Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Premier League Top 4 for CL

Read 6478 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Premier League Top 4 for CL
      Feb 26, 2021 12:31:17 pm
      I thought there was a thread for top 4 but can't find it. Mods please move accordingly if their is one.

Opinions on top 4 welcome. Mine are as follows.

Obviously a slam dunk for top 4 are Man City, can't see one single member not having them in the top 4. With their exciting football and squad debt you can't help but admire the way they play great football. (( that hurt having to say that but it's true.  :D ))

Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel is already applying his technical /trade football at the club. He is a class manager for me and already putting fat frank to shame on his inability given a team that have plenty to spend yet couldn't get the results to keep his job. Tuchel will for me get the best out of Werner that we haven't seen yet. Mason Mount is another player who will thrive under current manager.

Man United continue to be inconsistent with results which is a concern (( well at least for me ))  but I do think we can sneak this one, even with Ole at the wheel.  ;D If they can keep Bruno injury free for the remaining of the season it should be Ok. My only concern is the Europa Cup as it's simply too many matches.

Until last nite I had the fourth spot  between you lads ( Liverpool ) & Leicester. Liverpool can't really play any worse than what they are currently and with the next 3 games 2 of them being easy targets on paper I think this will put them back in the frame along with one or two players getting back in the squad.

However, with Leicester going out  of the Europa Cup last nite I now think they have the edge Obviously with them being nine points clear of Liverpool gives them a massive edge. I just can't get last season out of my mind though when they capitulated what looked like a certain top four. Bearing this in mind it makes my forth choice just that little bit harder to predict.

So top four in order.
      Man City
      Chelsea
      Man United
      Leicester

What's your verdict on top 4 and reasons why. ?

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Premier League Top 4 for CL
      Reply #1: Feb 27, 2021 12:10:05 am
      I thought there was a thread for top 4 but can't find it. Mods please move accordingly if their is one.

Obviously a slam dunk for top 4 are Man City, can't see one single member not having them in the top 4. With their exciting football and squad debt you can't help but admire the way they play great football. (( that hurt having to say that but it's true.  :D ))

Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel is already applying his technical /trade football at the club. He is a class manager for me and already putting fat frank to shame on his inability given a team that have plenty to spend yet couldn't get the results to keep his job. Tuchel will for me get the best out of Werner that we haven't seen yet. Mason Mount is another player who will thrive under current manager.

Man United continue to be inconsistent with results which is a concern (( well at least for me ))  but I do think we can sneak this one, even with Ole at the wheel.  ;D If they can keep Bruno injury free for the remaining of the season it should be Ok. My only concern is the Europa Cup as it's simply too many matches.

Until last nite I had the fourth spot  between you lads ( Liverpool ) & Leicester. Liverpool can't really play any worse than what they are currently and with the next 3 games 2 of them being easy targets on paper I think this will put them back in the frame along with one or two players getting back in the squad.

However, with Leicester going out  of the Europa Cup last nite I now think they have the edge Obviously with them being nine points clear of Liverpool gives them a massive edge. I just can't get last season out of my mind though when they capitulated what looked like a certain top four. Bearing this in mind it makes my forth choice just that little bit harder to predict.

So top four in order.
      Man City
      Chelsea
      Man United
      Leicester

This will go well for ye Keith 😎
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2: Feb 27, 2021 09:08:10 am
      This will go well for ye Keith 😎

Just how I see it now Brian. You know it's not personal. I think Chavs under Tuchel will mount a challenge next year.   :(
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #3: Feb 27, 2021 12:05:07 pm
      Tuchel is a terrible manager, made Dortmund much worse and failed at PSG. If we can find any kind of form we'll push Chelsea out of a top four place.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4: Feb 27, 2021 12:59:00 pm

So top four in order.
      Man City
      Chelsea
      Man United
      Leicester

You finish fourth, we win the European cup, you lot end up back in the Europa again ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Feb 27, 2021 01:08:48 pm
      You finish fourth, we win the European cup, you lot end up back in the Europa again ;)

Don't think it works like that anymore sadly.

I still think top four will contain City, Chelsea and us. Cant make any further prediction.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6: Feb 27, 2021 01:14:07 pm
      Don't think it works like that anymore sadly.

I still think top four will contain City, Chelsea and us. Cant make any further prediction.

Sure Uefa made it a rule in 2005 after the FA saw it's arse, winner finishes outside the top 4 in their own countries league, they replace 4th place team in the competition.

If it's been changed again, happy to concede :laugh:

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #7: Feb 27, 2021 01:32:20 pm
      4th realistically  our best Chance cant see above Mancs for top 2 Leicester may wobble but so will we on current form and injuries
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #8: Feb 27, 2021 01:40:12 pm
      West ham keeping the point they currently have at city is not part of the plan
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Feb 27, 2021 01:41:59 pm
      Sure Uefa made it a rule in 2005 after the FA saw it's arse, winner finishes outside the top 4 in their own countries league, they replace 4th place team in the competition.

If it's been changed again, happy to concede :laugh:

Fairly certain in that scenario it would be 5 teams from that country, might have to go through qualifying though.

I think it will be:

1) Man City
      2) Chelsea
      3) Liverpool
      4) Man Utd

I just sense a bit of a wobble coming for Man Utd, not sure why, also Leicester were a bit sh*t getting knocked out of Europa league and until our meltdown against them we were in control of the match, I I fancy them to fade away again. As for West Ham and Everton who knows but I'd be amazed if either one makes Top4.

In any case for us to get to third we need to start winning matches immediately, by hook or by crook, we must find a way, Jota coming back could be huge, as could getting a settled CB pairing, Klopp needs to be brave there, no more midfielders playing CB, when Fab is back straight into midfield please.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Feb 27, 2021 01:42:32 pm
      West ham keeping the point they currently have at city is not part of the plan

City will step through the gears second half, like we used to do :-(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: Feb 27, 2021 01:46:50 pm
      Fairly certain in that scenario it would be 5 teams from that country, might have to go through qualifying though.

Nope was changed after 2005 and the scenario with us and Everton. FA sh*t itself and refused to make a decision. Special dispensation was the reason for five teams that year. Since then been changed so that like in Spain in 2000 when the same happened with Real Madrid. Real replaced the team in 4th place in the league, that is seen by Uefa as what should happen
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12: Feb 27, 2021 01:52:16 pm
      Tuchel is a terrible manager, made Dortmund much worse and failed at PSG. If we can find any kind of form we'll push Chelsea out of a top four place.

Much as I hope your right what I've seen so far he's already cast his experience into the team. They were excellent against Madrid on Tuesday. Did you watch the game?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Feb 27, 2021 01:53:07 pm

Stop dreaming HR  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14: Feb 27, 2021 01:57:13 pm
      Nope was changed after 2005 and the scenario with us and Everton. FA sh*t itself and refused to make a decision. Special dispensation was the reason for five teams that year. Since then been changed so that like in Spain in 2000 when the same happened with Real Madrid. Real replaced the team in 4th place in the league, that is seen by Uefa as what should happen

Think I've read some where there's proposals for the 2024 season that six Premier League sides may get in the CL.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #15: Feb 27, 2021 02:04:35 pm

What us winning number 7?

You should know better softlad!!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Reply #16: Feb 27, 2021 02:05:17 pm

I think it will be:

1) Man City
      2) Chelsea
      3) Liverpool
      4) Man Utd

I just sense a bit of a wobble coming for Man Utd, not sure why, also Leicester were a bit sh*t getting knocked out of Europa league and until our meltdown against them we were in control of the match, I I fancy them to fade away again. As for West Ham and Everton who knows but I'd be amazed if either one makes Top4.

In any case for us to get to third we need to start winning matches immediately, by hook or by crook, we must find a way, Jota coming back could be huge, as could getting a settled CB pairing, Klopp needs to be brave there, no more midfielders playing CB, when Fab is back straight into midfield please.

We are 9 points behind Utd with 13 games left we won't catch them unless you are expecting a massive turn in our form which sadly I can't see happening enough 4th at best I am afraid
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17: Feb 27, 2021 02:10:54 pm
      What us winning number 7?

You should know better softlad!!

Can't see both your predictions happening. Unless you get injured players back soon CL will be very hard looking how City & Bayern playing at the moment.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #18: Feb 27, 2021 07:29:15 pm
      The way I see it at the minute is that Liverpool and Chelsea are battling out for 4th.

City will be champions.
      United and Leicester 2nd and 3rd.

I don’t think West Ham will keep up their form.
      Equally, it matters not if our form doesnt pick up as we are more likely to finish outside of Europa places at the minute, never mind top 4.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #19: Feb 28, 2021 09:53:50 am
      Hoping utd do Chelsea. Win our own game after it then
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Mar 04, 2021 08:55:17 am
      Bet some of you non believers believing now.  ;D As United - Leicester - West Ham - Chavs continue to lose points the chasing pack of wolves ready to pounce in this extraordinary season where anything can happen.

After one week my prediction already in doubt  :lmao:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #21: Mar 08, 2021 11:35:55 pm
      Chelsea, city, united and Leicester in next seasons champions league.

Everton spurs and West Ham in Europa.

Liverpool will begin the league cup in the 2nd round.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #22: Mar 08, 2021 11:53:25 pm
      Chelsea, city, united and Leicester in next seasons champions league.

Everton spurs and West Ham in Europa.

Liverpool will begin the league cup in the 2nd round.

I think Leicester will do a standard bottle job and Spurs will nab 4th at the death.

Quick Reply