Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      11 (19.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      5 (8.8%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (8.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2021 10:06:32 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31012 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Mar 05, 2021 02:56:19 pm
      Not sure id call Kantes position of his hands natural he was stood iike a nervous keeper in the school yard waiting on a peno to be lashed at him or like a lad the police just nabbed

ball fired straight at him though, never a penalty
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #806: Mar 05, 2021 02:59:51 pm

His hands are in a stupid place and block the ball, what are they doiig there? Most lads have hands behind the back or by their side look at his
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #807: Mar 05, 2021 03:01:50 pm
      His hands are in a stupid place and block the ball, what are they doiig there? Most lads have hands behind the back or by their side look at his

The hands behind the back thing pisses me off, needs to stop and handball rule made more sensible. For example if Kabak had had his hands out in front of him last night he may have been able to close down Mount rather than standing there like a lemon
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #808: Mar 05, 2021 03:08:08 pm

So why then is the ball fired straight at Fulham player and his hands directly down his side and disallow goal and Kantes clearly out but no pen
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #809: Mar 05, 2021 03:08:42 pm
      It would not alter the outcome, Chelsea had several more gears to go through, they were better than us in every single position last night, and that really pisses me off, how far we have fallen, from longest unbeaten home record to most consecutive defeats at home, two records one after the other!

BTW I'm delighted some fans aren't embarrassed by the form of the League champions, but sadly I can't agree, I find this humiliating and depressing.

It very well could have. We are very low on confidence right now and playing too uptight trying to make the perfect play because we haven't been able to score from open play at Anfield for god knows how long. Mane putting that one in would have given the team a huge sense of relief and help us play more relaxed and confident. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #810: Mar 05, 2021 03:22:07 pm
      Out of interest were you against the sacking of Rafa and Brendan, for example are you still unhappy we replaced Brendan with Klopp? If not can you explain why

Yes I was against the sacking of Rafa - he should have never been sacked

And I was always in the belief that Rodgers wasn’t good enough and was delighted when Klopp took over

Can you name the top class manager who would take over from Klopp if you want him gone
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #811: Mar 05, 2021 04:18:54 pm
      Can’t remember being this depressed during Rafa’s final season or even with Roy.

Never felt this low about football my whole life.

Hahahaha comparing to Roy is knee jerking a F***ing tad!!

At least the team has actually won stuff and it will get better. From the moment that arl c**t was appointed I wasn't expecting anything success wise.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #812: Mar 05, 2021 04:29:19 pm

Unfortunately in modern football or business you don't get a lot of opportunities to turn things around, especially not if you are earning £12m a year.

Especially if certain parts of your armchair support are F***ing spoilt tw*ts who want change, change, change at the first sign of a sticky patch.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #813: Mar 05, 2021 04:33:08 pm
      You were talking of me getting my little head smacked in or some such colourful language, sounds a bit violent to me. All I ever want is civil discussion.

Because you’re an Internet troll that’s why.

You hide behind your computer, say things to get a reaction but we both know you wouldn’t say it out loud at anfield.

You wouldn’t say Jürgen is mentally unstable and should be sacked anywhere near the ground because you know how ludicrous it is, so why come on here and say it?

It’s clearly you liking the Mancs posts on here too, brown and mmmklopp or whatever he’s called and when the mods finally catch up with those two, you should be gone for doing that as well.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #814: Mar 05, 2021 04:37:04 pm
      Because you’re an Internet troll that’s why.

You hide behind your computer, say things to get a reaction but we both know you wouldn’t say it out loud at anfield.

You wouldn’t say Jürgen is mentally unstable and should be sacked anywhere near the ground because you know how ludicrous it is, so why come on here and say it?

It’s clearly you liking the Mancs posts on here too, brown and mmmklopp or whatever he’s called and when the mods finally catch up with those two, you should be gone for doing that as well.

Do not show as listed in the banned posters thread, but somehow Jurgenabelieveus is ahead of those. Makes no F***ing sense how this board is ran sometimes.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #815: Mar 05, 2021 04:44:56 pm
      You were talking of me getting my little head smacked in or some such colourful language, sounds a bit violent to me. All I ever want is civil discussion.

Except you didn't read his post properly, it wasn't about civil discussion, it was about what do you think would happen if you or anyone started a "Klopp out" chant in a full kop. And he was F***ing right!!

I'd love to see that civil discussion in the kop. Definitely would not happen.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #816: Mar 05, 2021 04:46:44 pm
      He said it will be Phillips and Davies on Sunday.

We must have surely the worst sports conditioning Dept in the league!

He said they would be available,  not suggesting they both start. The conditioning department don't go around making knee high tackles.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #817: Mar 05, 2021 04:47:21 pm
      ;D, threats of violence, how enlightened, how woke!!

I reckon you'd get more of a slap for coming out with that shout on the Kop.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #818: Mar 05, 2021 04:58:45 pm
      Decided to sift through the wreckage.
      Depressing result. After a few before that. Nothing new, the performances have been Groundhog Day for a while now.

On top of that, people calling for Klopps head - you couldn't make this stuff up :(

What the F**k to do, just need to plough on.
      Fab is back, Jota too, maybe some others will come back also.
      And hopefully we turn things around.

If we get past Leipzig we buy more time to improve for the next round of the CL [please God...]
      The top4, I dunno, could be a struggle, but not out of reach yet.

Do find it frustrating that Jürgen has persisted with Bob for weeks now and not tried to do something a bit different. We don't have great options on the bench, but doing the same thing week in week out, and just hoping for a different outcome, I dunno, it's a head scratch.
      And some of the subs last nite, still a bit confused about them.

But my disappointment would be NOTHING compared to what I'd be like if I heard Jürgen was packing it in at season end.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #819: Mar 05, 2021 05:04:00 pm
      I don’t disagree with you. I only disagree with the timing of it. In the first five minutes of the game I’d expect our lads to be all over him, and I suspect they would have been. But in that moment with Sadio the right thing to do was get up and get the ball moving again quickly.

Gonna agree with you here.

On the one hand, thought Sadio or some guys close by might have seen if and stumped up a bit more.
      Maybe they didn't see it/turned away after the foul.

On the other hand, at that stage I was thinking 'just F***ing get on with it, theres 5 F***ing minutes left', ignore the stupid plastic b***ard just looking for a rise, we NEED A GOAL!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #820: Mar 05, 2021 05:45:56 pm
      He said they would be available,  not suggesting they both start. The conditioning department don't go around making knee high tackles.

For sure but you reckon it’s just bad luck all these non contact injuries?

Double the amount of injuries compared to the next worst Leicester.

Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #821: Mar 05, 2021 06:59:45 pm
      Out of interest were you against the sacking of Rafa and Brendan, for example are you still unhappy we replaced Brendan with Klopp? If not can you explain why
      love klopp what he has done for lfc is amazing, however we can,t dig our heads in the sand. Recent performances and results speak for themselves. My concern is why is the manager sticking to a plan that is no longer working, same formation same players have brought our league campaign to an embarassment. Can,t get my head round it and to make matters worse I am surrounded by gloating Manx's.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #822: Mar 05, 2021 07:37:50 pm

This is the reaction you get when you have a differen't opinion to these Saddam Hussain's
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #823: Mar 05, 2021 07:55:20 pm

I reckon you'd get more of a slap for coming out with that shout on the Kop.

From you? 😂

BTW everything I say I would happily say to your face, if you decided to get violent as a result then I'd have to deal with that but I doubt you would.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #824: Mar 05, 2021 07:57:24 pm
      Especially if certain parts of your armchair support are f**king spoilt tw*ts who want change, change, change at the first sign of a sticky patch.

I was talking more about how excited the owners must be with current form and the prospect of no CL football next season. Our current form is unacceptable.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #825: Mar 05, 2021 08:09:32 pm
      Can someone start the Fulham match thread please. :roll:
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #826: Mar 05, 2021 08:17:59 pm
      I was talking more about how excited the owners must be with current form and the prospect of no CL football next season. Our current form is unacceptable.

Agree, but the fault falls mainly on the players and less so on Klopp or anyone else.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #827: Mar 05, 2021 09:04:36 pm
      For sure but you reckon it’s just bad luck all these non contact injuries?

Double the amount of injuries compared to the next worst Leicester.

His last season or so at Dortmund was pretty similar so it maybe linked to the training, intensity or the schedule

Quick Reply