Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool v FC Porto (UEFA CL) - Pre-Match

Read 5738 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Liverpool v FC Porto (UEFA CL) - Pre-Match
      Reply #23: Nov 26, 2007 09:18:12 pm
      How did Porto get on last night?

Anyone watch them?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #24: Nov 26, 2007 09:36:08 pm
      Didn't watch it, but they beat V.Setubal 2-0! Who are currently fifth in the Portuguese league!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #25: Nov 26, 2007 09:45:40 pm
      Didn't watch it, but they beat V.Setubal 2-0! Who are currently fifth in the Portuguese league!

Not lost then this year.  F***ing great.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Nov 26, 2007 10:05:04 pm
      How did Porto get on last night?

Yeah, won 2-0. Lisandro and.............. Quaresma. Didn't see the game though. If they haven't lost this year then it's high time they did, isn't it.

I think they've got a tricky task against us on Wednesday. The timing of the game is one thing on it's own. I imagine we will be at full volume on Wednesday and rightly so.

The players have to go out there with the same notion as the fans and prove a point.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: Nov 26, 2007 11:51:55 pm
      Yeah, won 2-0. Lisandro and.............. Quaresma. Didn't see the game though. If they haven't lost this year then it's high time they did, isn't it.

I think they've got a tricky task against us on Wednesday. The timing of the game is one thing on it's own. I imagine we will be at full volume on Wednesday and rightly so.

The players have to go out there with the same notion as the fans and prove a point.

Perfect timing for us! ;D

The meeting up beforehand should get things started for the match! ;) We just need to drown their fans out so we don't have another Marsielle esque atmosphere on our hands!

And on the pitch, the lads cannot give them an inch! Close them down, stop their flair players. Do it properly and we should be finishing off with the 3 points! :)
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #28: Nov 27, 2007 11:24:11 am
      Im looking forward to this game i feel its going to be one of those great european nights at Anfield we know we need the win so Rafa will have to pick a attacking side 8-0 will do again.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #29: Nov 27, 2007 11:44:08 am
      With all the backroom politics threatening to wreak havoc, nothing will ease troubled minds like a clinical display from a team that must win or die...(in the competition that is)

Torres must play, he must carry on where he left off on Saturday, making space and terrorizing the Porto defence. He'll come good tomorrow night, I'm sure of it. Porto are a good side but we have momentum that we've manage to maintain depsite a (tragic) international break.

We'll just want it more and we'll play like we do.

Liverpool 2 (Torres; Gerrard) - 0 Porto

C'MON YOU REDS...
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #30: Nov 27, 2007 12:15:03 pm
      Big week for Liverpool FC

Posted November 27, 2007 by DM Osbon

http://sweetflag.wordpress.com/2007/11/27/big-week-for-liverpool-fc/

With two games gone since the 8-0 win over Besiktas & two clean sheets in those victories over Fulham & Newcastle you would suspect that things would be rosy at LFC towers this week in preparation for the must win game against Porto in the Champions League.

…but as with all things/people that look to be doing well, ultimately they get handled poorly by the daily rumour rags, that class themselves as Newspapers. Always aim to bring down a good thing, should be on their coat of arms & the rumours of rifts etc are shockingly bad journalism that we have all come to expect but should never buy into.

I know there is to be a big vocal show of support for Rafa at the game on Wednesday & I do hope the team on the night keeps up the momentum that has been building of late. As ever the team on the pitch should be the ones judged & it should be where all the talking is done.

Prediction

Prediction League Standings 27 Nov 2007

(TABLE SHOWN IN ORIGINAL POST VIA LINK ABOVE)

My form from the last 5 now reads: DLDDD.

Gaining just two points from the last two games, I lie precariously in 10th place with a form of 3 straight draws. I need a 3 point correct scoreline from somewhere & I hope my 1-0 for the game against Porto is justified. Porto are top in their league with a 4 point lead over Benfica & I get the feeling that it will be a much tighter game than against either Newcastle or Fulham.

I would also hope to see a Crouch/Torres partnership from the start of the game, as Crouch knows how to find the net in CL matches & Torres needs more games to sharpen his finishing after coming back from injury. The foil of these two different types of forwards should benefit each other immeasurably.

YNWA.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2007 01:38:06 pm by DM Osbon »
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31: Nov 27, 2007 03:16:38 pm
      Im only going on what I saw at Porto, Quasimodo is bought into play a lot and caused us problems down that wing and should be made a target to close down. Thats why I agree with your part about we must be physical, get in their face dont let them play and hunt them down. Mascha would be ideal for that role get into Quasi and burst his hump, metophorically speaking of course.!!!

I'd say, park one of our fellows near to Quasimodo fulltime, stuff and harass their midfield to cut off the supply to Quasimodo, this will cripple their attack, fully agreed Mascha fits the role perfectly and he must play. Besides that, pound their defence to the maximum with our speedy players and Voronin must play to provide maximum harassment. Their defence will crumble if we pressure them enough. Besides that, the crowd must also pump-up the volume to the maximum.

But, i've the hunch that Porto will start the game fast and furious hoping to score early and close shop. So, we must not be slow starters and caught napping, we need to be extremely discipline at the back and keep it tight while we start pounding them right from the start of the game.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #32: Nov 27, 2007 03:18:02 pm
      Porto beat SETÚBAL 2-0 on Sunday> Quasimodo got one of the goals too. I have a feeling their players will be up for it Wednesday night up to put us out of the competition. We will need to be totally up for it aswell, but I have a nasty feeling that with all this crap with Rafa and the owners going on it could be detremental.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #33: Nov 27, 2007 03:18:29 pm
      I hope the players and Rafa are keeping their eye on the ball for Wednesday (must be very difficult).

We must win on Wednesday - as if we lose the Yanks and Parry will go for Rafa's neck.

Shame to see that neither SG or JC have had the cojones to say anything at all this week. I personally would have wanted it... then again... I am contradicting myself - because if they did - they wouldn't be concentrating on the game ahead would they... I do spout some bollox eh??

Don't all agree at once!

YNWA.
       :-*
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #34: Nov 27, 2007 03:20:15 pm
      I hope the players and Rafa are keeping their eye on the ball for Wednesday (must be very difficult).

We must win on Wednesday - as if we lose the Yanks and Parry will go for Rafa's neck.

Shame to see that neither SG or JC have had the cojones to say anything at all this week. I personally would have wanted it... then again... I am contradicting myself - because if they did - they wouldn't be concentrating on the game ahead would they... I do spout some bollox eh??

Don't all agree at once!

YNWA.
       :-*

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I totally agree  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #35: Nov 27, 2007 03:49:13 pm

Why did I know you would be the first to agree.

At least I gave you something to smile about today fella. ATB.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #36: Nov 27, 2007 06:31:44 pm
      I'm confident for a resounding win tomorrow, the players will be wanting to prove a point, on and off the pitch.  I'm sure they must feel the same as us, especially the Spanish guys.  This will be like a Cup final tomorrow night, one of those special Anfield nights  ;)

IN RAFA WE TRUST - COME ON YOU REDMEN  :kop5cf8koxp6:   
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #37: Nov 27, 2007 06:38:17 pm
      I'm confident for a resounding win tomorrow, the players will be wanting to prove a point, on and off the pitch.  I'm sure they must feel the same as us, especially the Spanish guys.  This will be like a Cup final tomorrow night, one of those special Anfield nights  ;)

IN RAFA WE TRUST - COME ON YOU REDMEN  :kop5cf8koxp6:   

Well said that Kopite
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38: Nov 27, 2007 06:48:15 pm
      You mean theres agame on tomorrow  ;)

Obviously were all caught up in whats happening with Rafa and rightly were letting it be known how we feel but we also musn't let it detract from our support for the players this is a huge match and they will need us encouraging them to

This will be a magic night at Anfield

Y.N.W.A
      MsGerrard
      Reply #39: Nov 27, 2007 07:31:44 pm
      Don.....SG and JC have probably been told or should I say advised not to say anything about the situation.

The boys and Rafa really need to concentrate on this game tomorrow and try to push any negative thoughts about events from the last week firmly to the back of their minds.

It's going to be a VERY hard game and they need to be totally focused on the task in hand.

Come on Liverpool we have faith in you to do the business tomorrow night.

COME ON YOU REDS

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Smiggs are you going the match?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #40: Nov 27, 2007 07:56:30 pm
      No MsG, i'm missing not going soooo much, cos I never went for a couple of games when me mum was in hospital I lost my loyalty on my Fancard.  She wasn't well enough to go so couldn't go without her  ;)

Will try and make the Wigan game on 02-01-08, I'm having withdrawal symptoms !!  ;)

Wish I was there tomorrow, just wanna give my support to Rafa, I'll be devastated if he goes  :'( 
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #41: Nov 27, 2007 08:03:37 pm
      No MsG, I'm missing not going soooo much, cos I never went for a couple of games when me mum was in hospital I lost my loyalty on my Fancard.  She wasn't well enough to go so couldn't go without her  ;)

Will try and make the Wigan game on 02-01-08, I'm having withdrawal symptoms !!  ;)

Wish I was there tomorrow, just wanna give my support to Rafa, I'll be devastated if he goes  :'( 

Smigger IMO you are a top, top man for putting your sick mum before a game at Liverpool. That is the way it should be... mind you - Liverpool is a close 2nd eh!

ATB mate.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #42: Nov 27, 2007 08:12:33 pm
      Smigger IMO you are a top, top man for putting your sick mum before a game at Liverpool. That is the way it should be... mind you - Liverpool is a close 2nd eh!

ATB mate.

Top Man  ???  I'm a girly !! Can I be a top Woman instead ?  just cos I drink Stella  ;) :D :D   
      MsGerrard
      Reply #43: Nov 27, 2007 08:19:28 pm
      Top Man  ???  I'm a girly !! Can I be a top Woman instead ?  just cos I drink Stella  ;) :D :D  

Hi Top Woman :lmao:

I wish I was going too Smiggs, after going to the Beskitas game, it was so good, I want to be there tomorrow as well, I especially want to be there to support Rafa, still you'll be able to go down The Sandon to give your support 8)

I will be cheering the lads on from home all decked up like a Red and White Kop :D :laugh:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44: Nov 27, 2007 08:20:21 pm
      your a top bloke smigger  ;D

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #45: Nov 27, 2007 08:21:44 pm

:lmao: You're a Top Woman my dear, don't worry!

I'm getting all built up for this game! I haven't heard anything on me ticket yet but I think it;s looking a bit grim on that front now! But I'm still coming down the Sandon, seen them outside there on the news before on the news! It's gona be a big thing tomoro! ;D

Quick Reply