Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      11 (19.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      5 (8.8%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (8.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2021 10:06:32 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31659 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Mar 05, 2021 10:44:53 am
      You dont believe that retaliation doesnt occur in the prem league do you?

And even if its not someone upending him every Liverpool man should have been in his face having a go at him for what he done to their mate, there was no reaction at all nobody cared and thats not on

The clock was ticking. Wasn't it you who said it was our most important game of the season pre match? But you wanted the whole team to waste whatever time we had left for what, just to see kovacic get a yellow card? These lads are professionals. If we had been 1-0 up I bet it would have been a different story.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #737: Mar 05, 2021 10:47:52 am
      CL Final
      CL Winner
      PL Winner

Last three seasons prior to this.

He has earned that opportunity and more. Could understand if you're spouting this bollocks a year down the line but at the first sign of a stumble?

first stage of a stumble??? 5 defeats at home, a new "record". I outlined why I don't think this is the first stage anyway, we have been getting worse for a while now, our tactics are crap, predictable, we carry to much dead wood which the manager still picks every week.

I highlighted how good Klopp has been for us, but you can't live in the past, lets not become that kind of club again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #738: Mar 05, 2021 10:49:01 am
      Yes I was, thought he went too soon. Common mistake in football. Look at us now under Ole  :f_doh:

second in the league, same as Maureen, several semi finals, statistically Ole is not doing much worse is he ;-)  bur fair point.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #739: Mar 05, 2021 10:51:07 am
      The clock was ticking. Wasn't it you who said it was our most important game of the season pre match? But you wanted the whole team to waste whatever time we had left for what, just to see kovacic get a yellow card? These lads are professionals. If we had been 1-0 up I bet it would have been a different story.

For the sake of 5 or 10 seconds, which would most likely be added on anyway I think id forgive them for showing a bit of passion and comradery
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #740: Mar 05, 2021 10:51:59 am
      Its something that needs to be weighed up over 3 or 4 years. I think I read a pist you made regarding heavy  metal football, think of the toll that takes on players. Before wrapping the tirle up last year think these boys lost 5 league games in over 2 years as well as getting to 2 champions league finals.

That all takes a toll. Factor in the crazy injury list this year then and some lads have no rest. Robbo Gini and Bobby the best examples, and then they have to go off on international breaks.

Fatique physical and mental defo comes into it.

In saying all that nothing excuses this club losing 5 on the bounce at home, nothing

sorry but physical fatigue is not a factor, all these players had a 3 month break during the first lockdown, 3 months!!!. Since then they ahve played no more games than opponents, in fact due to getting knocked out of domestic cups early they've played less.

Mental fatigue certainly, but then again I point at great sides like Man Utd and City, winning year after year at the highest level, perhaps we really aren't as good as some think, the boys are certainly not mentality giants, that has become a hollow joke now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #741: Mar 05, 2021 10:52:02 am
      first stage of a stumble??? 5 defeats at home, a new "record". I outlined why I don't think this is the first stage anyway, we have been getting worse for a while now, our tactics are crap, predictable, we carry to much dead wood which the manager still picks every week.

I highlighted how good Klopp has been for us, but you can't live in the past, lets not become that kind of club again.

I said first 'sign' not first 'stage' but true to form you can't read properly.

And yes it is the first sign of a stumble. We literally won the league title lead than 12 months ago so in the period of a Managers time at a club this is the first sign of a stumble.

This season is the first where we've been found wanting and look out of ideas. If you think that the manager needs to go at the first sign of trouble given the success he has brought then you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were or being controversial for the sake of it, which let's face it, you're fond of as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #742: Mar 05, 2021 10:54:39 am
      My concern with Jürgen is Jürgen himself. He looks worn out to.

He might decide himself he needs a break. Doubt he has even mourned his mother yer. Id be gutted but not surprised uf he walked in the summer..And if he does he owes us nothing, we owe him everything.

He wont be sacked, lets just hope he doesnt walk

Well if he is worn out then I want what is best for him, if that is to take the Germany job then so be it, I will always remember him very very fondly as the manager to finally win us the league again and give us an incredible couple of years of success.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #743: Mar 05, 2021 10:55:37 am
      Need a drastic change of direction, before games start to inevitably run out. Whether it is tactics, motivation, or injuries, which every club suffers  from at some stage of the season. From being champions we have nosedived to almost mid table, do not know the solution, by the sound of things the whole side has run out of steam, from defence through to midfield as well as the front three.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #744: Mar 05, 2021 10:58:30 am
      second in the league, same as Maureen, several semi finals, statistically Ole is not doing much worse is he ;-)  bur fair point.

Mourhino would of at least won us a cup trophy and I'd take him over Ole every time.  ;D

Second in the league is no acchiement for whoever gets that this year.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #745: Mar 05, 2021 10:59:51 am
      We dont need a new manager, would a new manager stop Firmino missing sitters ? would Thiago become the midfield monster we thought he was ? would Mane find his mojo again ? if Klopp cant get the best out of these players, no one can. Obviously injuries, have played a massive part in our slump, as has empty stadiums, losing his mother hasn't helped either, just a culmination of a lot of things, but with stadiums hopefully full again next season, a fully fit squad, with a few new players in and some out, we will be back.

That's just stupid, did a new manager help Chelsea find some better form, YES IT CERTAINLY DID. Now obviously Klopp is better tan Lampard will ever be, but any manager can go wrong in any club, just look at Maureen recently, he's a brilliant manager but if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit and its hard to drag it back.

A new manager would almost certainly change formation and players, ie Bobby gets dropped, Ox and Milner are not automatic subs.

For example yesterday why in the F**k did Klopp take Thiago off and bring on Milner, was he protecting a 1-0 deficit?? He had Keita on the bench FFS!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #746: Mar 05, 2021 11:01:27 am
      I used to to think you had a bit of an unfair time on this forum. Even if I didn’t agree with what you said at times, I could understand your opinion and see your point of view.

But the more I think about it, the more I think you’re on a wind up. I’m not convinced you support Liverpool, like a few others here who clearly don’t either.

I’m not having it that any Liverpool fan wants Jürgen out. By all means criticise him and discuss the current mess, but I don’t believe for one second that any genuine Liverpool fan would want him to walk or be sacked.

Oh how tedious of you, I'm stating MY opinion, either debate me or F**k off to your safe space.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #747: Mar 05, 2021 11:04:07 am
      I said first 'sign' not first 'stage' but true to form you can't read properly.

And yes it is the first sign of a stumble. We literally won the league title lead than 12 months ago so in the period of a Managers time at a club this is the first sign of a stumble.

This season is the first where we've been found wanting and look out of ideas. If you think that the manager needs to go at the first sign of trouble given the success he has brought then you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were or being controversial for the sake of it, which let's face it, you're fond of as well.

Oh sorry for misreading one word, did it change the context much, no, well never mind then.

Its not he first sign or stage as I have now explained several times, we were boring and predictable in attack  last season as well, but because of a rock solid defence we got away with it, Klopp's tactics have become less and less effective over time now, same as happened to Pep's City. Pepe changed tactics, Klopp didn't.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #748: Mar 05, 2021 11:05:15 am
      Mourhino would of at least won us a cup trophy and I'd take him over Ole every time.  ;D

Second in the league is no acchiement for whoever gets that this year.

I think I'd take Maureen over Ole as well, but in fairness Ole is not doing that bad, certainly better than the chosen one and that mad Dutch b***ard!! ;-)
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #749: Mar 05, 2021 11:11:05 am
      We will have to agree to disagree, you think we need a change of manager, i dont. If it was a regular season, a few injuries, full crowds, then it would be a different story.

That's just stupid, did a new manager help Chelsea find some better form, YES IT CERTAINLY DID. Now obviously Klopp is better tan Lampard will ever be, but any manager can go wrong in any club, just look at Maureen recently, he's a brilliant manager but if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit and its hard to drag it back.

A new manager would almost certainly change formation and players, ie Bobby gets dropped, Ox and Milner are not automatic subs.

For example yesterday why in the f**k did Klopp take Thiago off and bring on Milner, was he protecting a 1-0 deficit?? He had Keita on the bench FFS!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #750: Mar 05, 2021 11:12:17 am
      Why am I not surprised it internet fans like Heimdall who are the first to want the manager to be replaced - he was the same with Rafa
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #751: Mar 05, 2021 11:12:24 am
      Oh how tedious of you, I'm stating MY opinion, either debate me or f**k off to your safe space.

There isn’t any debate to be had though is there.

You come out with a ludicrous statement that a Manc in disguise would. What do you think would happen to you if you were in the Kop and you started chanting Klopp out? You’d get your silly little head slapped off wouldn't you.

He’s taken us from mid table to world champions in a few seasons time and you come on here saying he needs to go because we’re struggling a bit, despite all the odd circumstances we’ve had to face and deal with this season. And you’re unwilling to give him any time or the opportunity to turn things around. That clearly tells me you’re on a wind up and your purposely looking for reactions.

Manc.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #752: Mar 05, 2021 11:12:24 am
      Oh sorry for misreading one word, did it change the context much, no, well never mind then.

Its not he first sign or stage as I have now explained several times, we were boring and predictable in attack  last season as well, but because of a rock solid defence we got away with it, Klopp's tactics have become less and less effective over time now, same as happened to Pep's City. Pepe changed tactics, Klopp didn't.

A boring and predictable attack that won us the title?

Didn't hear much complaints this time last year.

As much as you try and spin it this is the first sign of a stumble. And I'm talking last few months before you think I literally mean this week or so.

Still this manager deserves every chance to address such a stumble. Anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1006 
      Reply #753: Mar 05, 2021 11:13:36 am
      I keep saying I need to take a break from football, it’s affecting my mood too much, I really didn’t want to get out of bed this morning! No matter how hard I try, I can’t walk away, take a break or whatever, this Club means too much to me. However the lockdown has brought everything into sharper focus, our lives are not the same, we’re missing our friends and families, going out for a meal or drink, just life being spontaneous, holidays and last but not least going to the match! If last season needed an asterisk, this one needs about 10. The lads and Jürgen look broken, they look drained, they need a collective Anfield hug! Maybe bring some more of the youngsters in for the League games and give the first team lads a bit of extra rest for Europe.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #754: Mar 05, 2021 11:26:16 am
      Because it’s professional football and not Sunday league.

We had a couple of minutes to equalise and didn’t have time to start throwing handbags around.

The last thing we need right now are any key players getting suspensions too.

Rubbish you don’t think if that was the other way round the Chelsea players wouldn’t have piled in.

Who is talking about getting sent off, even if you play in the lower league you don’t let the opposition get away with such shithousery on your own pitch.

Besides time is always added on for stoppages.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      Reply #755: Mar 05, 2021 11:30:22 am
      I keep saying I need to take a break from football, it’s affecting my mood too much, I really didn’t want to get out of bed this morning! No matter how hard I try, I can’t walk away, take a break or whatever, this Club means too much to me. However the lockdown has brought everything into sharper focus, our lives are not the same, we’re missing our friends and families, going out for a meal or drink, just life being spontaneous, holidays and last but not least going to the match! If last season needed an asterisk, this one needs about 10. The lads and Jürgen look broken, they look drained, they need a collective Anfield hug! Maybe bring some more of the youngsters in for the League games and give the first team lads a bit of extra rest for Europe.

Keep the head up. Yes its sh*te to keep being knocked but the worst thing to do in those times is give in. A result next Wednesday and were looking forward to the draw for the champions league quarter finals.

I remember us being bang average in tne league one year but winni g the European cup, funny old game really.

Were down, but we are not out
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #756: Mar 05, 2021 11:32:55 am
      Rubbish you don’t think if that was the other way round the Chelsea players wouldn’t have piled in.

Who is talking about getting sent off, even if you play in the lower league you don’t let the opposition get away with such antics on your own pitch.

Besides time is always added on for stoppages.

Not when the clock is ticking you don’t waste time like that, it’s completely unprofessional.  They want the game stopped as often as possible at that point so they can run the clock down and organise themselves accordingly.

The irony is, if the whole team booted off and wasted a couple of minutes, mane gets booked, kovacic gets booked, and the whistle goes soon after you'd probably be on here moaning saying we wasted what little time we had left.

There’s a time and place to react to things like that and it wasn’t then. Not when you’re 1-0 down with a couple of minutes left, it would be sheer stupidity.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      Reply #757: Mar 05, 2021 11:36:30 am
      We are not talking about three 2 minute rounds here. All we want is players showing protection of their mate and some passion.

5 to 10 seconds of letting that pr**k know ye dont do that to one of us and then n to the free kick.  A bit of a scuffle before the free might have unsettled them enough from the focus of defending the free to lead to a goal, well never know I suppose
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #758: Mar 05, 2021 11:38:22 am
      Not when the clock is ticking you don’t waste time like that, it’s completely unprofessional.  They want the game stopped as often as possible at that point so they can run the clock down and organise themselves accordingly.

The irony is, if the whole team booted off and wasted a couple of minutes, mane gets booked, kovacic gets booked, and the whistle goes soon after you'd probably be on here moaning saying we wasted what little time we had left.

There’s a time and place to react to things like that and it wasn’t then. Not when you’re 1-0 down with a couple of minutes left, it would be sheer stupidity.

There is nothing professional about a opposition player basically standing there taking the piss out of one of your mates.
      It might well have fired a few of them up to do something, the very least Kovacic deserved was in the next play someone leaving a late one on him and taking a yellow.
      That’s team unity, the fight and passion which is all missing at the moment.

We did bugger all after the incident, all so predictable.

Quick Reply