Trending Topics

Next match: WBA v LFC [Premier League] Sun 16th May @ 4:30 pm
      The Hawthorns

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P12 W5 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Have you been Vaccinated?

Yes: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      Yes: Age 60-69
      6 (13.3%)
      Yes: Age 50-59
      4 (8.9%)
      Yes: 49 and younger, with criteria.
      1 (2.2%)
      Yes: 49 and younger without criteria.
      1 (2.2%)
      No: Age 70+
      0 (0%)
      No: Age 60-69
      3 (6.7%)
      No: Age 50-59
      3 (6.7%)
      No: 49 and younger.
      22 (48.9%)
      Not going to have it at present.
      5 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Have you been vaccinated?

Read 5914 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,027 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Have you been vaccinated?
      Reply #25: Feb 15, 2021 06:07:27 pm
      Had my vaccine on Saturday (AZ) and no side effects at all.  Anyone else the same? If side effects what did you have?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,745 posts | 4213 
      Reply #26: Feb 15, 2021 06:30:10 pm
      Had my vaccine on Saturday (AZ) and no side effects at all.  Anyone else the same? If side effects what did you have?

My sister in law was dreadfully sick for two days after getting hers.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,027 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Feb 15, 2021 06:38:15 pm
      My sister in law was dreadfully sick for two days after getting hers.

Sorry to hear that. My mate had dizzy spells and headaches for around 12 hours.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,027 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #28: Feb 15, 2021 08:18:43 pm
      Mother in law got the shakes, you know feeling cold about 8 hours after the jab lasted about half an hour, Father in law splitting headache, both had the AstraZeneca. Both ok today.

They told me I might experience those symptoms but turns out very lucky in my case. Glad  both are  now ok.  :)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,845 posts | 364 
      Reply #29: Feb 15, 2021 11:17:15 pm
      Booked in to have vaccine on Thursday, don't mind admitting feeling more than a touch apprehensive on the whole !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,027 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #30: Feb 15, 2021 11:31:43 pm
      Booked in to have vaccine on Thursday, don't mind admitting feeling more than a touch apprehensive on the whole !

I was too David.  ;D However, to make a comparison the flu jab was more painful if that makes sense.  :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,977 posts | 3118 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #31: Feb 17, 2021 04:05:08 am
      Miro you had jab yet? Any side effects?

Hi Keith.

Same day as you .. last Saturday 13th February.

Astra Zeneca Oxford which was my preferred choice than the mRNA ones.

Only side effect is sore arm otherwise all good.

I asked about getting the second at 21 days and the medical centre undertaking the vaccinations asked me to contact my Oncologist this week.
      If she says that she would appreciate it being done within the intended time 21 day time frame ...then they said yes they would do it.

As mentioned in previous posts my immunotherapy treatment was administered strictly every 21 days come rain come shine for two years.
      This allows the blood cell count to recover back to norms before follow up treatment again.

The modus operandi of the AZ vaccine and Pembrolizumab immunotherapy is similar.

Think that most people need to realise that any degree of reasonable immunity is going to kick in about 3 to 4 weeks after their second jab when whenever they have it.

Really hope all this headline stuff of positivity about the vaccine mega numbers being achieved, doesn't back fire in that the efficacy is found wanting by way of undue delay between jab 1 and a much later jab 2.
      That ... we just don't know.
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2021 04:33:30 am by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,977 posts | 3118 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #32: Feb 17, 2021 04:17:14 am

Its a doddle.

I've felt like a pin cushion over the last few years what with blood tests, injections ,drips , cannulas  etc . 
      Literally hundreds of them.

Have to say only problems ever had was once in Toulouse in 2005 when they did an arterial blood test right into the wrist .
      The second was in 2010/11  also in France when they did the nationwide vaccination against H2N1.
      Size of those b***ard needles!
      My boy then about 10 got a phobia afterwards from his badly done by nurse which caused major problems ongoing with simple immunisations.

If you or any family member ever have the wobbles you can ask for a child's needle or a butterfly needle.
      You can always stick an EMLA patch (Lidocaine) on an hour before .
      That can help.

As many have said .... with the AZ vaccine didn't feel anything.

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2021 04:35:25 am by MIRO »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,027 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33: Feb 17, 2021 07:39:28 am
      Its a doddle.

If you or any family member ever have the wobbles you can ask for a child's needle or a butterfly needle.
      You can always stick an EMLA patch (Lidocaine) on an hour before .
      That can help.

As many have said .... with the AZ vaccine didn't feel anything.

Had the Elma cream many times.  :couch: I've always been a pussy  with needles  :lmao:  I too had AZ with no side effects fortunately.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,977 posts | 3118 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #34: Feb 17, 2021 03:59:35 pm
      Had the Elma cream many times.  :couch: I've always been a pussy  with needles  :lmao: 

I too had AZ with no side effects fortunately.

Well done Keith.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 222 
      Reply #35: Feb 17, 2021 09:23:49 pm
      Had the Elma cream many times.  :couch: I've always been a pussy  with needles  :lmao:  I too had AZ with no side effects fortunately.

My sister, who's a nurse, got the AZ jab as well. Only a sore arm. I wonder what causes some people to react and others not to. Previous exposure to the virus perhaps?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,027 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #36: Feb 17, 2021 10:04:21 pm
      My sister, who's a nurse, got the AZ jab as well. Only a sore arm. I wonder what causes some people to react and others not to. Previous exposure to the virus perhaps?

I really don't know but would be surprised if previous exposed would be the case, espically when I'm that paranoid I go over board with cleaning/washing hands eye etc anyway.  ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,419 posts | 3489 
      Reply #37: Feb 17, 2021 10:22:53 pm

Data so far would suggest that there is more side effects with the mRNA vaccines which is no surprise as they provoke a much stronger immune response - hence why their slightly better efficacy results.

Probably comes down to how much of a immune response is provoked.

Old story of no pain no gain 😁

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,845 posts | 364 
      Reply #38: Feb 18, 2021 01:16:05 pm
      Had my jab over an hour ago (AZ) hardly felt anything ! I was allowed to leave straight away, walked home, about a mile. Had bacon sandwich and nice cup of tea for dinner, so far so good !

I must say all the staff very nice.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #39: Feb 19, 2021 02:24:21 pm
      I won’t be getting it done.
      Like others have mentioned I will probably wait a few years or more and see what effects become known.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,585 posts | 2062 
      Reply #40: Feb 19, 2021 02:26:35 pm
      Like others have mentioned I will probably wait a few years or more and see what effects become known.

Good luck travelling abroad for a few years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,027 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #41: Feb 19, 2021 02:53:15 pm

Baz is right Bob. There's going to become a time when it might be very difficult to fly to many places unless you have had the vaccine. The Goverment probably won't make it compulsory but can certainly make it very awkward for you.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,198 posts | 5476 
      Reply #42: Feb 19, 2021 03:38:14 pm

Thing I don't get though is that the vaccine isn't some kind of immunity guarantee.  It won't work in everyone, it won't eliminate transmission 100% and how long does it produce a response for.

In fact, if anything people vaccinated are going to be more likely to help spread the vaccine-busting variants.  If there are any variants right now that can dodge this initial vaccine (which I doubt) then in a fully open society they will find the most vulnerable pretty rapidly.

In a world of full vaccination there is obviously going to be a much reduced death rate, but that death rate and severe disease will still be concentrated in the elderly section of the population like influenza is.

If people are genuinely serious about some kind of immunity passports then you should maybe have regular blood tests to prove you have circulating antibodies, not just had a vaccine x number of months ago?

It's a complete nonstarter.  I'm happy to go for a vaccine at some point but I won't be arsed getting a little vaccine passport.  I'll just swerve those businesses that insist on it and take my money elsewhere.  There's always another option.

Mandatory vaccine passports will do more economic damage to hospitality and the retail industry.  I bet Amazon etc are really in favour of them!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,198 posts | 5476 
      Reply #43: Feb 19, 2021 03:41:02 pm
      I was allowed to leave straight away, walked home, about a mile.

My wife had to stick around for about 15 minutes in case she had a reaction to the vaccine.  Maybe they've done enough of them now that they have changed that advice.

Happy V-day!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,027 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44: Feb 19, 2021 03:58:29 pm
      My wife had to stick around for about 15 minutes in case she had a reaction to the vaccine.  Maybe they've done enough of them now that they have changed that advice.

Happy V-day!

Yeah this confuses me some what. I've read ( in this country ) that you have to wait the 15 mins too. However, they never asked me last Saturday. I was back in car two mins after vaccine and just drove away.   ???
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #45: Feb 19, 2021 04:23:35 pm

I don’t plan to. I have two young kids so we are only planning on doing UK trips anyway.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #46: Feb 19, 2021 04:24:52 pm
      Baz is right Bob. There's going to become a time when it might be very difficult to fly to many places unless you have had the vaccine. The Goverment probably won't make it compulsory but can certainly make it very awkward for you.

Genuinely would rather wait and see and miss out on a few years travel then be a guinea pig.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 710 posts | 126 
      Reply #47: Feb 19, 2021 04:26:02 pm
      Thing I don't get though is that the vaccine isn't some kind of immunity guarantee.  It won't work in everyone, it won't eliminate transmission 100% and how long does it produce a response for.

In fact, if anything people vaccinated are going to be more likely to help spread the vaccine-busting variants.  If there are any variants right now that can dodge this initial vaccine (which I doubt) then in a fully open society they will find the most vulnerable pretty rapidly.

In a world of full vaccination there is obviously going to be a much reduced death rate, but that death rate and severe disease will still be concentrated in the elderly section of the population like influenza is.

If people are genuinely serious about some kind of immunity passports then you should maybe have regular blood tests to prove you have circulating antibodies, not just had a vaccine x number of months ago?

It's a complete nonstarter.  I'm happy to go for a vaccine at some point but I won't be arsed getting a little vaccine passport.  I'll just swerve those businesses that insist on it and take my money elsewhere.  There's always another option.

Mandatory vaccine passports will do more economic damage to hospitality and the retail industry.  I bet Amazon etc are really in favour of them!

Exactly. Well said.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,027 posts | 1250 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #48: Feb 19, 2021 04:28:36 pm
      Genuinely would rather wait and see and miss out on a few years travel then be a guinea pig.

Fair comment Bob, each to their own thing.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,666 posts | 2836 
      Reply #49: Feb 19, 2021 04:32:27 pm

Happy V-day!

Same for my wife yesterday. Arm has swollen up a bit where the jab went in but otherwise no obvious side effects.

Quick Reply