Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      11 (19.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      5 (8.8%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (8.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2021 10:06:32 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31634 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Mar 05, 2021 09:17:51 am
      Still fuming over the Mane incident keep seeing that c**t Kovacic standing over him and sniggering.
      Not a single team mate running over to back him.

If the team unity is broken what is there left to play for this season!

Haven't heard about this.

What happened mate?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #714: Mar 05, 2021 09:18:47 am
      Still fuming over the Mane incident keep seeing that c**t Kovacic standing over him and sniggering.

The worst thing about that is apart from Mane, who he hit, no red reacted to it, and no red got hom vack first chance in a tackle. Thats sh*te for me
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      Reply #715: Mar 05, 2021 09:20:35 am
      Haven't heard about this.

What happened mate?

Rudiger pushed Sadio over and has Sadio lannded that cnut Kovacic smashed the ball off hos head from 2 feet away. Even Tyler picked it out as being intentional

No reaction from Sadios team mates  sick
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #716: Mar 05, 2021 09:24:25 am
      Rudiger pushed Sadio over and has Sadio lannded that cnut Kovacic smashed the ball off hos head from 2 feet away. Even Tyler picked it out as being intentional

No reaction from Sadios team mates  sick

I've said for years that we as a team lacked a bit of fight and snide, but that wasn't the case under Jürgen as we had that so hopefully this isn't creeping back in.

Hendo not there could be a huge factor in nothing happening in this instance.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #717: Mar 05, 2021 09:25:41 am
      Think we had one shot on target in the 80th minute

Front 3 off it again

Midfield offer nothing again in attacking sense

Back 4 way to high up the pitch

3 very odd subs made.

We look broken, and that includes the boss. We look worn out and out of ideas.

That would be my summary of it mate

Ogh and Mo did not look happy getting the bullet ahead of the other 2 so expect noises about him being off now to

We are broken Brian, as I alluded to in my post above, including Jürgen, like Si says, we need to regroup in the summer, clear our heads and put this horrible season behind us, the subs says it all for me regarding Jürgen, I honestly think he needs a break more than anyone, the burden he has had to carry this season being particularly heavy, not just in a football and a LFC sense, but personally too, his mum’s passing must have been unbearable for him, not been able to say goodbye, not been able to be with his kin, not been able to grieve properly, his brain must be fried,
      Then of course all the usual sh*t he has had to cope with, scrutiny from the media, having to deal with managerial duties when he probably didn’t want to, etc etc, it wouldn’t surprise me to learn that he has been in tears when at home at night,

He will of course put up a front and make the most of this disastrous period of his tenure, the season’s end can’t come quick enough, and apart from the CL it is indeed over, for me now it’s important to try and stay together as a group, and we will, even if it means a season without European football, use next season as a platform to build from, where we have plenty rest between games and enough time on the training pitches,

It’s unlikely that we will have money of note to spend this summer, we might see two maybe three new players come in, and with a full squad and not so many injured we can still and will hold our own and challenge for the title, we don’t have a lot else to look forward to, so we may as well start the rebuilding now.

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #718: Mar 05, 2021 09:47:35 am

This man deserves every opportunity to turn this around and the best option is to get to the summer and regroup. He's making mistakes, I agree, but this squad collectively has gone and the only way to really to try and reset is during the summer break.

I think some fans have selectve memories. Personally if I was a Liverpool supporter it wouldn't even be entering my head. He has legendary status given the chance. Fans have/should need to remember most of the problems have been out of Klopps hand.

Said it before, I'll say again! Send him to Old Trafford.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #719: Mar 05, 2021 09:56:55 am
      While I can see thinking behind some of your points I cannot fathom actively wanting a change of management.

This man deserves every opportunity to turn this around and the best option is to get to the summer and regroup. He's making mistakes, I agree, but this squad collectively has gone and the only way to really to try and reset is during the summer break.

Unfortunately in modern football or business you don't get a lot of opportunities to turn things around, especially not if you are earning £12m a year.

The issue I have with Klopp is that we have become a sh*t team to watch, this actually started to happen last year, yes we won the league at a a canter but there was a hell of a lot of poor performances and tight boring 1-0 games in there and a LOT of good fortune in decisions and general play.

I much preferred the team we had a few years ago, where it really was heavy metal football and exciting to watch.

As a comparison look at how City play or even Chelsea, its fast dynamic football, loads of energy. We seem to have become this slow careful build up team which manages to be predictable and ineffective in attack yet also weak defensively, its quite an achievement but entirely the wrong tactics.

Yes I know some will claim its all down to the missing CB's, but its not, plenty of teams who have beaten us recently have worse CB's than us, in any case if you are so worried about CB's then switch to 3 CB's, have them sit a bit deeper, change formation etc, but no Jürgen just keeps playing the same turgid predictable tactics game after game and making some of the weirdest subs I've ever seen.

Is it possible to turn it around, yes, will he be able to, No as I'm not sure his heart is in it to be honest, it just feels to me like the beginning of the end and that's a bit sad after the glory and incredible achievements of the last few years.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #720: Mar 05, 2021 10:00:52 am
      Said it last night pal, the only excuse I fully accept at this stage is these boys have nothing left in the tank after 3 years of off the chart  effort. Now when they need that lift in a game the legs or lungs, maybe even the heart have not got it. Its why I think we need to add a few faces in the summer and to be honest was annoyed when Jürgen said that wont happen, hell tweek 1 or 2, so well be going with the same lads who look burned out again

I suggested they dont train or see each other for a week after we get back from Budapest just rest and miss each others company

By the way, this isnt a new thing, in reality were 12 months into this, is it 17 losses since Watford last year?

I don't accept that excuse that the boys are worn out, look at City, even last year they came a very comfortable second in an off year whilst picking up more silverware, they are the real mentality monsters, plus they have a manager capable of adapting tactics, yes near infinite money helps but its more than that, Pep is in my mind a better manager, more ruthless, more cunning.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #721: Mar 05, 2021 10:02:10 am
      I think some fans have selectve memories. Personally if I was a Liverpool supporter it wouldn't even be entering my head. He has legendary status given the chance. Fans have/should need to remember most of the problems have been out of Klopps hand.

Said it before, I'll say again! Send him to Old Trafford.

I'm curious, were you asking for Maureen to have more time at Utd, hell of a track record he has?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #722: Mar 05, 2021 10:02:46 am

Unfortunately in modern football or business you don't get a lot of opportunities to turn things around, especially not if you are earning £12m a year.

CL Final
      CL Winner
      PL Winner

Last three seasons prior to this.

He has earned that opportunity and more. Could understand if you're spouting this bollocks a year down the line but at the first sign of a stumble?
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #723: Mar 05, 2021 10:05:23 am
      Empty Anfield = Empty Hearts

We're allowing teams to bully us on our own patch which is unheard of.
      Burnley, West Brom, Brighton, Everton and now Chelsea. It's embarrassing to watch.

Make no mistake, Jürgen's job is on the line.
      He needs to earn his coin now and get some kind of team going before it's too late - but they still seem to come off the park laughing and joking with the opposition.

Salah being subbed was pathetic and tell me this, what are you showing your subs in a f***in note pad before they go on?
      Thiago has done nothing since he arrived here.
      Outswinging corners, great them aren't they !!
      Our goalie is a lunatic !

I could go on.. but my weekend is already ruined.

Rant over... sorry guys.

:f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #724: Mar 05, 2021 10:06:16 am
      I'm curious, were you asking for Maureen to have more time at Utd, hell of a track record he has?

Yes I was, thought he went too soon. Common mistake in football. Look at us now under Ole  :f_doh:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      Reply #725: Mar 05, 2021 10:10:02 am
      I don't accept that excuse that the boys are worn out, look at City, even last year they came a very comfortable second in an off year whilst picking up more silverware, they are the real mentality monsters, plus they have a manager capable of adapting tactics, yes near infinite money helps but its more than that, Pep is in my mind a better manager, more ruthless, more cunning.

Its something that needs to be weighed up over 3 or 4 years. I think I read a pist you made regarding heavy  metal football, think of the toll that takes on players. Before wrapping the tirle up last year think these boys lost 5 league games in over 2 years as well as getting to 2 champions league finals.

That all takes a toll. Factor in the crazy injury list this year then and some lads have no rest. Robbo Gini and Bobby the best examples, and then they have to go off on international breaks.

Fatique physical and mental defo comes into it.

In saying all that nothing excuses this club losing 5 on the bounce at home, nothing
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #726: Mar 05, 2021 10:10:06 am
      Yes I was, thought he went too soon. Common mistake in football. Look at us now under Ole  :f_doh:

What further up the table than Mourninho managed ?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #727: Mar 05, 2021 10:17:11 am
      Think calls for Jürgen’s head are extremely premature and as someone said previously, people have selective memory. You don’t just get rid when the going gets tough especially considering our record over the last three years (CL Final, CL Winners, PL Winners).

We’ve encountered serious injury problems this year which has decimated our defence which in turn has changed the lineup in midfield too.

We are a much weakened version of what we were last year. Our strikers have hit a dry spell at the wrong time (how much of this can be attributed to the defence and midfield supply since our injuries?) and not much investment when we knew we had injury issues.

My hope here is Jota comes back firing on all cylinders and lights a fire up the asses of the front three. Think his impact earlier in the season sparked some creativity between midfield and up front.

Let’s just move on to the next one as we do and go from there!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      Reply #728: Mar 05, 2021 10:23:05 am
      My concern with Jürgen is Jürgen himself. He looks worn out to.

He might decide himself he needs a break. Doubt he has even mourned his mother yer. Id be gutted but not surprised uf he walked in the summer..And if he does he owes us nothing, we owe him everything.

He wont be sacked, lets just hope he doesnt walk
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,845 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #729: Mar 05, 2021 10:27:32 am
      I think most of the problems are psychological and need to be addressed as such ,each player needs a psych to find out what is going wrong ,Hard to believe our team are just being bad players ,they were world beaters last year ! The players know they are playing poorly and keep saying we need to put it right next game ...not happening is it ? Coaching staff and Jürgen need to promote confidence in the team and find something different
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #730: Mar 05, 2021 10:29:28 am
      Nothing would break my heart more than if Jürgen left the club, lets get that straight before people start calling me.

However last night was a great opportunity to leap frog Chelsea, West Ham and the Blue sh*te into 4th and be within touching distance of Leicester and Man U... and we didn't even huff or puff throughout the whole game. One shot on target is bad..... very bad !

That's what is annoying me today !
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1975 
      Reply #731: Mar 05, 2021 10:32:04 am

The worst thing about that is apart from Mane, who he hit, no red reacted to it, and no red got hom vack first chance in a tackle. Thats sh*te for me

Because it’s professional football and not Sunday league.

We had a couple of minutes to equalise and didn’t have time to start throwing handbags around.

The last thing we need right now are any key players getting suspensions too.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #732: Mar 05, 2021 10:34:01 am
      We dont need a new manager, would a new manager stop Firmino missing sitters ? would Thiago become the midfield monster we thought he was ? would Mane find his mojo again ? if Klopp cant get the best out of these players, no one can. Obviously injuries, have played a massive part in our slump, as has empty stadiums, losing his mother hasn't helped either, just a culmination of a lot of things, but with stadiums hopefully full again next season, a fully fit squad, with a few new players in and some out, we will be back.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #733: Mar 05, 2021 10:38:49 am
      We dont need a new manager, would a new manager stop Firmino missing sitters ? would Thiago become the midfield monster we thought he was ? would Mane find his mojo again ? if Klopp cant get the best out of these players, no one can.

Don't necessarily agree with this. Many times a new manager and different voice can change an existing squad.

Before anyone thinks I'm advocating this I'm not. But to say only Jürgen can get the best out of these players is wrong in my opinion.

We need a change in players and an adjustment of how we play and approach games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      Reply #734: Mar 05, 2021 10:39:35 am
      Because it’s professional football and not Sunday league.

We had a couple of minutes to equalise and didn’t have time to start throwing handbags around.

The last thing we need right now are any key players getting suspensions too.

You dont believe that retaliation doesnt occur in the prem league do you?

And even if its not someone upending him every Liverpool man should have been in his face having a go at him for what he done to their mate, there was no reaction at all nobody cared and thats not on
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1975 
      Reply #735: Mar 05, 2021 10:42:18 am
      I'm afraid I'm now at the stage where I want a change of management, this situation simply cannot continue any longer, we are fast becoming a laughing stock, 5 home defeats on the bounce, even under Hodgson and the truly dark days we never achieved that!!

I have the utmost respect and affection for what Klopp has achieved over the last few years, its been one hell of a ride, but I simply can't see any glimmer of recovery at the moment, if anything we seem to be getting worse.

I used to to think you had a bit of an unfair time on this forum. Even if I didn’t agree with what you said at times, I could understand your opinion and see your point of view.

But the more I think about it, the more I think you’re on a wind up. I’m not convinced you support Liverpool, like a few others here who clearly don’t either.

I’m not having it that any Liverpool fan wants Jürgen out. By all means criticise him and discuss the current mess, but I don’t believe for one second that any genuine Liverpool fan would want him to walk or be sacked.

Quick Reply