Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leipzig?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.3%)
      Ozan Kabak
      9 (10.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      14 (16.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      2 (2.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      22 (25.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      26 (29.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Feb 20, 2021 09:52:05 pm

RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16511 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Re: RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Feb 16, 2021 10:19:12 pm
      Don't think Shaq or Ox brought anything to the game when they came on  ,liked Thiago tonight and Curtis ,winning the ball and creative . Jürgen looks happy again too !

Oxlade Chamberlain was walking, what the hell! I wanted him to play more but he seemed uninterested. Jones was ver good but as said the commentator I was listening too, the midfield was below par. Wijnaldum again was nowhere to be seen in the control of the game and Thiago is not playing at his level. Thankfully we had a team who did not play to exploit our weaknesses.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #392: Feb 16, 2021 10:20:04 pm
      Just to add that lad Hwang looks great anytime of seen him

The next Minamino 😉
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #393: Feb 16, 2021 10:21:05 pm
      Satisfying win, good performance, clean sheet, no complaints from the neighbours, didn’t spill any beer, tv still intact as is my mentality,

no seriously that was a good performance, and fully  deserved our win, the tie isn’t over by any stretch but we do have their number in that, if we can dominate play we will come out on top, the level of quality was all to see, before we go into the ins & outs, big big shout out to that referee, that game was a great game to watch especially if you were a neutral, he let the game flow and the players responded and the result was a very entertaining game, so well played the Ref.

Now take a few seconds and imagine that dumb kunt Atkinson with the whistle !

Right,now that’s the negativity over with let’s all sit back and reflect on a good performance and a nice we confidence boost for the blueshite on Saturday, thought it was fairly even first 25 but then when their pressing wasn’t working in their eyes , we started to dominate, and to be honest we were never going to lose after that, but had they scored in that 25 mins, I think they would or could have taken us down,

What annoyed me most was how often we gave up possession in midfield and the poor passing in the final third, on another day we could have been 2 up at HT, to be fair tho they did hit the beans and a 1-2 score at HT would be fair fucks,

Second half despite their ‘have a go’ 5 mins we again dominated proceedings and like above our quality shone through, and once Mo got that first goal it was game over, and then Mane killed it,

We got a bigger test on Saturday but, if we can play like we did tonight I can see us doing the same, obviously it’ll be much tougher but I think Jürgen will have us ready .

Good win, not over yet, but we are in the driving seat !

Well played lads

Y  N  W  A
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #394: Feb 16, 2021 10:22:07 pm
      That Upemacano character very raw. Not judging him off this gane alone but on the basis that we triggered the press every time he had hold of the ball im guessing he was pinpointed by the coaching and analysis team as a weak link on the ball.

Reminded me a bit of Sakho the way he went about his play.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #395: Feb 16, 2021 10:22:42 pm
      Just watched Jürgen post match interview, quite clear he doesn't like Des Kelly ,can't blame him, smarmy b***ard
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #396: Feb 16, 2021 10:26:04 pm
      Good all round performance. Similar to previous games without the blunders, but also with some decent finishing.
      Gone for Curtis for motm. He’s been quality for a couple of games.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #397: Feb 16, 2021 10:31:46 pm
      Just watched Jürgen post match interview, quite clear he doesn't like Des Kelly ,can't blame him, smarmy b***ard

noticed that to.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #398: Feb 16, 2021 10:36:24 pm
      That was just brilliant! I'll admit I was worried about this game,  but we bossed it.
      Really liking Kabak already, this guy has a long and  bright future ahead of him if he learns for Klopp, and of course Van dijk.
      Curtis is looking settled, and not at all out of place in the first team. He was our best midfielder tonight. Decent game by Trent and Robbo too.
      So happy to see Mane getting his goal. It's a pity Bobby miss hit his shot in the first half, it would've been great to see all the Three Amigos on the score sheet tonight.
      2 away goals should be enough to see us into the quater finals.
      I've missed that winning feeling 😆
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #399: Feb 16, 2021 10:45:06 pm
      Don't think Shaq or Ox brought anything to the game when they came on  ,liked Thiago tonight and Curtis ,winning the ball and creative . Jürgen looks happy again too !

Yea Ox and Shaq are gonzo in the Summer. Elliot will replace Shaq. Jones has already replaced Ox.

A lot of business to be done this Summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #400: Feb 16, 2021 10:46:19 pm
      That Upemacano character very raw. Not judging him off this gane alone but on the basis that we triggered the press every time he had hold of the ball im guessing he was pinpointed by the coaching and analysis team as a weak link on the ball.

Reminded me a bit of Sakho the way he went about his play.

Konate who was on the bench tonight is a much better CB quite similar to Matip.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #401: Feb 16, 2021 10:49:04 pm
      If he's scored that last chance I'd have had a perfect, so not feeling the love for him so much.  ;D

You're not alone!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #402: Feb 16, 2021 10:51:36 pm
      Great to have a win and a 2 goal cushion after our win tonight. Listening on the radio sounded a good all round performance, with a goal each for Salah & Mane. A clean sheet a welcome bonus to lift the confidence of the defence.

Simply hope we can carry on in the league on Saturday, to start moving up the table.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #403: Feb 16, 2021 11:20:35 pm
      That was an excellent, professional performance. We controlled the game from start to finish. Even when leipzig tried to play at a high tempo and pressed us we didn’t panic, kept composed and just played them off the park to be honest. We are a much better side than them and we’ve given ourselves a fantastic opportunity now to progress to the next round. Really proud of the lads tonight and it’s nice to silence the critics, and a few divvys on this forum.

Alisson - Made one fantastic save in the first half but apart from that had little much to do. Thought he looked more confident tonight though whenever he had possession which was good to see.

Trent - Leipzigs only threat came from down their left with angelino but i thought Trent defended well throughout. Might have been under instructions from Jürgen not to get forward as much.

Kabak - I gave him motm. Thought at times he looked a little shaky against Leicester. Comes in for his second game in a european game away from home and he did more or less everything he was asked of. Was a good performance from him.

Hendo - led and organised the defence well. His positioning worries me at times though and he nearly got caught out right at the end. Something he needs to learn quickly while playing CB. A good performance in general though.

Robbo - Same as trent. Defended well but thought he might have been under orders not to push on as much as usual.

Gini - thought he did his job sitting in the middle without being noticed particularly. Moving the ball from A to B, some important tackles or interceptions and his positioning was good.

Thiago - His tackling improved tonight and he made a couple of good challenges. Looks tired to me though and his performance levels have dropped in the last 2-3 games slightly in my opinion.

Jones - Made no secret that I’m not a huge admirer of Jones but i thought he did pretty well tonight. One of my main frustrations with him is I think he takes too many touches and keeps hold of the ball for too long. There’s no doubt he has good feet but he would be a much better player if he released the ball quicker.

Salah - Caused them problems all night and took his goal well. Had a very good game. Minor criticism would be he backs out of challenges too often which frustrates me a little bit.

Bobby - Battled well and did a good job defending from the front.

Mane - still not quite back to his usual high level but still a good performance and he also took his goal well.

Anyway, one goal at anfield and I think that’s enough to see us through. Superb job tonight lads, well done.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #404: Feb 16, 2021 11:22:18 pm
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #405: Feb 17, 2021 12:02:48 am
      The difference tonight ,we got the breaks how their first effort off the post  never went in was unbelievable , and the last kick off the game should have made it 1-2,on another day that would have changed the game, the ref was excellent booked a few of their players when needed, on fouls that go un punished by EPL referees ,usual media stupidity constantly brining up our defensive mistakes recently,and GL  stating Klopps jobs safe for now ?at least Rio was more sensible with his comments towards us,hopefully we continue this kind of display against the bitters,next run of games are winable to get that back in the top 4  YNWA
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #406: Feb 17, 2021 12:11:32 am
      Few posters conspicuous  by their absence tonight wonder why  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #407: Feb 17, 2021 12:32:17 am

Forgive me rossy, are you trying to say.......where  are all the neg heads, bed Wetters and Wums and not forgetting the plastics ?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #408: Feb 17, 2021 12:38:37 am
      Was good that.
      Well needed.
      And a good team performance as well, proven by the fact that 10 of our 11 starting players were voted by someone in this threads MOTM poll.

rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #409: Feb 17, 2021 12:40:24 am

Forgive me rossy, are you trying to say.......where  are all the neg heads, bed Wetters and Wums and not forgetting the plastics ?

Never Billy why would I think that 🤔
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #410: Feb 17, 2021 12:48:08 am
      Never Billy why would I think that 🤔

Dunno mate, maybe it was your connotations that perhaps some of our fans of the plastic variety were somewhat missing and that they had nothing to whine about, could be wrong tho, they are after all known to be quite adept at polishing their helmets, it could be argued that they were otherwise engaged ?

Y  N  W  W
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #411: Feb 17, 2021 12:57:16 am
      Glad we won, but we are not through the tunnel yet.  They just gifted us 2 goals, and we still cannot dissolve any heavy defending.  Need special mention that Salah helped Trent neutralize threats from Angeliño.

rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #412: Feb 17, 2021 12:59:53 am

Dunno mate, maybe it was your connotations that perhaps some of our fans of the plastic variety were somewhat missing and that they had nothing to whine about, could be wrong tho, they are after all known to be quite adept at polishing their helmets, it could be argued that they were otherwise engaged ?

Y  N  W  W

Oh go on got me there then yes I think I may have been insinuating  something along those lines 😅
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #413: Feb 17, 2021 01:29:32 am

I honestly looked in the ban thread

Quick Reply