Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29390 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Feb 21, 2021 01:59:34 am
      I was watching the match mate. Best 20 year old centre back I've seen play for any Champions.

I could probably name at least 8 players who had worse games than him.

You been on the bevs? The lad was all over the place and couldn’t do basic things to the point even the commentary were making excuses for him, blaming the wind.

Naming 8 sh*t players doesn’t excuse the fact kabak was also sh*te.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #806: Feb 21, 2021 02:03:10 am
      You been on the bevs? The lad was all over the place and couldn’t do basic things to the point even the commentary were making excuses for him, blaming the wind.

Naming 8 sh*t players doesn’t excuse the fact kabak was also sh*te.

If it makes you feel better then stick it into the kid who is making his first appearance at Anfield. We all love a scapegoat.

Fact is its the fellas earning 10 times as much who are letting us down.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #807: Feb 21, 2021 02:08:42 am
      If it makes you feel better then stick it into the kid who is making his first appearance at Anfield. We all love a scapegoat.

Fact is its the fellas earning 10 times as much who are letting us down.

Not making anybody a scapegoat. Don’t think anybody played well today apart from Trent maybe.

Against Leicester he had nothing to do for 75 mins then he was all over the place for the last 15. Against leipzig I thought he did well, but it was more him doing what he was asked and he didn’t make any major mistakes. But tonight he was bloody all over the place. His age is irrelevant, he had a shocker. Can’t excuse his performance just because he isn’t 32.

To say you don’t think he did much wrong I’ve no idea what you were watching. Watch it back (if you can stomach it) and I bet you see at least half a dozen errors that should be just simple, basic defending.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #808: Feb 21, 2021 02:20:42 am
      To say you don’t think he did much wrong I’ve no idea what you were watching. Watch it back (if you can stomach it) and I bet you see at least half a dozen errors that should be just simple, basic defending.

Don't need to fall out with you. Dont think he played badly. My personal opinion.

I think we both know we're not in the state we are because of a lad we bought at the end of January.

If the likes of Fabinho, Gomez, Henderson, Keita, Matip could get their bodies capable of playing for 3 hours a week we'd be in a much better place.

Serious major injuries aside we do seem to have a lot of players for whom perhaps a contact sport might not be a long term future.

Hopefully something we address so that these lads who do need rest periods can make us a better squad.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #809: Feb 21, 2021 02:53:42 am
      Don't need to fall out with you. Dont think he played badly. My personal opinion.

I think we both know we're not in the state we are because of a lad we bought at the end of January.

If the likes of Fabinho, Gomez, Henderson, Keita, Matip could get their bodies capable of playing for 3 hours a week we'd be in a much better place.

Serious major injuries aside we do seem to have a lot of players for whom perhaps a contact sport might not be a long term future.

Hopefully something we address so that these lads who do need rest periods can make us a better squad.

Fair enough, I thought he had a terrible time myself.

Agree with the rest. Is it those individuals who are brittle or is it klopps intense football though? It’s not just match days our lads get injured is it, they seem to pick up knocks in training quite regularly too.

I remember when Klopp first took over and within a couple of months we had a dozen or so lads out all with muscle injuries.

I’m not aware of Naby having any injury problems before he came here, or matip. Then the likes of Lallana are now ruined after playing here.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #810: Feb 21, 2021 03:26:57 am
      Klopps tactics absolutely work, there's no denying that. However, at what cost? We have a bunch of guys out hurt, a lot of others look run into the ground. Robbo and Gini look completely burnt out. TAA and Bobby havent looked good in damn near a year. Even our keepers get hurt in training. None of us are prevy to what happens in training, but guys keep coming up lame and we barely rotate as it is.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #811: Feb 21, 2021 06:11:36 am
      The spine of our side is broken. We have gone from Van Dijk Gomez Hendo Fab Gini Bobby

To Kabak Phillips Thiago Gini Cirtis Bobby.

Right down the middle of the field we are easy to beat.

The centre half scenario I have little sympathy with. Nobody made us keep with 3 first team centre halves or forced us to buy from a bargain bin throughout January. We now face the nightmare scenario of having to actually use these players and not because our engine room in midfield is able to return there, but because that is now injired too.

The injury to Jota was extremely avoidable too. I remember reading our team sheet against that Danish side in a dead rubber feeling totally bemused by it.

We are really down to the scraps now with a midfield 3 that needs to play with 2 piano carriers in Hendo Fab/Milner. I would argue ideally only 1 of those midfield 3 would play as our luxury option.

Behind that we have a back line Jürgen has done everything in his power to keep from the firing line. Kabak, Phillips and Davies.

It wont take much to beat that in the Premier league where teams are more than happy to win without a long term strategy, happy to snatch 3 vital points by sitting in and waiting for the mistakes to happen.

Every game is the same sadly. Poor mistakes when not a lot is happening leading to goals and some highly questionable penalties given against us which initially comes about from a moment of panic. Must be 7 or 8 games now we have lost like we did yesterday, with the pattern set to continue.

Sheffield United the leagues bottom side but with a huge chance of beating us next weekend, just on the basis of how they play naturally feeding into the way we haye sides to play.

In the CL we have been okay. Teams like having the ball for the most part and keep the games open for our front 3 to have their moment. In the prem we have all the ball and none of key moments. Eventually we will come up against a side like Atleti again who will beat us through a low block annoying style or a Bayern, PSG, City who will just simply be good enough to take the gane to us and win outright.

Not much left for this season really. We look like hitting a points total in the 50s.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #812: Feb 21, 2021 07:45:18 am
      This may be a bit of a crazy I've-just-woken-up idea but I would actually like to see us set up like this when our short-term injuries return:

Alisson

Trent            Kabak                   Davies       Robbo

Fab                      Hendo

Salah            Bobby/Gini/Shaq/Jones           Sadio/Jota

Divock

It marks a departure from our 4-3-3 that has served us so well up until the recent drop-off.

However, something many of us have noticed is we are nowhere near as decisive and pro-active in the final third. The amount of times Mané has gone to attack and then we end up going back to Ali is ridiculous. I think that having a 'target man' of sorts in Divock would actually speed up our attack as we could play more direct in order to get the ball forward. This would enable the 'swarming' that we have done in recent years. We need to attack quickly!

I disagree with the notion that Divock isn't good enough because he has shown his quality on a number of occasions over the last few years, just hasn't been given a run in the team to find some consistency. What have we really got to lose? Our front 3 in their current state, only Mo will score and that won't change in this system.

Be interested to see everyone's thoughts^

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #813: Feb 21, 2021 07:59:41 am
      I wasn’t going to bother posting post match comments after yesterday, but after reading through  some of the utter F***ing garbage and typical plastic fan reactions I thought I may as well contribute, so here’s my tuppence worth.....

...we have been f***in sh*te for months now, even before the end of last season, and if we are all totally honest since we were crowned Champions, since then we have been going downhill, the games we played immediately after lifting the epl trophy we were sh*te, we all put it down to having a massive collective hangover & the no longer required intensity having reached our holy grail, then the season ended eventually amongst this extraordinary and unprecedented year, and then almost immediately started a new one, in hindsight now, in my opinion, we should never have started a new season, and I mean football in general not just in the UK, but we did, and as we all know, we didn’t actually have much of a pre-season nor the chance for players, especially  our players to rest, recuperate & re-charge batteries,

We started fairly well, we were where we were expected to be as Champions, not at our best but chugging along without any real issues, then BOOM, we get N-Everton away and the double GBH assault on Virgil & Thiago, and the rest is history, well sort of, ....

Alisson Becker, Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Trent AA, Fabinho, Naby Keita, James Milner, Jordan Henderson, Sheridan Shaqiri, Roberto Firmino, Thiago Alcantara, Diogo Jota...

All of those players , look at them, look at their names, and look where they play in our team, Four of them are our back 4, two out for the whole season, one injury prone & unreliable, and one who is fatigued, all of those players were the reason we became Champions,

The next four are part of our engine, & the steel, they dictate play, protect the back 4 and supply the front three with the kind of service that wins you titles, one of them is our Captain who is pivotal in how we control tempo, fluidity and keeps  everyone in the loop, another is our vice captain and most experienced player we have, he’s the one we turn to when we hit a sticky patch or when things aren’t quite going to plan, one is our protector and provides cover all along the back line, breaks up attacks and sets up our attack, the last but not least one we still haven’t seen the best of, he’s a jack of all trades, he can defend and attack, he likes to get forward and join everything together,

That’s ten, yes you read it right, Ten of our players who won us the Premier League title last season, Four of which are long term season ending injuries, Six are long period injuries, like Six weeks or more, and two of them are this season signings both out long term, like  8 - 10 weeks,

Where is the spine of our team, where is the midfield of our team, all of those players aside from one or two form part the system we play, they are regular starters, first name on the team sheet, can you imagine any other team, squad, club anywhere in the world who could cope with what we as a club have had to this season in particular?

It’s not about FSG being tight bas**rds and they don’t back Jürgen, that’s just sheer and utter ignorance of our state of play, look at our injuries, look at what we have as back up, our bench, no one hardly complained about the bench last season when we we’re pissing all over the league, this season is done for me aside from the CL, WE WILL finish top 4, I have absolutely no qualms about that at all, we have just completed real tough period of games, we have players on the periphery returning from injury for a much needed boost, and, ppl, we are not playing that badly when you consider the players we have missing, We will turn this around, we just need to keep believing,

there are a few of you on here who purportedly are our fans, You know who you are , You have been called out by posters on here, some are obviously trolls from other clubs winding us up, I don’t care who they are cos their all cu*ts to me, I’ve had one or two run ins with them already so I’m not sinking to their levels, but I do think if bona fide posters should out these plastic cu*ts at every opportunity without fear of the Mods handling out bans, maybe for new members it would be a good idea to have a longer ‘On Trial’ period, say first 50 posts, I dunno, but what is clear is that there are too many WUMS & Trolls filtering through, I’ve been posting since 2008 and never known this forum to have as many negative contributions as there is now, but we’re Champions, go figure?

Y  N  W  A

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #814: Feb 21, 2021 08:41:30 am
      Damn - it wasn’t just a nightmare 😫😫
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #815: Feb 21, 2021 09:09:26 am
      Think we have officially turned in to the Arsenal team of a few years ago who could play pretty football with no end result.

YNWA
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #816: Feb 21, 2021 09:16:37 am
      .....how long did Ranieri last in the next season? just sayin......
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #817: Feb 21, 2021 09:24:59 am
      https://twitter.com/minstrel69/status/1363205617767354368?s=08

In the interests of fairness at the time i wasnt happy but on this angle Trent knew what he was doing and was lucky to stay on the pitch.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #818: Feb 21, 2021 09:25:41 am
      Regarding Kabak, i was one of the guys who was bashing him while the game was on. Its not his fault we lost, cuz our whole team was sh*te. He is a young lad, and although he had a bad game yesterday. I hope he can turn it around for the rest of the season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #819: Feb 21, 2021 09:38:30 am
      I wasn’t going to bother posting post match comments after yesterday, but after reading through  some of the utter f**king garbage and typical plastic fan reactions I thought I may as well contribute, so here’s my tuppence worth.....

...we have been f***in sh*te for months now, even before the end of last season, and if we are all totally honest since we were crowned Champions, since then we have been going downhill, the games we played immediately after lifting the epl trophy we were sh*te, we all put it down to having a massive collective hangover & the no longer required intensity having reached our holy grail, then the season ended eventually amongst this extraordinary and unprecedented year, and then almost immediately started a new one, in hindsight now, in my opinion, we should never have started a new season, and I mean football in general not just in the UK, but we did, and as we all know, we didn’t actually have much of a pre-season nor the chance for players, especially  our players to rest, recuperate & re-charge batteries,

We started fairly well, we were where we were expected to be as Champions, not at our best but chugging along without any real issues, then BOOM, we get N-Everton away and the double GBH assault on Virgil & Thiago, and the rest is history, well sort of, ....

Alisson Becker, Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Trent AA, Fabinho, Naby Keita, James Milner, Jordan Henderson, Sheridan Shaqiri, Roberto Firmino, Thiago Alcantara, Diogo Jota...

All of those players , look at them, look at their names, and look where they play in our team, Four of them are our back 4, two out for the whole season, one injury prone & unreliable, and one who is fatigued, all of those players were the reason we became Champions,

The next four are part of our engine, & the steel, they dictate play, protect the back 4 and supply the front three with the kind of service that wins you titles, one of them is our Captain who is pivotal in how we control tempo, fluidity and keeps  everyone in the loop, another is our vice captain and most experienced player we have, he’s the one we turn to when we hit a sticky patch or when things aren’t quite going to plan, one is our protector and provides cover all along the back line, breaks up attacks and sets up our attack, the last but not least one we still haven’t seen the best of, he’s a jack of all trades, he can defend and attack, he likes to get forward and join everything together,

That’s ten, yes you read it right, Ten of our players who won us the Premier League title last season, Four of which are long term season ending injuries, Six are long period injuries, like Six weeks or more, and two of them are this season signings both out long term, like  8 - 10 weeks,

Where is the spine of our team, where is the midfield of our team, all of those players aside from one or two form part the system we play, they are regular starters, first name on the team sheet, can you imagine any other team, squad, club anywhere in the world who could cope with what we as a club have had to this season in particular?

It’s not about FSG being tight bas**rds and they don’t back Jürgen, that’s just sheer and utter ignorance of our state of play, look at our injuries, look at what we have as back up, our bench, no one hardly complained about the bench last season when we we’re pissing all over the league, this season is done for me aside from the CL, WE WILL finish top 4, I have absolutely no qualms about that at all, we have just completed real tough period of games, we have players on the periphery returning from injury for a much needed boost, and, ppl, we are not playing that badly when you consider the players we have missing, We will turn this around, we just need to keep believing,

there are a few of you on here who purportedly are our fans, You know who you are , You have been called out by posters on here, some are obviously trolls from other clubs winding us up, I don’t care who they are cos their all cu*ts to me, I’ve had one or two run ins with them already so I’m not sinking to their levels, but I do think if bona fide posters should out these plastic cu*ts at every opportunity without fear of the Mods handling out bans, maybe for new members it would be a good idea to have a longer ‘On Trial’ period, say first 50 posts, I dunno, but what is clear is that there are too many WUMS & Trolls filtering through, I’ve been posting since 2008 and never known this forum to have as many negative contributions as there is now, but we’re Champions, go figure?

Y  N  W  A

Only true Liverpool fans can see perspective like this mate.

Something needs to be done to protect this forum from the influx of wum's and trolls.

Having an opinion is one thing but just bashing the club with constant negative posts when we are going through a very difficult period for obvious reasons is something else.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #820: Feb 21, 2021 09:40:54 am
      https://twitter.com/minstrel69/status/1363205617767354368?s=08

In the interests of fairness at the time i wasnt happy but on this angle Trent knew what he was doing and was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Doensn't look great from that angle and in super slow motion  but I'm still not sure he meant it or his momentum lifted the leg.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #821: Feb 21, 2021 09:45:04 am
      Ah the morning after the night before!!

Another game where we have not played bad but we just cant score. Trex arms made some good saves and we missed some we shoukdnt have.

Either way tough to take. 4 losses in a row at Anfield Jesus...Do sh*t teams even lose that many in a row at home?

By the way this media crap of it being the worst title defence is a myth. Leicester finished mid table the season after they won it, they lost 18. The year they did win it Chelsea were defending champions, they finished mid table to losing 12. So while we have given it back with a whimper dont let the media make ye think its first time its gobe like that for champions
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #822: Feb 21, 2021 09:52:00 am
      How so when it is only fact he states!
      The manager should have been allowed to go for quality back up in view of our success last season, bargain basement signings was what we got.

"The money is there" stated FSG - and that's where it f**king remains.
      We now contemplate the results of their "wisdom".

He's a F***ing gobs***e, Stuey. Just because he refers to an argument, that you're completely obsessed about, you are up his F***ing arse.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #823: Feb 21, 2021 10:03:51 am
      Only true Liverpool fans can see perspective like this mate.

Something needs to be done to protect this forum from the influx of wum's and trolls.

Having an opinion is one thing but just bashing the club with constant negative posts when we are going through a very difficult period for obvious reasons is something else.

It would help if the rest of us Ignore and don't quote the more obvious WUMs. They do it for the attention it brings them, and the satisfaction of getting under our skin. If we don't feed them they will lose interest. but a few bans wouldn't hurt either.  :)
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #824: Feb 21, 2021 10:14:03 am
      So what's the general opinion now? Will we make the four? What affect would not making the CL have on us?
      I think we've still got enough to turn it around but I'm saying this every week now and the weeks are running out.
      I'm not giving up on top four or the CL itself at least we created chances yesterday which is more than a lot of prem games recently. It's a tough watch at the moment but there are reasons but seeing Hendo go down now is gutting. What a weird horrible season, thank F the null and voiders didn't succeed last year, funny the deaths have been higher this time around and not one call for null and void 🤔 hmm strange that.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #825: Feb 21, 2021 10:26:33 am
      Everton supporters celebrating their victory over a depleted, injury hit Liverpool side, as if they have achieved winning the title itself. Let them all enjoy their little glory, personally I know which I would chose. They will never emulate what we have achieved under Jürgen Klopp.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #826: Feb 21, 2021 10:30:45 am
      So what's the general opinion now? Will we make the four? What affect would not making the CL have on us?
      I think we've still got enough to turn it around but I'm saying this every week now and the weeks are running out.
      I'm not giving up on top four or the CL itself at least we created chances yesterday which is more than a lot of prem games recently. It's a tough watch at the moment but there are reasons but seeing Hendo go down now is gutting. What a weird horrible season, thank F the null and voiders didn't succeed last year, funny the deaths have been higher this time around and not one call for null and void 🤔 hmm strange that.

It will be hard to finish top 4 without Fabinho back. Thinking Hendo will be out at least a month. I think our center backs can make do, but we need to toughen up the midfield base, which in turn lets Thiago and Gini be more creative. That's far from the only thing wrong mind, but that is a big one.

I expect Klopp will try one more season with mainly the same squad, hoping a proper break and pre season regimen will get them back to their best. Maybe that is going to include Europa League, hard to know.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #827: Feb 21, 2021 10:37:35 am
      What on earth where you watching? He was all over the place.

Same thing as I was and he was a lot F***ing calmer than Kabak was and won every header that came his way. Lad can hold his head high with the performances he's put in, let down by a lot of other senior players.

Quick Reply