Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      11 (19.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      5 (8.8%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (8.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2021 10:06:32 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31857 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Mar 04, 2021 10:59:12 pm
      Wouldn't mind Europa. I'd rather it than no Europe at all.

Ah Euro fizzy cola Thursdays saying, is that a country, the team is called what ...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #645: Mar 04, 2021 11:01:24 pm
      Robbo saying too many heads go down when we go 1 down can't argue with that to be fair

Everyone is crap, every single player is awful at the moment and lost form. Never seen a collapse like it
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #646: Mar 04, 2021 11:03:16 pm
      Ah Euro fizzy cola Thursdays saying, is that a country, the team is called what ...

En Ingles?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #647: Mar 04, 2021 11:03:52 pm
      Love our Robbo!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #648: Mar 04, 2021 11:05:54 pm
      Everyone is crap, every single player is awful at the moment and lost form. Never seen a collapse like it

No fight in the team almost as if they have given up.

Mane now looks slower than Milner
      Bobby’s main role is to give the ball away
      Slowest midfield in the league - non of our midfielders could have scored their goal.
      Robbo and Trent just fire balls into the box without trying to find a player.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #649: Mar 04, 2021 11:07:51 pm
      Can’t even get leathered have to wait till 4pm Friday arvo drinks. Sat in the office looking like a slapped arse .. Fukn Grimm though of Europa if we even make it there.

Death by a thousand cuts this season
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #650: Mar 04, 2021 11:10:46 pm
      Mane now looks slower than Milner

Fell under the radar Mane in terms of criticism. I'm not one to slate the side but Bobby has been getting pelters all season for his goals return, but he's only one goal Premier League goal behind Mane.

As I said not one to point the finger, but I don't think its fair bobby has became the whipping boy
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #651: Mar 04, 2021 11:11:22 pm
      People think Europa league is ok........if we miss out on Top 4, you can forget about any big kitty for transfers.........it’s a nightmare scenario for a club with the 5th highest wages in Europe.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #652: Mar 04, 2021 11:12:15 pm
      No getting away from it we are a broken team, from back to front everything and everyone is broken, we need this season to end pronto, no matter what we try, no matter who we play or how, we are mentally fatigued, and I think the boss is too, there isn’t a cat in hells chance he would make those strange subs last season, no chance, so for me he isn’t thinking clearly and is in some kind of managerial haze, where he believes he’s doing the right thing but in fact it has the opposite effect,

We really do need a full close season and a proper pre-season, all of those players don’t become sh*te after winning a league, 3 years of sheer hard intensive graft has finally taken its toll, they may be fit physically but mentally I think their shot, hence lack of fight, no passion, no hunger, no desire, collectively they are going through a kind of footballing breakdown,

So what happens next, well, nothing except  keep trying, keep playing until the end of the season, and not worry where we end up, apart from the CL which we will still have a fair chance of winning, this season is a total write off anyway,

We cannot keep blaming the loss of Virgil et al and the injuries, they obviously have had a catastrophic effect on our defence of the title but we should still have enough in the tank to beat the WBA, BAHA, & Burnleys etc, of this world,

I’m not one to call for ppl’s heads or sacking manager’s, that’s not the answer, nor will I blame lack of funds or some other bullshit, you cannot put a finger on one single cause, what’s happened to us is a culmination of very bad luck injury wise, the covid sh*t, no fans at Anfield, no real break for nigh on two full seasons plus all the meaningless friendlies all over the f***in globe, I’m beginning to sound like a broken record, our lads, the training staff, the stats guys, the physio’s, the manager, his No’s two & three, all the other important ppl involved  in running this fantastic institution of ours....

....Are All fu**ed....they all need a break...two or three weeks in the sun, relaxing, the re-charging of batteries.....proper grieving time for some....some simple family time for others,

We really do need this season to end and as soon as possible, while we’re still in it I want us to win the CL, but if I’m totally honest I’m not that bothered, because I just want my team back, back to dominating every f***in team in the league , but we need this season to end NOW.

Y  N  W  A

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #653: Mar 04, 2021 11:12:22 pm
      Fell under the radar Mane in terms of criticism. I'm not one to slate the side but Bobby has been getting pelters all season for his goals return, but he's only one goal Premier League goal behind Mane.

As I said not one to point the finger, but I don't think its fair bobby has became the whipping boy

I think it’s because Bobby has been poor for 2 seasons now.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #654: Mar 04, 2021 11:14:55 pm
      I think it’s because Bobby has been poor for 2 seasons now.

Second half of last season he was off the pace but I thought he was brilliant the first half
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #655: Mar 04, 2021 11:16:44 pm
      Second half of last season he was off the pace but I thought he was brilliant the first half

I’m not even going to go in to individuals - from the keeper to the front players, everyone has lost form, nobody looks good.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #656: Mar 04, 2021 11:18:57 pm
      I’m not even going to go in to individuals - from the keeper to the front players, everyone has lost form, nobody looks good.

That's it, cant point the finger. Think Mo probably gets a pass being the top scorer, but the rest are all off the pace
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #657: Mar 04, 2021 11:23:35 pm
      Leipzig are really going to fancy it now in the 2nd leg
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,333 posts | 281 
      Reply #658: Mar 04, 2021 11:24:13 pm
      1) Injuries, general disruption to team
      2) No crowd
      3) Knackered

That's the way I'm looking at it but I'm not making excuses and I am questioning the players attitudes a bit. The attitude to training I'm sure is the same but the crowd would be on their backs which would make them buck up. Klopp did seem down tonight and he's stayed fairly positive so far which is worrying but we are down so you can't blame him.
      Top four will be difficult now but not impossible, I still stick to it 3 wins and you're well up there.
      I don't want Europa League I hate it Thursday nights, it'd be a much more credible competition if teams didn't drop down from Champs League and was a straight two leg knockout like the old UEFA Cup , it'd be a different comp to the CL and more interesting.
      Roll on next season.. I'm not giving up on the CL itself this season if we can get players back but no doubt this season has been flat as a witches tit.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #659: Mar 04, 2021 11:28:44 pm
      I’m still just sat here shattered, can’t move, can’t get motivated, fcuking disastrous start to my 3 day weekend!

F**k Europa, wash your mouths out...I know we are so f**king sh*t at the moment but I’m still gonna back Jürgen’s record of only losing a two legged tie once, so let’s get to that Champs League Final and pull one out of the box for Number 7....that’s the only way we not playing Thursday nights, next season!

Yes, I have had 7 cones in the last 2 hours as it’s the only way I can deal with the hurt!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      Reply #660: Mar 04, 2021 11:30:25 pm
      Leipzig are really going to fancy it now in the 2nd leg

Mate, we lucky we didn’t concede with the very last kick of the first leg, where the Asian striker should have buried it!

0-0 will do me!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #661: Mar 04, 2021 11:37:00 pm
      Spineless performance, absolutely sh*te. Some of them should be F***ing ashamed of themselves. They’ve brought us glory and we’ve been spoilt by them but that was just F***ing sh*te, F***ing piss poor.

First shot on target came in the 80th minute or something like that. How many times have we seen that this season. Just F***ing sh*te. Not good enough.

Jurgens hands are tied somewhat with the injuries we’ve got but he’s part of the problem now too. We all love him and we all want him to stay forever but for fucks sake we go into games week after week with the same team, same system, same tactics and we’ve been sussed. It’s so easy to play against. What the F**k were those subs about as well. Why take salah off? Ok he wasn’t having a great game but he was the best out of the front three and he’s our match winner. Don’t F***ing take him off.  Then milner for the last ten? F***ing WHY? Shaqiri, naby on the bench, even F***ing divock. Why the F**k bring on an ageing defensive player? Proper, proper stupid.

Alison - had little to do, couldnt do anything for the goal.

Trent - thought overall he did ok. Got caught out of position a couple of times but that’s the gamble of him going forward.

Fabinho - should have got tighter to Mount for their goal but that’s probably down to match sharpness and being out for a few weeks. Apart from that I thought he had a good game.

Kabak - noticed he was all over the place on occasion yet again. Sometimes two yards behind the back line, sometimes two yards ahead of the back line. Mobility poor, no pace, just don’t rate him one bit.

Robbo - looks gassed to me. Still gets forward but not with the same energy and pace as were used too.

Wijnaldum - thought first half he was F***ing dreadful. Like he has been for most of the season. Second half however he grew into the game a little bit more and thought he finished the game as one of our better players.

Jones - said it several times on here but he’s not good enough. Age is irrelevant you're either good enough or you’re not and he isn’t. Slows the game down constantly, no energy from him, no effort, no determination, no game intelligence. Don’t see anything from him at all. Rightly dragged off.  Look at the difference between him and Mount tonight. Both similar sort of age, both similar sort of ability, yet Mount is miles ahead of him because he’s got some of the things listed above.

Thiago - another bang average performance, which then becomes poor by his standards. That said, I still thought he offered more than both Gini and Jones. He needs to force the play more and put pressure on the opposition back lines. There was a time in the first half mane mane a run down the middle and Thiago could have attempted the through ball but he played safe and put it out wide to Robbo. Now if that was hendo id have been going mad. So it’s no different for him. Grow a pair and take some F***ing risks.

Mane - got himself in a couple of good positions and should have scored in the first half but it was like he had two left boots on. Same old story with him, he’s been poor all season and lost his killer touch.

Salah - average game. Best out of the front three though. Couldn’t believe he got hooked.

Bobby - time for him to pack his bags I’m afraid. Offers absolutely F**k all and he’s been a passenger in this team for well over twelve months now. Even without his dire goal scoring record, people would argue that he brought the best out of salah and mane or that he worked his bollocks off defensively but he doesn’t do either any more. I’d love to see his regaining possession stats from a couple of years ago to now. A great part of our success but I feel it’s time to move on now.

Ox - did F**k all.

Jota - he brought a little spark straight away. When he’s up to speed he starts for me.

Milner - wasnt on long enough. Couple of decent tackles. Didn’t see the point in bringing him on when the game was crying out for either shaq or keita.

Really pissed off with that tonight and it’s no knee jerk but a re shuffle is needed in the summer. A few of these players need moving on and we need some fresh faces.

sh*te.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #662: Mar 04, 2021 11:46:49 pm
      Another sh*te home performance.

This season has got 2005 written all over it...........we're gonna win the European Cup again.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #663: Mar 04, 2021 11:48:36 pm
      I watch the games nowadays with no hope at all.
      The mentality has broken. From giants to hobbits in a short time.
      Forgetting the horrendous injuries, I wonder if the cancelled parade and champions lap of honour have somehow psychologically dented our state of mind. Like climbing a mountain (which took 30 years) only to get to the top and have the view obstructed by dense fog.
      The feeling of winning the holy grail but at the very moment you claim it the world closes its eyes.

I dunno. But football hasn’t felt the same to me since the first lockdown. The champions celebrations were diluted. So it must have affected the players.

Who knows. But we look tired as a team. We make every opposition look comfortable.

Our run is terrible and we have good enough players to select from to be getting results and performances than we are.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      Reply #664: Mar 04, 2021 11:50:41 pm
      Another sh*te home performance.

This season has got 2005 written all over it...........we're gonna win the European Cup again.

Agreed mate, I don’t see any other outcome!🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #665: Mar 04, 2021 11:59:01 pm
      more than 10 hours since our last open play goal at home......oh wow...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      Reply #666: Mar 05, 2021 12:00:43 am
      more than 10 hours since our last open play goal at home......oh wow...

Not one at Anfield in 2021

How is that even possible?

😩😩😩🤬🤬🤬🤬

Quick Reply