Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30087 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Feb 21, 2021 10:39:08 am
      Same thing as I was and he was a lot f**king calmer than Kabak was and won every header that came his way. Lad can hold his head high with the performances he's put in, let down by a lot of other senior players.

Who you on about? I was talking about kabak
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #829: Feb 21, 2021 10:39:12 am
      Doensn't look great from that angle and in super slow motion  but I'm still not sure he meant it or his momentum lifted the leg.

That lifting of the leg was all the reason the ref needed to give the pen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #830: Feb 21, 2021 10:41:58 am
      Who you on about? I was talking about kabak

Thought you meant Philips!! Kabak is suffering from not getting to grips with the spped of the English game. He was sound the other night, but has looked shaky in both league games. Go back to the Brighton game and Philips and Davies should of been tried.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #831: Feb 21, 2021 10:46:09 am
      Thought you meant Philips!! Kabak is suffering from not getting to grips with the spped of the English game. He was sound the other night, but has looked shaky in both league games. Go back to the Brighton game and Philips and Davies should of been tried.

Nah man. Jd said he thought kabak hadnt done much wrong but I thought he was sh*te.

Thought phillips was sound when he came on. Got skinned too easy for their second though
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #832: Feb 21, 2021 10:50:03 am
      Nah man. Jd said he thought kabak hadnt done much wrong but I thought he was sh*te.

Thought phillips was sound when he came on. Got skinned too easy for their second though

Kabak is foreign and young, so in my book will struggle a little bit in league games until fully up to speed with our game. For league games I'd play Philips and Davies and play Kabak in the European games.

That's the way I would of used them.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #833: Feb 21, 2021 10:55:08 am
      Kabak is foreign and young, so in my book will struggle a little bit in league games until fully up to speed with our game. For league games I'd play Philips and Davies and play Kabak in the European games.

Agreed. Kabak looked much more composed mid week against an opposition and style of play he was familiar with.

Will take him a few games to adjust to the PL.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #834: Feb 21, 2021 11:06:56 am
      https://twitter.com/minstrel69/status/1363205617767354368?s=08

In the interests of fairness at the time i wasnt happy but on this angle Trent knew what he was doing and was lucky to stay on the pitch.

But Calvert Lewin went over his head first, while Trent had his back to him. His knee went into Trents head. Never a pen in a million years.

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #835: Feb 21, 2021 11:07:12 am
      I think top 4 is still reachable ,our form and luck has to change surely ? World class players lose form for periods but not skill , I think Gini should make his mind up now ,going or staying ? Then we buy another class midfielder ,it's quite clear Ox and Shaq aren't staying much longer . Yesterday hurt us and hopefully the players too ! Onwards and upwards ! Crack on Jürgen lets get this sh*t behind us
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #836: Feb 21, 2021 11:10:49 am
      Thought it was a strange choice giving gini the armband when Hendo went off yesterday considering he won’t commit his future here and he’s playing like he wants to go.

Trent should have been given it.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #837: Feb 21, 2021 11:12:06 am
      But Calvert Lewin went over his head first, while Trent had his back to him. His knee went into Trents head. Never a pen in a million years.

Yep it's never a pen really.

It's just a case of things looking dodgy when slowed down like most sliding tackles. He's just been absolutely smashed in the head by Calvert-Lewin milliseconds before so I don't buy the idea that Trent knew what he was doing with his leg going up.

Scary as F**k that VAR has told the ref he's probably made a clear and obvious error and he's gone and barely looked at it. What an ego and shows the state of refereeing in this country right now.

Contrast it with the how well the midweek CL game was refereed.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Reply #838: Feb 21, 2021 11:12:27 am
      It will be hard to finish top 4 without Fabinho back. Thinking Hendo will be out at least a month. I think our center backs can make do, but we need to toughen up the midfield base, which in turn lets Thiago and Gini be more creative. That's far from the only thing wrong mind, but that is a big one.

I expect Klopp will try one more season with mainly the same squad, hoping a proper break and pre season regimen will get them back to their best. Maybe that is going to include Europa League, hard to know.

That's my fear the Europa League just cocks your season up playing Thursday nights.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #839: Feb 21, 2021 11:14:21 am

It's just a case of things looking dodgy when slowed down like most sliding tackles. He's just been absolutely smashed in the head by Calvert-Lewin milliseconds before so I don't buy the idea that Trent knew what he was doing with his leg going up.

Scary as f**k that VAR has told the ref he's probably made a clear and obvious error and he's gone and barely looked at it. What an ego and shows the state of refereeing in this country right now.

Like Souness said how many refs from England in the last World Cup they are incompetent compared to the majority of our overseas counterparts
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #840: Feb 21, 2021 11:16:54 am
      He's a F***ing gobs***e, Stuey. Just because he refers to an argument, that you're completely obsessed about, you are up his F***ing arse.

So anyone who questions our owners MO is "obsessed"?
      I rather think that hurling abuse and obscenities at people who quote facts and figures is an accurate definition of obsession.

The innuendo and myth  NESV have been able to create under Klopp has evaporated and their faulted economies exposed.

The genius of Klopp got them right out of the sh*t when previous managers were sacked repeatedly after failing to work under the owner's financial constrictions but even Jürgen cannot walk on water.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #841: Feb 21, 2021 11:22:13 am

Scary as f**k that VAR has told the ref he's probably made a clear and obvious error and he's gone and barely looked at it. What an ego and shows the state of refereeing in this country right now.

Yup seems like the refs want to become the stars to me. Make them explain their dodgy decisions from now on I say
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #842: Feb 21, 2021 11:25:12 am
      Players were up for it for 15-20 minutes of the second half, that was about it.

We deserve the loss.

I find it amazing that the pundits are ignoring the fact Anfield was only such a fortress because of the fans, they keep going on about how it is still a fortress and we should be winning there but hello you are ignoring the fact our not so secret weapon is no longer with the team.

I also think the players have mentality checked out of the PL, I think we have a real shot at winning the CL tbh, so whether its right or not wouldn't;t surprise me if some players are checked out of the PL and only focused on CL.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #843: Feb 21, 2021 11:27:23 am
      Any updates on Henderson?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #844: Feb 21, 2021 11:29:01 am

I agree, I can’t understand how Jürgen sees Phillips as good enough as sub but not good enough as a starter, Kabak is totally alien to how we play but Phillips has experience albeit only a few games, there is no doubt had Fabinho been fit he would have started, but now that Hendo is out again by the looks of it, Jürgen’s hand will be forced, and he’ll have to play either Phillips/ Kabak, Phillips/Davies or Kabak/Davies, as we haven’t seen Davies yet I doubt he’d play him with Kabak, but could do with Phillips, however way you look at it, it will mean our 19th different CB pairing of this season ,

I’m just wondering now that our defence has been decimated  by injury, is it now progressing onto our midfielders, Virgil, Joe, Joel, all out at the same time, and now we have , Henderson, Milner, Keita all out at the same time, who the F**k is next, Mo Mane & Bobby ?

This f***in season, honestly, cannot get any f***in worse can it ?  think some f**ker has cursed us ! !

Y  N  W  A
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #845: Feb 21, 2021 11:33:45 am

Scary as F**k that VAR has told the ref he's probably made a clear and obvious error and he's gone and barely looked at it. What an ego and shows the state of refereeing in this country right now.

This all day.
      Saw the ref award what was clearly not a pen, saw him dither and glance at the VAR, he looked so casual we thought 'thank F**k for that', could not believe the F***ing idiot pointed to the spot!!

How it looked was Trent went down and bollox hurled himself at the lad, Trent had his back to him so how is that a pen?
      All down to the FA,  refs can F**k up gloriously but anyone who comments is fined or banned.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #846: Feb 21, 2021 11:33:46 am

I agree, I can’t understand how Jürgen sees Phillips as good enough as sub but not good enough as a starter, Kabak is totally alien to how we play but Phillips has experience albeit only a few games, there is no doubt had Fabinho been fit he would have started, but now that Hendo is out again by the looks of it, Jürgen’s hand will be forced, and he’ll have to play either Phillips/ Kabak, Phillips/Davies or Kabak/Davies, as we haven’t seen Davies yet I doubt he’d play him with Kabak, but could do with Phillips, however way you look at it, it will mean our 19th different CB pairing of this season ,

I’m just wondering now that our defence has been decimated  by injury, is it now progressing onto our midfielders, Virgil, Joe, Joel, all out at the same time, and now we have , Henderson, Milner, Keita all out at the same time, who the f**k is next, Mo Mane & Bobby ?

This F**kin season, honestly, cannot get any f***in worse can it ?  think some f**ker has cursed us ! !

Y  N  W  A

I’d imagine SAF has made a blood deal with Lucifer himself to see us implode 😎

noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #847: Feb 21, 2021 11:48:47 am
      Has the neverton bus done it's tour yet.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #848: Feb 21, 2021 11:56:44 am
      Imagine saying this 2 months ago......

In the last 10 games Sheffield United have more points than us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #849: Feb 21, 2021 12:00:40 pm

How do my eyes unsee this?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #850: Feb 21, 2021 12:07:25 pm

They’d finish second if that happens?

Quick Reply