Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Players you would liked us to have signed

Read 8134 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Players you would liked us to have signed
      Reply #92: Feb 18, 2021 02:24:37 pm

Iā€™d rank him right up there with your George Bests, Dennis Law,

Y  N  W  A

Anothe Manc posting on a Liverpool forum.  :f_whistle:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #93: Feb 18, 2021 02:33:57 pm
      Gazza would have been a nightmare to have around the likes of God Macca and Redknapp. Was bad enough having clowns like Ruddock about
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #94: Feb 18, 2021 02:47:37 pm
      Anothe Manc posting on a Liverpool forum.  :f_whistle:

Careful Keith or Iā€™ll set weareliverpool on ye 😂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #95: Feb 18, 2021 02:57:50 pm
      Gazza would have been a nightmare to have around the likes of God Macca and Redknapp. Was bad enough having clowns like Ruddock about

He would mate but can you imagine the stories to be told ?

Actually I think he would have thrived, despite all his shenanigans, he didnā€™t win a lot in his career so to be part of a winning team he would have loved it, he went to Spuds thinking he would win stuff there, but look how that turned out, I still cringe when I see that tackle,

In his documentary, you can see the hurt is still in him, I know he was his own worse enemy but, I canā€™t help feel sorry for him, especially what he & and his kin had to go through with the hacking scandal sh*t !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #96: Feb 18, 2021 03:02:14 pm

He would mate but can you imagine the stories to be told ?

Actually I think he would have thrived, despite all his shenanigans, he didnā€™t win a lot in his career so to be part of a winning team he would have loved it, he went to Spuds thinking he would win stuff there, but look how that turned out, I still cringe when I see that tackle,

In his documentary, you can see the hurt is still in him, I know he was his own worse enemy but, I canā€™t help feel sorry for him, especially what he & and his kin had to go through with the hacking scandal sh*t !

If we had a serious keeper and a top centre half under Roy Im sure we would have won a title. Think we had it all bar that commanding centre half and a steady keeper. To me James cost us a couple of trophies.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #97: Feb 18, 2021 03:07:20 pm
      :lmao:

We've got half a team now and with a few new signings in summer (( Grealish, Haaland, and a top CB  :f_whistle: ))  who knows? Maybe even with Ole out the wheel out out out might do something.  :lmao: :lmao:

Not a chance mate of getting any of them, more like youā€™ll get Maddison, Tarkowski, and we can give you Shaqiri and Chuck in Origi for good measure, they can show you their CL medals just to remind you what they look like. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂.

YMC !

Y  N  W  A

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #98: Feb 18, 2021 03:14:00 pm
      If we had a serious keeper and a top centre half under Roy Im sure we would have won a title. Think we had it all bar that commanding centre half and a steady keeper. To me James cost us a couple of trophies.

Aw good old calamity James, he was error stricken wasnā€™t he early days, wasnā€™t too shabby in the end but never ever good enough for us, we played some cracking football under Roy, and but for them cu*ts at the end of the East Lancs would have been Champions no question !

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #99: Feb 18, 2021 03:17:03 pm
      Became dead wood for us so we were happy for you lads to take him off our hands.  ;D

awe cheers. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #100: Feb 18, 2021 03:17:49 pm

A visit to the dentist might sort you out mate 😂 😂 😂

hehe
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #101: Feb 18, 2021 04:56:57 pm
      Looking through some of the above posts and seeing all those worldyā€™s and some not so but would have served us well, I myself have mentioned a few, but, there is one player not mentioned in any of the above posts, unless I missed it, and he some would argue was Englandā€™s best ever, I being Scottish would definitely wouldnā€™t argue because he was.... and dare I say, Shame on all you Englanders ! !.....

........................ ........................ ................GAZZA... ........................ ........................ ..................

Nope glad we swerved the fat mess, probably would of been a lot better for him had he joined us instead of Spurs and avoid leeches like Chris Evans.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #102: Feb 18, 2021 07:49:19 pm
      Batty when he was first at leeds then blackburn and newcastle i thought was a very good player and we missed that bite around that time as the ā€˜spice boysā€™ were considered a little bit soft. Think he might have been a good player for us.

Think he was past his best during his second spell at leeds which you must be referring to, even though heā€™s no comparison to stevie anyway.

I know mate. Even though we had some great times during stevies era, I always feel a bit sorry for him that heā€™s not part of this squad. Born ten years too early. Could you imagine a prime stevie in this current team? Donā€™t think weā€™d ever lose a game.

ā€œSpice boysā€ workouts have been ideal in this era. Glenn Hoddle too. Great footballers, but not too physical 🤪

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #103: Feb 18, 2021 08:13:55 pm
      While the Mbappe to Liverpool story still persists, Iā€™ll go with this. This kid is the new PĆ©le. How can we not be excited?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #104: Feb 18, 2021 08:18:38 pm
      While the Mbappe to Liverpool story still persists, Iā€™ll go with this. This kid is the new PĆ©le. How can we not be excited?

Not going away is it
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #105: Feb 18, 2021 08:27:38 pm

Hopefully for the right reasons 🤞

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #106: Feb 18, 2021 08:30:58 pm
      I remember the David villa transfer thread from years back, seemed to believe for about 3 years we were getting him! Would have been class.

I still remember someone saying their uncle was a taxi driver and he gave Villa a lift to Melwood from John Lennon.

I believed it and went round smiling telling everyone "don't worry my inside source says Villa to sign a 5 year deal today" 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Feb 18, 2021 08:34:15 pm

Just can't see it happening Brian.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #108: Feb 18, 2021 08:54:56 pm

For which reasons?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #109: Feb 18, 2021 08:57:59 pm

Already stated in past post Mark. Basically I don't think you'll be able to meet the transfer fee but more importantly the wages. FSG won't do it.

Ps.. If they sold one of their big players like Mane or Salah you would have outside chance. A normal trate I've notice with Liverpool is if they buy big then it's generally after they've sold big.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #110: Feb 18, 2021 09:05:19 pm
      Already stated in past post Mark. Basically I don't think you'll be able to meet the transfer fee but more importantly the wages. FSG won't do it.

But if the Nike sponsorship/deal comes into play, that will cover a substantial part of the money side of things. Factor in shirt sales and everyoneā€™s a winner. Say he has a 5 year contract, then leaves LFC in his prime to go to Real Madrid (assuming he hits the expected dizzy heights of course), then FSG make an absolute killing, as we know they like to do on outgoing transfers, ala Torres, Suarez, Coutinho, etc.

Of course Iā€™m not saying this is set in stone at all, but the rumour mill keeps growing and as the old saying goes, thereā€™s no smoke without fire. Itā€™s definitely a possibility...

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #111: Feb 18, 2021 09:17:33 pm
      But if the Nike sponsorship/deal comes into play, that will cover a substantial part of the money side of things. Factor in shirt sales and everyoneā€™s a winner. Say he has a 5 year contract, then leaves LFC in his prime to go to Real Madrid (assuming he hits the expected dizzy heights of course), then FSG make an absolute killing, as we know they like to do on outgoing transfers, ala Torres, Suarez, Coutinho, etc.

Of course Iā€™m not saying this is set in stone at all, but the rumour mill keeps growing and as the old saying goes, thereā€™s no smoke without fire. Itā€™s definitely a possibility...

Obviously you can never say never. Difficult to comment regards Nike as it's always a guessing game in that department but yeah, it's a possibility I suppose. Don't think the lad needs to prove anymore than what he already has, he's proven he's the real deal for me.

If it was to happen ones things pretty clear, he would be the highest earner in the team. Not sure how that will sit with VVD - Mane - Salah providing none of them become part of the package for bringing  him to Anfield.

Personally I  would have Haaland over Mbappe but know that would be debatable with many fans.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #112: Feb 18, 2021 09:35:16 pm
      Obviously you can never say never. Difficult to comment regards Nike as it's always a guessing game in that department but yeah, it's a possibility I suppose. Don't think the lad needs to prove anymore than what he already has, he's proven he's the real deal for me.

If it was to happen ones things pretty clear, he would be the highest earner in the team. Not sure how that will sit with VVD - Mane - Salah providing none of them become part of the package for bringing  him to Anfield.

Personally I  would have Haaland over Mbappe but know that would be debatable with many fans.

Haaland another who has proven his ability, but Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll do so again. Mbappe is the new PelĆØ. No higher praise than that imo...

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #113: Feb 18, 2021 09:51:05 pm

David Silva, David Villa, Pepe, Bruno Fernandes and Sancho.

That's just five off the cuff that "wouldn't go away"
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #114: Feb 19, 2021 07:17:00 am

seemingly he is quite pally with our owner as well. showed him round monaco or some such a few years ago.

If contract runs down (which has been talked about), and so he is a free, then I think its something that could happen, its only down to wages then.

Quick Reply