Trending Topics

Next match: Sheff Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 28th Feb @ 7:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Bramall Lane

Today is the 28th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W12 D4 L6

21 for 21: Part 3, the worst signing of the 21st century

Read 1163 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,465 posts | 414 
      Re: 21 for 21: Part 3, the worst signing of the 21st century
      Reply #25: Feb 20, 2021 01:28:07 pm
      At this rate, I'd rather like to see "the next wonderkid" thread; Suso, Pacheco etc, if those doesn't count in this thread.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,151 posts | 1716 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Feb 20, 2021 01:34:27 pm
      At this rate, I'd rather like to see "the next wonderkid" thread; Suso, Pacheco etc, if those doesn't count in this thread.

Ive at least 9 more weeks of time on my hands. Ill have a few more of these lists to come 😂
      RomaN
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 27 
      Reply #27: Feb 21, 2021 08:19:07 am
      Robbie Keane is an odd one in the sense he was a class player and should have been a star here. As you mentioned I think part of the problem was Rafa. Still wish Robbie had been given more time.

For me the one that currently sticks out is Moreno. Wonder goal against Tottenham but sh*t apart from that. Majorly at fault for our Europa leage final collapse against Sevilla.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 25,099 posts | 1366 
      Reply #28: Feb 21, 2021 11:05:37 am
      Robbie Keane is an odd one in the sense he was a class player and should have been a star here. As you mentioned I think part of the problem was Rafa. Still wish Robbie had been given more time.

For me the one that currently sticks out is Moreno. Wonder goal against Tottenham but sh*t apart from that. Majorly at fault for our Europa leage final collapse against Sevilla.

Keane was forced on Rafa. It was a signing that was never going to work as we had success with Gerrard playing just behind Torres so there was no need to interfere with that and add Keane to the mix. We needed to sign a top left winger that summer and we would have won the league.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,987 posts | 5031 
      Reply #29: Feb 21, 2021 11:12:40 am

Bollocks it was Rafa, Keane got his chances with Nando being injured early doors. If Keane was't such a smart arse i.e the f**king Atleti game in Madrid. Had a chance to put us 2 ahead with a simple tap in and instead tried some smart arse skill and fu**ed it up. F**k all to do with Rafa.

Quick Reply