Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Stevie For Manager ...

Read 7175 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Stevie For Manager ...
      Feb 28, 2021 02:11:05 am
      Press talk over this weekend regarding Stevie becoming manager of LFC.

Its always been a given that in the finest traditions of The Boot Room ....that Stevie would be offered the chance to manager the club he joined as a boy and with whom he became a legend.

Talk is that the German Football League  The DFB   have made JĆ¼rgen their No 1 priority to replace Joachim Low who has been at the helm of the national team since 2006.   17 years.
      Low is contracted to Qatar 2022 but much would depend on this postponed years Euros Championship.

No doubt the press also swinging off the fact of our poor run of form and Stevie's early success at Rangers this season with Gary Mac.

Stevie knows the Academy set up and the club inside out.

Personally I would like to give JĆ¼rgen further time to turn this temporary problem around and get us on a serious run for season
      2021-22.

Too early for Stevie ?

Would Stevie be the obvious choice or would FSG best hire someone outside of club traditions?

What's Jurgens timeline here?

Comments and discussion.

« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2021 08:40:29 am by JD »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Stevie For Manager ...
      Reply #1: Feb 28, 2021 03:55:46 am
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-steven-gerrard-23577524

Its always been a given that in the finest traditions of The Boot Room ....that Stevie would be offered the chance to manager the club he joined as a boy and with whom he became a legend.

Talk is that the German Football League  The DFB   have made JĆ¼rgen their No 1 priority to replace Joachim Low who has been at the helm of the national team since 2006.   17 years.
      Low is contracted to Qatar 2022 but much would depend on this postponed years Euros Championship.

No doubt the press also swinging off the fact of our poor run of form and Stevie's early success at Rangers this season with Gary Mac.

Personally I would like to give JĆ¼rgen further time to turn this temporary problem around and get us on a serious run for season
      2021-22.

Too early for Stevie ?

Would Stevie be the obvious choice or would FSG best hire someone outside of club traditions?

Comments and discussion.

JĆ¼rgen under contract through 2024. He has worked wonders here and restored the club to where it should be. There should be no question whatsoever about his standing here. No reason to be talking about this now.

EDIT: I just held my nose and read that Daily Mirror story. It's good that I held my nose because the story is total horseshit. There's not a single source in it ("It's understood that..." is not a source. It's fabrication). The Germany thing is total bollocks and the Gerrard thing has no sourcing either. Yes Gerrard is someone who could manage Liverpool one day but his work at Rangers really isn't going to do anything for FSG, and again, there is no issue with JĆ¼rgen's standing at the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2: Feb 28, 2021 05:09:59 am
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-steven-gerrard-23577524

2021-22.

Too early for Stevie ?

Comments and discussion.

Throw in Rafa too! Reading a piece by Balague earlier in the week obviously pitching himself for the Celtic job, but further in the piece we crop up and he considers himself to still have "unfinished business" here.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #3: Feb 28, 2021 07:34:47 am
      The Mirror have ran this story in three different guises over the last few days, they seem hell bent on JK leaving us.
      The media didn't rest until Suarez left us and they've done the same with Salah and Real Madrid for a good three years, Mane also with Barca and Real and Bobby with Barca . The Mirror have always done it every year for about 10 years Ryan Giggs was signing for Inter Milan, now I'm not arsed about the Mancs but it shows what utter BS gets spouted.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #4: Feb 28, 2021 07:40:21 am
      Throw in Rafa too! Reading a piece by Balague earlier in the week obviously pitching himself for the Celtic job, but further in the piece we crop up and he considers himself to still have "unfinished business" here.

In 2024 Rafa may well be in the mix, Stevie may have found himself in another job then who knows but I think Klopp has every intention of seeing out his contract but the media won't stop until he's been hounded out that's the way the bas**rds work when they've got their teeth in. Hopefully JĆ¼rgen is big and strong enough to ignore all the sh*te.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #5: Feb 28, 2021 08:07:54 am
      When Klopp does leave then I would expect the new manager to be someone who has proven themselves at the highest level and it being a purely football decision

Right now that isnā€™t Gerrard and if he stays in Scotland he would need to do something in Europe

Rafa - sorry but he may feel he has unfinished business but we have moved on now

I would hope the club look at someone like Nagelsmann, Rose , Stephen
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Feb 28, 2021 08:36:28 am
      Too early for our Ste, but having said that by the time 2024 comes round he could be ready, irrespective if heā€™s still at Rangers, heā€™s doing extremely well at the moment and he is building a very good side, but again we are being sucked into a discussion  that has no basis, ......

All the bollocks from the Mirror or S*n and the like is exactly that, total BOLLOCKS ! ! Typical English press sing your praises to high heaven when things are going great then sh*t on you from high as soon as thereā€™s a sticky patch, and suddenly, Klopp is sh*t, he needs to go, Klopp has lost it, should he resign, and who should replace Klopp, have your say... and then the predictable.....is Gerrard next Liverpool boss, itā€™s f***in clickbait sh*te,

....f***in rags(oh thereā€™s that word again) print any old sh*te for some tw*t to come along read it and believe it, I used to love that Sunday paper with headlines like, ā€œGeorge Best plays football on the moonā€  Its a funny story but you know itā€™s utter bullshit but you read it anyway, well, guess f***in what....?

Y  N  W  A

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #7: Feb 28, 2021 09:01:36 am
      Itā€™s such bollocks, Iā€™m not even gonna post on it.

Oh F**k, I just did 😳
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #8: Feb 28, 2021 09:14:40 am
      Yes of course, he has learned his way up. After Klopp's contract is up in 2024, it's a big yes for me.

However, not now for sure not!
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #9: Feb 28, 2021 10:58:26 am
      No way would I risk him at the moment and the paper talk is just tw*ts in the media trying to unsettle supporters. He's nowhere near ready although showing some potential at Sevco. I'm mostly impressed with his team's performances in Europe (let's be honest the SPFL is a chronic league so not much of a test). He's not got the experience for an elite club yet especially one where he is a legend from his playing days. Will he have it in 4 or 5 years? Time will tell.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Feb 28, 2021 12:03:38 pm
      Stevie is the fantasy manager. Truth is he is not the one  yet.

Id manage Rangers to a scottish title. Hes not proven at all yet.

Hopefully he will be ready some day
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Feb 28, 2021 12:06:33 pm
      Years away, these papers must be struggling for sh1te to write about. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #12: Feb 28, 2021 12:09:02 pm

2021-22.

Too early for Stevie ?

Comments and discussion.

Manchester Echo and Mirror Skip, the Germany job has always been there but our man refuses to be put out to pasture.

The ideal scenario would be for Stevie to be the managerā€™s understudy for a while until such time as the right situation prevails and he takes the reigns.

The shitehawk manc media are going into overdrive attempting to create panic amongst the champions who piss all over them.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #13: Feb 28, 2021 12:12:52 pm
      Years away, these papers must be struggling for sh1te to write about. ;D
      Just adding fuel to our current situation mate,( manc rag that it is) besides its been writing sh*te for decades & will continue do so mate,itā€™s not classed as news today itā€™s F***ing entertainment,would sooner read about lady gagaā€™s dog being dognapped.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: Feb 28, 2021 12:13:33 pm
      If we drop out of the top four for a couple of seasons then it's possible to see Gerrard coming straight across but if we stabilise next season then I think Stevie needs to be going to another job either in the Prem or in the top leagues abroad to build up more experience.

What does encourage me about him is the runs to the last 16 of the Europa League back to back. Got out of some tricky groups and been competitive with some decent teams. We shouldn't forget the standard of Scottish football so his work in Europe has been fantastic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Feb 28, 2021 12:14:28 pm
      When Klopp does leave then I would expect the new manager to be someone who has proven themselves at the highest level and it being a purely football decision

Right now that isnā€™t Gerrard and if he stays in Scotland he would need to do something in Europe

Rafa - sorry but he may feel he has unfinished business but we have moved on now

I would hope the club look at someone like Nagelsmann, Rose , Stephen

In fairness Stevie is doing something in Europe, in fact considerably more than Celtic did this season.

As much as I'm critical of JĆ¼rgen I don't want to see a change straight away, ideally I'd like to see Stevie come in as assistant to JĆ¼rgen in the final year to ensure a smooth transition, but I see no reason why Stevie could not step up to the job in 2-3 years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16: Feb 28, 2021 12:24:59 pm

You hit the nail on the head Brian. Last thing Liverpool want to be doing is making the  same mistake as United did and voting with their heart rather than heads. We see it time and time again clubs making football legends managers all too quickly.

Stevie making all the right noises  at Rangers which will be a good stepping stone onto his next club. However, Klopp going nowhere unless he walks. For me the only way he walks is if the club don't give him decent transfer funds.

Anyway, this is just the usual gutter press / social media doing what they do best. F***ing WANKERS the lot of them.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #17: Feb 28, 2021 01:03:22 pm
      Taken a big interest in rangers since Stevie got the job up there and Iā€™ve been very impressed. You see in Europe how well they're coached, itā€™s like a mixture of klopp and rafas football, an aggressive press but defensively well drilled too (although a few individual errors have let them down of late).

Iā€™d be split in two minds over stevie managing us. Iā€™d love to see him in the dugout one day (how good would it be if he won the title?) but it would be unbearable to watch if we were struggling and fans started to turn on him.

With that said, I still hope JĆ¼rgen Klopp manages us for as long as possible.

For the time being, I hope stevie gets a job in the prem for a club that has no major rivalry with us. When arsenal sack arteta then they might go for Brendan which would free the Leicester job up. That would be a good move for him for this stage of his career.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #18: Feb 28, 2021 01:06:33 pm

Only just saw this before I posted but this is rubbish.

You might be right in that hes not ready just yet but the job hes done at rangers has been incredible.

Itā€™s irrelevant how sh*t Scottish football is. Heā€™s still gone into a club that was in huge transition, a mess in truth, stabilised them and knocked a well established force off their perch who have dominated the division for 9 years.

Heā€™s also got them playing superb football in Europe and has a great chance to reach the quarter finals of the uefa cup, and for rangers thatā€™s a huge achievement, even more so when you consider hes been in the job for 3 years.

Heā€™s done fantastic.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #19: Feb 28, 2021 01:53:40 pm
      Considering this debate as being hypothetical and that Klopp will see out his remaining years of his contract, Gerrard may not be the only name we should be considering, when the time comes, historically we have promoted from within Shanks to Bob, Bob to Joe, Joe to Kenny thatā€™s nigh on 30 years of unrivalled success bar from a season or two, not saying this will be repeated but we do have a fella who I believe can do a Bob Paisley,

Pep Ljinders for me is one of the top coaches in the world, he has a lot of in put and knowledge as part of Kloppā€™s coaching staff, he is not a manager as such but then again nor was Bob or Joe for that matter, but what they do/did know was how things work at Melwood now Axa, he knows all the players individually, their likes & dislikes, their individual training methods, their traits etc, a new manager coming in would have to learn all of this and that will take time, and of course a new managerā€™s philosophy would take time to work to,
      With Pep Ljinders the philosophy is already there, as too is the knowledge of his  players, only thing that isnā€™t there is his own style of play, but I doubt it would be much different form what we are seeing with JĆ¼rgen, attacking rock N roll football,

Know one knows what will happen when JĆ¼rgen decides to hang up his snood, but I do hope that Pep Ljinders is in the minds of those whoā€™s job it is to seek our next manager.

Y  N  W  A
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20: Feb 28, 2021 02:27:26 pm
      We've seen plenty of young managers do well at lesser clubs, only to not make it with the big ones.
      TOP top managers are hard to find.

Am massive fan of Stevie and think he's doing a great job at Rangers, better even than I'd say most people expected when he went in there.
      But it would be a gamble for LFC to be his next job.
      Wouldn't rule him out, but would need to take time on the decision.

Regardless, JĆ¼rgen is going nowhere - top of his list will be to regroup after this fuckpile of a year, and show people 2019/20 was not a one off. Reckon there'll be a fire under him to do that.
      And he says he's going to see out his contract, don't see any reason right now to doubt that.
      Whatever about jobs that'll be available this summer, whenever it is that he leaves us, he'll have a queue of people round the block trying to get him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #21: Feb 28, 2021 02:33:53 pm
      In 2024 Rafa may well be in the mix, Stevie may have found himself in another job then who knows but I think Klopp has every intention of seeing out his contract but the media won't stop until he's been hounded out that's the way the bas**rds work when they've got their teeth in. Hopefully JĆ¼rgen is big and strong enough to ignore all the sh*te.

Has to be added that in the piece I read, within one of the answers given by Rafa he states what a brilliant job Klopp has been doing and that it would be madness to even think about replacing Klopp.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #22: Feb 28, 2021 02:34:39 pm
      F***ing madness we have the best manager in the F***ing world what the F**k is this about

Quick Reply