Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

21 for 21: Part 3, the worst signing of the 21st century

Read 4156 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: 21 for 21: Part 3, the worst signing of the 21st century
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2021 01:07:52 pm
      If Keita can't turn it around soon does he come onto the list or does he get away with it as he was part of the squad that won the league and CL?

£55m and the guy can't string more than a couple of games in a row together.

As hes a current player he can, technically, turn it around.

However for me Id be cashing in on him this summer
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #24: Feb 20, 2021 01:27:20 pm
      At this rate, I'd like to see "the next wonderkid" thread; Suso, Pacheco etc
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #25: Feb 20, 2021 01:28:07 pm
      At this rate, I'd rather like to see "the next wonderkid" thread; Suso, Pacheco etc, if those doesn't count in this thread.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Feb 20, 2021 01:34:27 pm
      At this rate, I'd rather like to see "the next wonderkid" thread; Suso, Pacheco etc, if those doesn't count in this thread.

Ive at least 9 more weeks of time on my hands. Ill have a few more of these lists to come 😂
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #27: Feb 21, 2021 08:19:07 am
      Robbie Keane is an odd one in the sense he was a class player and should have been a star here. As you mentioned I think part of the problem was Rafa. Still wish Robbie had been given more time.

For me the one that currently sticks out is Moreno. Wonder goal against Tottenham but sh*t apart from that. Majorly at fault for our Europa leage final collapse against Sevilla.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #28: Feb 21, 2021 11:05:37 am
      Robbie Keane is an odd one in the sense he was a class player and should have been a star here. As you mentioned I think part of the problem was Rafa. Still wish Robbie had been given more time.

For me the one that currently sticks out is Moreno. Wonder goal against Tottenham but sh*t apart from that. Majorly at fault for our Europa leage final collapse against Sevilla.

Keane was forced on Rafa. It was a signing that was never going to work as we had success with Gerrard playing just behind Torres so there was no need to interfere with that and add Keane to the mix. We needed to sign a top left winger that summer and we would have won the league.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #29: Feb 21, 2021 11:12:40 am

Bollocks it was Rafa, Keane got his chances with Nando being injured early doors. If Keane was't such a smart arse i.e the F***ing Atleti game in Madrid. Had a chance to put us 2 ahead with a simple tap in and instead tried some smart arse skill and fu**ed it up. F**k all to do with Rafa.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #30: Mar 03, 2021 07:37:18 pm
      Quote from Brian78
      For what we forked out v what we got back is why I have him, and have hom so high. He wouldnt be near my worst ever players list ( I think)

Also these lists are just my own view defo open to debate, which is what I wsnt really.

He may not have been an instant hit but we know why Keane was kicked out after 6 months, and it was nothing to do with his ability or form. If every signing was judged after just 6 months, then anyone who didn't hit the ground running would be sold off. Fabinho, Robbo, Thiago, Keita etc.

I could fit any one if not all of El Zhar, Ngog, Nunez, Adam, Aquilani, Jovanovic, Traore, Diao, Aspas, Arphexad, Gonzalez or Vignal onto the list. So I don't know how you couldn't find a spot for any of them instead.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #31: Mar 04, 2021 08:22:45 am
      He may not have been an instant hit but we know why Keane was kicked out after 6 months, and it was nothing to do with his ability or form.

Cos he was a Rick Parry signing!!

Quick Reply