Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - Premier League - Thursday 4th March; 20:15

Read 5201 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - Premier League - Thursday 4th March; 20:15
      Mar 02, 2021 10:20:59 pm
      Supposedly Alisson, Fab and Jota back for this one, but we'll wait and see.

Important match to say the least.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1631 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - Premier League - Thursday 4th March; 20:15
      Reply #1: Mar 02, 2021 11:10:42 pm
      Supposedly Alisson, Fab and Jota back for this one, but we'll wait and see.

Important match to say the least.

Big call in Fab if he plays and where he slots in . They will play Warner for this and try and utilise his pace against us
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #2: Mar 02, 2021 11:25:00 pm
      A draw would not be too bad a result, against Chelsea. At the same time a win and another 3 points even better. Going for a 2-1 win for the champions, to end our poor run of form at home.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3: Mar 02, 2021 11:31:21 pm
      Big call in Fab if he plays and where he slots in . They will play Warner for this and try and utilise his pace against us

Lucky for us Werner needs about 50 chances to score in a game.

We actually have proper squad options again for the first time in what feels like ages.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Mar 03, 2021 01:42:51 am
      Big game, let's F**k these Chav cu*ts over!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5: Mar 03, 2021 06:29:01 am
      A game that we need to win in reality to keep our fight for top 4 going.
      We usually do well at Anfield against the Chavs, I can see us getting at least a draw, but we should be able to win if we dont hand them silly goals.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #6: Mar 03, 2021 07:13:09 am
      Werner v Kabak would be a massive worry for me
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Mar 03, 2021 09:13:46 am
      If Alisson feels ok he starts.

If Fab is fit for me he goes in beside Philips. Keita or Shaq in the right of the middle 3 Thiago central. Jones left unless those ice packs Sunday night were for more then swelling
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2021 10:50:10 am
      Hope the lads turn on a good performance against the Chavs, especially in memory of the great club legend, Ian St.John.
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2021 10:54:48 am
      Hopefully beat the rent boys and shut them up for a while.

Feel as if Phillips & Kabak should remain at CB and hopefully Fab slots back into the holding role. Tuchel does like playing Giroud so that plays right into the hands of Phillips who hasnt put a foot wrong IMO. Lack of pace yes, but hes everything else you want in a CB.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2021 11:04:03 am
      If Fab is ft then I'd play him and Nat in defence, We need as strong a defence as possible against Chelsea, they are in decent form at the moment.

I actually fancy us to win this game, but I also think they'll score, so I'll go for a nerve jangling 3-2 to us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2021 01:34:27 pm
      I’m reading we may have Alison, Fab, Jotta and Keita all available tomorrow.
      That would be a huge boost to everyone.
      On the strength of that, I’ve changed my prediction from 3:2 to 3:1.
      Think they’ll get a consolation late on, but I rekon with the upgrade in our starting 11 since Sunday, we are gonna dominate midfield, and with our 3 amigos plus Jotta we are gonna give them a bit of a run around.
      Our chances are starting to go in, so 3 out of the 12 we create will be enough.
      Can’t wait now !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2021 01:51:56 pm
      If Fab is ft then I'd play him and Nat in defence, We need as strong a defence as possible against Chelsea, they are in decent form at the moment.

I actually fancy us to win this game, but I also think they'll score, so I'll go for a nerve jangling 3-2 to us.

f***in hell Heimy I actually agree with you, have you had your covid jab cos this is most unusual, check for side effects mate maybe your morphing into a half decent humanoid,
      Anyhoo enough of the niceties, Chavs although decent will bring the best out in us, hope Jones is fit id have him Thiago and the impressive Gini in midfield and the usual suspects up top.  Perhaps slightly predictable but i still think those three frighten the sh*t out of defences, 

If indeed Fabinho, Naby & Jota are back what a boost that will be for everyone.

2-1 Champions

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2021 03:53:01 pm
      If fully fit then Fab needs to start in midfield. Give Gini the rest and maybe give Naby a game as well.

Wouldn't worry about defence. Need to be firing up front and giving them something to think about.

Going to be a very tough game. Tuchel an upgrade on Frank and will prey on our weaknesses better.

I'd be content with 4 points from our next two games under the circumstances.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2021 03:57:31 pm
      If Fab is ft then I'd play him and Nat in defence,

I'd rather Fabinho defended from midfield. I think the experiment of Fab/Hendo missing from midfield has already proven to be a spectacular failure.

Sooner one of them is back in there the better IMO.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #15: Mar 03, 2021 04:23:13 pm
      I really feel we'll be up for this, the win at Sheffield on Sunday hopefully will give us the impetus to have good go at these, as long as we concentrate and get at them early, show them we mean business, I think we'll win, not comfortably but a win nonetheless.

Be a nice boost to the squad if Jota, Ali and Fab are all there too, looking forward to getting our home record back on track with a win.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #16: Mar 03, 2021 05:16:05 pm
      We'll win this one. Klopp isn't going to let smug Tuchel get one over on him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Mar 03, 2021 05:27:54 pm
      I'd rather Fabinho defended from midfield. I think the experiment of Fab/Hendo missing from midfield has already proven to be a spectacular failure.

Sooner one of them is back in there the better IMO.

I sort of agree with you BUT a CB of Nat and Kabak against Chelsea is a bit too scary for me, unless Fab plays extremely deep, almost as a third CB.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #18: Mar 03, 2021 05:44:32 pm
      Have Robbo and Trent super attacking, and have Fab has a third CB with the freedom to roam forward when we have the ball.

Alisson
      Trent - Phillips - Kabak - Robbo
                      Fabinho
                   Gini - Thiago
             Salah - Bobby - Mane
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19: Mar 03, 2021 05:51:47 pm
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #20: Mar 03, 2021 05:57:38 pm
      I can see Fab being slotted straight in at CB.

I'd like to see:

Alisson

Trent       Phillips      Fab        Robbo

Thiago     Gini     

Mane             Jones            Jota

Salah
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #21: Mar 03, 2021 08:37:33 pm
      Can’t bear to lose again at home, surely it can’t happen
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #22: Mar 03, 2021 09:48:09 pm
      Need the forwards to take the chances, they may be offered.  Stop this, and just go for it.  YNWA

Quick Reply