Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      11 (19.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Ozan Kabak
      5 (8.8%)
       Fabinho
      4 (7%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (8.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (8.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Mar 08, 2021 10:06:32 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31006 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Mar 05, 2021 09:07:35 pm
      Agree, but the fault falls mainly on the players and less so on Klopp or anyone else.

and I disagree, I think the fault is with a manager who did not replace Lovren and who did not adapt his highline tactics or midfield shape when we had an injury crises.
      I simply refuse to believe that there were no other things we could have tried up to this point, but Klopp has not altered anything, he hasn't tried any new system or formation, that is arrogance bordering on stupidity and certainly not the hallmark of a genius manager.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #829: Mar 05, 2021 09:14:24 pm
      I was talking more about how excited the owners must be with current form and the prospect of no CL football next season. Our current form is unacceptable.

If I was the owner of a team that came within 1 point of winning the league, lost in a CL final through keeping a keeping error, then the following season win the domestic title after 30years, followed by the Champions League win, European Supercup & FIFA CWC ...

I as an owner would be F***ing chuffed after 3 years of relentless football & expectations..

Yes I’m upset how this season’s campaign has faltered but injuries to our key players, our front 3 not being potent at they should be & not moving quick in the transfer market .. after all that I can understand that there would be a downturn in performance...

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #830: Mar 05, 2021 09:31:50 pm
      and I disagree, I think the fault is with a manager who did not replace Lovren and who did not adapt his highline tactics or midfield shape when we had an injury crises.
      I simply refuse to believe that there were no other things we could have tried up to this point, but Klopp has not altered anything, he hasn't tried any new system or formation, that is arrogance bordering on stupidity and certainly not the hallmark of a genius manager.

I semi disagree, no more than two years ago, we were winning games with stupid scores . ie 5.4 ect and so on, we have lost the ability to attack for some reason, so yeah, that might be JK.  We need the Gunga stuff back again, but has to train his team to do it again. It worked then, why not now?.
      Just fkin go for it.  At the mo we are defending rather then attacking, I know which one I would rather see.
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2021 09:48:08 pm by redtiler »
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #831: Mar 05, 2021 09:55:49 pm
      Did anyone expect us to NOT lose this game?  :roll:
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #832: Mar 05, 2021 10:09:46 pm

I don't disagree that Klopp should be trying something different, but there isn't a single player performing near his level, let alone above it. We were top of the league at xmas and then after the Palace game we suddenly turned into pumkins when playing at Anfield. Trent has been directly responsible for multiple goals with atrocious defending. Alisson might as well have walked the ball into the goal himself against City....twice. Jones stupidly gave the ball away against Brom and we got scored on in the following play. Yesterday Bobby makes a poor pass and turns the ball over and we get scored against. All these are individual errors and you cannot blame Klopp for that, just like you cannot blame him for Mane missing a clear header 5 feet from goal against City, or fumbling what would have been an easy goal yesterday.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #833: Mar 05, 2021 10:28:43 pm
      I don't disagree that Klopp should be trying something different, but there isn't a single player performing near his level, let alone above it. We were top of the league at xmas and then after the Palace game we suddenly turned into pumkins when playing at Anfield. Trent has been directly responsible for multiple goals with atrocious defending. Alisson might as well have walked the ball into the goal himself against City....twice. Jones stupidly gave the ball away against Brom and we got scored on in the following play. Yesterday Bobby makes a poor pass and turns the ball over and we get scored against. All these are individual errors and you cannot blame Klopp for that, just like you cannot blame him for Mane missing a clear header 5 feet from goal against City, or fumbling what would have been an easy goal yesterday.

It’s just confidence leading to all those errors and it’ll continue unless something changes.

Need to change formation, drop certain players (it can’t get any worse).

Maybe try the old 352 to get some stability - f**k knows. But the 433 doesn’t work anymore, espy at home.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #834: Mar 05, 2021 11:05:08 pm
      It’s just confidence leading to all those errors and it’ll continue unless something changes.

Need to change formation, drop certain players (it can’t get any worse).

Maybe try the old 352 to get some stability - f**k knows. But the 433 doesn’t work anymore, espy at home.

Agree confidence is shot and something has to change, and that has been my frustration with Klopp. Not just is it the same 4-3-3, it's also the same 3 in the middle and 3 up top when he's had Shaq, Keita and Ox available to play bigger roles and now Jota. We have played 4-2-3-1 before so at least give THAT a try, because 4-3-3 has gone very stale at Anfield.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #835: Mar 05, 2021 11:07:44 pm
      Agree confidence is shot and something has to change, and that has been my frustration with Klopp. Not just is it the same 4-3-3, it's also the same 3 in the middle and 3 up top when he's had Shaq, Keita and Ox available to play bigger roles and now Jota. We have played 4-2-3-1 before so at least give THAT a try, because 4-3-3 has gone very stale at Anfield.

Stale is kind - I would say catastrophic, the formation does not work as we can’t even get a shot on target. It’s embarrassing to watch
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #836: Mar 05, 2021 11:28:08 pm
      Except you didn't read his post properly, it wasn't about civil discussion, it was about what do you think would happen if you or anyone started a "Klopp out" chant in a full kop. And he was f**king right!!

I'd love to see that civil discussion in the kop. Definitely would not happen.

With heimy the goal on here ultimately, even above winding us all up, is that we are talking about heimy. "Where did I say...?" etc. It's all about him in the end. He's got a talent for it.

I wish we could just cut off his oxygen supply (and no, I'm not suggesting sneaking into his house to strangle him - it's a figure of speech for ignoring him).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #837: Mar 05, 2021 11:39:40 pm
      Can someone start the Fulham match thread please. :roll:

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=52022.new#new

Ask and ye shall receive.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #838: Mar 06, 2021 12:00:07 am
      With heimy the goal on here ultimately, even above winding us all up, is that we are talking about heimy. "Where did I say...?" etc. It's all about him in the end. He's got a talent for it.

I wish we could just cut off his oxygen supply (and no, I'm not suggesting sneaking into his house to strangle him - it's a figure of speech for ignoring him).

Just out of interest - he is Federer with another name isn't he? The spirit of his posts is very similar.

(The worse scenario is that there's 2 of them.)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #839: Mar 06, 2021 12:45:23 am
      We are not talking about three 2 minute rounds here. All we want is players showing protection of their mate and some passion.

5 to 10 seconds of letting that pr**k know ye dont do that to one of us and then n to the free kick.  A bit of a scuffle before the free might have unsettled them enough from the focus of defending the free to lead to a goal, well never know I suppose

Had Hendo been on that pitch he would have been straight into the cu*ts! F**k i miss Hendo, he is the epitome of this Club.

Such a shame nobody else seems willing to take the responsibility on their shoulders! 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #840: Mar 06, 2021 02:32:37 am
      It very well could have. We are very low on confidence right now and playing too uptight trying to make the perfect play because we haven't been able to score from open play at Anfield for god knows how long. Mane putting that one in would have given the team a huge sense of relief and help us play more relaxed and confident. 
      That was a very hard chance to convert long hard ball coming over his shoulder with a defender either side. It’s not like he was clear on goal staring down at the keeper.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #841: Mar 06, 2021 07:03:41 am

From you? 😂

BTW everything I say I would happily say to your face, if you decided to get violent as a result then I'd have to deal with that but I doubt you would.

What?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #842: Mar 06, 2021 11:37:03 am
      If I was the owner of a team that came within 1 point of winning the league, lost in a CL final through keeping a keeping error, then the following season win the domestic title after 30years, followed by the Champions League win, European Supercup & FIFA CWC ...

I as an owner would be f**king chuffed after 3 years of relentless football & expectations..

Yes I’m upset how this season’s campaign has faltered but injuries to our key players, our front 3 not being potent at they should be & not moving quick in the transfer market .. after all that I can understand that there would be a downturn in performance...

Not how it works in a business or football club, you are only ever judged on the present. You can't live in the past.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #843: Mar 06, 2021 11:41:34 am
      Just out of interest - he is Federer with another name isn't he? The spirit of his posts is very similar.

(The worse scenario is that there's 2 of them.)

No, there's only one of me, I can assure you of that, can you imagine two or more, I might start to get plusses 😉
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #844: Mar 06, 2021 11:42:53 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #845: Mar 06, 2021 01:16:27 pm

That's a WUM button you've just activated. Don't ? as I'm not answering it.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #846: Mar 06, 2021 01:23:16 pm
      That's a WUM button you've just activated. Don't ? as I'm not answering it.  :lmao:

He's simply what I call a wool dickhead. Claiming to be an itk now, when even the biggest itk divvies in Liverpool won't even come out with that Klopp for Germany sh*te.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #847: Mar 06, 2021 01:30:58 pm
      He's simply what I call a wool dickhead. Claiming to be an itk now, when even the biggest itk divvies in Liverpool won't even come out with that Klopp for Germany sh*te.

Can't wait for Dave's answer  :lmao:
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #848: Mar 06, 2021 02:30:30 pm
      That was a very hard chance to convert long hard ball coming over his shoulder with a defender either side. It’s not like he was clear on goal staring down at the keeper.

Of course it’s not an easy play but Mane isn’t your Sunday pub player either. A player of his quality can control that ball and get it on goal. Against Bayern a couple years ago he took a long pass from Van Dijk, controlled it and got past the defender and Neuer.
      Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #849: Mar 06, 2021 03:18:09 pm
      love klopp what he has done for lfc is amazing, however we can,t dig our heads in the sand. Recent performances and results speak for themselves. My concern is why is the manager sticking to a plan that is no longer working, same formation same players have brought our league campaign to an embarassment. Can,t get my head round it and to make matters worse I am surrounded by gloating Manx's.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #850: Mar 06, 2021 07:46:48 pm

Ah another manc. F***ing hell we’ve really rattled your lot by winning the CL and title haven’t we? Every other day another one of you signs up here.

Nobody responded to your sh*t post the first time round so why are you quoting yourself and posting it again?

Shouldn't you be on your own forum discussing your abysmal record against the top 8 which is why your title challenge has collapsed? Plus it was probably the best chance you had at winning the title for a long time.

Quick Reply