turn yellow
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,228 posts | 129 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #217: May 07, 2021 05:17:50 pm
      Hoping by the end of the month my age group  (35-40) will be eligible for it.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,848 posts | 787 
      Reply #218: May 07, 2021 05:28:13 pm
      I think the only thing that will f*ck up the progress we’ve made now will be new variants capable of escaping the vaccine coming in and taking root.

For as long there are exploding case numbers in other parts of the world the virus will always be out there brewing with the potential to mutate into something more dangerous than has hitherto been the case.

You'd fit right in as a govt official.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 467 posts | 137 
      Reply #219: May 07, 2021 05:29:48 pm

Yeah let’s just not do anything and we can all be the same as India within months
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,242 posts | 1286 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #220: May 07, 2021 05:31:33 pm
      If you take turmeric for dodgy knees...

you'll still have dodgy knees but you'll turn yellow

You trying to put sh!tters up me.  :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,636 posts | 635 
      Reply #221: May 07, 2021 05:48:58 pm

🔔 
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 71 
      Reply #222: May 07, 2021 07:46:36 pm
      For as long there are exploding case numbers in other parts of the world the virus will always be out there brewing with the potential to mutate into something more dangerous than has hitherto been the case.

Yep and I think Joe Biden agrees with you and despite all the 'experts' who have come out and said Zero Covid is impossible, Biden has listened to other 'experts' who say it can be achieved, and he's effectively decided to push for it by trying to get vaccine patents waived. There's a lot to fall into place but even if you don't achieve it, you surely suppress it to a very low level. If you don't try, you don't get.

On a related note, I noticed a while back that the 3 countries that had produced more worrying mutations (at the time) - the UK, Brasil and South Africa - were the exact same 3 countries that Astra Zeneca did their vaccine testing in.

Now that's either an incredible coincidence, or perhaps there is the possibility that the AZ vaccine somehow provokes the virus into mutating. The virus sees the AZ vaccine and tries to find a way round it, and it makes it more dangerous.

AZ are also the supplier to the Serum Institute in India, a country which is now experiencing its own serious mutation issue.

It does seem a massive coincidence that the more serious mutations initially arose in the exact same 3 countries where AZ did their testing (UK, Brasil ,South Africa). I can't remember how many countries there are but let's say there are 200. Without being arsed to show my workings the odds of drawing these exact 3 countries out of a pot of 200 countries is about 1,320,000 to 1 (I think). You'd be happy with those odds in the bookies if you stuck a tenner on the winning horses.

I'm not suggesting the AZ is unsafe (though it clearly has some safety issues with clotting that you'd have to be very unlucky to fall victim to). But I don't believe in 1,320,000 to 1 coincidences. It does seem like there is the possibility that AZ provokes the virus to mutate in a way that the mRNA-method vaccines don't. If that were proven, then the AZ vaccine and those using the same methodology (Johnson & Johnson?) may need removing from circulation and everyone use the mRNA-method vaccines instead (once the global capacity to manufacture mRNA-method vaccines was in place, and patents possibly fully or partially waived etc).

I emailed all this to a professor of immunology and got no reply, so it's either a bullshit theory, or he didn't even bother reading "the email that could have saved the world" (oh what a plot twist, imagine the abuse he'll get on social media when people find out)  :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,636 posts | 635 
      Reply #223: May 08, 2021 12:20:29 am
      Doubt that’s the case. The most significant mutations appeared in spring and summer of 2020 in multiple countries, before phase three trials began, although many of those mutations didn’t develop into larger clusters.

The small risk that there is of immunologically selecting for mutant variants arises really only when there is too much of a delay between the 1st and 2nd doses where the virus has the opportunity to escape the immune response. 

Where you do get a functional mutation, vaccines still elicit a broad immune response so while they become be less effective over time, for the most part they still do the job. That’s why it’s all about keeping uptake high, ensuring there is a diverse range of vaccines and altering their composition as the virus evolves.
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,872 posts | 596 
      Reply #224: May 08, 2021 07:33:55 am
      Woke up with a bit of a sore head and muscle pain this morning.

Not enough to completely floor me thankfully. Hope it stays that way.

Quick Reply