Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29386 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #943: Feb 21, 2021 11:26:23 pm
      https://twitter.com/minstrel69/status/1363205617767354368?s=08

In the interests of fairness at the time i wasnt happy but on this angle Trent knew what he was doing and was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Only coz he got kneed in the head whilst that Dumb c**t Lewis (that's what his initials stand for, right?) was stumbling over himself and falling to the ground.

U tell me mate? Did the Ref see that angle? No way, he didn't even look at the monitor, so he must have seen Trent's little hand flick in the flesh but somehow missed the knee to Trent's head. Stupid Manc c**t Ref!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #944: Feb 21, 2021 11:35:49 pm
      Have MOTD 2 on here while I'm finishing some stuff for work.

Still staggering that the ref thought that was a penalty. Staggering enough he thought so the first time nevermind still thinking so after watching it again.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #945: Feb 21, 2021 11:44:21 pm
      And you need your safe space with no scary opinions to challenge you.

F***ing hell Larry Lime Street throwing his weight about here!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #946: Feb 22, 2021 12:14:48 am
      Only coz he got kneed in the head whilst that Dumb C**t Lewis (that's what his initials stand for, right?) was stumbling over himself and falling to the ground.

U tell me mate? Did the Ref see that angle? No way, he didn't even look at the monitor, so he must have seen Trent's little hand flick in the flesh but somehow missed the knee to Trent's head. Stupid Manc C**t Ref!

That w**ker had decided he was going down, and was half way there by the time tent  catches him. The ref didn't look at the monitor replay, just a token look at the monitor. That suggested he had reviewed, it and stuck by his perverse decision.
       Not wanting to look like he had got it wrong in real time ? Not a F***ing chance, he knew he'd got it wrong, it was clearly his intention to give the pen whatever.
      Its such an easy cheating lying decision to make, when there are never any repercussions. Any other job you perform that badly, and you're shown the door. Or charged with corruption. Trouble is, these sort of decisions will never stop, while the same old wankers are in charge at the top of our game.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #947: Feb 22, 2021 02:26:40 am
      I really hope Jürgen can turn it around I love the guy but it all just feels sh*t now, I can't see where it turns round.

Sorry for being so negative guys but I'm just so dissapointed with recent results and this season in general.

Fair enough, we're all disappointed, but it's a sh*t show for good reasons mate. What is it I heard during the game? our 16th cb pairing of the season or something?

I've honestly never seen a top club with so many injury problems. When you rip the backbone off the team and some of the back up of the backbone, it's pretty hard to expect them not to feel shot after a while. Our quality kept us going before xmas but we've run out of steam.

Time for a lot of people to take their feet off the players' and manager's neck, and give them some breathing space. They've earned that much over the past three seasons.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #948: Feb 22, 2021 07:33:23 am
      With a fully fit team and squad, it’s us and city. The others aren’t even in the same room.

yup.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #949: Feb 22, 2021 07:33:46 am
      Fair enough, we're all disappointed, but it's a sh*t show for good reasons mate. What is it I heard during the game? our 16th cb pairing of the season or something?

I've honestly never seen a top club with so many injury problems. When you rip the backbone off the team and some of the back up of the backbone, it's pretty hard to expect them not to feel shot after a while. Our quality kept us going before xmas but we've run out of steam.

Time for a lot of people to take their feet off the players' and manager's neck, and give them some breathing space. They've earned that much over the past three seasons.

18th new cb pairing.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #950: Feb 22, 2021 07:35:03 am
      same as last few games, we played well in parts, gave away a cheap early goal, tho it was a cracking pass tbf. Then we just couldnt score, pickford played well, then the ref gave that fekin penalty.

When its goes wrong it bloody goes wrong for us just now. DOH !
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #951: Feb 22, 2021 09:09:13 am
      Ok, this is what will happen if Klopp plays like that.

1) Weaker teams will literally just pass to themselves within their half and be content with a draw. You'd need to run into their half to chase the ball but that would mean you'd have a huge gap in midfield that'd need to be closed...and we're back with pulling CB's high.

I'd be content with that. Would love some points on the board  :f_whistle:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #952: Feb 22, 2021 09:39:51 am
      I'd be content with that. Would love some points on the board  :f_whistle:

Fuk Id bite your hands off right now to convert a few of those losses into draws the past few weeks. ;D
      Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #953: Feb 22, 2021 10:26:34 am
      The warning signs where there back in April when Watford totally outplayed us.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #954: Feb 22, 2021 01:15:45 pm

Christ almighty.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2021/02/like-roy-keane-are-you-too-simple-to-understand-liverpools-situation/

Not sure if this was posted before but superb read and well worth the time to do so in the current twitter, soundbite age.

Our problems are very deep and not the fault of manager, owners or particular players.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #955: Feb 22, 2021 01:17:46 pm

Another troll signs up for the show...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #956: Feb 22, 2021 02:05:04 pm
      Another troll signs up for the show...

Mad isn't it.

They're like F***ing locusts.

Soon as we start winning they'll disappear again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #957: Feb 22, 2021 08:30:30 pm

Close try, it was actually March.

What were the warning signs back then? That both central defenders would end up fu**ed, two of the three midfielders would end up centre-backs and fu**ed, the world would stop, fans wouldn't be allowed in the ground.

You picked all that up from that Watford game? Boss you la, give us next week's lotto numbers kidda?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #958: Feb 22, 2021 08:41:08 pm
      Quote from LiverpoolsFinest
      This isn't even a critism of the team, just the know it all gobshites on here who claimed anyone who didn't agree with their "everything is rosey" view were WUM's and clueless.

Laughing at them right now in the face of how utterly abject we have become.

Quote from fields of anny rd
      Haha that was some bizarre stuff in fairness. Failed to notice the trends of results.

By that same token its becoming more and more unlikely now we make top 4.

So how many of you knew then that the team would go into complete freefall?

Well done though, give yourselves a pat on the back about how you were all right and everyone else was wrong. Everything hasn't been rosy for months, but fans were certainly right at the time not to jump overboard before the season reached the halfway mark. While the picture is clearer now, they certainly should at least be watching the game and getting behind the team, rather than boasting about how right they were all along, during the event. None of us could foresee the sickening extent of the damage done over the past number of weeks, or the keeper literally kicking the season away, with injuries mounting, points dropped, records crumbling etc every week. But there's 8 days to the next game, lots of time for the inquests to be held and the obituaries to be written, without the need for people to throw personal insults around the thread like confetti.

Quote from Rush Goalie
      Everything that can go wrong this season has, our first five picks at CB all currently injured? It's unbelievable.
      Each game is seeming like a carbon copy, we aren't actually playing that bad we've just lost that killer edge, that maybe no fans being in which gives the players a lift and Jota not being available is putting no pressure to perform on the front three.
      F**k Everton let them have their moment they're still sh*te, we've won European, World and Premier League titles in the last two years, they've won... At Anfield.. When the open top bus parade?

To them, beating us is their equivalent of winning silverware. The whole point of their existence is to beat us, in games, tables, competitions. The fact our own fans consider them important doesn't help either. They've done nothing for 25 years. Everton may be a big club on Merseyside but nowadays, they're as big as Southport to the rest of the world. Hence the media reaction that comes about when the derby doesn't follow the usual script.

Once they went ahead, they could sit there and dictate the game, and watch us trying various attempts at banging the door down. We tried running through them, didn't work. We tried crosses, didn't work. We tried short corners, didn't work. We tried long range efforts, didn't work. We tried wearing them down with possession, didn’t work. We tried subs, didn't work. We even tried the last resort option, Origi. Nothing worked. I don't see a lack of effort or heart or desire, but I can't put my finger on why exactly we've slumped from 6 points clear on Christmas Day to 6th spot in a couple of months. It's probably a combination of different factors, most of which we have little or no control over.

You could make a valid argument either way for why the penalty should be awarded or overturned. Ultimately only one decision could be made, and obviously the ref decided that there was enough contact to give it. We don't like it, but tbh if it was down the other end, we would all be baying for it, wouldn't we?

About 15 years ago, we released the Great Victories Over Everton DVD, where Louis Emerick showed another side to him than his role in Brookside. It was great that there was a wide range of wins on it, home wins, away wins, neutral ground wins, replays, cup finals, comebacks, walkovers, penalties, piledrivers, scrambles, last minute jobs, the lot. But there was only one edition as we discovered that DVD's about winning tin sold more. Chances are we'll win some more tin before they come close to winning another derby. After all, making DVD's about winning tins is what big clubs do.

Quote from Brown1

Right I've had enough. I just want to say that if there's any mod positions going, I'm willing to offer my services to help with the clean up.
      CurraghRed
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #959: Feb 22, 2021 08:49:48 pm
      Mane scored around 15 minutes into the game against W.B.A. on 27th December.

5 minutes later we where walking around the pitch as if the league was over, all went downhill from there when they came out and played us off the pitch in the 2nd half.

Stuck in my mind that day and still does today.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #960: Feb 22, 2021 08:57:30 pm

Right I've had enough. I just want to say that if there's any mod positions going, I'm willing to offer my services to help with the clean up.

I can spot a wum manc a mile away, you have my services too.  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #961: Feb 22, 2021 09:10:53 pm
      Well if you'd consider moving Jürgen on for someone else [and who btw?!] - after the job he has done, and the circumstance of this season - hard to know what to say to that.

is that what I said?
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #962: Feb 22, 2021 09:13:15 pm
      Radio Merseyside phone in, Everton fans "I'm still on cloud nine, I haven't come down" 😂.
      They've beaten a depleted out of form Liverpool side and they think they've won the Champions League.. Fair play they deserved the win I've got no problems with that but they are a such a bitter small time club.
      A trophy less season for Liverpool amounts to a successful season for Everton 😉.
      It's heartening to know our comeback will hurt others so much as I've every faith we'll be back , the ultimate last laugh could yet come in May 🤞.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #963: Feb 22, 2021 09:14:02 pm
      I can spot a wum manc a mile away, you have my services too.  ;D

Yeah why not, lets have a Manc as a Mod on a Liverpool forum ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #964: Feb 22, 2021 09:21:12 pm
      Yeah why not, lets have a Manc as a Mod on a Liverpool forum ;-)

Haven't you got a few answers pending Heimy or we still on selective hearing.  ;D
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #965: Feb 22, 2021 09:39:36 pm
      Mad isn't it.

They're like f**king locusts.

Soon as we start winning they'll disappear again.

Said it after we beat Leipzig very inconspicuous by there absence then when we get beat they are out like flies around sh*t buzzing around trying to get bites

Quick Reply