Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      11 (19.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      5 (8.8%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (8.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2021 10:06:32 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31535 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Mar 05, 2021 11:50:13 am
      There is nothing professional about a opposition player basically standing there taking the piss out of one of your mates.
      It might well have fired a few of them up to do something, the very least Kovacic deserved was in the next play someone leaving a late one on him and taking a yellow.
      That’s team unity, the fight and passion which is all missing at the moment.

We did bugger all after the incident, all so predictable.

I don’t disagree with you. I only disagree with the timing of it. In the first five minutes of the game I’d expect our lads to be all over him, and I suspect they would have been. But in that moment with Sadio the right thing to do was get up and get the ball moving again quickly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #760: Mar 05, 2021 11:53:04 am
      There isn’t any debate to be had though is there.

You come out with a ludicrous statement that a Manc in disguise would. What do you think would happen to you if you were in the Kop and you started chanting Klopp out? You’d get your silly little head slapped off wouldn't you.

He’s taken us from mid table to world champions in a few seasons time and you come on here saying he needs to go because we’re struggling a bit, despite all the odd circumstances we’ve had to face and deal with this season. And you’re unwilling to give him any time or the opportunity to turn things around. That clearly tells me you’re on a wind up and your purposely looking for reactions.

Manc.

;D, threats of violence, how enlightened, how woke!!

Of course there is room for debate, I have acknowledged the amazing job Klopp did, but I also highlight the F***ing terrible job he is doing right now and as you well know Managers can't survive on past glories, they have to produce results and 5 home defeats in a row is bloody embarrassing, in fact it has never happed to this great club before, that is quite some record!!

My opinions are my own and they are not intended as a windup, I can assure you of that. I am more than happy to debate this in a civilised manner.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #761: Mar 05, 2021 11:55:04 am
      A boring and predictable attack that won us the title?

Didn't hear much complaints this time last year.

As much as you try and spin it this is the first sign of a stumble. And I'm talking last few months before you think I literally mean this week or so.

Still this manager deserves every chance to address such a stumble. Anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot.

First signs/stages. What is it now 17 defeats in a calendar year or is it more now.

You know damn well Klopp is being given plenty of leeway to fix this from owners and fans, any other manager would have been sacked after 5 home defeats, 5!!!!!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #762: Mar 05, 2021 11:57:03 am
      Not when the clock is ticking you don’t waste time like that, it’s completely unprofessional.  They want the game stopped as often as possible at that point so they can run the clock down and organise themselves accordingly.

The irony is, if the whole team booted off and wasted a couple of minutes, mane gets booked, kovacic gets booked, and the whistle goes soon after you'd probably be on here moaning saying we wasted what little time we had left.

There’s a time and place to react to things like that and it wasn’t then. Not when you’re 1-0 down with a couple of minutes left, it would be sheer stupidity.

Its actually not unprofessional, its very professional and smart as it sends a signal to the ref and also the opponents that you are still fighting as a unit rather than meekly surrendering.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,878 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #763: Mar 05, 2021 12:00:03 pm
      I think I'd take Maureen over Ole as well, but in fairness Ole is not doing that bad, certainly better than the chosen one and that mad Dutch b***ard!! ;-)

Ole done ok but that's about it. Like I've said many times, he's not good enough to take us back to the level we deserve. Totally inept
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #764: Mar 05, 2021 12:00:41 pm
      First signs/stages. What is it now 17 defeats in a calendar year or is it more now.

You know damn well Klopp is being given plenty of leeway to fix this from owners and fans, any other manager would have been sacked after 5 home defeats, 5!!!!!!!

You want him sacked, I get it.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #765: Mar 05, 2021 12:04:46 pm
      Kabak is injured now
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #766: Mar 05, 2021 12:09:02 pm
      It was a disgraceful performance by a mile, only to register one shot on goal in 84 minutes by dispirited players who were sent out to play a game by a nutcase manager without a proper game plan, not a change in the formation and with the same useless players, the worst of them were Salah, Firmino, Gini, Trent, and the goal was down to our World Class CF Firmino!!.

I have been a fan of LFC since 1969, and this is the worst of an LFC team that I have ever seen, the success blip after 30 years of painful wait has totally gone, and the new long wait has already started.

If this nutcase manager has a bit of dignity, then he ought to resign immediately before getting the sack, he has lost the plot and he was speechless and mouthing off nonsense and pitiful excuses, whereas, Chelsea's manager was explaining his spot on tactics against the boring and naive tactics of our nutcase manager.

I have already predicted that Chelsea will beat us at home and they will not be the last!. I am still amazed by some of our fan's prediction that Klopp's team will finish in the top four, the best this team can achieve is to cement the 11th or 10th spot in the league in order to avoid the drop. In regards to rebuilding the LFC's team for next season, it will be another disastrous season, if it is left to the nutcase Klopp!! A new manager is required and major clearance is also required for the likes of Salah, Firmino, Ox, Origi, Keita, Matip, Gini, Kabak.

Just Look at Klopp's history at Dortmund, HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF AT LFC.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #767: Mar 05, 2021 12:14:45 pm

Any update on Nat, what injury or how long hes out?

Just checked says lower back injury for Nat, unlikely to be fit for the weekend anyway
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2021 12:20:12 pm by Brian78 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #768: Mar 05, 2021 12:19:59 pm

He said it will be Phillips and Davies on Sunday.

We must have surely the worst sports conditioning Dept in the league!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #769: Mar 05, 2021 12:20:37 pm
      Are people really looking for judgements on how the players reacted to Kovacic and Mane  :mad:

It’s bad enough when the media do it

Stop reading too much into everything

The team isn’t a bunch of cu*ts that react to everything
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      Reply #770: Mar 05, 2021 12:21:24 pm
      He said it will be Phillips and Davies on Sunday.

We must have surely the worst sports conditioning Dept in the league!

Davies is fit? Ok. Look forward to seeing what hes about
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #771: Mar 05, 2021 12:22:22 pm

Fickle internet fans don’t F***ing change

Your attitude was the same when we had Rafa - any sign of struggles and it’s the manager gone - we aren’t Chelsea ffs

Suspect you would have demanded Kenny out on 87 when we didn’t win the league
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #772: Mar 05, 2021 12:23:35 pm

Just checked says lower back injury for Nat, unlikely to be fit for the weekend anyway

So Fab and Rhys Williams for Sunday. Is that a new combo?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #773: Mar 05, 2021 12:25:14 pm
      It was a disgraceful performance by a mile, only to register one shot on goal in 84 minutes by dispirited players who were sent out to play a game by a nutcase manager without a proper game plan, not a change in the formation and with the same useless players, the worst of them were Salah, Firmino, Gini, Trent, and the goal was down to our World Class CF Firmino!!.

I have been a fan of LFC since 1969, and this is the worst of an LFC team that I have ever seen, the success blip after 30 years of painful wait has totally gone, and the new long wait has already started.

If this nutcase manager has a bit of dignity, then he ought to resign immediately before getting the sack, he has lost the plot and he was speechless and mouthing off nonsense and pitiful excuses, whereas, Chelsea's manager was explaining his spot on tactics against the boring and naive tactics of our nutcase manager.

I have already predicted that Chelsea will beat us at home and they will not be the last!. I am still amazed by some of our fan's prediction that Klopp's team will finish in the top four, the best this team can achieve is to cement the 11th or 10th spot in the league in order to avoid the drop. In regards to rebuilding the LFC's team for next season, it will be another disastrous season, if it is left to the nutcase Klopp!! A new manager is required and major clearance is also required for the likes of Salah, Firmino, Ox, Origi, Keita, Matip, Gini, Kabak.

100% not a Liverpool fan
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      Reply #774: Mar 05, 2021 12:25:51 pm
      So Fab and Rhys Williams for Sunday. Is that a new combo?

No Im sure that was combo number 5

A little of Rhys with Fab, by his side....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #775: Mar 05, 2021 12:26:46 pm
      You want him sacked, I get it.

Not necessarily, I want us to turn a corner and get better, but that involves Jürgen making changes, tweaking formations and tactics plus dropping underperforming players, but there is no sign of that. If anything we are getting worse not better.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #776: Mar 05, 2021 12:31:37 pm

Fickle internet fans don’t f**king change

Your attitude was the same when we had Rafa - any sign of struggles and it’s the manager gone - we aren’t Chelsea ffs

Suspect you would have demanded Kenny out on 87 when we didn’t win the league

Did Kenny lose 5 home games in a row whilst the team looked a shadow of the team from the previous year? No, well not a good comparison then.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #777: Mar 05, 2021 12:32:24 pm

you reach that conclusion why?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #778: Mar 05, 2021 12:46:16 pm
      Did Kenny lose 5 home games in a row whilst the team looked a shadow of the team from the previous year? No, well not a good comparison then.

What sort of fan judges on 5 home games - F**k off and support chelsea - that’s the sort of sh*te their fans do
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #779: Mar 05, 2021 12:47:46 pm

What sort of fan judges on 5 home games - f**k off and support chelsea - that’s the sort of sh*te their fans do

Not 5 home games, 5 home losses in a row, there is quite a big difference.

The best manager in the world, according to some, has just lost 5 home games in a row, and in that time we have scored 1 goal without any changes to team lineup, formation or tactics, let that sink in for a bit.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,878 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #780: Mar 05, 2021 12:50:03 pm

Wow!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #781: Mar 05, 2021 12:51:16 pm
      Not 5 home games, 5 home losses in a row, there is quite a big difference.

The best manager in the world, according to some, has just lost 5 home games in a row, and in that time we have scored 1 goal without any changes to team lineup, formation or tactics, let that sink in for a bit.

And ? Does that mean we must start acting like other fans demanding the owner replaced - just like you did when Rafa had his struggles

Klopp has earned the respect and the time to pull things around - he does not deserved wankers like and those other social media fans pointing fingers at him

Quick Reply