Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - Premier League - Thursday 4th March; 20:15

Read 5198 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - Premier League - Thursday 4th March; 20:15
      Reply #23: Mar 03, 2021 09:52:47 pm
      I’m reading we may have Alison, Fab, Jotta and Keita all available tomorrow.
      That would be a huge boost to everyone.
      On the strength of that, I’ve changed my prediction from 3:2 to 3:1.
      Think they’ll get a consolation late on, but I rekon with the upgrade in our starting 11 since Sunday, we are gonna dominate midfield, and with our 3 amigos plus Jotta we are gonna give them a bit of a run around.
      Our chances are starting to go in, so 3 out of the 12 we create will be enough.
      Can’t wait now !

Sounds like all but Jota. Diogo trained on his own today and I think Jürgen is pretty strict that you have to train with the team, the full session, before you get into the squad. He was ready for Sheffield United before he got sick. I would look for him at the weekend instead.

Fabinho in midfield for me. I think we get more out of Thiago if Fab is also there.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #24: Mar 03, 2021 10:05:33 pm
      Results have gone our way today, gotta take advantage tomorrow...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Mar 03, 2021 10:05:40 pm
      Extra incentive now after todays results a win tomorrow leaves us only 5 points off 2nd
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #26: Mar 03, 2021 10:09:19 pm
      This is a big, big game now. Can make a real statement with a win.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27: Mar 03, 2021 10:55:17 pm
      Mo to pull out another scorcher! Come on Boys, lets take advantage of the teams above us F***ing up, 2 rounds in a row!!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #28: Mar 03, 2021 10:56:23 pm
      This is a big, big game now. Can make a real statement with a win.

Chavs probably thinking the same. We just gotta boss midfield and get a huge performance from our defence.  Everything else should take care of itself !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Mar 03, 2021 11:19:16 pm
      Chavs probably thinking the same. We just gotta boss midfield and get a huge performance from our defence.  Everything else should take care of itself !

F**k what those cu*ts think!  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #30: Mar 03, 2021 11:46:30 pm
      Please don't put Fabinho back to the back.  We need him cover the DM.  Just let the centre backs do the centre backs.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #31: Mar 04, 2021 12:36:07 am
      Leave Philips & Kabak as CB’s, drop Fabinho & Keita back into the midfield with Thiago..

Going for a 2-1 win to the Redmen..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #32: Mar 04, 2021 09:16:43 am
      If Fabinho is ready he has to play midfield for me.

Leave Phillips and Kabak at CB and let Fab protect on his best position.

Be keen to get Naby into midfield as well but would be harsh on Jones after how well he played last game.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #33: Mar 04, 2021 09:28:11 am

Be keen to get Naby into midfield as well but would be harsh on Jones after how well he played last game.

No way Jones gets dropped after his last performance the lad ran the show.

I think Jürgen will go with Fab and Kabak at CB.

Same midfield as the last game with Naby and Jota to come on second half.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Mar 04, 2021 10:20:43 am

So you are happy having two slow inexperienced CB's up against Werner because I'm not, I think that would be suicidal. I'd be OK with Fab playing DM but he'd have to sit very very deep, almost a s a third CB but then you lose control in midfield.

It's a tricky decision but I'd go with Fab and Nat as CB then have Thiago, Curtis and Gini in midfield with Keita to come in at some point, perhaps also Jota if fit.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #35: Mar 04, 2021 10:38:26 am
      Trust Nat and Ozan! The season is long and Jürgen needs to give both time to get into some rhythm together.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #36: Mar 04, 2021 10:39:30 am
      And just for the protocol: I'd take a draw.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37: Mar 04, 2021 10:53:40 am
      If fully fit then Fab needs to start in midfield. Give Gini the rest and maybe give Naby a game as well.

Wouldn't worry about defence. Need to be firing up front and giving them something to think about.

Going to be a very tough game. Tuchel an upgrade on Frank and will prey on our weaknesses better.

I'd be content with 4 points from our next two games under the circumstances.

Aye this will be very difficult to get a result of any type. A point here would not be terrible. We need to keep Chelsea close to us in the table if we can. Going to be tough for the back line this one and we have to accept we will concede so we need to score a few.

Pretty certain Fab goes back to defence though.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #38: Mar 04, 2021 11:48:16 am
      I'd be inclined to have Fab at CB, not in midfield. I don't like the idea of Phillips and Kabak having to deal with the fast Chelsea front line. Fab isn't quick but he showed in the first game against these how well he can play fast strikers, so I'd prefer him there than midfield.

Theres no point having him in midfield pressing if Chelsea can just play long balls over his head that Phillips and Kabak will struggle with against Werner, Pulisic etc.

Midfield from Gini, Thiago, Curtis and Naby (if fit).

Would take a draw here, I can see a few others would too. A win, with results last night, would be huge, but a draw is an okay result.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39: Mar 04, 2021 12:00:32 pm
      Just win, dont care how, just win.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #40: Mar 04, 2021 12:01:19 pm
      Fab in midfield. At least fouls are penalised as free kicks and not pens. He protects the CBs giving them a higher margin for error.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #41: Mar 04, 2021 12:02:05 pm
      Just win, dont care how, just win.

Yes. Even with heavy casualty. We disregard how.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42: Mar 04, 2021 12:05:27 pm
      Huge game in the battle for top 4.

Id demand a massive performance gor themselves, for us, for the kings birthday and for the Saints memory

Bury these fuckers
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #43: Mar 04, 2021 01:03:04 pm
      Is Milner still injured? Think I'd throw him into the midfield as a water carrier if Fab is going to play centre half. Would probably have Gini & Curtis as the other two
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #44: Mar 04, 2021 01:39:46 pm
      Is Milner still injured? Think I'd throw him into the midfield as a water carrier if Fab is going to play centre half. Would probably have Gini & Curtis as the other two
      He’s fit as far as I’m aware as he was named on the bench last Sunday.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #45: Mar 04, 2021 01:58:52 pm
      its about time we stopped losing at home, and they haven't lost under this new manager yet - so it would be nice to end his unbeaten tag.
      3 points would restore massive confidence, as I don't think you can get too carried away by beaten Sheff Utd

Quick Reply