Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29378 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #966: Feb 22, 2021 10:10:47 pm
      We are painful to watch at the moment. It's quite simple for me on my assessment of the situation. Regardless of our massive injury crisis we look physically burned out. It doesn't help that the players you'd think would be chomping at the bit to grab their opportunity to make the most of this rare chance to prove their worth actually look like they couldn't give a F**k.

We are a shell of the team we were 3 months ago. Jürgen has a system in place that coaches the players the same way from the youth team all the way through to the first team. I completely understand we are going through a horrific injury crisis at the moment but i see no reason why we look so disjointed.

That gegenpress is gone, i don't see it anymore. I fully trust that Klopp will sort this out but the players have to man up. Really feeling for Klopp at the moment. At a time when he needs unrelenting support from those around him at the Club he is being let down.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #967: Feb 22, 2021 10:43:11 pm
      Close try, it was actually March.

What were the warning signs back then? That both central defenders would end up fu**ed, two of the three midfielders would end up centre-backs and fu**ed, the world would stop, fans wouldn't be allowed in the ground.

You picked all that up from that Watford game? Boss you la, give us next week's lotto numbers kidda?

To be fair, it was obvious a long while back - certainly from when we restarted our 19/20 season. Watford loss was only 2 games before the season was put on hold. It was obvious to anyone willing to look.

We've been off the boil for near a year.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #968: Feb 22, 2021 11:02:51 pm
      Haven't you got a few answers pending Heimy or we still on selective hearing.  ;D

Remind me please.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #969: Feb 23, 2021 01:40:56 am
      To be fair, it was obvious a long while back - certainly from when we restarted our 19/20 season. Watford loss was only 2 games before the season was put on hold. It was obvious to anyone willing to look.

We've been off the boil for near a year.

So same time as the fans have been missing, quelle surprise, again that's been pretty obvious. To tie this season in with basically the run-in when we already had the league wrapped up is ridiculous. The end of last season could easily be put down to the exerts of the previous how many months of relentlessly winning games. This season is different.

The simple way to put it is the old example of if you take parts out of car and put in slightly inferior parts do you expect that machine to still work? The system is currently malfunctioning due to players being played out of position due to injuries and it's affecting the whole team.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #970: Feb 23, 2021 07:51:14 am

You've already had that in top right hand corner when it goes yellow.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #971: Feb 23, 2021 08:48:51 am
      Christ almighty.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2021/02/like-roy-keane-are-you-too-simple-to-understand-liverpools-situation/

Not sure if this was posted before but superb read and well worth the time to do so in the current twitter, soundbite age.

Our problems are very deep and not the fault of manager, owners or particular players.
      he has another one, a follow up,  I linked to from the Perspective thread. Also well done.[https://tomkinstimes.com/2021/02/liverpool-dont-lack-leaders-or-quality-they-have-plenty-at-the-kirkby-rehab-gym/
      ]
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #972: Feb 23, 2021 12:33:57 pm
      Mad isn't it.

They're like f**king locusts.

Soon as we start winning they'll disappear again.

Maybe there's a factory in China that mass produce them at times of stress. It's quite impressive how quickly they spawn out of nowhere.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #973: Feb 23, 2021 12:41:47 pm

Cheers for that, hadn't checked his updates. Another excellent read.

Trouble is, too many unwilling to listen or invest time to digest this sort of in depth analysis.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #974: Feb 23, 2021 01:24:26 pm
      Cheers for that, hadn't checked his updates. Another excellent read.

Trouble is, too many unwilling to listen or invest time to digest this sort of in depth analysis.

I know Tomkins has a tendency to view things through red specs, but a lot of the time he's actually spot on.

Probably my favourite LFC writer, and his site has some great contributors as well.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #975: Feb 23, 2021 01:39:14 pm
      I know Tomkins has a tendency to view things through red specs, but a lot of the time he's actually spot on.

Probably my favourite LFC writer, and his site has some great contributors as well.

I like him better when he argues from data, which he does with these pieces. When he talks about referee decisions against the Reds, he is somewhat less rational.  :)
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #976: Feb 23, 2021 08:01:42 pm

Great read, thanks for the link. Some fascinating facts, his analysis of going from great central defenders to having number 157 & 373 in the world puts a lot into perspective amongst other things
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #977: Feb 23, 2021 08:57:02 pm

"Klopp is living on last season, in most other clubs he'd be under serious pressure now! In all honesty I'm starting to think it might be time for a change, because it's just not working, we play crap football at the moment and I can't see any improvement."

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #978: Feb 23, 2021 09:00:31 pm
      "No matter what problems you have as a Liverpool player, you can't not win at home for six games. That is not acceptable. It's not."

Carra not happy
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #979: Feb 23, 2021 09:12:12 pm
      "Klopp is living on last season, in most other clubs he'd be under serious pressure now! In all honesty I'm starting to think it might be time for a change, because it's just not working, we play crap football at the moment and I can't see any improvement."

Wow I'm shocked with your opinion bmck.  :o Can we have him.  :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #980: Feb 23, 2021 09:18:25 pm
      "No matter what problems you have as a Liverpool player, you can't not win at home for six games. That is not acceptable. It's not."

Carra not happy

He needs to calm the F**k down the cheeky c**t. That same squad won the league, something he couldn't do!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #981: Feb 23, 2021 09:26:26 pm
      Great read, thanks for the link. Some fascinating facts, his analysis of going from great central defenders to having number 157 & 373 in the world puts a lot into perspective amongst other things

Yes, the breakdown of how losing those players impacts your overall team quality, and how mentioning that IS NOT AN EXCUSE - it's just a statement of reality. It is more ridiculous for us to try and act like that doesn't impact our chances. Of course it does.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #982: Feb 23, 2021 09:28:12 pm
      He needs to calm the f**k down the cheeky c**t. That same squad won the league, something he couldn't do!

Gone right off Carra. Assume it must be the Sky effect of becoming a n*b overnight. Dunno if it’s a prerequisite or not, but he’s achieved it. Stating injuries are not a good enough excuse, he’s turned into a right pr**k.

Quick Reply