Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30102 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Feb 20, 2021 11:40:23 pm

Feel like it's groundhog Day though, that ended well in the end boom !
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #783: Feb 20, 2021 11:42:24 pm
      Feel like it's groundhog Day though, that ended well in the end boom !

Groundhog week! Locked in your home monday - Friday & then spend your weekend getting depressed courtesy of the reds 😂
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #784: Feb 20, 2021 11:50:47 pm
      I an leathered just watched motd and someone actually said Richalerson could get ballon whatever f**king unbeliverble neadless to say i wont ever watch motd ever again unbelivable
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #785: Feb 20, 2021 11:58:49 pm
      Just read someone say..... we’ve Sheffield Utd and Fulham next so that’ll be 6 points to get us back on track...

Made me laugh at least
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #786: Feb 21, 2021 12:06:33 am
      Seems the players need the full crowd, behind them, to get them back on track. Heads seemingly go down far too easily without the backing of the Kop.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Reply #787: Feb 21, 2021 12:10:19 am
      Groundhog week! Locked in your home monday - Friday & then spend your weekend getting depressed courtesy of the reds 😂

Could be worse, for the last 20 years someone's posted the same on s blueshites forum
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #788: Feb 21, 2021 12:17:18 am
      Seems the players need the full crowd, behind them, to get them back on track. Heads seemingly go down far too easily without the backing of the Kop.

I agree. It has had a huge, negative impact on us. We’re known for getting behind the team and our lads give us that extra bit of effort because of it.

I also think it’s had an impact on other teams but for the better too. Take everton for example. Their fans are known for booing their players and getting on their backs. It can be quite hostile. Can you imagine their reaction when they lost to Fulham the other day? Then they’d have gone into today’s game low on confidence, sh*t scared to make a mistake. But they’re not playing under that type of pressure at the moment and they’re benefitting as a result.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #789: Feb 21, 2021 12:19:13 am
      We lost to Everton at home and the saddest thing is no one on here is surprised. Just let that statement sink in.

We go again next week. It ain't over until it's over
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #790: Feb 21, 2021 12:24:41 am
      Could be worse, for the last 20 years someone's posted the same on s blueshites forum

Ha well said.

I don't begrudge Evertonians their little day once every 21 years at all.  Been absolutely brilliant supporting Liverpool these past few years so if this is the payback then fair enough.  Worth it.

Tough patch for the reds but it was always was going to be difficult this season.  We all know we got lucky with injuries the last couple of years and our strong XI has been massively exposed into our weaker 20 man squad.  You can't get away with having 18 different centre-back partnerships in half a season.  Be amazing if they finished top four if we're being honest on the basis of that.  Couple that with the fact the rest of the boys have been underperforming after 3 years of some pretty hard graft on the body. 

Not making excuses.  They've been all over the place with team selection, most of them have played total sh*t and the league table doesn't lie.  Waited 30 years for them to win the league.  Got plenty of patience for them to sort it out eventually.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #791: Feb 21, 2021 12:36:53 am
      Zero passion or fight in these players, maybe the intensity of the last two years has been too much.

Champions don’t let sh*t teams like Burnley or Brighton turn them over at their own citadel - they have given up which is unforgivable.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Reply #792: Feb 21, 2021 12:47:33 am
      Everything that can go wrong this season has, our first five picks at CB all currently injured? It's unbelievable.
      Each game is seeming like a carbon copy, we aren't actually playing that bad we've just lost that killer edge, that maybe no fans being in which gives the players a lift and Jota not being available is putting no pressure to perform on the front three.
      F**k Everton let them have their moment they're still sh*te, we've won European, World and Premier League titles in the last two years, they've won... At Anfield.. When the open top bus parade?
      As for us who knows what will happen in CL but we've got to start a run in next game as fourth is looking dicey now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #793: Feb 21, 2021 12:49:16 am
      Jürgen wasted no time putting Kabak in but at the same time decided to bench Phillips, who had done nothing wrong whenever he played. Today he was solid once again after coming in. That’s on Jürgen and no one else.

But that is not our biggest issue, which is an absolute lack of intensity and freaking pride out on the pitch. After what Everton did to us earlier in the season we should have come out like we did against Barcelona and chased them around like a pack of hungry dogs. Instead we were asleep and got scored on needlessly. The second biggest problem, or 1A problem, is that our top scorers forgot how to score at home. The amount of chances they have missed is unreal. The fact that our last goal from open play at Anfield was back in December is all from personal performance.

How does that happen? With service and the front three aren't getting it, because the midfield isn't strong enough to provide it. They got swamped today and there is no one there to put a foot in. Thiago tries but generally gets booked. Plus there is absolutely F**k all cover for defence. The midfield is the engine room on the pitch and it's stuttering like F**k.

OUR biggest problem is leaving the b***ard ball winning midfielders in defence.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #794: Feb 21, 2021 12:53:04 am
      How does that happen? With service and the front three aren't getting it, because the midfield isn't strong enough to provide it. They got swamped today and there is no one there to put a foot in. Thiago tries but generally gets booked. Plus there is absolutely f**k all cover for defence. The midfield is the engine room on the pitch and it's stuttering like f**k.

OUR biggest problem is leaving the b***ard ball winning midfielders in defence.

It is but if you look at our xG for the game we should have won just like quite a few games this season, the front three are not delivering even though the defence are committing basic errors.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #795: Feb 21, 2021 12:55:19 am
      Better than Kabak on the evidence so far...

I still honestly think he needs to adjust to the pace of the English game, looked alright midweek, but looked jittery against Leicester and today. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #796: Feb 21, 2021 12:58:59 am
      It is but if you look at our xG for the game we should have won just like quite a few games this season, the front three are not delivering even though the defence are committing basic errors.

I still say the front three aren't delivering cos the service to them is F***ing crap. Some of the crosses overhit, corners underhit, hitting first man etc etc. It's not just on the front free, it's the whole team.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #797: Feb 21, 2021 01:07:57 am
      Kabak has potential. For a defender he is still young and will make mistakes. He also needs time to settle.

If you look back in recent months, Allison, TAA, kabak, Williams and Phillips have made big, costly mistakes.
      Add to that our midfield isn’t functioning properly and is unbalanced and you have an easy target for the opposition to attack. It’s too easy to play against us.
      But it’s also down to our front three forgetting how to score and the decision making from our strikers is sometimes baffling.

This form isn’t down to one player, it’s the entire team suffering from zero confidence, zero belief and zero luck.

This season can still be saved. We are only 3 points off 4th and are still in Europe but failure to qualify for champions league next season could seriously affect our progress.

Before our second leg in Europe we have sheff Utd (A) and then Chelsea and Fulham at anfield. We can still turn it around, but it has to start soon.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #798: Feb 21, 2021 01:08:55 am
      Was working tonight so gladly never had to watch it. But from what I hear it was much of the same.

The problems definitely stems from our issues at centre half and having to play players out of position in there. And the injuries aren't helping.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #799: Feb 21, 2021 01:10:22 am
      Kabak has potential. For a defender he is still young and will make mistakes. He also needs time to settle.

For a 20 year old I honestly don't think hes done a lot wrong. And Phillips and him did more than well enough today. It was the sh*te in front of them that let us down.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #800: Feb 21, 2021 01:21:44 am
      For a 20 year old I honestly don't think hes done a lot wrong. And Phillips and him did more than well enough today. It was the sh*te in front of them that let us down.

I agree with Phillips and Kabak in the CB. I'd rather let them build a partnership for now and keep the midfield fresh with 3 of Gini, Milner, Hendo, Fab, Thiago, Ox, Keita and Jones. We can rotate through and help protect the back 4 through positioning. Ultimately we need Jota back as Origi and Shaquiri are not really freshening things up.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #801: Feb 21, 2021 01:38:01 am
      I'd rather let them build a partnership for now and keep the midfield fresh with 3 of Gini, Milner, Hendo, Fab, Thiago, Ox, Keita and Jones.

Entirely agree. We've spent too long worrying about how other teams could hurt us and not enough about us hurting other teams.

I don't want to see Henderson or Fabinho in defence again in these last 13 games. The best footballers are midfielders and thats where we need to win all our battles.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #802: Feb 21, 2021 01:48:53 am
      Entirely agree. We've spent too long worrying about how other teams could hurt us and not enough about us hurting other teams.

I don't want to see Henderson or Fabinho in defence again in these last 13 games. The best footballers are midfielders and thats where we need to win all our battles.

Boom. Anyway you can talk to Klopp for us?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #803: Feb 21, 2021 01:53:35 am

What on earth where you watching? He was all over the place.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #804: Feb 21, 2021 01:57:41 am
      What on earth where you watching? He was all over the place.

I was watching the match mate. Best 20 year old centre back I've seen play for any Champions.

I could probably name at least 8 players who had worse games than him.

Quick Reply