Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - Premier League - Thursday 4th March; 20:15

Read 5320 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - Premier League - Thursday 4th March; 20:15
      Mar 02, 2021 10:20:59 pm
      Supposedly Alisson, Fab and Jota back for this one, but we'll wait and see.

Important match to say the least.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - Premier League - Thursday 4th March; 20:15
      Reply #1: Mar 02, 2021 11:10:42 pm
      Supposedly Alisson, Fab and Jota back for this one, but we'll wait and see.

Important match to say the least.

Big call in Fab if he plays and where he slots in . They will play Warner for this and try and utilise his pace against us
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #2: Mar 02, 2021 11:25:00 pm
      A draw would not be too bad a result, against Chelsea. At the same time a win and another 3 points even better. Going for a 2-1 win for the champions, to end our poor run of form at home.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #3: Mar 02, 2021 11:31:21 pm
      Big call in Fab if he plays and where he slots in . They will play Warner for this and try and utilise his pace against us

Lucky for us Werner needs about 50 chances to score in a game.

We actually have proper squad options again for the first time in what feels like ages.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Mar 03, 2021 01:42:51 am
      Big game, let's F**k these Chav cu*ts over!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5: Mar 03, 2021 06:29:01 am
      A game that we need to win in reality to keep our fight for top 4 going.
      We usually do well at Anfield against the Chavs, I can see us getting at least a draw, but we should be able to win if we dont hand them silly goals.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #6: Mar 03, 2021 07:13:09 am
      Werner v Kabak would be a massive worry for me
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Mar 03, 2021 09:13:46 am
      If Alisson feels ok he starts.

If Fab is fit for me he goes in beside Philips. Keita or Shaq in the right of the middle 3 Thiago central. Jones left unless those ice packs Sunday night were for more then swelling
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2021 10:50:10 am
      Hope the lads turn on a good performance against the Chavs, especially in memory of the great club legend, Ian St.John.
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2021 10:54:48 am
      Hopefully beat the rent boys and shut them up for a while.

Feel as if Phillips & Kabak should remain at CB and hopefully Fab slots back into the holding role. Tuchel does like playing Giroud so that plays right into the hands of Phillips who hasnt put a foot wrong IMO. Lack of pace yes, but hes everything else you want in a CB.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2021 11:04:03 am
      If Fab is ft then I'd play him and Nat in defence, We need as strong a defence as possible against Chelsea, they are in decent form at the moment.

I actually fancy us to win this game, but I also think they'll score, so I'll go for a nerve jangling 3-2 to us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2021 01:34:27 pm
      I’m reading we may have Alison, Fab, Jotta and Keita all available tomorrow.
      That would be a huge boost to everyone.
      On the strength of that, I’ve changed my prediction from 3:2 to 3:1.
      Think they’ll get a consolation late on, but I rekon with the upgrade in our starting 11 since Sunday, we are gonna dominate midfield, and with our 3 amigos plus Jotta we are gonna give them a bit of a run around.
      Our chances are starting to go in, so 3 out of the 12 we create will be enough.
      Can’t wait now !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2021 01:51:56 pm
      If Fab is ft then I'd play him and Nat in defence, We need as strong a defence as possible against Chelsea, they are in decent form at the moment.

I actually fancy us to win this game, but I also think they'll score, so I'll go for a nerve jangling 3-2 to us.

f***in hell Heimy I actually agree with you, have you had your covid jab cos this is most unusual, check for side effects mate maybe your morphing into a half decent humanoid,
      Anyhoo enough of the niceties, Chavs although decent will bring the best out in us, hope Jones is fit id have him Thiago and the impressive Gini in midfield and the usual suspects up top.  Perhaps slightly predictable but i still think those three frighten the sh*t out of defences, 

If indeed Fabinho, Naby & Jota are back what a boost that will be for everyone.

2-1 Champions

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2021 03:53:01 pm
      If fully fit then Fab needs to start in midfield. Give Gini the rest and maybe give Naby a game as well.

Wouldn't worry about defence. Need to be firing up front and giving them something to think about.

Going to be a very tough game. Tuchel an upgrade on Frank and will prey on our weaknesses better.

I'd be content with 4 points from our next two games under the circumstances.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2021 03:57:31 pm
      If Fab is ft then I'd play him and Nat in defence,

I'd rather Fabinho defended from midfield. I think the experiment of Fab/Hendo missing from midfield has already proven to be a spectacular failure.

Sooner one of them is back in there the better IMO.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #15: Mar 03, 2021 04:23:13 pm
      I really feel we'll be up for this, the win at Sheffield on Sunday hopefully will give us the impetus to have good go at these, as long as we concentrate and get at them early, show them we mean business, I think we'll win, not comfortably but a win nonetheless.

Be a nice boost to the squad if Jota, Ali and Fab are all there too, looking forward to getting our home record back on track with a win.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #16: Mar 03, 2021 05:16:05 pm
      We'll win this one. Klopp isn't going to let smug Tuchel get one over on him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Mar 03, 2021 05:27:54 pm
      I'd rather Fabinho defended from midfield. I think the experiment of Fab/Hendo missing from midfield has already proven to be a spectacular failure.

Sooner one of them is back in there the better IMO.

I sort of agree with you BUT a CB of Nat and Kabak against Chelsea is a bit too scary for me, unless Fab plays extremely deep, almost as a third CB.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #18: Mar 03, 2021 05:44:32 pm
      Have Robbo and Trent super attacking, and have Fab has a third CB with the freedom to roam forward when we have the ball.

Alisson
      Trent - Phillips - Kabak - Robbo
                      Fabinho
                   Gini - Thiago
             Salah - Bobby - Mane
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19: Mar 03, 2021 05:51:47 pm
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #20: Mar 03, 2021 05:57:38 pm
      I can see Fab being slotted straight in at CB.

I'd like to see:

Alisson

Trent       Phillips      Fab        Robbo

Thiago     Gini     

Mane             Jones            Jota

Salah
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #21: Mar 03, 2021 08:37:33 pm
      Can’t bear to lose again at home, surely it can’t happen
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #22: Mar 03, 2021 09:48:09 pm
      Need the forwards to take the chances, they may be offered.  Stop this, and just go for it.  YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #23: Mar 03, 2021 09:52:47 pm
      I’m reading we may have Alison, Fab, Jotta and Keita all available tomorrow.
      That would be a huge boost to everyone.
      On the strength of that, I’ve changed my prediction from 3:2 to 3:1.
      Think they’ll get a consolation late on, but I rekon with the upgrade in our starting 11 since Sunday, we are gonna dominate midfield, and with our 3 amigos plus Jotta we are gonna give them a bit of a run around.
      Our chances are starting to go in, so 3 out of the 12 we create will be enough.
      Can’t wait now !

Sounds like all but Jota. Diogo trained on his own today and I think Jürgen is pretty strict that you have to train with the team, the full session, before you get into the squad. He was ready for Sheffield United before he got sick. I would look for him at the weekend instead.

Fabinho in midfield for me. I think we get more out of Thiago if Fab is also there.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #24: Mar 03, 2021 10:05:33 pm
      Results have gone our way today, gotta take advantage tomorrow...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      Reply #25: Mar 03, 2021 10:05:40 pm
      Extra incentive now after todays results a win tomorrow leaves us only 5 points off 2nd
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #26: Mar 03, 2021 10:09:19 pm
      This is a big, big game now. Can make a real statement with a win.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #27: Mar 03, 2021 10:55:17 pm
      Mo to pull out another scorcher! Come on Boys, lets take advantage of the teams above us F***ing up, 2 rounds in a row!!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #28: Mar 03, 2021 10:56:23 pm
      This is a big, big game now. Can make a real statement with a win.

Chavs probably thinking the same. We just gotta boss midfield and get a huge performance from our defence.  Everything else should take care of itself !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #29: Mar 03, 2021 11:19:16 pm
      Chavs probably thinking the same. We just gotta boss midfield and get a huge performance from our defence.  Everything else should take care of itself !

F**k what those cu*ts think!  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #30: Mar 03, 2021 11:46:30 pm
      Please don't put Fabinho back to the back.  We need him cover the DM.  Just let the centre backs do the centre backs.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #31: Mar 04, 2021 12:36:07 am
      Leave Philips & Kabak as CB’s, drop Fabinho & Keita back into the midfield with Thiago..

Going for a 2-1 win to the Redmen..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,244 posts | 4929 
      Reply #32: Mar 04, 2021 09:16:43 am
      If Fabinho is ready he has to play midfield for me.

Leave Phillips and Kabak at CB and let Fab protect on his best position.

Be keen to get Naby into midfield as well but would be harsh on Jones after how well he played last game.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #33: Mar 04, 2021 09:28:11 am

Be keen to get Naby into midfield as well but would be harsh on Jones after how well he played last game.

No way Jones gets dropped after his last performance the lad ran the show.

I think Jürgen will go with Fab and Kabak at CB.

Same midfield as the last game with Naby and Jota to come on second half.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Mar 04, 2021 10:20:43 am

So you are happy having two slow inexperienced CB's up against Werner because I'm not, I think that would be suicidal. I'd be OK with Fab playing DM but he'd have to sit very very deep, almost a s a third CB but then you lose control in midfield.

It's a tricky decision but I'd go with Fab and Nat as CB then have Thiago, Curtis and Gini in midfield with Keita to come in at some point, perhaps also Jota if fit.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,111 posts | 83 
      Reply #35: Mar 04, 2021 10:38:26 am
      Trust Nat and Ozan! The season is long and Jürgen needs to give both time to get into some rhythm together.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,111 posts | 83 
      Reply #36: Mar 04, 2021 10:39:30 am
      And just for the protocol: I'd take a draw.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37: Mar 04, 2021 10:53:40 am
      If fully fit then Fab needs to start in midfield. Give Gini the rest and maybe give Naby a game as well.

Wouldn't worry about defence. Need to be firing up front and giving them something to think about.

Going to be a very tough game. Tuchel an upgrade on Frank and will prey on our weaknesses better.

I'd be content with 4 points from our next two games under the circumstances.

Aye this will be very difficult to get a result of any type. A point here would not be terrible. We need to keep Chelsea close to us in the table if we can. Going to be tough for the back line this one and we have to accept we will concede so we need to score a few.

Pretty certain Fab goes back to defence though.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #38: Mar 04, 2021 11:48:16 am
      I'd be inclined to have Fab at CB, not in midfield. I don't like the idea of Phillips and Kabak having to deal with the fast Chelsea front line. Fab isn't quick but he showed in the first game against these how well he can play fast strikers, so I'd prefer him there than midfield.

Theres no point having him in midfield pressing if Chelsea can just play long balls over his head that Phillips and Kabak will struggle with against Werner, Pulisic etc.

Midfield from Gini, Thiago, Curtis and Naby (if fit).

Would take a draw here, I can see a few others would too. A win, with results last night, would be huge, but a draw is an okay result.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39: Mar 04, 2021 12:00:32 pm
      Just win, dont care how, just win.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #40: Mar 04, 2021 12:01:19 pm
      Fab in midfield. At least fouls are penalised as free kicks and not pens. He protects the CBs giving them a higher margin for error.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #41: Mar 04, 2021 12:02:05 pm
      Just win, dont care how, just win.

Yes. Even with heavy casualty. We disregard how.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      Reply #42: Mar 04, 2021 12:05:27 pm
      Huge game in the battle for top 4.

Id demand a massive performance gor themselves, for us, for the kings birthday and for the Saints memory

Bury these fuckers
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #43: Mar 04, 2021 01:03:04 pm
      Is Milner still injured? Think I'd throw him into the midfield as a water carrier if Fab is going to play centre half. Would probably have Gini & Curtis as the other two
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #44: Mar 04, 2021 01:39:46 pm
      Is Milner still injured? Think I'd throw him into the midfield as a water carrier if Fab is going to play centre half. Would probably have Gini & Curtis as the other two
      He’s fit as far as I’m aware as he was named on the bench last Sunday.
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #45: Mar 04, 2021 01:58:52 pm
      its about time we stopped losing at home, and they haven't lost under this new manager yet - so it would be nice to end his unbeaten tag.
      3 points would restore massive confidence, as I don't think you can get too carried away by beaten Sheff Utd
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #46: Mar 04, 2021 02:13:49 pm
      He’s fit as far as I’m aware as he was named on the bench last Sunday.

Milner played the last 15 mins - on for Thiago.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      Reply #47: Mar 04, 2021 04:27:49 pm
      16 posts today about arguably the biggest game of the season yet.

3 posts wishing our greatest ever a happy 70th birthday.

Wait until you see here at 10pm tonight if we dont win this game, and the owners thread. Be queues to get in then
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #48: Mar 04, 2021 04:41:15 pm
      Can’t believe people are persisting with kabak in defence. I’d be half confident of him marking giroud who is hardly known for his moment but anybody else will cause him and us major problems. Dreading thinking about it.

If Fabinho plays then he goes in at centre half next to Phillips. We’ve got players capable of filling in in the midfield but we desperately need a half decent player at the back.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #49: Mar 04, 2021 04:59:42 pm

Wait until you see here at 10pm tonight if we dont win this game, and the owners thread. Be queues to get in then

To be fair, I’m just keeping quiet as can’t psyche myself (considering our home form)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      Reply #50: Mar 04, 2021 05:14:17 pm
      Dont care who plays or doesnt. I just want passion for 90 minutes. Press them and press them again. Out move them outplay them out fight them.

Our sh*te run is done. We kick on from tonight. Were champions lets F***ing show it. Our title will pasd on in May but lets fight  to the end to be 2nd

Come on Redmen.. YNWA

DALGLISH

ST JOHN
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,170 posts | 520 
      Reply #51: Mar 04, 2021 05:53:05 pm
      Dont care who plays or doesnt. I just want passion for 90 minutes. Press them and press them again. Out move them outplay them out fight them.

Our sh*te run is done. We kick on from tonight. Were champions lets f**king show it. Our title will pasd on in May but lets fight  to the end to be 2nd

Come on Redmen.. YNWA

DALGLISH

ST JOHN

Well said Brian. C'mon  the Redmen let's do this.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #52: Mar 04, 2021 06:03:57 pm
      Not sure Tuchel knows his best X1 yet so to that end I doubt he'll know which of players to get the best from against us,

We'll have Allison back, Fabinho too ,Naby if he plays and hopefully even Jota, immediately our bench will be much stronger with varying options, something we haven't had for f***in months,

Allison, Trent, Phillips, Fabinho, Robbo, Wijnaldom, Jones, Thiago, Salah, Mane,Bobby,

Subs; Adrian, Neco, Kabak, Milner, Naby, Jota, Shaqiri

Get at these Chavvy bas**rds from the start, and don't let them breath, they will crumble, I can see us doing them by three, with relative ease.

3-1 Champions

YNWA
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #53: Mar 04, 2021 06:34:11 pm

To be fair Brian some fuckers work and home school am I ok to post now ? :lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,416 posts | 3409 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #54: Mar 04, 2021 06:40:09 pm
      Craig pawson has been replaced as referee tonight by......Martin F***ing Atkinson 
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #55: Mar 04, 2021 06:41:08 pm
      Didn't know Twatkinson was reffing this one . Interesting team selection but refreshing that we now have options in both  midfield and defence.  Really think Fab needs to slot into defence although would love to see him back just in front either way lets just smash these
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #56: Mar 04, 2021 06:53:49 pm
      Was great to win against Sheff Utd, but hard to tell much from that game, they were pretty poor.
      Chavs will put us under a lot more pressure at the back, and are on a better run of form.

Good to have Ali back [though Adrian did fine] and Fab too. Pity too soon for Jota.

Who'd have thought the question at CB would be who should partner Nat. He's done really well imho, given where he's come from, early selections from Jürgen where he eventually proved he was a better choice than Williams. Kabak for me is too slow so if Fab is fit, I'd be torn whether to play him at CB in this one. Not sure Jürgen will go that way, and there is something to said for saying fuckit, play the CBs at CB and the midfielders in the middle. Just think Kabak is an accident waiting to happen. Will see.

Middle from Thiago/Jones/Gini/Fab.
      Front Mo/Mane and probably Bob as Jota not ready.

Would be MASSIVE to win.
      Whatever about the away win vs Sheff Utd, we've been crap at home, really struggled to score.

Based on the form of both teams, not that confident, so would make a win all the sweeter :)

C'mon boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #57: Mar 04, 2021 06:59:00 pm
      Jota's in the squad for the game :)

Quick Reply