Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Fulham [Premier League] Sun 7th Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 6th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W5 D8 L8

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7875 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,880 posts | 444 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #950: Feb 22, 2021 07:35:03 am
      same as last few games, we played well in parts, gave away a cheap early goal, tho it was a cracking pass tbf. Then we just couldnt score, pickford played well, then the ref gave that fekin penalty.

When its goes wrong it bloody goes wrong for us just now. DOH !
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,440 posts | 614 
      Reply #951: Feb 22, 2021 09:09:13 am
      Ok, this is what will happen if Klopp plays like that.

1) Weaker teams will literally just pass to themselves within their half and be content with a draw. You'd need to run into their half to chase the ball but that would mean you'd have a huge gap in midfield that'd need to be closed...and we're back with pulling CB's high.

I'd be content with that. Would love some points on the board  :f_whistle:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,880 posts | 444 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #952: Feb 22, 2021 09:39:51 am
      I'd be content with that. Would love some points on the board  :f_whistle:

Fuk Id bite your hands off right now to convert a few of those losses into draws the past few weeks. ;D
      Andyd
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #953: Feb 22, 2021 10:26:34 am
      The warning signs where there back in April when Watford totally outplayed us.
      ozi_wozzy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,519 posts | 284 
      Reply #954: Feb 22, 2021 01:15:45 pm

Christ almighty.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2021/02/like-roy-keane-are-you-too-simple-to-understand-liverpools-situation/

Not sure if this was posted before but superb read and well worth the time to do so in the current twitter, soundbite age.

Our problems are very deep and not the fault of manager, owners or particular players.

ozi_wozzy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,519 posts | 284 
      Reply #955: Feb 22, 2021 01:17:46 pm

Another troll signs up for the show...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,033 posts | 3189 
      Reply #956: Feb 22, 2021 02:05:04 pm
      Another troll signs up for the show...

Mad isn't it.

They're like f**king locusts.

Soon as we start winning they'll disappear again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,022 posts | 5050 
      Reply #957: Feb 22, 2021 08:30:30 pm

Close try, it was actually March.

What were the warning signs back then? That both central defenders would end up fu**ed, two of the three midfielders would end up centre-backs and fu**ed, the world would stop, fans wouldn't be allowed in the ground.

You picked all that up from that Watford game? Boss you la, give us next week's lotto numbers kidda?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,108 posts | 623 
      Reply #958: Feb 22, 2021 08:41:08 pm
      Quote from LiverpoolsFinest
      This isn't even a critism of the team, just the know it all gobshites on here who claimed anyone who didn't agree with their "everything is rosey" view were WUM's and clueless.

Laughing at them right now in the face of how utterly abject we have become.

Quote from fields of anny rd
      Haha that was some bizarre stuff in fairness. Failed to notice the trends of results.

By that same token its becoming more and more unlikely now we make top 4.

So how many of you knew then that the team would go into complete freefall?

Well done though, give yourselves a pat on the back about how you were all right and everyone else was wrong. Everything hasn't been rosy for months, but fans were certainly right at the time not to jump overboard before the season reached the halfway mark. While the picture is clearer now, they certainly should at least be watching the game and getting behind the team, rather than boasting about how right they were all along, during the event. None of us could foresee the sickening extent of the damage done over the past number of weeks, or the keeper literally kicking the season away, with injuries mounting, points dropped, records crumbling etc every week. But there's 8 days to the next game, lots of time for the inquests to be held and the obituaries to be written, without the need for people to throw personal insults around the thread like confetti.

Quote from Rush Goalie
      Everything that can go wrong this season has, our first five picks at CB all currently injured? It's unbelievable.
      Each game is seeming like a carbon copy, we aren't actually playing that bad we've just lost that killer edge, that maybe no fans being in which gives the players a lift and Jota not being available is putting no pressure to perform on the front three.
      F**k Everton let them have their moment they're still sh*te, we've won European, World and Premier League titles in the last two years, they've won... At Anfield.. When the open top bus parade?

To them, beating us is their equivalent of winning silverware. The whole point of their existence is to beat us, in games, tables, competitions. The fact our own fans consider them important doesn't help either. They've done nothing for 25 years. Everton may be a big club on Merseyside but nowadays, they're as big as Southport to the rest of the world. Hence the media reaction that comes about when the derby doesn't follow the usual script.

Once they went ahead, they could sit there and dictate the game, and watch us trying various attempts at banging the door down. We tried running through them, didn't work. We tried crosses, didn't work. We tried short corners, didn't work. We tried long range efforts, didn't work. We tried wearing them down with possession, didn’t work. We tried subs, didn't work. We even tried the last resort option, Origi. Nothing worked. I don't see a lack of effort or heart or desire, but I can't put my finger on why exactly we've slumped from 6 points clear on Christmas Day to 6th spot in a couple of months. It's probably a combination of different factors, most of which we have little or no control over.

You could make a valid argument either way for why the penalty should be awarded or overturned. Ultimately only one decision could be made, and obviously the ref decided that there was enough contact to give it. We don't like it, but tbh if it was down the other end, we would all be baying for it, wouldn't we?

About 15 years ago, we released the Great Victories Over Everton DVD, where Louis Emerick showed another side to him than his role in Brookside. It was great that there was a wide range of wins on it, home wins, away wins, neutral ground wins, replays, cup finals, comebacks, walkovers, penalties, piledrivers, scrambles, last minute jobs, the lot. But there was only one edition as we discovered that DVD's about winning tin sold more. Chances are we'll win some more tin before they come close to winning another derby. After all, making DVD's about winning tins is what big clubs do.

Quote from Brown1

Right I've had enough. I just want to say that if there's any mod positions going, I'm willing to offer my services to help with the clean up.
      CurraghRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #959: Feb 22, 2021 08:49:48 pm
      Mane scored around 15 minutes into the game against W.B.A. on 27th December.

5 minutes later we where walking around the pitch as if the league was over, all went downhill from there when they came out and played us off the pitch in the 2nd half.

Stuck in my mind that day and still does today.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,391 posts | 1140 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #960: Feb 22, 2021 08:57:30 pm

Right I've had enough. I just want to say that if there's any mod positions going, I'm willing to offer my services to help with the clean up.

I can spot a wum manc a mile away, you have my services too.  ;D
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,371 posts | 2668 
      Reply #961: Feb 22, 2021 09:10:53 pm
      Well if you'd consider moving Jürgen on for someone else [and who btw?!] - after the job he has done, and the circumstance of this season - hard to know what to say to that.

is that what I said?
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | 121 
      Reply #962: Feb 22, 2021 09:13:15 pm
      Radio Merseyside phone in, Everton fans "I'm still on cloud nine, I haven't come down" 😂.
      They've beaten a depleted out of form Liverpool side and they think they've won the Champions League.. Fair play they deserved the win I've got no problems with that but they are a such a bitter small time club.
      A trophy less season for Liverpool amounts to a successful season for Everton 😉.
      It's heartening to know our comeback will hurt others so much as I've every faith we'll be back , the ultimate last laugh could yet come in May 🤞.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,371 posts | 2668 
      Reply #963: Feb 22, 2021 09:14:02 pm
      I can spot a wum manc a mile away, you have my services too.  ;D

Yeah why not, lets have a Manc as a Mod on a Liverpool forum ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,391 posts | 1140 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #964: Feb 22, 2021 09:21:12 pm
      Yeah why not, lets have a Manc as a Mod on a Liverpool forum ;-)

Haven't you got a few answers pending Heimy or we still on selective hearing.  ;D
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,201 posts | 680 
      Reply #965: Feb 22, 2021 09:39:36 pm
      Mad isn't it.

Said it after we beat Leipzig very inconspicuous by there absence then when we get beat they are out like flies around sh*t buzzing around trying to get bites
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,526 posts | 977 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #966: Feb 22, 2021 10:10:47 pm
      We are painful to watch at the moment. It's quite simple for me on my assessment of the situation. Regardless of our massive injury crisis we look physically burned out. It doesn't help that the players you'd think would be chomping at the bit to grab their opportunity to make the most of this rare chance to prove their worth actually look like they couldn't give a f**k.

We are a shell of the team we were 3 months ago. Jürgen has a system in place that coaches the players the same way from the youth team all the way through to the first team. I completely understand we are going through a horrific injury crisis at the moment but i see no reason why we look so disjointed.

That gegenpress is gone, i don't see it anymore. I fully trust that Klopp will sort this out but the players have to man up. Really feeling for Klopp at the moment. At a time when he needs unrelenting support from those around him at the Club he is being let down.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,440 posts | 614 
      Reply #967: Feb 22, 2021 10:43:11 pm
      Close try, it was actually March.

What were the warning signs back then? That both central defenders would end up fu**ed, two of the three midfielders would end up centre-backs and fu**ed, the world would stop, fans wouldn't be allowed in the ground.

You picked all that up from that Watford game? Boss you la, give us next week's lotto numbers kidda?

To be fair, it was obvious a long while back - certainly from when we restarted our 19/20 season. Watford loss was only 2 games before the season was put on hold. It was obvious to anyone willing to look.

We've been off the boil for near a year.

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,371 posts | 2668 
      Reply #968: Feb 22, 2021 11:02:51 pm
      Haven't you got a few answers pending Heimy or we still on selective hearing.  ;D

Remind me please.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,022 posts | 5050 
      Reply #969: Feb 23, 2021 01:40:56 am
      To be fair, it was obvious a long while back - certainly from when we restarted our 19/20 season. Watford loss was only 2 games before the season was put on hold. It was obvious to anyone willing to look.

We've been off the boil for near a year.

So same time as the fans have been missing, quelle surprise, again that's been pretty obvious. To tie this season in with basically the run-in when we already had the league wrapped up is ridiculous. The end of last season could easily be put down to the exerts of the previous how many months of relentlessly winning games. This season is different.

The simple way to put it is the old example of if you take parts out of car and put in slightly inferior parts do you expect that machine to still work? The system is currently malfunctioning due to players being played out of position due to injuries and it's affecting the whole team.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,391 posts | 1140 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #970: Feb 23, 2021 07:51:14 am

You've already had that in top right hand corner when it goes yellow.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,197 posts | 1963 
      Reply #971: Feb 23, 2021 08:48:51 am
      Christ almighty.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2021/02/like-roy-keane-are-you-too-simple-to-understand-liverpools-situation/

Not sure if this was posted before but superb read and well worth the time to do so in the current twitter, soundbite age.

Our problems are very deep and not the fault of manager, owners or particular players.
      he has another one, a follow up,  I linked to from the Perspective thread. Also well done.[https://tomkinstimes.com/2021/02/liverpool-dont-lack-leaders-or-quality-they-have-plenty-at-the-kirkby-rehab-gym/
      ]
      ozi_wozzy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,519 posts | 284 
      Reply #972: Feb 23, 2021 12:33:57 pm
      Mad isn't it.

Maybe there's a factory in China that mass produce them at times of stress. It's quite impressive how quickly they spawn out of nowhere.
      ozi_wozzy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,519 posts | 284 
      Reply #973: Feb 23, 2021 12:41:47 pm

Cheers for that, hadn't checked his updates. Another excellent read.

Trouble is, too many unwilling to listen or invest time to digest this sort of in depth analysis.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,033 posts | 3189 
      Reply #974: Feb 23, 2021 01:24:26 pm
      Cheers for that, hadn't checked his updates. Another excellent read.

Trouble is, too many unwilling to listen or invest time to digest this sort of in depth analysis.

I know Tomkins has a tendency to view things through red specs, but a lot of the time he's actually spot on.

Probably my favourite LFC writer, and his site has some great contributors as well.

Quick Reply