Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29371 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #920: Feb 21, 2021 07:27:25 pm
      I still think we will have #20 earlier than United its #21. Just saying....

We will mate.

As long as we all believe again.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #921: Feb 21, 2021 07:34:15 pm
      Even neutral talking heads on the radio wouldn't come out with some of the sh*te on here.
      And none would question Jurgens position at the club.

We're going thro a F***ing sh*te patch, no doubt, but that's what it is - a patch.
      We'll get through it and Jürgen will likely make changes in the summer.
      We don't have an open chequebook, but we've done absolutely brilliant business in general over recent years.

Can argue about formations and player form and all the rest of it - but it's not the end of days, and Jürgen is going absolutely nowhere [we should all bloody hope].
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #922: Feb 21, 2021 07:40:32 pm
      First bad patch after winning first title in 30 years.
      Says a lot.

One hell of a bad patch now though, managers have been sacked for a lot less.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #923: Feb 21, 2021 07:44:02 pm
      We will mate.

As long as we all believe again.

"as long as we all believe again", sorry but 😂

It will take a bit more than wishful thinking .

Klopp needs to start dropping the duds and radically changing our set up. The examples I gave earlier were extremes but ffs we have to do something, it's literally insane right now, same players, same formation yet we expect different results!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #924: Feb 21, 2021 07:46:17 pm
      Even neutral talking heads on the radio wouldn't come out with some of the sh*te on here.
      And none would question Jurgens position at the club.

We're going thro a f**king sh*te patch, no doubt, but that's what it is - a patch.
      We'll get through it and Jürgen will likely make changes in the summer.
      We don't have an open chequebook, but we've done absolutely brilliant business in general over recent years.

Can argue about formations and player form and all the rest of it - but it's not the end of days, and Jürgen is going absolutely nowhere [we should all bloody hope].

I really hope Jürgen can turn it around I love the guy but it all just feels sh*t now, I can't see where it turns round.

Sorry for being so negative guys but I'm just so dissapointed with recent results and this season in general.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #925: Feb 21, 2021 07:50:31 pm

Well if you'd consider moving Jürgen on for someone else [and who btw?!] - after the job he has done, and the circumstance of this season - hard to know what to say to that.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #926: Feb 21, 2021 07:50:46 pm
      "as long as we all believe again", sorry but 😂

It will take a bit more than wishful thinking .

Klopp needs to start dropping the duds and radically changing our set up. The examples I gave earlier were extremes but ffs we have to do something, it's literally insane right now, same players, same formation yet we expect different results!

How can you drop the duds when there’s no one to replace them with?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #927: Feb 21, 2021 07:55:28 pm

Perhaps you should start a thread/poll for him to be sacked. I'll give you the percentages now. 98% - 2% pretty sure I don't need to say what the 98% will be.  ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #928: Feb 21, 2021 09:00:09 pm

Who? Name them
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #929: Feb 21, 2021 09:04:07 pm
      The fight for top 4 isn't over, really its just beginning. WH have games against City, United, Leicester, Chelsea, Everton, and Arsenal they have to play. Chelsea have a lot of those same opponents while having to balance the FA Cup and CL football. Everton are pretenders this year. United could keep coming back toward us too. I think Leicester are prolly the the safest to retain their spot in the top 4 out of 2-4.

We HAVE to find our form, and soon. Phillips needs to be relied on, as it seems he may be the key to the rest of the season. As awful has another injury at CB is, it may show they we can cope with one of the new boys and Nat and allow Fab and Hendo to move further forward. Time will tell. Moving those guys forward will be big for protection to the back and line and creativity going forward. As scary as this sounds, we may need to think about rotation too. Robbo and Gini are zombies atm. Jota needs to come I'm for Bobby when he can.

Let's get top 4 baby.

Trying to be optimistic like you but really struggling.

City, United and Leicester look like certainties at the moment leaving one place for which Chelsea, West Ham and Everton look in a better position to go for. Spurs are F***ing sh*te as well right now and they are around us too.

Really up against it now and it'll take some spectacular turn around for us to sneak in there IMO.

Maybe by the time our next league game comes around I'll be a bit more positive but right now it feels like winning the Champions League is our best way back in it.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #930: Feb 21, 2021 09:16:30 pm
      It was a highly disappointing result but hardly surprising given the extent of our injury list which is is and has been a complete joke all season,watching Henderson trudge off I had to laugh as it’s becoming ridiculous.
      But with a fully fit squad and a addition here and there we can easily compete with anyone.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #931: Feb 21, 2021 09:19:53 pm
      It was a highly disappointing result but hardly surprising given the extent of our injury list which is is and has been a complete joke all season,watching Henderson trudge off I had to laugh as it’s becoming ridiculous.
      But with a fully fit squad and a addition here and there we can easily compete with anyone.

With a fully fit team and squad, it’s us and city. The others aren’t even in the same room.

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #932: Feb 21, 2021 09:34:57 pm
      With a fully fit team and squad, it’s us and city. The others aren’t even in the same room.

I firmly believe that really do,we,are just going to have to take this sh*t show of a season on the chin and come back (fingers crossed)all players fit and raring to go for next season as this season looks like the football gods are pissing on us from high above.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #933: Feb 21, 2021 09:37:19 pm

Not sure about that think if Manure buy well in Summer they will get closer and not a million miles away
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #934: Feb 21, 2021 10:06:54 pm
      Not sure about that think if Manure buy well in Summer they will get closer and not a million miles away

Next room 😎

rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #935: Feb 21, 2021 10:10:53 pm

Hope you are right will have a wager with you  8)
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #936: Feb 21, 2021 10:28:16 pm
      Hope you are right will have a wager with you  8)

I actually agree with what Merson said the other day. Been massively unlucky with injuries and when back to full strength, it’s between us and city. Of course Utd will continue to add depth to their ever increasing squad and will do well. Just need to make sure the owners stump up some readies for some much needed additions to our squad.

LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #937: Feb 21, 2021 10:34:06 pm
      9 pts behind Leicester in third, it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll be in the CL next season unless a big revival starts now
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #938: Feb 21, 2021 10:42:22 pm
      9 pts behind Leicester in third, it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll be in the CL next season unless a big revival starts now

I think the top three are nailed on but that fourth place is still very much up for grabs. You’d have to say chelsea are the current favourites but I still can’t see West Ham, Everton, Spurs or Villa finishing above us.

I have a bad feeling we will pick up more injuries in league games, finish below 4th and then not have a good enough side thats fit to compete in Europe.

If I was Jürgen I would seriously consider throwing the league now and put everything into the CL.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #939: Feb 21, 2021 10:54:49 pm
      I think the top three are nailed on but that fourth place is still very much up for grabs. You’d have to say chelsea are the current favourites but I still can’t see West Ham, Everton, Spurs or Villa finishing above us.

I have a bad feeling we will pick up more injuries in league games, finish below 4th and then not have a good enough side thats fit to compete in Europe.

If I was Jürgen I would seriously consider throwing the league now and put everything into the CL.

Not sure we can prioritise CL and think we can win it tbh we haven't played well enough to say we can win that along with injuries top 4 is more achievable than winning CL for me
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #940: Feb 21, 2021 11:05:49 pm
      Not sure we can prioritise CL and think we can win it tbh we haven't played well enough to say we can win that along with injuries top 4 is more achievable than winning CL for me

It’s a risky strategy but worth the gamble. If we somehow won it then what has been a sh*t season would all of a sudden become a remarkable one and would equal 05.

The team that played yesterday couldn’t win it but a few returning from injury, in particular Fabinho, I think we have a small chance.

European games will suit us more too with the front three getting much more space.

If we keep playing our best 11 available for both league games and the CL then I can only see more injuries and us failing in both to be honest.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #941: Feb 21, 2021 11:08:53 pm
      It’s a risky strategy but worth the gamble. If we somehow won it then what has been a sh*t season would all of a sudden become a remarkable one and would equal 05.

The team that played yesterday couldn’t win it but a few returning from injury, in particular Fabinho, I think we have a small chance.

European games will suit us more too with the front three getting much more space.

If we keep playing our best 11 available for both league games and the CL then I can only see more injuries and us failing in both to be honest.

Yep will come down to injuries Fab and Jota back hopefully this week hope and pray Keita stays fit and one or two others just can't afford anymore injuries with Jordan out for a month going to be a big ask to get either done just think top 4 more achievable we ain't winning the CL just how I see it
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #942: Feb 21, 2021 11:24:07 pm
      Yep will come down to injuries Fab and Jota back hopefully this week hope and pray Keita stays fit and one or two others just can't afford anymore injuries with Jordan out for a month going to be a big ask to get either done just think top 4 more achievable we ain't winning the CL just how I see it

Don’t know why but I’m strangely more confident for the CL than I am for top four.

As already stated I think the type of football suits us in Europe but also, we might go into games where we’re not favourites and it takes a bit of pressure off the lads and it might raise their game.

We saw against leipzig that even our injury plagued team is still actually a very good one.

Quick Reply