Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Squad overhaul

Read 17828 times
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Re: Squad overhaul
      Reply #115: Mar 01, 2021 05:08:51 pm
      Squad doesn’t need an overhaul, it needs its core players back and a break

We have competed with this current city side for 3 seasons, a side that many call the greatest squad of the PL era, with one of the best managers in history at the helm

This squad has competed with them, building up, then narrowly missing out whilst getting a points total that would set records in most seasons of football history, it then continues and adds the CL trophy, does it then drop off and feel sorry for itself? Does it f**k, it goes again and beats this fantastic City side by a massive margin to claim the league

That’s claiming a league for the first time in30 years, with the pressure that this club passes onto its players, the weight of the shirt, the weight of the history, the weight of the expectation, it finally gets there and wins that elusive league, on the back of being at a standard not seen really in history for 3 years running, 3 years where they didn’t let that pressure or the disappointment of just missing out get to them

Then it gets hit by a global pandemic, which not only robs them of the celebration of bringing that title back to Merseyside and the adulation they deserve but it also robs them of a proper break to recharge, it also robs them of the need to see their loved ones, the foreign players are worried about what’s happening in their home countries, yes it’s been hard for us but can you imagine not even being able to get back to your country ?
      Look at the way the Brazilians are handling COVID, and people question Bobby and Ali not taking into account what mentally they could be going through

Then on the football side we have had injuries and injuries after injuries

So no it doesn’t need rebuilding, it like all of us just needs the world to get back to normal and then it needs a couple of new faces that all squads, even the best need every summer

This is one of the best squads we have ever assembled, one that deserves admiration and understanding not a rebuild
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #116: Mar 02, 2021 09:53:48 pm

We have competed with this current city side for 3 seasons, a side that many call the greatest squad of the PL era, with one of the best managers in history at the helm

This squad has competed with them, building up, then narrowly missing out whilst getting a points total that would set records in most seasons of football history, it then continues and adds the CL trophy, does it then drop off and feel sorry for itself? Does it f**k, it goes again and beats this fantastic City side by a massive margin to claim the league

That’s claiming a league for the first time in30 years, with the pressure that this club passes onto its players, the weight of the shirt, the weight of the history, the weight of the expectation, it finally gets there and wins that elusive league, on the back of being at a standard not seen really in history for 3 years running, 3 years where they didn’t let that pressure or the disappointment of just missing out get to them

Then it gets hit by a global pandemic, which not only robs them of the celebration of bringing that title back to Merseyside and the adulation they deserve but it also robs them of a proper break to recharge, it also robs them of the need to see their loved ones, the foreign players are worried about what’s happening in their home countries, yes it’s been hard for us but can you imagine not even being able to get back to your country ?
      Look at the way the Brazilians are handling COVID, and people question Bobby and Ali not taking into account what mentally they could be going through

So no it doesn’t need rebuilding, it like all of us just needs the world to get back to normal and then it needs a couple of new faces that all squads, even the best need every summer

This is one of the best squads we have ever assembled, one that deserves admiration and understanding not a rebuild

Excellent well written post and agree with everything you've said.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #117: Mar 05, 2021 07:37:36 am

Good post mate, agree with you for the most part, the core of our squad is fantastic, but we have no back up, we have been lucky last two/three seasons with injuries, alas, this one is totally different, they have brought to light just how fragile our squad is, we simply do not have the quality of players needed to replace the first choice players if injured,

Adrian, not good enough, Neco has potential, Kabak, Davies, Matip, not good enough or unreliable, Tsimikas not seen enough of,
      Ox, Shaqiri, not good enough, Jones has potential, Gini probably gone, Origi, I’ll drive him to the airport,

That’s seven players we need to replace with quality, not bang average or of a similar level, as I alluded to in another thread, we need a huge investment of funds and I’m talking mega millions, two would be in excess of £160m+

Your right in saying it doesn’t need a overhaul, so long as we don’t get any injuries, but look at how sh*te we have been with those injuries, fact is those who replaced our injured were simply not good enough and in fact are inferior to what we need, we need high quality players ready and able to step in and compete for places like for like with automatic choices,

Jürgen I hope will go to Micheal Edwards with a shopping list and tell him, not ask, get me these players if you want LFC to remain at the top table, get me these players that will bring us multiple titles & CL’s, we have a very solid core but we need to consolidate it by adding top quality individuals, Klopp will have his own list I’m sure but if it were me on my list would be......

Gravenberch, Grealish, Konate, Sancho, Haaland/Jimenez, Neves, ...

We need to have a plan ‘B’ and even a ‘C’ and have the ability to play different formations, the current system works unless hit by injuries or the buses get parked or both,

So out goes the deadwood and in comes the quality that we need, and the successes that they will bring.

Y  N  W  A
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #118: Mar 05, 2021 08:31:11 am
      I still don't think we need a drastic over haul but this squad of players as it stands needs at least two  starters signed in the summer.

We need a change as this squad collectively has gone I fear. Mentally and physically exhausted and I'm not sure it can recover without some pretty major changes.

Not in numbers but in big players moving on and replaced with similar quality.
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2021 09:18:42 am by srslfc »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #119: Mar 05, 2021 09:15:14 am
      This wont be popular but....

If we are going to persist with our left full as a new winger like Robbo has played last 2 games, I think we need to buy someone who will add goals from it. Robbo wont give us that

I like the idea, and I love Robbo but its an area that gets him into goalscoring positions, so a more clinical finisher might be a positive influence

Or else Robbo has to train with Rushie or something to work on finishing
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #120: Mar 05, 2021 09:19:53 am
      This wont be popular but....

If we are going to persist with our left full as a new winger like Robbo has played last 2 games, I think we need to buy someone who will add goals from it. Robbo wont give us that

I like the idea, and I love Robbo but its an area that gets him into goalscoring positions, so a more clinical finisher might be a positive influence

Or else Robbo has to train with Rushie or something to work on finishing

It's not an issue if our forwards are scoring though Bri.

Mane and Firmino in particular have been poor in that regards for a while.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #121: Mar 05, 2021 09:22:57 am
      It's not an issue if our forwards are scoring though Bri.

Mane and Firmino in particular have been poor in that regards for a while.

They arent and didnt look like it last night, Robbo had a shot on the edge of the box with time and space, he made a cock of it.

But hes now in areas where hes had more chances in the last 2 games then I recall him ever having before.

If he works on his finishing, we are laughing
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #122: Mar 05, 2021 12:46:33 pm
      As we’ve seen under FSG ownership, we have to sell a star player whenever we rebuild the team.

In an ideal world I’d love salah to stay, but I think it’s going to have to be him who goes to free up the funds. He’s our biggest asset and he’s at the age now where it’s our last opportunity to get a major fee for him.

We’ve obviously suffered in defence this season but I’m presuming VVD and Gomez will return and produce the same high levels of performance. Matip is useless. I rate him highly as a player but what use is he when he’s never fit. So he needs moving on and we need to sign two cbs as cover.

Gini is clearly off so he needs replacing. Keita falls into the same category as matip. Very good player but what use is he when he’s never fit. He goes down as one of our worst ever signings and we will lose a big chunk of money on him. Milner, ox and Shaqiri can all go too.

The main weakness has been in the 9 position though. Bobby has been shocking for a long time now and has become a passenger. I’d say signing a proper centre forward has to be the priority, and then obviously we would need to replace salah too. I expect divock to be gone.

It then becomes guess work and football manager like. I’ve no idea how much we’d earn from those players leaving. I’d guess salah 150, keita 30, ox 25, Shaqiri 25, origi 20. Probably recoup more for them because we’ve become very good at selling players.

For the cb cover positions, we have to be realistic. These are players who are going to be third or fourth choice so they will only play a handful of games for us. So it’s pointless suggesting ramos or boateng.  Therefore, if the price was right, I wouldn’t mind conor Coady coming in as third choice centre half and then signing Schar from newcastle as fourth choice centre half who is on a free I think. Ryan Bertrand is also on a free and he would be very good cover for Robbo.

In midfield then the Brighton lad bissouma could be a potential replacement for Gini and he has the type of attributes that would fit in well with a klopp midfield. Another midfielder id look at is the lad who’s flying for sporting Lisbon at the minute, goncalves. He flopped at wolves but has transformed himself now.

We’d need a right mid and I’d take a stab at dembele. I think Barca need to sell or they still owe us a huge chunk of the coutinho money so we could get him for a much cheaper price than what they bought him for. I know he’s hardly blown Barca away but he could do wonders in our team under Jürgen.

Our major signing has to be haaland. I think we have a realistic chance of getting him. We’re a bigger club than dortmund and can pay higher wages than them. I think he’d jump at the chance of signing for us and working with klopp and I think his fee would be lower than what salah would go for.

Ali / kelleher
      Trent / neco
      Robbo / Bertrand / tsmikas
      VVD / coady
      Gomez / schar

Fabinho
      Hendo / bissouma
      Thiago / goncalves / Jones

Mane / jota
      Haaland / bobby
      Dembele / minamino

Midfield looks a bit bare so maybe one or two other signings. Just a bit of fun this by  the way out of boredom!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #123: Mar 05, 2021 02:49:08 pm
      Starting to look more likely that the relentless heavy metal has taken its toll on a few in midfield and attack.

It’s a conundrum why Klopp likes a small squad bearing in mind his ask there again if you’re not going to get the quality required you play with what you have.

Too be fair I’m surprised we have managed this long with the core team.

We need a rebuild should have started in 19/20 but is inevitable now.

All great teams naturally have a life cycle and need rebuilds think of our great teams of the 80’s and even Fergies teams.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #124: Mar 08, 2021 05:51:21 pm
      Looking at the squad we're in serious need of a significant overhaul. For me our squad has too many average and injury prone players to compete with the big clubs going forward.

Goalkeepers

1. Alisson - KEEP
      13. Adrian - RELEASE
      62. Caoimhin Kelleher - KEEP

Defenders

4. Virgil van Dijk - KEEP
      12. Joe Gomez - KEEP
      19. Ozan Kabak - KEEP
      21. Kostas Tsimikas - SELL
      26. Andy Robertson - KEEP
      28. Ben Davies - KEEP
      32. Joel Matip - SELL
      47. Nat Phillips - SELL
      66. Trent Alexander-Arnold - KEEP
      76. Neco Williams - SELL

Midfielders

3. Fabinho - KEEP
      5. Georginio Wijnaldum - RELEASE
      6. Thiago - KEEP
      7. James Milner - RELEASE
      8. Naby Keita - SELL
      14. Jordan Henderson - KEEP
      15. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - SELL
      17. Curtis Jones - KEEP

Forwards

9. Roberto Firmino - SELL
      10. Sadio Mane - KEEP
      11. Mohamed Salah - KEEP
      20. Diogo Jota - KEEP
      23. Xherdan Shaqiri - SELL
      27. Divock Origi - SELL

Currently out on loan:

Takumi Minamino – Southampton - SELL
      Harvey Elliott – Blackburn - KEEP
      Harry Wilson – Cardiff - SELL
      Marko Grujic – Porto - SELL
      Loris Karius – Union Berlin - SELL
      Liam Millar – Charlton - SELL
      Kamil Grabara – AGF Aarhus - KEEP
      Sheyi Ojo – Cardiff - SELL
      Adam Lewis – Plymouth - SELL
      Taiwo Awoniyi – Union Berlin - SELL
      Anderson Arroyo – Salamanca - SELL
      Sepp van den Berg – Preston North End - KEEP
      Vitezslav Jaros – St Patrick’s Athletic - SELL

That's about 20 outgoings including our loan players. Lots or work to be done this Summer. If we don't freshen up the squad with next gen signings we will go backwards very fast.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #125: Mar 08, 2021 05:53:49 pm
      Looking at the squad we're in serious need of a significant overhaul. For me our squad has too many average and injury prone players to compete with the big clubs going forward.

Goalkeepers

1. Alisson - KEEP
      13. Adrian - RELEASE
      62. Caoimhin Kelleher - KEEP

Defenders

4. Virgil van Dijk - KEEP
      12. Joe Gomez - KEEP
      19. Ozan Kabak - KEEP
      21. Kostas Tsimikas - SELL
      26. Andy Robertson - KEEP
      28. Ben Davies - KEEP
      32. Joel Matip - SELL
      47. Nat Phillips - SELL
      66. Trent Alexander-Arnold - KEEP
      76. Neco Williams - SELL

Midfielders

3. Fabinho - KEEP
      5. Georginio Wijnaldum - RELEASE
      6. Thiago - KEEP
      7. James Milner - RELEASE
      8. Naby Keita - SELL
      14. Jordan Henderson - KEEP
      15. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - SELL
      17. Curtis Jones - KEEP

Forwards

9. Roberto Firmino - SELL
      10. Sadio Mane - KEEP
      11. Mohamed Salah - KEEP
      20. Diogo Jota - KEEP
      23. Xherdan Shaqiri - SELL
      27. Divock Origi - SELL

Currently out on loan:

Takumi Minamino – Southampton - SELL
      Harvey Elliott – Blackburn - KEEP
      Harry Wilson – Cardiff - SELL
      Marko Grujic – Porto - SELL
      Loris Karius – Union Berlin - SELL
      Liam Millar – Charlton - SELL
      Kamil Grabara – AGF Aarhus - KEEP
      Sheyi Ojo – Cardiff - SELL
      Adam Lewis – Plymouth - SELL
      Taiwo Awoniyi – Union Berlin - SELL
      Anderson Arroyo – Salamanca - SELL
      Sepp van den Berg – Preston North End - KEEP
      Vitezslav Jaros – St Patrick’s Athletic - SELL

That's about 20 outgoings including our loan players. Lots or work to be done this Summer. If we don't freshen up the squad with next gen signings we will go backwards very fast.

Take a deep breath and step off the ledge.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #126: Mar 08, 2021 07:31:05 pm
      Take a deep breath and step off the ledge.

Like this club is close to doing?

You honestly believe the squad doesn't need an overhaul?

Delusional.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #127: Mar 08, 2021 07:33:32 pm
      Like this club is close to doing?

You honestly believe the squad doesn't need an overhaul?

Delusional.

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of, no. Not even close.

What you want to do is going to need to happen, but over the next 3-4 years, not this summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #128: Mar 08, 2021 07:44:00 pm
      Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of, no. Not even close.

What you want to do is going to need to happen, but over the next 3-4 years, not this summer.

In 3 to 4 years half our first team will be in their early to mid 30s.

Milly will still he here running around at 40.

We need to freshen up the squad much faster than that or we'll be left behind.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #129: Mar 09, 2021 06:02:11 pm
      Personally dont think we need an overhaul. Think a system change is more appropriate with possibly three signings on top.

Would love to see us try a 352 as TAAs clear defensive struggles would be less of a liability with the extra CB.

I'm happy with the GKs. Alisson is still the best GK in the league for me, Kelleher has looked decent as cover + we can promote one of the younger lads as a #3 with Adrian going.

RB we are okay. In a back 5, TAA and Neco are perfectly fine. In a back 4, we probably need to let Neco go out on loan and bring in a more solid defensive option. Overall though I am happy with those pair - both are young with plenty of juice / improvement in them.

LB we are okay. Robbo is grand and hopefully a year as his understudy Tsimkas will be able to step up next season. If not, I am sure we have someone from the youth who can be an able cover option. What happened to Larouci? Overall I dont think we need to spend money here.

CB I think we need one signing here. VVD and Gomez are grand. Matip on a shorter term deal I'd be happy to keep, Phillips I actually think is okay too, in a back 3 he would be even better. Rhys I think should go out on loan (not ready yet for me). Dont want Kabak permanently, would rather trust Davies and buy another.  Ben White has been rumoured and I think that is not a bad shout. If not maybe a Tarkowski / Dunk type someone solid to fit VVD and Gomez.

CM I think we could do with an addition. A box to box kind of midfield. Someone who can run with the ball and be a threat to the opposition. I think Grealish would be perfect for us but maybe a little to expensive for FSG unless we sell one of our stronger assets. Fabinho is grand, Thiago I'd be happy to give him more time despite a slow start, Jones looks promising, Hendo we keep too. Keita for me is a tough one, I'd be happy either way. I think we cut Grujic, Shaqiri, Ox and let Gini join Barca.

In attack is where i think we can generate money. As much as I love him - I think now is probably the time to move Bobby on. It will hurt but I think Jürgen has squeezed all the juice out of him, he doesnt have much left in the tank. Origi needs to be sold also, he has been hopeless since the UCL win. Now if we stick with the current formation I'd keep the rest but if we were to switch to 352 (in my fantasy land ;D) - I am going to say it, I think we should sell Mane. A little bit like Bobby I worry Jürgen has squeezed all the juice out of him, and in a choice between Mo and Mane, I think Mo has more quality left in him aswell as goals. Mane seems to have lost his strength which is worrying as that was always his greatest trait. Without strength, he isnt sadio mane. Jota is grand, I think Taki should be given a shot, I think he has more to offer than Mane right now. On top of Jota, Salah and Taki I would like to see a proper #9. Someone who can win aerial duels and offer a presence up front aswell as score goals. Something different to what we currently have. Haaland would be the dream. Maybe Mane + Firmino can fund it?

GK - Alisson, Kelleher, Hughes/Jakub

RB - TAA, Neco

CB - VVD, Gomez, Matip, Phillips, Davies, NEW SIGNING (White?)

LB - Robertson, Tsimkas / Larouci

Mid - Thiago, Fabinho, Hendo, Jones, Keita, Elliott, NEW SIGNING (Grealish?)

Attack - Jota, Salah, Minamino, NEW SIGNING (Haaland?)

24 man squad. Considering no Europe next season looking likely that is more than enough going forward. 3 signings and not alot of net spend so FSG will be happy with my suggestions ;D.  Maybe they should give me the managers job if Jürgen goes ;D

I think we compete for the title, comfortably get top 4 anyhow and hopefully win the FA CUP.

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #130: Mar 09, 2021 06:21:58 pm
      Personally dont think we need an overhaul. Think a system change is more appropriate with possibly three signings on top.

Would love to see us try a 352 as TAAs clear defensive struggles would be less of a liability with the extra CB.

I'm happy with the GKs. Alisson is still the best GK in the league for me, Kelleher has looked decent as cover + we can promote one of the younger lads as a #3 with Adrian going.

RB we are okay. In a back 5, TAA and Neco are perfectly fine. In a back 4, we probably need to let Neco go out on loan and bring in a more solid defensive option. Overall though I am happy with those pair - both are young with plenty of juice / improvement in them.

LB we are okay. Robbo is grand and hopefully a year as his understudy Tsimkas will be able to step up next season. If not, I am sure we have someone from the youth who can be an able cover option. What happened to Larouci? Overall I dont think we need to spend money here.

CB I think we need one signing here. VVD and Gomez are grand. Matip on a shorter term deal I'd be happy to keep, Phillips I actually think is okay too, in a back 3 he would be even better. Rhys I think should go out on loan (not ready yet for me). Dont want Kabak permanently, would rather trust Davies and buy another.  Ben White has been rumoured and I think that is not a bad shout. If not maybe a Tarkowski / Dunk type someone solid to fit VVD and Gomez.

CM I think we could do with an addition. A box to box kind of midfield. Someone who can run with the ball and be a threat to the opposition. I think Grealish would be perfect for us but maybe a little to expensive for FSG unless we sell one of our stronger assets. Fabinho is grand, Thiago I'd be happy to give him more time despite a slow start, Jones looks promising, Hendo we keep too. Keita for me is a tough one, I'd be happy either way. I think we cut Grujic, Shaqiri, Ox and let Gini join Barca.

In attack is where i think we can generate money. As much as I love him - I think now is probably the time to move Bobby on. It will hurt but I think Jürgen has squeezed all the juice out of him, he doesnt have much left in the tank. Origi needs to be sold also, he has been hopeless since the UCL win. Now if we stick with the current formation I'd keep the rest but if we were to switch to 352 (in my fantasy land ;D) - I am going to say it, I think we should sell Mane. A little bit like Bobby I worry Jürgen has squeezed all the juice out of him, and in a choice between Mo and Mane, I think Mo has more quality left in him aswell as goals. Mane seems to have lost his strength which is worrying as that was always his greatest trait. Without strength, he isnt sadio mane. Jota is grand, I think Taki should be given a shot, I think he has more to offer than Mane right now. On top of Jota, Salah and Taki I would like to see a proper #9. Someone who can win aerial duels and offer a presence up front aswell as score goals. Something different to what we currently have. Haaland would be the dream. Maybe Mane + Firmino can fund it?

GK - Alisson, Kelleher, Hughes/Jakub

RB - TAA, Neco

CB - VVD, Gomez, Matip, Phillips, Davies, NEW SIGNING (White?)

LB - Robertson, Tsimkas / Larouci

Mid - Thiago, Fabinho, Hendo, Jones, Keita, Elliott, NEW SIGNING (Grealish?)

Attack - Jota, Salah, Minamino, NEW SIGNING (Haaland?)

24 man squad. Considering no Europe next season looking likely that is more than enough going forward. 3 signings and not alot of net spend so FSG will be happy with my suggestions ;D.  Maybe they should give me the managers job if Jürgen goes ;D

I think we compete for the title, comfortably get top 4 anyhow and hopefully win the FA CUP.

I see on BBC Garth Crookes suggesting Ward-Prowse would be an ideal Gini replacement.  I think its a strange shout as Gini plays a different role for us from the one JWP plays for Southampton, but he would be very useful and seems to keep his fitness too.  I don't see us buying one of the big name glamour attackers like Grealish, Mbappe or Haaland.  Ironically, Ings (as he has been this last year) would suit us, although our lack of height up front needs addressing. 
      We do seem to be carrying a lot of hardly-ever-fit players, and because they so rarely play, they never look much good when they do get a game (Ox being the obvious one).
      As far as an overhaul goes, I'd say we need to have the sort of fit, quality depth that allows us to rotate an average of two players each game over a season, not just to stave off injuries, but to keep squad players fresh, match-ready and able to read each others' game.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #131: Mar 09, 2021 06:31:34 pm
      I see on BBC Garth Crookes suggesting Ward-Prowse would be an ideal Gini replacement.  I think its a strange shout as Gini plays a different role for us from the one JWP plays for Southampton, but he would be very useful and seems to keep his fitness too.  I don't see us buying one of the big name glamour attackers like Grealish, Mbappe or Haaland.  Ironically, Ings (as he has been this last year) would suit us, although our lack of height up front needs addressing. 
      We do seem to be carrying a lot of hardly-ever-fit players, and because they so rarely play, they never look much good when they do get a game (Ox being the obvious one).
      As far as an overhaul goes, I'd say we need to have the sort of fit, quality depth that allows us to rotate an average of two players each game over a season, not just to stave off injuries, but to keep squad players fresh, match-ready and able to read each others' game.

Yeah not sure about Ward Prowse. Although maybe for his free kicks alone wouldnt be completely a waste of time. Think we can get better. Haland probably out of reach but Grealish I think if we put down a good offer is doable. If not Grealish, Aouar from Lyon is a baller. Would take Tielemans from Leicester too.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #132: Mar 09, 2021 06:34:49 pm
      Im like a broken record on this but the only midfielder we should be looking at buying is Gravenberch, anyone after that great, but if we dont sign him, or at least try to Ill be gutted.

This kid has it all hes going to be the best in the game
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #133: Mar 09, 2021 06:36:19 pm
      Im like a broken record on this but the only midfielder we should be looking at buying is Gravenberch, anyone after that great, but if we dont sign him, or at least try to Ill be gutted.

This kid has it all hes going to be the best in the game

Cant say I've watched much of him. Will have to check him out. Comes from a good school anyway!
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #134: Mar 09, 2021 06:39:11 pm

Tammy Abraham just came into my head as a more realistic option as opposed to Haaland. Can score, about 6ft 4, decent in the air, good movement. Seems Tuchel doesnt fancy him but hed offer something different than what we have. Shouldn't cost a fortune either. Would be happy with him. Ings is similar to what we have in terms of physicality and height.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #135: Mar 09, 2021 06:58:31 pm
      Cant say I've watched much of him. Will have to check him out. Comes from a good school anyway!

Ridiculously good and not yet 19. Like someone took Viera, Alonso, Pogba (his good traits) and mashed them together to make this
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #136: Mar 09, 2021 07:05:58 pm
      Tammy Abraham just came into my head as a more realistic option as opposed to Haaland. Can score, about 6ft 4, decent in the air, good movement. Seems Tuchel doesnt fancy him but hed offer something different than what we have. Shouldn't cost a fortune either. Would be happy with him. Ings is similar to what we have in terms of physicality and height.

Abraham's sh*te and wouldn't want him anywhere near Anfield.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #137: Mar 09, 2021 07:07:45 pm
      Although needed it ain’t gonna happen this summer, I think the majority of what we have now will remain but I do see us off loading those  who don’t feature at all, and perhaps bring 1-4 higher quality to fight for places,
      Like the idea of rebuilding slowly over a couple of seasons but this covid sh*t has probably scuppered the initial stages of that this summer, it isn’t just about buying what we need, we need to be buying for the next few years and perhaps beyond, players like Gravenberch as what Brian alluded to,  We already have wee Harvey Elliot, it’s this kind of age group we should be going after, Trent already established, Gomez if he can stay injury free, Kelleher another future star, so some of the blocks are already here,

I’m not up on the U23 or U18 ressies but I’m sure there are one or two who potentially can come through, Billy Koumetio for example probably 2 or 3 others,

Overall I think next season will be for consolidation, seeing where we’re at financially once things settle down, we might not be in Europe so that could have a negative effect on transfer targets and probably monies available,

But, don’t get too downhearted, we will have enough for us to get through another season, a season where we will be back competing for the title, and without getting too far ahead of myself,( I know, I always do)  I can next season being a three horse race with the Chavs joining the race.

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply