Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      29 (45.3%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      16 (25%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.6%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (6.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (4.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (9.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Dec 20, 2021 09:51:51 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12581 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Dec 17, 2021 08:12:35 pm
      Joel Matip !! What a crackin player to have in our side.Don’t think he put a foot wrong.His passing abilities are terrific at times.Well done my mom.
      You meant, man, right, man?  ;D
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #415: Dec 17, 2021 10:30:00 pm
      I am so glad that the refs are not falling for this (not all the time anyway).

The shithousery tactics now pull on the pathetic woke world we live in.

Players safety is paramount, so basically sh*t teams and sh*t managers will abuse this - if the opposition attacks just go down holding your head.....

I'm usually not a fan of Mike Dean but he got that spot on. He knew, as well as everyone else the two lads that went down were play acting. It's such a big part of the game now, lads going down to stop play. It pisses me right off.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #416: Dec 18, 2021 09:29:57 am
      I'm usually not a fan of Mike Dean but he got that spot on. He knew, as well as everyone else the two lads that went down were play acting. It's such a big part of the game now, lads going down to stop play. It pisses me right off.

I agree, also if Eddie Howe and his medical staff were so worried by this head injury why didn't they substitute him which is supposedly  the protocol to follow.
      The only thing the ref got wrong was not booking the tw*t for cheating. Rant over.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #417: Dec 18, 2021 05:54:59 pm
      Great post, Frank. Hope you enjoyed seeing the spectacular strike by TAA. Nothing better for you than getting some KOP medicine down you.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #418: Dec 19, 2021 03:55:48 pm
      Quote from Norfolk Red
      I agree, also if Eddie Howe and his medical staff were so worried by this head injury why didn't they substitute him which is supposedly  the protocol to follow.

Because he wasn't injured.

He usually has a whinge about something every time he shows up here. 3 years ago, he wanted VAR in because our first goal on the day was "offside". It wasn't, but he was convinced otherwise. We won 3-0.

We got the job done eventually, and didn't drop stupid points away like we did against them last season. Mo is just a goalscoring machine, Trent sent a missile into the net and we have 150 league wins under Jürgen, the fastest man to do it in our history.

I notice Diogo didn't celebrate his goal, but wanted to get the ball back to the centre circle to restart. Nothing wrong with that obviously. Except like everyone else who does that, he was wasting his time. With the standard VAR check, 2 opponents lying on the ground, and the usual wait for the opposition to be ready for the kick off, that's a fair amount of time. The referee restarts the game, when he's ready. All it achieves, is the possibility of a scrap and players booked which loses even more time. We had such an incident in the home game v Chelsea. We wanted the ball back, didn't get it and all hell broke loose. They got fined 25k for failing to control their players over it.

As for Mike Dean, I think he declared his support for Tranmere as a career move. We never seen him anywhere near our games until then, now he gets to ref our games  more than anyone else in a season.

Quick Reply