Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Squad overhaul

Read 17838 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Squad overhaul
      Reply #92: Feb 23, 2021 06:32:58 pm
      Out ; Matip, Ox, Shaqiri,Origi, Grujic, Wilson, Woodburn

In; Konate, Gravenberch, Bassouma, Sancho, Grealish, Haaland

Probably got more chance of Everton winning something than buying this lot but try we must,...

Ibrahima Konate, we desperately  need solid reliable CB to challenge Gomez, Kabak, Davies to be Virgil’s partner next season and beyond.

Ryan Gravenberch, young hungry midfield player destined for the stars, get him before his value rockets,

Yves Bissouma,  impressed with this fella , strong, quick , solid defender, good back up for Fabinho

Jadon Sancho, predominantly plays right but can play up top, class player, young hungry suitable for resting / rotation with Salah

Jack Grealish,  loves Villa, but the lure of CL and EPL titles should persuade him to wear the Liverbird, another class player who can be developed to world class with the right club, we are that club and manager,  probably cost more than a few million north of 60-70 but at 25 we can have him a good 6/7 years

Erling Haaland, I prefer this fella to Mbappe, he has absolutely everything you need from a out and out striker, power, pace, height , and a brain, at 20 we’re looking at the next ten to twelve years, so a very good asset to have on your books, yes he will cost a sh*t load but, when you factor in his age and the quality he has its f***in peanuts what he can earn for us in those ten years.

Imagine that lot all arriving this summer, I’d probably have a hard on for a month, being realistic though well be  lucky to get anyone, but we can all dream can’t we ?

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #93: Feb 23, 2021 06:42:34 pm
      I think its more a case of shifting out high earning dead wood and sorry but that also includes Milner who is on hell of a high wage to be a bit part player.

Ox, Origi, Shaq, Milner and Matip need to be moved on and we need one more attacker, preferably a strong physical player with some height. We need a top notch creative midfielder and a Good CB. Ideally we'd get one more midfielder, but perhaps we have some youngsters ready to come through or we can go for a player with potential, get the scouts to earn their money.

That should all be achievable without breaking the bank.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #94: Feb 23, 2021 08:07:11 pm
      Agreed on all.

Should fetch us around £100 mill towards new signings.

Just need Edwards to work his magic again in the Summer window.

100m? Really? For a CB that is injury prone as much as Matip, or Keita who is always injured too? Origi who will fetch, what 15m tops? I think you’ve over estimated those numbers I’m afraid...

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #95: Feb 23, 2021 08:18:51 pm
      Agreed on all.

Should fetch us around £100 mill towards new signings.

Just need Edwards to work his magic again in the Summer window.

Not getting anywhere near £100m for four injury prone players and Divock Origi.

Matip and Keita will probably hang around as I can't see there being many takers for them. Ox could survive as well if we're struggling on the homegrown front.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #96: Feb 23, 2021 08:24:09 pm
      Not getting anywhere near £100m for four injury prone players and Divock Origi.

Matip and Keita will probably hang around as I can't see there being many takers for them. Ox could survive as well if we're struggling on the homegrown front.

I reckon if we wanted to offload him we would get at most 5 million for Matip, though with Edwards who knows.

Keita we would sell handy enough though for a huge loss id imagine.

Both are players that Id only move on due to the injury records. If they remain, and stay fit, they are still valuable to have around
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #97: Feb 23, 2021 08:33:40 pm
      I reckon if we wanted to offload him we would get at most 5 million for Matip, though with Edwards who knows.

Both are players that Id only move on due to the injury records. If they remain, and stay fit, they are still valuable to have around

Big ifs with their records with us. Naby and Joel are both excellent in their positions, but hardly what you could call reliable...

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #98: Feb 23, 2021 10:17:40 pm

I think you are underestimating Matip's value. The guy is still not old for a CB and is very good at his position. Obviously his injuries are no secret, but that does not take away from his quality and value if we wanted to sell him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #99: Feb 23, 2021 10:20:29 pm
      I think you are underestimating Matip's value. The guy is still not old for a CB and is very good at his position. Obviously his injuries are no secret, but that does not take away from his quality and value if we wanted to sell him.

Who is going to pay bigger money for a man who cant play 3 games in a row?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #100: Feb 23, 2021 10:22:03 pm

As good as Matip is (and he is very good), Who’s going to pay a shed load for a player that misses a good chunk of every season, which we got on a free in the first place? What do YOU think he’s worth?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #101: Feb 23, 2021 10:31:53 pm
      Who is going to pay bigger money for a man who cant play 3 games in a row?

His first 3 years here he played over 20 games in each of them.  Not exactly iron-man durability, but not horrible either. I get the last 2 seasons he's played very little, but Lovren was pretty injury prone as well and we got ~10M for him and he's not as good as Joel.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #102: Feb 23, 2021 10:35:30 pm
      His first 3 years here he played over 20 games in each of them.  Not exactly iron-man durability, but not horrible either. I get the last 2 seasons he's played very little, but Lovren was pretty injury prone as well and we got ~10M for him and he's not as good as Joel.

I think if you can get 20 league games and the CL games out of Joel, he’s a keeper. Dunno if that’s possible though...

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #103: Feb 23, 2021 10:38:08 pm
      So depressing talking about all this, please Juergen turn it around 🙏🙏🙏
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #104: Feb 23, 2021 10:49:51 pm
      So depressing talking about all this, please Juergen turn it around 🙏🙏🙏

If he has a fully fit squad available to him (with a couple of additions), then turning it around isn’t an issue. A freak season that in some ways could have been PARTIALLY avoided, but even then would’ve have been a top 4 battle, instead of an all assault in PL retention.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #105: Feb 24, 2021 11:06:36 am
      The thing here is people associate an overhaul as being 20 out and 20 in.

For me its simply adding a few maybe 5 or 6, clearing out those not in the frame .

Id do it either way, had this been another succesful year or gone the way it has
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #106: Feb 24, 2021 11:27:02 am
      As good as Matip is (and he is very good), Who’s going to pay a shed load for a player that misses a good chunk of every season, which we got on a free in the first place? What do YOU think he’s worth?

for a free hes been fantastic (when fit)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #107: Feb 24, 2021 11:29:13 am
      for a free hes been fantastic (when fit)

If we get Virg and Joe back fit fir the start of next season and add 1 more id gladly keep Joel as my 4th choice.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #108: Feb 24, 2021 03:48:25 pm

Southampton? Shame Bournemouth aren't around any more.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #109: Feb 24, 2021 05:08:16 pm
      An example of my overhaul, based on players we are linked with, and one I just think we should go for..

Out;
      Karius
      Adrian
      Matip
      Philips
      Gini
      Milner
      Shaq
      Ox
      Minamino
      Origi
      Woodburn
      Gruij
      Ojo
      Wilson
      Awoninyi
      Kabak end of loan

Loan:
      Kelleher
      Williams R

In:
      Elliott return from loan
      Gravenberch
      Bremer
      Caleste-Car though id go for Schurrs
      Dyabala
      Raphinia
      Begovic

First 11

Becker Trent Virg Joe Robbo Hendo Fab thiago Mo Bobby Sadio

2nd 11

Begovic Neco Bremer Car/Schurrs Tsmikas. Jones Keita Gravenberch. Raphina Dyabala Jota. Elliott in the mix to

Thats not necessarily the order Id have it though
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #110: Feb 24, 2021 05:11:32 pm

The fact we got him on a free won't make a difference to the price tag but obviously his injury troubles will.

If he'd stayed relatively fit these last couple of seasons we wouldn't even be discussing how much we'd be able to recoup for him, but I think his market value would be around 50M.

As things are I'd say he's around the 15M mark. May seem a bit pricey given his injury troubles but I think there would still be a few clubs willing to take that gamble. His injury history is a risk but if he's able to stay fit you've gotten yourself 29 y/o world class centre half for a bargain price
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #111: Feb 24, 2021 05:16:13 pm
      Have we been taken over?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #112: Feb 24, 2021 06:12:20 pm
      If we get Virg and Joe back fit fir the start of next season and add 1 more id gladly keep Joel as my 4th choice.

As a defensive pairing, I’d actually say that VVD and Joel would be my first choice if it wasn’t for fitness issues. Joe Gomez is a very good CB and only going to get better, but right now Joel just shades it for me.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #113: Feb 24, 2021 06:20:19 pm
      As a defensive pairing, I’d actually say that VVD and Joel would be my first choice if it wasn’t for fitness issues. Joe Gomez is a very good CB and only going to get better, but right now Joel just shades it for me.

For me too, Joel fully fit and in good form shades Joe, comfortable bringing ball out, good in the air, nicks goals.
      Only problem is he's made of wet paper.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #114: Feb 24, 2021 07:53:03 pm
      For me too, Joel fully fit and in good form shades Joe, comfortable bringing ball out, good in the air, nicks goals.
      Only problem is he's made of wet paper.

I very much doubt he’s that strong 😎

Quick Reply