Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Squad overhaul

Read 17817 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Squad overhaul
      Reply #184: Apr 16, 2021 11:12:30 pm
      sun setting on the Klopp era?  Probably setting on Liverpool then.  We do not have the resources to compete at the highest level.  It has taken the genius of Klopp to get us to levels previously undreamed of.  Wonderful manager and person.  Gerrard is a shadow in comparison.  Let Klopp build again if necessary.  But writing him off after a 1-season dip - and a soulless, injury-riddled season at that - is short-sighted. 

So you don't agree with my comments on Trent and Curtis in midfield? Fine.

It's an open forum. We're talking about the future. Let's not forget about going from 1st in December to 6th.

Klopp will pull it back, though. It's Klopp. Whoever comes and goes from the club in-between the next few transfer windows is open for discussion.

Food for thought.
      HuytonRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 14 
      Reply #185: Apr 17, 2021 12:59:10 pm
      So you don't agree with my comments on Trent and Curtis in midfield? Fine.

It's an open forum. We're talking about the future. Let's not forget about going from 1st in December to 6th.

Klopp will pull it back, though. It's Klopp. Whoever comes and goes from the club in-between the next few transfer windows is open for discussion.

Food for thought.

I'm struggling to make sense of that post.  I said nothing about Trent or Curtis.  And you say the sun is setting on the Klopp era but then - "Klopp will put it right".  My point is simply that Klopp is a once-in-a-generation manager - who has been a perfect fit for us.  We do not have the resources of our competitors, but he has has still made us European and English champions.  While Klopp is there I believe we can once again rise to the top. 
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #186: Apr 17, 2021 06:10:35 pm
      I'm struggling to make sense of that post.  I said nothing about Trent or Curtis.  And you say the sun is setting on the Klopp era but then - "Klopp will put it right".  My point is simply that Klopp is a once-in-a-generation manager - who has been a perfect fit for us.  We do not have the resources of our competitors, but he has has still made us European and English champions.  While Klopp is there I believe we can once again rise to the top. 

You've simply cherry-picked my post which has nothing to do with the squad overhaul. Klopp is here until 2024, so three more seasons. How's that for a sun-set?

I'm looking further forward in to the future. I'm open for a debate on that if you've got a smart response?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #187: Apr 17, 2021 10:05:28 pm
      You've simply cherry-picked my post which has nothing to do with the squad overhaul. Klopp is here until 2024, so three more seasons. How's that for a sun-set?

I'm looking further forward in to the future. I'm open for a debate on that if you've got a smart response?

So why did you say the sun is setting on the Klopp era? He's just pointing out you're contradicting yourself - you're the one needs a "smart response".
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #188: Apr 18, 2021 09:23:29 am
      One things for sure, all sides that have been consistently successful, have always had a regular turnover of top players. At least every other season. Think it’s time we had some new blood in.
      If we leave it until we’ve slipped down the league, it becomes a rebuild with difficulty in getting top players to sign. We need to do it now while we are still looked upon as being a force.
      No time for sentiment, if players can’t perform to the level we expect, get them replaced with someone who can !
      They don’t have to be 20-21yrs old and building for the future. It doesn’t matter if they’re 28/29, we need them for the now while we’re still an attractive draw !
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #189: Apr 18, 2021 04:40:09 pm
      I agree what we need some new talent to add to the Squad but it's so hard to assess what we truly need due to the massive amount of injuries we have suffered this Season. Had VVD, Gomez and Henderson played full Seasons we would be fighting for the League. Our injury crisis has just exacerbated the discussion. Stronger squad, no discussion really.

Quick Reply