Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      11 (19.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      5 (8.8%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (8.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2021 10:06:32 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31866 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Mar 05, 2021 12:02:16 am
      more than 10 hours since our last open play goal at home......oh wow...

Scary
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #668: Mar 05, 2021 12:09:09 am
      Just got home from work and seen the result.

Gutted with this one if I'm honest. Going to have a read back here to judge how we played.

Grim times isn't it folks.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #669: Mar 05, 2021 12:14:40 am
      Another sh*te home performance.

This season has got 2005 written all over it...........we're gonna win the European Cup again.

I feel it too!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #670: Mar 05, 2021 12:24:38 am
      Basically I think we have stopped pressing properly. From injuries, confidence issues, no crowd and fatigue I would suggest.

We dont have creative players really. We rely on winning the ball and breaking. The red arrows as we once were.

I think Jürgen will have to be firm with a few players sooner rather than later. I hope the players haven't stopped listening to him.

Somehow we need to win that ball back quicker and strike when teams have just lost possession. Even low block teams struggled against us when we pressed them and got the ball forward quickly.

We need to get our full backs into better positions to cross, we need to get the ball to Sadio in more dangerous situations rather than when hes outnumbered wide.

Bobby if he is going to stay in this side needs to be the trigger for the press and when he gets the ball far more incisive.

I think we can accept conceding goals but we need to start scoring again and at least bring the fun back into watching for the fans who need picking up this year. We don't want to watch us have 1 shot on target in the 87th minute.

The stadium is silent but we need to bring back the noise.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #671: Mar 05, 2021 12:35:49 am
      Can we not go outside Kirkby, on a training session, and make some F***ing noise?

Let them hear us and what this form means to us. I'm ready to pay a fine idgaf.

Something has to give them a kick up their ass. Let them hear we're behind them but more importanlty we still exist.

They're playing like they don't have millions of peoples hopes on their shoulders
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #672: Mar 05, 2021 12:35:51 am
      Another sh*te home performance.

This season has got 2005 written all over it...........we're gonna win the European Cup again.

Moses said come 'fourth'....
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #673: Mar 05, 2021 12:37:45 am
      Can we not go outside Kirkby, on a training session, and make some f**king noise?

Something has to give them a kick up their ass. Let them hear we're behind them but more importanlty we still exist.

They're playing like they don't have millions of peoples hopes on their shoulders

Let me know when you're planning on going, I'll go down myself after work and put you on your arse you F***ing meff
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #674: Mar 05, 2021 12:37:50 am
      It's frightening, the drop off we are going through at the moment. I cannot believe what i am watching. I echo the thoughts of many others on here, this Season can't end soon enough.

As damaging as the loss of van Dijk and Gomez has been, for me it is the loss of Hendo and Fab in midfield that has hit us hardest. I said when Dalglish signed Hendo that he would become a major player for Liverpool, i didn't expect him to be this important. His energy is infectious, it drives those around him to push harder and when he is not in that midfield it shows. It is glaringly obvious that he is the lifeblood of this team. Without Fab sat in front of the defence we are vulnerable, when he plays that extra ten yards advanced he protects everyone. He allows the full backs to charge and even the centre backs.

The midfielders haven't been good enough this Season. The chance has been there for Ox, Wijnaldum and Thiago to impress and lay down a marker and they have failed. The only midfielder to impress me has been Curtis Jones, he is something else.

When this Season is over we'll have time to dissect what has been an atrocious Season for all concerned. We can roll out all the excuses we like about out injuries, but as valid as they are there is no excuse for a lack of fight. We have lacked the fight. I can forgive a defeat or a mistake as long as i see the fight, the desire or the longing to win.

I'm afraid i haven't seen it. We are Champions for F**k's sake! Let's start acting like it!

After all Jürgen has done for these players they should be willing to die for him. There is no excuse for a lack of fight, not a single F***ing one!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #675: Mar 05, 2021 12:39:08 am
      Can we not go outside Kirkby, on a training session, and make some f**king noise?

Do you even know where kirkby is without using google maps ya F***ing Manc divvy
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #676: Mar 05, 2021 12:40:27 am
      Do you even know where kirkby is without using google maps ya f**king Manc divvy

You're really fascinated with me.

Just put me on ignore if I annoy you that much you silly tw*t
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #677: Mar 05, 2021 12:45:21 am
      You're really fascinated with me.

Just put me on ignore if I annoy you that much you silly tw*t

Because you’re a little Manc knobhead. You’re probably about 17 living in ya ma’s box room trying to wind up reds on a forum. Go and play fortnite or something ya little tit
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #678: Mar 05, 2021 12:45:48 am
      Spineless performance, absolutely sh*te. Some of them should be f**king ashamed of themselves. They’ve brought us glory and we’ve been spoilt by them but that was just f**king sh*te, f**king piss poor.

First shot on target came in the 80th minute or something like that. How many times have we seen that this season. Just f**king sh*te. Not good enough.

Jurgens hands are tied somewhat with the injuries we’ve got but he’s part of the problem now too. We all love him and we all want him to stay forever but for fucks sake we go into games week after week with the same team, same system, same tactics and we’ve been sussed. It’s so easy to play against. What the f**k were those subs about as well. Why take salah off? Ok he wasn’t having a great game but he was the best out of the front three and he’s our match winner. Don’t f**king take him off.  Then milner for the last ten? F***ing WHY? Shaqiri, naby on the bench, even f**king divock. Why the f**k bring on an ageing defensive player? Proper, proper stupid.

Alison - had little to do, couldnt do anything for the goal.

Trent - thought overall he did ok. Got caught out of position a couple of times but that’s the gamble of him going forward.

Fabinho - should have got tighter to Mount for their goal but that’s probably down to match sharpness and being out for a few weeks. Apart from that I thought he had a good game.

Kabak - noticed he was all over the place on occasion yet again. Sometimes two yards behind the back line, sometimes two yards ahead of the back line. Mobility poor, no pace, just don’t rate him one bit.

Robbo - looks gassed to me. Still gets forward but not with the same energy and pace as were used too.

Wijnaldum - thought first half he was f**king dreadful. Like he has been for most of the season. Second half however he grew into the game a little bit more and thought he finished the game as one of our better players.

Jones - said it several times on here but he’s not good enough. Age is irrelevant you're either good enough or you’re not and he isn’t. Slows the game down constantly, no energy from him, no effort, no determination, no game intelligence. Don’t see anything from him at all. Rightly dragged off.  Look at the difference between him and Mount tonight. Both similar sort of age, both similar sort of ability, yet Mount is miles ahead of him because he’s got some of the things listed above.

Thiago - another bang average performance, which then becomes poor by his standards. That said, I still thought he offered more than both Gini and Jones. He needs to force the play more and put pressure on the opposition back lines. There was a time in the first half mane mane a run down the middle and Thiago could have attempted the through ball but he played safe and put it out wide to Robbo. Now if that was hendo id have been going mad. So it’s no different for him. Grow a pair and take some f**king risks.

Mane - got himself in a couple of good positions and should have scored in the first half but it was like he had two left boots on. Same old story with him, he’s been poor all season and lost his killer touch.

Salah - average game. Best out of the front three though. Couldn’t believe he got hooked.

Bobby - time for him to pack his bags I’m afraid. Offers absolutely f**k all and he’s been a passenger in this team for well over twelve months now. Even without his dire goal scoring record, people would argue that he brought the best out of salah and mane or that he worked his bollocks off defensively but he doesn’t do either any more. I’d love to see his regaining possession stats from a couple of years ago to now. A great part of our success but I feel it’s time to move on now.

Ox - did f**k all.

Jota - he brought a little spark straight away. When he’s up to speed he starts for me.

Milner - wasnt on long enough. Couple of decent tackles. Didn’t see the point in bringing him on when the game was crying out for either shaq or keita.

Really pissed off with that tonight and it’s no knee jerk but a re shuffle is needed in the summer. A few of these players need moving on and we need some fresh faces.

Sh*te.

The more I think about it the more i want to blame the manager. He’s paid F***ing millions, massive contract. If that was a FTSE100 company and performance dropped the way it has then heads would roll at the top.

He needs to sort this out! It’s been awful ever since we won the league. I’ve had enough now, I can’t stand watching a team full of internationals not even working the keeper for 10 F***ing hours of football.

It’s absolutely inexcusable and it has to stop now!!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #679: Mar 05, 2021 12:50:09 am
      The more I think about it the more i want to blame the manager. He’s paid f**king millions, massive contract. If that was a FTSE100 company and performance dropped the way it has then heads would roll at the top.

He needs to sort this out! It’s been awful ever since we won the league. I’ve had enough now, I can’t stand watching a team full of internationals not even working the keeper for 10 f**king hours of football.

It’s absolutely inexcusable and it has to stop now!!

Agreed mate. When you’re going through a rut like we are then you have to find a way to stop it and it just becomes about getting the result. F**k the heavy metal football off. If we have to play 5 at the back then so be it. If we have to drop certain players like Firmino then so be it. But the gaffer is making the same mistakes weekly and we’re seeing the same outcome over and over.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #680: Mar 05, 2021 12:50:26 am
      The more I think about it the more i want to blame the manager. He’s paid f**king millions, massive contract. If that was a FTSE100 company and performance dropped the way it has then heads would roll at the top.

It's not a FTSE100 though is it. It's far f**king from it. Might need to read up on what football actually is. Piss off to your FTSE London Stock Market mr 'London Red' if you want to judge our manager by those rules. We do things differently in Liverpool 
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2021 01:00:26 am by TameImpala »
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #681: Mar 05, 2021 01:04:10 am
      It's not a FTSE100 though is it. It's far f**king from it. Might need to read up on what football actually is. Piss off to your FTSE London Stock Market mr 'London Red' if you want to judge our manager by those rules. We do things differently in Liverpool

Oh so you're implying someone from outside of Liverpool can't be a true red.

Take their money for games, merch and support but they can't truly be a fan.

Rely on them for WORLDWIDE exposure but they're not real reds
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #682: Mar 05, 2021 01:05:19 am

F**k off you little c**t and go listen to your sh*te psychedelic music, F***ing hippy.

If you don’t agree with me then fine, but taking personal digs at where I’m from (London and F***ing proud of it) is overstepping the mark. Now F**k off back to your mummy and daddy who I’m sure make your dinner and pudding every night.

w**ker
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #683: Mar 05, 2021 01:05:58 am
      Oh so you're implying someone from outside of Liverpool can't be a true red.

Take their money for games, merch and support but they can't truly be a fan.

Rely on them for WORLDWIDE exposure but they're not real reds

Didnt Imply that at all you gimp. What I was implying was that bring the CEO of a FTSE100 company is completely different to being manager of Liverpool Football Club
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #684: Mar 05, 2021 01:07:51 am
      Agreed mate. When you’re going through a rut like we are then you have to find a way to stop it and it just becomes about getting the result. F**k the heavy metal football off. If we have to play 5 at the back then so be it. If we have to drop certain players like Firmino then so be it. But the gaffer is making the same mistakes weekly and we’re seeing the same outcome over and over.

How is it heavy metal football though?! We’ve changed that approach last 2 seasons we are 11th in pressing this season and miles behind Leeds who lead this stat by a long way.

We need to start consolidating this season and agree if that means going 5 at the back then so be we need to stop the bleeding.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #685: Mar 05, 2021 01:08:34 am
      Didnt Imply that at all you gimp. What I was implying was that bring the CEO of a FTSE100 company is completely different to being manager of Liverpool Football Club

Leading a team of people to do a job, the FTSE100 reference was just bringing that to life. They are paid FTSE100 wages and more.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #686: Mar 05, 2021 01:09:57 am
      F**k off you little c**t and go listen to your sh*te psychedelic music, f**king hippy.

If you don’t agree with me then fine, but taking personal digs at where I’m from (London and f**king proud of it) is overstepping the mark. Now f**k off back to your mummy and daddy who I’m sure make your dinner and pudding every night.

W**ker

Hahahahaha

I'm not arsed about where you're from I was making a dig at somebody from LONDON making a ridiculous comparison between the manager of LFC and a CEO of a company on the LONDON stock exchange. The world doesn't F***ing revolve around LONDON mate so dont make stupid comparisons next time
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #687: Mar 05, 2021 01:12:33 am
      Leading a team of people to do a job, the FTSE100 reference was just bringing that to life. They are paid FTSE100 wages and more.

Team of people hahahahaha. Cant wait til lockdown is over so I can go the stock exchange and support my stocks with all the lads.

Completely different you muppet. You havent got a clue
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #688: Mar 05, 2021 01:12:33 am

You’ve got to admit mate that Jurgens partly responsible for this mess. Our form is abysmal and he’s done nothing to address it.

He’s had an awful time both on and off the field this season and I can’t imagine how stressed and upset he must be. We’ll obviously support him throughout and I honestly hope he manages us until he retires.

But he somehow needs to stop this rut and find a way of getting results. What we’re doing now clearly isn’t working.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #689: Mar 05, 2021 01:13:29 am
      You’ve got to admit mate that Jurgens partly responsible for this mess. Our form is abysmal and he’s done nothing to address it.

He’s had an awful time both on and off the field this season and I can’t imagine how stressed and upset he must be. We’ll obviously support him throughout and I honestly hope he manages us until he retires.

But he somehow needs to stop this rut and find a way of getting results. What we’re doing now clearly isn’t working.

Yeah he's been off the pace same as the whole team. Cant be comparing him to a F***ing CEO though and making comparisons with the london stock exchange hahaha

Quick Reply