Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      11 (19.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      5 (8.8%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (8.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2021 10:06:32 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30982 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Mar 05, 2021 12:52:17 pm

Pretty sure your right.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #783: Mar 05, 2021 12:53:44 pm

Liverpool fan wouldn't say that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #784: Mar 05, 2021 12:54:26 pm
      And ? Does that mean we must start acting like other fans demanding the owner replaced - just like you did when Rafa had his struggles

Klopp has earned the respect and the time to pull things around - he does not deserved wankers like and those other social media fans pointing fingers at him

I 100% agree that Klopp has earned respect and I have said that in every post, but that does not mean we have to leave him in charge whilst the ship is sinking.
      In any case Klopp will get until the end of the year, lets hope he can turn it around, but what would be your opinion if Leipzig knock us out of CL on Wednesday and we only pick up a handful more wins in the league this season and finish up bottom half?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #785: Mar 05, 2021 12:55:07 pm
      It was a disgraceful performance by a mile, only to register one shot on goal in 84 minutes by dispirited players who were sent out to play a game by a nutcase manager without a proper game plan, not a change in the formation and with the same useless players, the worst of them were Salah, Firmino, Gini, Trent, and the goal was down to our World Class CF Firmino!!.

I have been a fan of LFC since 1969, and this is the worst of an LFC team that I have ever seen, the success blip after 30 years of painful wait has totally gone, and the new long wait has already started.

If this nutcase manager has a bit of dignity, then he ought to resign immediately before getting the sack, he has lost the plot and he was speechless and mouthing off nonsense and pitiful excuses, whereas, Chelsea's manager was explaining his spot on tactics against the boring and naive tactics of our nutcase manager.

I have already predicted that Chelsea will beat us at home and they will not be the last!. I am still amazed by some of our fan's prediction that Klopp's team will finish in the top four, the best this team can achieve is to cement the 11th or 10th spot in the league in order to avoid the drop. In regards to rebuilding the LFC's team for next season, it will be another disastrous season, if it is left to the nutcase Klopp!! A new manager is required and major clearance is also required for the likes of Salah, Firmino, Ox, Origi, Keita, Matip, Gini, Kabak.

Just Look at Klopp's history at Dortmund, HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF AT LFC.

Blow it out your arse.
      This balloon is no Liverpool supporter.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #786: Mar 05, 2021 12:56:10 pm

I agree the nutcase manager bit is a bit strong although Klopp is temporarily insane, by Einstein's definition of "repeating the same thing expecting different results", but his main argument is correct, we are crap and Klopp is making bad decisions at the moment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #787: Mar 05, 2021 01:14:52 pm
      I agree the nutcase manager bit is a bit strong although Klopp is temporarily insane, by Einstein's definition of "repeating the same thing expecting different results", but his main argument is correct, we are crap and Klopp is making bad decisions at the moment.

I'm not going over old ground re Klopp. You know my feeling on him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #788: Mar 05, 2021 01:20:08 pm
      It was a disgraceful performance by a mile, only to register one shot on goal in 84 minutes by dispirited players who were sent out to play a game by a nutcase manager without a proper game plan, not a change in the formation and with the same useless players, the worst of them were Salah, Firmino, Gini, Trent, and the goal was down to our World Class CF Firmino!!.

I have been a fan of LFC since 1969, and this is the worst of an LFC team that I have ever seen, the success blip after 30 years of painful wait has totally gone, and the new long wait has already started.

If this nutcase manager has a bit of dignity, then he ought to resign immediately before getting the sack, he has lost the plot and he was speechless and mouthing off nonsense and pitiful excuses, whereas, Chelsea's manager was explaining his spot on tactics against the boring and naive tactics of our nutcase manager.

I have already predicted that Chelsea will beat us at home and they will not be the last!. I am still amazed by some of our fan's prediction that Klopp's team will finish in the top four, the best this team can achieve is to cement the 11th or 10th spot in the league in order to avoid the drop. In regards to rebuilding the LFC's team for next season, it will be another disastrous season, if it is left to the nutcase Klopp!! A new manager is required and major clearance is also required for the likes of Salah, Firmino, Ox, Origi, Keita, Matip, Gini, Kabak.

Just Look at Klopp's history at Dortmund, HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF AT LFC.

MODS,

In the past you have removed certain posts of mine where you thought were inappropriate, yet this clown is allowed to post this utter garbage regarding our manager & players without so much as a warning, I’m not telling you how to do your job but surely you can tell the difference between a genuine fan such as myself and this absolute weapon who’s only objective is to wind up genuine fans of these boards,

His/her title should be enough of a clue as to why he/she posts in this forum?

sh*te !
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #789: Mar 05, 2021 01:26:08 pm
      Once we get a settled centre half pairing and our midfielders back in the position they should be, the performances will improve i am sure.

YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #790: Mar 05, 2021 01:30:07 pm
      I 100% agree that Klopp has earned respect and I have said that in every post, but that does not mean we have to leave him in charge whilst the ship is sinking.
      In any case Klopp will get until the end of the year, lets hope he can turn it around, but what would be your opinion if Leipzig knock us out of CL on Wednesday and we only pick up a handful more wins in the league this season and finish up bottom half?

End of the year ? Ship sinking -  :mad:

Are you unable to even look at the context and the main reasons behind the issues

And if we get knocked out of the CL and finish bottom half my opinion doesn’t change - why the F**k would it

I’m not some internet reactionary fan who drops the support of the manager because a couple months of poor form , Klopp gets the full support until he decides it’s time to go - he has earned that
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #791: Mar 05, 2021 01:34:51 pm
      oh well roll on next season. We won't have fatigue to worry about as we won't be in Europe.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #792: Mar 05, 2021 01:52:23 pm
      And just to add to our woes, looks like Kabac is injured now 😬
      Our CB partnerships could be entering the low twenties by the end of the season !
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #793: Mar 05, 2021 02:06:41 pm
      ;D, threats of violence, how enlightened, how woke!!

Of course there is room for debate, I have acknowledged the amazing job Klopp did, but I also highlight the f**king terrible job he is doing right now and as you well know Managers can't survive on past glories, they have to produce results and 5 home defeats in a row is bloody embarrassing, in fact it has never happed to this great club before, that is quite some record!!

My opinions are my own and they are not intended as a windup, I can assure you of that. I am more than happy to debate this in a civilised manner.

Highlight the part of my post where I threatened you?

You do this all the time, make a statement that will cause a reaction and then play the victim like a little bi*ch.

There is no room for debate when it comes to sacking Jürgen Klopp.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #794: Mar 05, 2021 02:20:05 pm
      Oh wow. I didn't know Klopp is an embarrassment to some of us. I guess it's time to disassociate from him then, being such a big embarrassment. He's our manager and I'm still proud of him. I'm sure loads of us still are.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #795: Mar 05, 2021 02:32:07 pm
      Some wonderful knee jerking hyperbole in this thread which I'll admit has given me great amusement.

Also this is still the post match topic so try and stick to discussion of the actual Chelsea game.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #796: Mar 05, 2021 02:35:39 pm
      Still pissed at Mo’s pass to the hoardings & Mane missing the sitter..😡
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #797: Mar 05, 2021 02:49:17 pm
      Not a big advocate of giving pens for handball but please can someone explain the difference between Kantes and the lad from Fulhams
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #798: Mar 05, 2021 02:50:20 pm
      Not a big advocate of giving pens for handball but please can someone explain the difference between Kantes and the lad from Fulhams

tThis is what is pissing off fans of every team
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #799: Mar 05, 2021 02:50:29 pm
      End of the year ? Ship sinking -  :mad:

Are you unable to even look at the context and the main reasons behind the issues

And if we get knocked out of the CL and finish bottom half my opinion doesn’t change - why the f**k would it

I’m not some internet reactionary fan who drops the support of the manager because a couple months of poor form , Klopp gets the full support until he decides it’s time to go - he has earned that

Out of interest were you against the sacking of Rafa and Brendan, for example are you still unhappy we replaced Brendan with Klopp? If not can you explain why
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #800: Mar 05, 2021 02:50:59 pm
      Still pissed at Mo’s pass to the hoardings & Mane missing the sitter..😡

That Mane miss is huge and the way he fumbled that ball shows you how low on confidence he is. Get that 1-0 lead and it completely changes the game. Relaxes the team and allows us to focus on controlling the game more and play further back defensively.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #801: Mar 05, 2021 02:52:02 pm
      Highlight the part of my post where I threatened you?

You do this all the time, make a statement that will cause a reaction and then play the victim like a little bi*ch.

There is no room for debate when it comes to sacking Jürgen Klopp.

You were talking of me getting my little head smacked in or some such colourful language, sounds a bit violent to me. All I ever want is civil discussion.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #802: Mar 05, 2021 02:53:12 pm

They changed the rule in the middle of the season not to give those which obviously means if you got done earlier in the season you won’t have the opportunity later for that bad luck to equal out!

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #803: Mar 05, 2021 02:55:43 pm
      They changed the rule in the middle of the season not to give those which obviously means if you got done earlier in the season you won’t have the opportunity later for that bad luck to equal out!

Not sure id call Kantes position of his hands natural he was stood iike a nervous keeper in the school yard waiting on a peno to be lashed at him or like a lad the police just nabbed
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #804: Mar 05, 2021 02:55:45 pm
      That Mane miss is huge and the way he fumbled that ball shows you how low on confidence he is. Get that 1-0 lead and it completely changes the game. Relaxes the team and allows us to focus on controlling the game more and play further back defensively.

It would not alter the outcome, Chelsea had several more gears to go through, they were better than us in every single position last night, and that really pisses me off, how far we have fallen, from longest unbeaten home record to most consecutive defeats at home, two records one after the other!

BTW I'm delighted some fans aren't embarrassed by the form of the League champions, but sadly I can't agree, I find this humiliating and depressing.

Quick Reply