Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leipzig?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.3%)
      Ozan Kabak
      9 (10.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      14 (16.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      2 (2.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      22 (25.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      26 (29.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Feb 20, 2021 09:52:05 pm

RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16505 times
      jckliew
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Re: RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Feb 17, 2021 01:50:21 am
      The difference tonight ,we got the breaks how their first effort off the post  never went in was unbelievable , and the last kick off the game should have made it 1-2,on another day that would have changed the game, the ref was excellent booked a few of their players when needed, on fouls that go un punished by EPL referees ,usual media stupidity constantly brining up our defensive mistakes recently,and GL  stating Klopps jobs safe for now ?at least Rio was more sensible with his comments towards us,hopefully we continue this kind of display against the bitters,next run of games are winable to get that back in the top 4  YNWA
      Maybe our luck is changing with the header off the post and staying out! 
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #415: Feb 17, 2021 01:59:17 am

We have a great win and all you immature little people still showing your true colours,GROW UP.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #416: Feb 17, 2021 02:00:42 am
      Noticed a glaring difference between Upamecano and Djimi Traore tonight.

A Champion's League medal.

sh*t, him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #417: Feb 17, 2021 02:01:01 am
      We have a great win and all you immature little people still showing your true colours,GROW UP.

:D
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #418: Feb 17, 2021 02:22:17 am
      Noticed a glaring difference between Upamecano and Djimi Traore tonight.

A Champion's League medal.

Sh*t, him.

If you have watched any of Leipzig's games this season you would see that Upamecano is a very good player but struggled against our high press,which is credit to Jürgen and the lads for not giving him time on the ball,in the bundesliga he has more time and carries the ball out of defence and makes very good runs forward,Jürgen's game plan worked to perfection.Why don't you try and give our lads credit instead.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #419: Feb 17, 2021 02:27:25 am
      If you have watched any of Leipzig's games this season you would see that Upamecano is a very good player but struggled against our high press,which is credit to Jürgen and the lads for not giving him time on the ball,in the bundesliga he has more time and carries the ball out of defence and makes very good runs forward,Jürgen's game plan worked to perfection.Why don't you try and give our lads credit instead.

I have
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #420: Feb 17, 2021 03:21:08 am
      It's a great feeling to win a game isn't it!!  I'll sleep a little better tonight 🙂
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #421: Feb 17, 2021 03:40:08 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #422: Feb 17, 2021 08:17:52 am
      Great win last night and good to see us looking a bit like the team we're supposed to see. Superb performance by Trent too. Also big up for Mo's defensive work and tracking back.

Early goal second leg and we should have this wrapped up.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #423: Feb 17, 2021 09:11:30 am
      Really enjoyed last night, good game of football helped by a brilliant referee who just let the game flow, I think he recognised we were two attacking teams and just let us get on with it, a lesson to be learnt for our puppet stringed refs in the EPL,

So pre-match we were all slightly concerned how it would turn out, will we score, we need to score, will we suffer more injuries? In the end though it was just another day at the office as some ‘Chaser’ bloke would say, and it was really, RB were decent for 30 mins out of the 95, especially that first 20 mins, if I’m honestly I was concerned, but then we got a foot hold, passed it around somewhere near our best and slowly started to dominate,

It could have turned out differently had RB found the net instead of Ali’s post, and that was as close as they got to be fair, we on the other hand on another night could have had a hat full, imagine that same game where we would be at full strength, Virgil et al, I think RB blown away would have been a appropriate headline,

So we’re almost through, a early goal in the second leg and it’s done, and into the hat for the next challenge, by which time we hope we will be better equipped to deal with whoever we have to deal with, perhaps a more tougher opponent than RB Leipzig, who were, may I remind you, we were concerned about,

Could it be argued we’ve turned yet another corner ?

Let’s get Saturday out of the way first, see where we’re at, needless to say it is not a must win game rather than its a must not lose game, these cu*ts have 2 games in hand over us, so we don’t want to be looking up their blue ring pieces at any time soon, and as sure as there’s sh*t in a cat, Carlo will have them fired up to expose our weaknesses, but his big dilemma is, will he park a bus or come out to play, we know what we’ll be doing don’t we, so I think we will see a similar side to last night, if Millie was fit he’d be in instead of Gini, anyhoo, I’m getting ahead of myself again, can’t help it 😂.

Great win last night it felt good, just imagine how we will feel after Saturday when we beat Blueshite again.

Y  N  W  A
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #424: Feb 17, 2021 09:28:59 am
      Great win last night and good to see us looking a bit like the team we're supposed to see. Superb performance by Trent too. Also big up for Mo's defensive work and tracking back.

Early goal second leg and we should have this wrapped up.

Yup Mo put a great shift in last night he really seems to be stepping up his productivity without the ball. He even looked to create chances rather than run at defenders. Very impressive performance in a season he's getting a lot of undeserved criticism.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #425: Feb 17, 2021 09:29:24 am
      What a difference a day makes! You just can’t beat the feeling you get the day after a win and a really good performance. I gave Kabak my MOM, I thought for a young player in a new league, only his second start and not played in Champions League before, he did all that was asked of him. To be fair though, it was a really good team performance, and anyone could have been MOM. Just what we needed before Saturday.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #426: Feb 17, 2021 09:54:01 am
      Was a really wonderful result, I did say so last night as well, in this thread, in case that spoils someone's narrative ;-)

What is important now is to string some results together and get some momentum behind us, lets roll on to Everton and also try to beat a low block team Sheff Utd, March on paper looks ok for us.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #427: Feb 17, 2021 10:18:14 am
      What a difference a day makes! You just can’t beat the feeling you get the day after a win and a really good performance. I gave Kabak my MOM, I thought for a young player in a new league, only his second start and not played in Champions League before, he did all that was asked of him. To be fair though, it was a really good team performance, and anyone could have been MOM. Just what we needed before Saturday.

Totally agree,Kabak looks like he has lots of potential and could be a good player for us (still only 20)along side VVD,we'll see Kabak's temperament when he comes up against a physical player.A great team performance and good honest officials.
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #428: Feb 17, 2021 10:29:31 am
      Super performance. Makes a hell of a difference to your mood going to bed after a Liverpool win like that! She thought I was a new man ffs  ;D

Hopefully that gives us the confidence boost we desperately need and push on now, especially with the blue sh*te here at the weekend. I'd have been delighted with a 1 nil win after pretty much every c**t & their granny had written us off before a ball was kicked. 2 nil is a superb result - They have to come to Anfield (or wherever it may be) and try attack us, which we all know plays into our hands very favourably.

Up the Reds!  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #429: Feb 17, 2021 10:40:52 am

I thought it was teents best defensive performance in ages. Thought Kabak never put a foot wrong and Hendo dojng a solid job there

RB could have scored easily three goals. And if they don't give us two gifts I don't see us scoring more than one, maybe two. Our crisis is not over. We just got a break.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #430: Feb 17, 2021 10:50:46 am
      RB could have scored easily three goals. And if they don't give us two gifts I don't see us scoring more than one, maybe two. Our crisis is not over. We just got a break.

Wouldn’t say easily. Teams will always have some chances at this stage in the European cup.

Ali made a good save in the first half but that’s what he’s there for and why we paid big money for him.

Their only real chance came right at the end when a ball was played in behind Hendo and hwang hee chan put his shot wide. That could be a big problem going forward when we come up against a better team, presuming we get through.

It was a very strong, confident performance last night. We controlled the game completely and we were impressive.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #431: Feb 17, 2021 10:52:26 am

And we could have scored 2 or 3 more. Bobby shocking miss, Salah good save from Gulasci, Robbo was cms away
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #432: Feb 17, 2021 11:07:08 am
      So happy about last night. Saturday will be a tougher game.

Hopefully the ref protects us from head and knee hunters.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #433: Feb 17, 2021 11:17:24 am
      Great to get back to winning ways. For a player who’s had a lot of stick, just seen Salah has now scored more goals than last season, the guy is a machine.

Hopefully get the job done in the second leg and onto the quarters.
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #434: Feb 17, 2021 11:32:28 am
      Our crisis is not over. We just got a break.

And by F**k do we deserve that break!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #435: Feb 17, 2021 11:36:23 am

aye, and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #436: Feb 17, 2021 11:40:00 am
      Good win that.

Enjoyed the match as well, although it was a bit nervy at times.

Roll on the second leg.

Quick Reply