Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: RB Leipzig vs Liverpool 16/2/2021 8pm

Read 4966 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Pre-Match: RB Leipzig vs Liverpool 16/2/2021 8pm
      Reply #46: Feb 16, 2021 09:49:00 am
      Need a result tonight, if only for the morale of the side. Going for a 2-1 win for the Reds !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #47: Feb 16, 2021 09:49:09 am
      Really have to score tonight.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #48: Feb 16, 2021 11:54:26 am
      I’d have Gini in, he seems to shine more attack wise in CL, hopefully if you can get Hendo in holding, which I admit is unlikely, Thiago could finally shine.... then just simply try and out score them.

Alisson
      Trent - Phillips - Kabak - Robbo
                       Hendo
                   Gini  - Thiago
            Salah - Firmino - Mane
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #49: Feb 16, 2021 12:02:26 pm
      If they score first will we see the panic button pressed or will we see leafership and calm heads remembering who we are and what we have achieved?

If its option 1 we will get another result similsr to the last 2. If we go option 2 we take a lead back to Anfield. Its that basic for me.

With no Fab or Milner Id gladly play Kabak with Davies or Nat and get Hendo back in with Gini and Jones or Thiago
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #50: Feb 16, 2021 12:49:06 pm
      Thing is though I don’t think the second leg will be at Anfield due to the travel restrictions from Germany to the UK, unless they of course are lifted by then, but there is no guarantee of that, so F**k knows where it will be played ?

Not that it matters much because there will no fans there anyway, so it makes no difference where it’s played from our point of view, but we do need to score tonight regardless  of where the second leg is played, despite our domestic form I’m fairly confident we can win this tonight, Leipzig don’t have any buses  to park so this could well be a attack V attack affair with plenty of goals and see who blinks first,

As biased as biased can be I’d take us to win every time against a side coming at us, the quality we have will see us through despite not being at full strength, BUT, we will need a strong midfield two bona fide CB’s and plenty of pace, and if at all possible back to the Rock N roll football of a couple of seasons back where we steam rollered our way to the final.

This Won’t be for the faint hearted !

Y  N  W  A
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #51: Feb 16, 2021 12:59:02 pm
      Thing is though I don’t think the second leg will be at Anfield due to the travel restrictions from Germany to the UK, unless they of course are lifted by then, but there is no guarantee of that, so F**k knows where it will be played ?

Not that it matters much because there will no fans there anyway, so it makes no difference where it’s played from our point of view, but we do need to score tonight regardless  of where the second leg is played, despite our domestic form I’m fairly confident we can win this tonight, Leipzig don’t have any buses  to park so this could well be a attack V attack affair with plenty of goals and see who blinks first,

As biased as biased can be I’d take us to win every time against a side coming at us, the quality we have will see us through despite not being at full strength, BUT, we will need a strong midfield two bona fide CB’s and plenty of pace, and if at all possible back to the Rock N roll football of a couple of seasons back where we steam rollered our way to the final.

This Won’t be for the faint hearted !

Y  N  W  A

Indeed. This is going to be proper!! This is standing in front of the tv with beer dressed full kit roaring like a lunatic stuff
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #52: Feb 16, 2021 01:15:24 pm
      If both legs are at a neutral ground why not just have a one off game?

I get that tv companies have their stake but surely it’s better if players are not on planes travelling to another country, especially when celebrating goals is considered a threat to the pandemic.
      Or maybe tv contracts are more important than spreading the virus. Who knows.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #53: Feb 16, 2021 01:53:47 pm

I get that tv companies have their stake but surely it’s better if players are not on planes travelling to another country, especially when celebrating goals is considered a threat to the pandemic.

Mate, you are talking far too much sense. This is UEFA, modern day football.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Feb 16, 2021 01:56:07 pm

Totally about TV money.

But I don't mind there being two games instead of one. Always up for watching the Reds.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Feb 16, 2021 04:11:24 pm

Or maybe tv contracts are more important than saving ordinary lives......there, fixed it for ya mate !

Y  N  W  A
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #56: Feb 16, 2021 04:29:19 pm
      The way we've been playing at home recently might be no harm to be on neutral ground for our "home" leg.
      Really hoping we but in a decent performance tonight.
      And keep the clanger count low.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #57: Feb 16, 2021 04:42:09 pm
      I think it’s more likely we will see Hendo with Kabak again

I think if we went with Kabak & Phillips or Davies at CB, they would be more cautious seeing Hendo at DM. That just might take a bit of pressure off our midfield.
      I was going to go with a 1-1 draw, but just cant do it. Has to be a win for me, so 1-2 the red men.
      We need to just put everything behind us. Treat this as a whole new season starting tonight. Go full on and get them pressed back under pressure.  Everyone on 100 % and like last season, not many will cope with us, including these.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #58: Feb 16, 2021 04:44:53 pm

Not a bad idea Bob. But of course if we lost, id want a second leg then  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #59: Feb 16, 2021 04:53:02 pm
      Have a sneaky suspicion we'll get an easy win tonight. If we don't....I may swerve the forum for awhile because I imagine it will be full meltdown mode. Don't care who plays, just go out and kick their ass.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #60: Feb 16, 2021 05:36:28 pm
      Think a goal is of the most importance tonight. Followed by no injury and not conceeding more then 2 if we only get one.

I think taking a 2-1 or 3-2 etc back to Anfield leaves us in a good position. Going back to Anfield with 0 is a disaster
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2021 05:46:27 pm by Brian78 »
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #61: Feb 16, 2021 05:46:54 pm
      Not going for any prediction, learnt my lesson v Leicester I got it totally the wrong way round! I just want us to take whatever chances we get, keep it tight at the back, stick together, support each other and put that smile back on Jürgen’s face! Most pundits give us next to no chance, so let’s just smash it!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #62: Feb 16, 2021 05:53:06 pm
      Went 4-1 here. Blind stupidity or not, feeling confident we’ll stroll this.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #63: Feb 16, 2021 05:53:08 pm
      Think a goal is of the most importance tonight. Followed by no injury and not conceeding more then 2 if we only get one.

I think taking a 2-1 or 3-2 etc back to Anfield leaves us in a good position. Going back to Anfield with 0 is a disaster

We're not playing at Anfield in the 2nd leg by the sounds of it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #64: Feb 16, 2021 05:53:46 pm
      We're not playing at Anfield in the 2nd leg by the sounds of it.

Eh?? German teams not allowed in the UK?
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #65: Feb 16, 2021 06:08:31 pm

Your right about the 0,an away goal is vital & I recon we’ll score a few tonight.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #66: Feb 16, 2021 06:21:49 pm
      I deffo think that Phillips and Kabak should try and build up a partnership, I think its the only way forward personally. We need to get that energy back into our midfield with Hendo in that 6 role until Fabinho comes back. That way we may see a better Tiago cos let's be honest he doesn't work playing that No.6 role. Play Jones aswel where he can make those forward runs then if Tiago has to drop a little deeper to help out Hendo and the full backs then so be it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #67: Feb 16, 2021 06:26:14 pm
      There's a risk free bet on paddy power for this if its anybodies bag.

Different competition and a hopefully a change of furtunes. Expecting goals and just hope we get a few of them to bring back to Anfield.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #68: Feb 16, 2021 06:27:45 pm
      Please win and make everyone happy again

Quick Reply