Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Do we need to talk about Bobby?

Read 6072 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Do we need to talk about Bobby?
      Reply #46: Feb 27, 2021 12:23:28 pm
      Can imagine Bobby will be looking after his mate!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #47: Mar 01, 2021 08:39:16 pm
      Thought Bobby was poor last night, should have scored in the first half and his shot was going wide until the deflection, his confidence must be shot to pieces
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #48: Mar 01, 2021 09:38:07 pm
      You said he was burnt out, I pointed out he had a 3 month break from football a year ago, a good chunk of which was probably very light training, ie its not an excuse!

These are finely tuned athletes, sitting on their arse for 3 months wouldn’t be good for them anyway, let alone the fact it was the beginning of a world wide pandemic

If you don’t think all footballers currently aren’t playing well below their levels then you are just ignoring the obvious

You can tell with simply your eyes that football isn’t being played at the same intensity currently but the numbers back it up to, I was reading last week that the number of defensive actions is about a third down, the about of presses the same, sprints down by over 35%

That’s across all football

Maybe they are all using the same “excuse”

Have a read of this https://statsbomb.com/ you might find it interesting or in the least it may make you rethink reactive gestures
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #49: Mar 01, 2021 10:53:54 pm
      Thought Bobby was poor last night, should have scored in the first half and his shot was going wide until the deflection, his confidence must be shot to pieces

Imagine thinking Bobby was poor. He created some of our best chances, not to mention our second goal.

Or maybe people don’t understand the word poor anymore.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #50: Mar 02, 2021 10:08:09 am
      Imagine thinking Bobby was poor. He created some of our best chances, not to mention our second goal.

Or maybe people don’t understand the word poor anymore.

Agreed.

I've been quite critical of Bobby this season but thought he played well second half, link up play was good, and showed great skill to create his chance for the deflected goal.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #51: Mar 02, 2021 10:31:13 am

Leave it out FFS.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #52: Mar 02, 2021 01:02:30 pm
      These are finely tuned athletes, sitting on their arse for 3 months wouldn’t be good for them anyway, let alone the fact it was the beginning of a world wide pandemic

If you don’t think all footballers currently aren’t playing well below their levels then you are just ignoring the obvious

You can tell with simply your eyes that football isn’t being played at the same intensity currently but the numbers back it up to, I was reading last week that the number of defensive actions is about a third down, the about of presses the same, sprints down by over 35%

That’s across all football

Maybe they are all using the same “excuse”

Have a read of this https://statsbomb.com/ you might find it interesting or in the least it may make you rethink reactive gestures

;D, so playing too much is bad and playing too little is bad as well, ;D I guess its just impossible to criticise Bobby then!!  What an utter load of nonsense the rest of the post was. There are plenty of players playing extremely well this season, the entire City team for example.

As for strikers, it doesn't seem to have affected Kane, Rashford, Son, Salah and many others as much as it has Bobby, again why is that?

Just stop making excuses for him please, he is in a terrible run of form right now, it does not take away from his previous contributions to the team and club, but on current form he should be dropped and I think he will be as soon as Jota is fully fit.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Mar 02, 2021 01:03:29 pm
      Agreed.

I've been quite critical of Bobby this season but thought he played well second half, link up play was good, and showed great skill to create his chance for the deflected goal.

I'll agree that his link up play was better, but his shooting was still utterly pathetic for a forward.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #54: Mar 02, 2021 01:05:38 pm
      The only person that *needs* to talk about Bobby is Klopp.

Everyone else just *wants* to.
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #55: Mar 02, 2021 01:31:33 pm
      ;D, so playing too much is bad and playing too little is bad as well, ;D I guess its just impossible to criticise Bobby then!!  What an utter load of nonsense the rest of the post was. There are plenty of players playing extremely well this season, the entire City team for example.

As for strikers, it doesn't seem to have affected Kane, Rashford, Son, Salah and many others as much as it has Bobby, again why is that?

Just stop making excuses for him please, he is in a terrible run of form right now, it does not take away from his previous contributions to the team and club, but on current form he should be dropped and I think he will be as soon as Jota is fully fit.

Go look at the stats

You may learn something like

If you don’t want to then no problem, but don’t forget, knowledge is power.
      All the information is out there for you lad, I’ve even given you a site to look at which shows you that intensity in all football is down this season
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Mar 02, 2021 09:05:55 pm
      Go look at the stats

You may learn something like

If you don’t want to then no problem, but don’t forget, knowledge is power.
      All the information is out there for you lad, I’ve even given you a site to look at which shows you that intensity in all football is down this season

Even if the overall intensity is down why is Bobby so much less intense/effective than other strikers. You have to admit he's in sh*t form for a long long time now. If not then no point continuing to discuss it.

Quick Reply