Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      11 (19.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      5 (8.8%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (8.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2021 10:06:32 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31010 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Mar 05, 2021 01:14:20 am
      Put me on block and get on with your life dickhead.

No I won’t put you on block. I’ll keep highlighting your wum bollocks until the mods finally clock you’re a little shithouse Manc and see you off.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #691: Mar 05, 2021 01:17:30 am
      Team of people hahahahaha. Cant wait til lockdown is over so I can go the stock exchange and support my stocks with all the lads.

Completely different you muppet. You havent got a clue

How’s it different? In terms of responsibility?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #692: Mar 05, 2021 01:19:49 am
      Put me on block and get on with your life dickhead.

When basically everyone here thinks you’re a knob maybe you should realize you’re the problem?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #693: Mar 05, 2021 01:20:02 am
      How’s it different? In terms of responsibility?

Completely different
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #694: Mar 05, 2021 01:23:30 am
      How is it heavy metal football though?! We’ve changed that approach last 2 seasons we are 11th in pressing this season and miles behind Leeds who lead this stat by a long way.

We need to start consolidating this season and agree if that means going 5 at the back then so be we need to stop the bleeding.

Because it’s Klopps identity/philosophy and our plan A if you like. Even though we’re 11th on that list, our style, system, tactics are still the same. But instead of having hendo, Fabinho and Gini (when played further forward) in the midfield, we’ve got jones, Thiago and Gini (sitting in front of the back four) who aren’t as energetic and don’t cover ground as much.

I saw Jürgen say in interview a few weeks ago that just because we’re going through a bad patch it doesn’t mean we should throw our identity away after we’ve been so successful with it for years. And I do agree with that completely. But as a temporary measure I think the gaffer needs to change things. Whether that’s the line up or the system.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #695: Mar 05, 2021 01:31:16 am
      Just got home from work and seen the result.

Gutted with this one if I'm honest. Going to have a read back here to judge how we played.

Grim times isn't it folks.

Don’t do it Bud! You might break, I am broken!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #696: Mar 05, 2021 01:39:13 am
      I just seem to remember (maybe I assume) us being consistently sh*te on a Sunday after a Thursday. Saying that, only had it 2/3rds of a season with Klopp haven't we?

That team finished about where it should have in the league. Remarkable they made the Europa final, really.

I prefer being in Europe. There's money in it, and that trophy is on our trophy wall, so we shouldn't be snobby about it (and it won't be our B group most of the time).

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #697: Mar 05, 2021 04:49:14 am
      I've watched the game with one eye on the tv and the other on some stuff I had to do. To be honest I didn't feel like giving myself completely to the game today as I feel a bit drained from the huge negative cloud that seems to hanging over us these past 5-10 games.

I only read the last page on this thread and so I'll abstain from reading more because its an absolute mess the way some of us are going at each others necks.

Couple of points that caught my attention during the game:

- Milner and Ox on but no Keita. I'm not even going to question Klopp on this one. He's most probably not match-fit enough yet to be thrown into a 1-0 game.

- I can't tell if Ox is in the same dreadful form the rest of the team is in or if he's just reverted to his Arsenal vesion. I usually like that he was very direct at goal and could shoot a few powerful ones from outside the area but he seems to be very far from doing any of that.

- Kabak and Fabinho are both good. The latter is not amazing but you can see he is slowly making little strides towards adapting to the rhythm and speed of the league. There's only so much I can put on the kid. He came in about a month ago and this is already his 3rd CB partner all while trying to adapt in a new environment and league inside a team going through its worst run of form in years.

- Mane is better than recently but still by far the most dreadful out of all our forwards by a long shot. Holding on to the ball way too much, can't beat his man one on one (which is usually one of his strengths). Happy Jota is back and can hopefully spark Mane and Bobby back to life.

- We are in dire need of creativity around the opposition's box. The problem is not the defence. If our defence needs to get a clean sheet every game for us to even have a chance of competing then its clearly a lack of goals that is the root of the problem. Klopp knows better but I'll throw my POV nonetheless. 3 in the middle of the park is logic considering our weakened defence but I think we need to do something about the lack of creativity. As it stands I would switch to a 4-2-3-1 and drop somebody in that hole behind the striker. Gini, Bobby, Mo, Curtis, Shaq all can do it. I want somebody to create and get into the box with the front three (I'd ideally put Gini in there). Bring back Fabinho alongside Thiago as a double pivot and let Kabak and Philips bond into a CB pairing for as long as we can.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #698: Mar 05, 2021 06:48:08 am
      Because it’s Klopps identity/philosophy and our plan A if you like. Even though we’re 11th on that list, our style, system, tactics are still the same. But instead of having hendo, Fabinho and Gini (when played further forward) in the midfield, we’ve got jones, Thiago and Gini (sitting in front of the back four) who aren’t as energetic and don’t cover ground as much.

I saw Jürgen say in interview a few weeks ago that just because we’re going through a bad patch it doesn’t mean we should throw our identity away after we’ve been so successful with it for years. And I do agree with that completely. But as a temporary measure I think the gaffer needs to change things. Whether that’s the line up or the system.

This is pretty much spot on, trouble is though we haven’t got the players available to change the way we have been playing, it’s a fact that Jürgen’s system works but only if all the components of that system are fit and healthy, take just one component out and replace it with a inferior part and the system becomes weaker, take two or three or four out and it’s basically fu**ed, even if you exchange one or two components to use in other areas it’s doomed to fail, in short, we do not have the quality components needed to sustain our plan ‘A’,

We do not have a plan ‘B’, so the failing system remains and by using inferior components , it’s only going to end one way, total failure,

In a ideal world we should have two like for like components ready and able to play their part at any given time, or have the luxury of resting/rotating said parts, sadly, we’re no where near that, never really been close to it either truth be told, but, we have got by and we have done pretty amazing things, like all of the silver & a Title, with what we have had, and this is the difference between us and the oil backed oligarchs,

For us now, we need to bring in maybe five or six high quality components that will cost mega millions, two of which will probably spunk us upwards of £160m+, at the same time get rid of the deadwood and the never gonna be good enough’s,

Not going to list names that’s for another thread but if I were Jürgen I’d be having a long serious conversation with Micheal Edwards & co , hand him a shopping list and telling them, if you want LFC to remain  at the top table get me these players, and get rid of these ones, only then can we have a serious pop at multiple titles & CL’s,

It’s time now for Jürgen to ruffle a few feathers I reckon, his nice guy, lovely smile attitude has been brilliant but I think he should start pointing out a few home truths to our owners, and demand who he wants in his squad, then maybe we can have the luxury of playing different styles or formations.

Y  N  W  A
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #699: Mar 05, 2021 06:59:43 am
      Can’t remember being this depressed during Rafa’s final season or even with Roy.

Never felt this low about football my whole life.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #700: Mar 05, 2021 07:10:54 am
      Can’t remember being this depressed during Rafa’s final season or even with Roy.

Never felt this low about football my whole life.

The reason you feel so low is that you are coming down from the incredible high Klopp and the team gave us in the last three seasons. Let's be honest, Woy, never delivered a single high moment to come down from.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #701: Mar 05, 2021 07:21:22 am
      The reason you feel so low is that you are coming down from the incredible high Klopp and the team gave us in the last three seasons. Let's be honest, Woy, never delivered a single high moment to come down from.

Must be this mate, absolutely soul destroying
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #702: Mar 05, 2021 07:52:19 am
      Don’t do it Bud! You might break, I am broken!

I didn't in the end.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #703: Mar 05, 2021 08:00:01 am
      Well that was F***ing sh*te! Proper bad patch and need to revert to a different formation/tactic with the players available.

Just hoping Jota can give us that spark as he looked a bit lively when he came on and give Bobby a rest so he doesn’t keep giving the F***ing ball away. That will help a bit like.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #704: Mar 05, 2021 08:31:55 am
      Couldn't bring myself to watch MOTD even though I missed the game.

Actually not liking forward to any league game right now.

Judging by what I've read on here and those on Twitter who I take notice of we were sh*te.

Many of us have said it for a while that something tactically or selection wise has to change. The players are done, the manager has lost his edge and doesn't seem brave enough to either make those changes or feels he can't for whatever reason.

We keep playing like this and we'll lose a lot more in this run in as teams see us as weak now and will be in for the kill.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #705: Mar 05, 2021 08:45:35 am
      No getting away from it we are a broken team, from back to front everything and everyone is broken, we need this season to end pronto, no matter what we try, no matter who we play or how, we are mentally fatigued, and I think the boss is too, there isn’t a cat in hells chance he would make those strange subs last season, no chance, so for me he isn’t thinking clearly and is in some kind of managerial haze, where he believes he’s doing the right thing but in fact it has the opposite effect,

We really do need a full close season and a proper pre-season, all of those players don’t become sh*te after winning a league, 3 years of sheer hard intensive graft has finally taken its toll, they may be fit physically but mentally I think their shot, hence lack of fight, no passion, no hunger, no desire, collectively they are going through a kind of footballing breakdown,

So what happens next, well, nothing except  keep trying, keep playing until the end of the season, and not worry where we end up, apart from the CL which we will still have a fair chance of winning, this season is a total write off anyway,

We cannot keep blaming the loss of Virgil et al and the injuries, they obviously have had a catastrophic effect on our defence of the title but we should still have enough in the tank to beat the WBA, BAHA, & Burnleys etc, of this world,

I’m not one to call for ppl’s heads or sacking manager’s, that’s not the answer, nor will I blame lack of funds or some other bullshit, you cannot put a finger on one single cause, what’s happened to us is a culmination of very bad luck injury wise, the covid sh*t, no fans at Anfield, no real break for nigh on two full seasons plus all the meaningless friendlies all over the f***in globe, I’m beginning to sound like a broken record, our lads, the training staff, the stats guys, the physio’s, the manager, his No’s two & three, all the other important ppl involved  in running this fantastic institution of ours....

....Are All F**ked....they all need a break...two or three weeks in the sun, relaxing, the re-charging of batteries.....proper grieving time for some....some simple family time for others,

We really do need this season to end and as soon as possible, while we’re still in it I want us to win the CL, but if I’m totally honest I’m not that bothered, because I just want my team back, back to dominating every f***in team in the league , but we need this season to end NOW.

Y  N  W  A

I don't get this narrative of no break for the players, erm 3 months first lock down, longest break any pro footballer has had in any era I would imagine, that should have been a break mentally and physically.

I think our issues are with Klopp and his team more than the players. Klopp has run out of ideas, and in the same way as any manager in trouble is making bizarre choices, it always seems to happen before a manager leaves or gets sacked, just remember back to Brendan and Rafa as well.

I'm afraid I'm now at the stage where I want a change of management, this situation simply cannot continue any longer, we are fast becoming a laughing stock, 5 home defeats on the bounce, even under Hodgson and the truly dark days we never achieved that!!

I have the utmost respect and affection for what Klopp has achieved over the last few years, its been one hell of a ride, but I simply can't see any glimmer of recovery at the moment, if anything we seem to be getting worse.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #706: Mar 05, 2021 08:51:54 am
      I don't get this narrative of no break for the players, erm 3 months first lock down, longest break any pro footballer has had in any era I would imagine, that should have been a break mentally and physically.

I think our issues are with Klopp and his team more than the players. Klopp has run out of ideas, and in the same way as any manager in trouble is making bizarre choices, it always seems to happen before a manager leaves or gets sacked, just remember back to Brendan and Rafa as well.

I'm afraid I'm now at the stage where I want a change of management, this situation simply cannot continue any longer, we are fast becoming a laughing stock, 5 home defeats on the bounce, even under Hodgson and the truly dark days we never achieved that!!

I have the utmost respect and affection for what Klopp has achieved over the last few years, its been one hell of a ride, but I simply can't see any glimmer of recovery at the moment, if anything we seem to be getting worse.

While I can see thinking behind some of your points I cannot fathom actively wanting a change of management.

This man deserves every opportunity to turn this around and the best option is to get to the summer and regroup. He's making mistakes, I agree, but this squad collectively has gone and the only way to really to try and reset is during the summer break.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #707: Mar 05, 2021 08:56:01 am
      Couldn't bring myself to watch MOTD even though I missed the game.

Actually not liking forward to any league game right now.

Judging by what I've read on here and those on Twitter who I take notice of we were sh*te.

Many of us have said it for a while that something tactically or selection wise has to change. The players are done, the manager has lost his edge and doesn't seem brave enough to either make those changes or feels he can't for whatever reason.

We keep playing like this and we'll lose a lot more in this run in as teams see us as weak now and will be in for the kill.

Think we had one shot on target in the 80th minute

Front 3 off it again

Midfield offer nothing again in attacking sense

Back 4 way to high up the pitch

3 very odd subs made.

We look broken, and that includes the boss. We look worn out and out of ideas.

That would be my summary of it mate

Ogh and Mo did not look happy getting the bullet ahead of the other 2 so expect noises about him being off now to

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #708: Mar 05, 2021 08:59:54 am
      Think we had one shot on target in the 80th minute

Front 3 off it again

Midfield offer nothing again in attacking sense

Back 4 way to high up the pitch

3 very odd subs made.

We look broken, and that includes the boss. We look worn out and out of ideas.

That would be my summary of it mate

Ogh and Mo did not look happy getting the bullet ahead of the other 2 so expect noises about him being off now to

We are broken Bri and a few of us have said this even a few months back.

I think some underestimate the toll the relentless pursuit of City had taken on this bunch of players. Add in the ridiculous injury list that has seen new players not being able to bed in properly which makes it seem like we didn't sign two starting quality players last summer.

Still feels like the same squad at times that had hit the end of the road in a way.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #709: Mar 05, 2021 09:08:24 am
      We look absolutely gone really, players and manager.

Beginning of Jan we said we were still dominating teams and just not finishing our chances but now we’re at a stage where we don’t create anything and teams completely dominate us. Don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say Chelsea could have scored 4 or 5 last night whilst we had just a Mane chance all game. Seen people say the second half was good but we created absolutely nothing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #710: Mar 05, 2021 09:10:00 am
      We are broken Bri and a few of us have said this even a few months back.

I think some underestimate the toll the relentless pursuit of City had taken on this bunch of players. Add in the ridiculous injury list that has seen new players not being able to bed in properly which makes it seem like we didn't sign two starting quality players last summer.

Still feels like the same squad at times that had hit the end of the road in a way.

Said it last night pal, the only excuse I fully accept at this stage is these boys have nothing left in the tank after 3 years of off the chart  effort. Now when they need that lift in a game the legs or lungs, maybe even the heart have not got it. Its why I think we need to add a few faces in the summer and to be honest was annoyed when Jürgen said that wont happen, hell tweek 1 or 2, so well be going with the same lads who look burned out again

I suggested they dont train or see each other for a week after we get back from Budapest just rest and miss each others company

By the way, this isnt a new thing, in reality were 12 months into this, is it 17 losses since Watford last year?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #711: Mar 05, 2021 09:13:59 am
      Said it last night pal, the only excuse I fully accept at this stage is these boys have nothing left in the tank after 3 years of off the chart  effort. Now when they need that lift in a game the legs or lungs, maybe even the heart have not got it. Its why I think we need to add a few faces in the summer and to be honest was annoyed when Jürgen said that wont happen, hell tweek 1 or 2, so well be going with the same lads who look burned out again

I suggested they dont train or see each other for a week after we get back from Budapest just rest and miss each others company

By the way, this isnt a new thing, in reality were 12 months into this, is it 17 losses since Watford last year?

I would actually take one big name in the summer if its a forward. That could be enough to reignite us especially after a bit of a reset as well.

We need more than 1, I agree, but that front line needs a refresh. Get the two CB back and the two CM back in midfield could give us that change.

Tactically needs a rethink as well as we cannot go into next season with the same front three, and the same style in midfield.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #712: Mar 05, 2021 09:16:43 am
      Still fuming over the Mane incident keep seeing that c**t Kovacic standing over him and sniggering.
      Not a single team mate running over to back him.

If the team unity is broken what is there left to play for this season!

Quick Reply