Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Players you would liked us to have signed

Read 8132 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Players you would liked us to have signed
      Reply #69: Feb 17, 2021 03:14:28 pm
      Missed Laudrup over adding a year to the contract offer he wanted. Crazy. Imagine him in there with Kenny and Rushie and Molby teeing them up

If only mate, he for me was under stated, one of those players who went quietly about their business,very little fuss, hardly ever got booked if I remember correctly, might have to do with the culture he was brought up in, most Scandinavians aren’t known for being party animals are they?

Well, until Agger came along 😂
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #70: Feb 17, 2021 03:27:08 pm

If only mate, he for me was under stated, one of those players who went quietly about their business,very little fuss, hardly ever got booked if I remember correctly, might have to do with the culture he was brought up in, most Scandinavians aren’t known for being party animals are they?

Well, until Agger came along 😂

He was a genius. He never gets the praise he deserves, yes people know he was brilliant but they never mention him like they would Platini or Guillit but for me he was superior to all them, bar Maradona I dont think the 80s had a better player
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #71: Feb 17, 2021 03:28:42 pm
      Hindsight is never wrong, because we already know the outcome. How about these players in hindsight. Never mind the price, their availability, their willingness to come, our desire to get the deal done, our financial resources. Ignore these factors.

Kaka, CR, Messi, Zidane, Cafu, Maldini, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Figo, Kahn, Carlos, Cannavaro, Modric, Buffon, Sammer, Šuker, Deco, Henry, Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta, let’s go crazy...

Wait a minute... where have I seen this list before? I’ve always been greedy am I still am...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #72: Feb 17, 2021 03:35:04 pm
      Brian Laudrup was a player I always admired, Clarence Seedorf another, and one player who caught my eye and would have been superb for us Rui Costa, all world class midfielders, but a player I would have moved heaven & earth for was Kaka, what a f***in player, had everything, pace, balance, superb football brain, scored millions of goals, could pass short or long, he had the f***in lot this fella, not many better than him in his pomp !

Kaka was F***ing superb in Istanbul 05 for 45mins, literally tore us a new arsehole, til Hamann got a grip of him in the 2nd half.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #73: Feb 17, 2021 03:38:01 pm
      Alan Shearer went to Blackburn for £3.5m in 1992 from Southampton, that's the transfer that would have made us Champions and Souness the manager remembered for the right reasons.

Shearer is the one we missed I reckon.

Was never going to happen, Shearer always wanted to play for Kenny. It's why he went to Blackburn. Had Kenny still been in charge here, he would of been a Liverpool player.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #74: Feb 17, 2021 07:38:54 pm
      Kaka was f**king superb in Istanbul 05 for 45mins, literally tore us a new arsehole, til Hamann got a grip of him in the 2nd half.

True that mate, Kaka was past his prime but he still was regarded as one of the world’s best, that ball he slotted through to Crespo for the third was perfect, eye of the needle perfect weighted pass Crespo didn’t break stride, he was a amazing player Kaka, even past his sell by date.

Not too many of his quality around these days.

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #75: Feb 18, 2021 09:04:42 am
      Looking through some of the above posts and seeing all those worldy’s and some not so but would have served us well, I myself have mentioned a few, but, there is one player not mentioned in any of the above posts, unless I missed it, and he some would argue was England’s best ever, I being Scottish would definitely wouldn’t argue because he was.... and dare I say, Shame on all you Englanders ! !.....

........................ ........................ ................GAZZA... ........................ ........................ ..................

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #76: Feb 18, 2021 09:43:17 am
      If we keep it to the premier league era, and realistic, as in were never going to or never were going to sign Messi. Using the same criteria used by various owners on wages etc who would you liked to have seen us sign in the premier league?

One Ill start with. Going right back to 1992. Matt Le Tissier..A genius player. Why he never gor a move to a big club Ill never know. But him instead of Clough playing with Rushie and God would have been a sight. His skill level and the goals he scored were top class. The question mark will forever be was he one of those players that suited his enviornment and had we signed him would he have been just another fish in the pond and not the big fish

Shearer for me, would have been class up front, but also would have helped our sh1t defence back then.

But really thinking of the the teams of the mid 90s, just some better centre halfs, and a top goalie. as mentioned by unclebob above . ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #77: Feb 18, 2021 09:43:58 am
      Looking through some of the above posts and seeing all those worldy’s and some not so but would have served us well, I myself have mentioned a few, but, there is one player not mentioned in any of the above posts, unless I missed it, and he some would argue was England’s best ever, I being Scottish would definitely wouldn’t argue because he was.... and dare I say, Shame on all you Englanders ! !.....

........................ ........................ ................GAZZA... ........................ ........................ ..................

christ imagine the havoc gazza would have caused on the park and off it. ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #78: Feb 18, 2021 09:57:09 am
      There's plenty of United players in this thread.  :roll:

Are you sure you lot!! hate mancs.  :lmao:
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #79: Feb 18, 2021 10:44:09 am

Probably because you used to have decent players and team in the 90's and 00's but are a 1 man team now and are bang average.;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #80: Feb 18, 2021 11:06:25 am

Not from me. I would never, having Ince actually in our team was bad enough.  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #81: Feb 18, 2021 11:25:38 am

christ imagine the havoc gazza would have caused on the park and off it. ;D

Yep, some say too hot to handle but that was his character, Kenny enthuses how the cameraderie in the dressing room was key to much of our success in the 70’s & 80’s and beyond, maybe Gazza’s  antics were a bit OTT but the laughter in the dressing room would be incessant, I doubt Bugsy would have approved though 😂.

Y  N  W  A
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #82: Feb 18, 2021 11:26:23 am
      That was a shocker and the worst thing was we could all see it at the time

I still don't know what happened here. Anelka was perfect for us.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #83: Feb 18, 2021 11:27:06 am
      Last summer Mbappe was a possibility this summer we might be going back in for Ballotelli
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #84: Feb 18, 2021 11:38:21 am

Ach Keith, we’re just reminding you of how sh*te your lot have become , sh*t, this season we’ve even given you a sniff of how it was back then for you, like being above us, but that will soon change and you can take comfort knowing that the land of mediocrity awaits you once again,

Ye Manc c**t   ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #85: Feb 18, 2021 12:14:05 pm

Yep, some say too hot to handle but that was his character, Kenny enthuses how the cameraderie in the dressing room was key to much of our success in the 70’s & 80’s and beyond, maybe Gazza’s  antics were a bit OTT but the laughter in the dressing room would be incessant, I doubt Bugsy would have approved though 😂.

Y  N  W  A

;D. can imagine gazza & razor together full time.   :food-smiley-005:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #86: Feb 18, 2021 12:31:42 pm

Y  N  W  A

I know at Rangers he also wore out his welcome.with constant needling and such. Gordon Durie talked about how Gazza would wake him at 2 a.m. the night before a game because he couldn't sleep, just a lot of mental stuff, and that's even getting into the partying with Five Bellies.
      But when he was fit he could play some incredible stuff. Remember this one Billy?   ;D

https://youtu.be/evnXFu744uY
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #87: Feb 18, 2021 12:55:10 pm
      I know at Rangers he also wore out his welcome.with constant needling and such. Gordon Durie talked about how Gazza would wake him at 2 a.m. the night before a game because he couldn't sleep, just a lot of mental stuff, and that's even getting into the partying with Five Bellies.
      But when he was fit he could play some incredible stuff. Remember this one Billy?   ;D

I still have nightmares about that goal. :-(
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #88: Feb 18, 2021 01:19:47 pm

How can you forget a world class goal like that, I think we missed a pen just before that fantastic piece of Skill from Gazza, and who knows what would have happened he’d we not, Gazza will go down in history as Daft as a Brush and the happenings in his life thereafter, the alcoholism, the depression, he was his own worst enemy at times, but when you look at how good he actually was , his natural ability, it is a tragedy he didn’t get out of football what he deserved, while at the same time we as fans of football didn’t get to see Gazza at his absolute best, despite that though,

I’d rank him right up there with your George Bests, Kenny Dalglish, Dennis Law, Moore,  Finney, and lots of other iconic British players that were world class, he was unique, such a shame he never fulfilled his full potential .

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #89: Feb 18, 2021 01:21:50 pm
      I still have nightmares about that goal. :-(

A visit to the dentist might sort you out mate 😂 😂 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #90: Feb 18, 2021 02:13:56 pm
      Not from me. I would never, having Ince actually in our team was bad enough.  :lmao:

Became dead wood for us so we were happy for you lads to take him off our hands.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #91: Feb 18, 2021 02:19:43 pm

Ach Keith, we’re just reminding you of how Sh*te your lot have become , sh*t, this season we’ve even given you a sniff of how it was back then for you, like being above us, but that will soon change and you can take comfort knowing that the land of mediocrity awaits you once again,

Ye Manc C**t   ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Y  N  W  A

:lmao:

We've got half a team now and with a few new signings in summer (( Grealish, Haaland, and a top CB  :f_whistle: ))  who knows? Maybe even with Ole out the wheel out out out might do something.  :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply