Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 7th Match : 14.00

Read 5512 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 7th Match : 14.00
      Mar 05, 2021 11:32:22 pm
      Oh f**k it I must be a glutton for punishment wanting to see us in the current state but surely it’s time for a change of tactics and formation.

Even Jürgen must be getting bored with the turgid sh*t since the start of the year.

We can probably forget about Top 4 and hopefully start to play some football at least that highly played footballers should be doing with their eyes closed, like making simple passes, running into space, taking on players, and heaven forbid forward passes.

Fulham should have beaten last time around and are no push overs, they are fighting for their lives so expect another roller coaster for those of with extended anxiety recently!

Need to forget about how weak the CB’s are it is just weakening the rest of the team dynamic.

Alisson

Trent               Phillips                                  Davies               Tsimikas

Fab

Keita                                       Thiago

Shaq       

Salah.                                        Jota
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2021 12:48:48 pm by JD »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      What's Next?: Liverpool v Fulham - Premier League - Sunday 7th March; 14:00
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2021 11:37:51 pm
      Back at it Sunday and I expect Jürgen to change the team a good bit, for the sake of freshness if nothing else. Probably going to see Fab paired with Nat Phillips ( Klopp calls him Nate  :) ), and I wouldn't be surprised to see Trent and or Robbo rested in favor of Neco Williams and Tsimikas or Milner, especially with a Champions League match coming a few days later.

That should give Naby Keita a chance to start for the first time in a while. It might also mean Shaqiri gets a game. Same for Divock Origi. Not sure For how long Diogo Jota is fit to go, but I do expect Sadio and maybe Bobby to both be rested. I think Klopp hinted that Salah will be involved Sunday. So how about:

Alisson
      Neco Phillips, Fab, Milner
      Gini, Jones, Keita
      Salah, Origi, Shaq.

That team could beat Fulham, but of course, they could also lose. Hard to know what to think anymore, other than to back Jürgen to make it right at some point.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 7th Match : 14.00
      Reply #2: Mar 06, 2021 01:46:58 am
      Personally, as top 4 is now unlikely,
      I’d like to see Fabinho back in the middle of the park.

Allison
      TAA
      Robertson
      Phillips
      Davies

Fabinho
      Wijnandum
      Thiago

Salah
      Origi
      Mane
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #3: Mar 06, 2021 02:52:58 am
      Just need a win to hang our hat on. We're up 2-0 in Budapest. If we get a win Sunday, we should feel somewhat confident going into Wednesday, xoming off a win and with a 2 goal cushion and all. Get out of there and advance and maybe be able to smile for a minute.

This season isn't over just yet, but we're hanging by a thread. Something needs to change. We need something to breathe some confidence into the lads. Be it a change in formation, form, or attitude. Something.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #4: Mar 06, 2021 02:53:53 am
      Glad kabak is out to be honest. Few other players I don’t want to see play either, bobby Gini and Jones all get taken out for me. I’d play a different system too. I’d try 4231.

Ali

Trent
      Fabinho
      Phillips
      Robbo

Thiago
      Keita

Salah
      Shaqiri
      Mane

Jota

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #5: Mar 06, 2021 02:54:58 am
      Glad kabak is out to be honest. Few other players I don’t want to see play either, bobby Gini and Jones all get taken out for me. I’d play a different system too. I’d try 4231.

Ali

Trent
      Fabinho
      Phillips
      Robbo

Thiago
      Keita

Salah
      Shaqiri
      Mane

Jota

I would LOVE to see that on the team sheet
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #6: Mar 06, 2021 08:04:59 am
      Very hard to get excited about this game knowing the Top 4 is gone. Realistically we need to win all of our remaining games to have a chance, but it's a fight for a Europa league place were in now.

There couldn't be a worse time to play a relegation threatened team, they'll be fighting for their lives,  and we're showing no real fight unfortunately.
      Our players need to have some pride in the Jersey, and realise how privileged they are to be at this great club.
      Jürgen 100% needs to get Fabinho back in midfield, there's no point in sticking to a broken system.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #7: Mar 06, 2021 09:09:54 am
      Very hard to get excited about this game knowing the Top 4 is gone. Realistically we need to win all of our remaining games to have a chance, but it's a fight for a Europa league place were in now.

There couldn't be a worse time to play a relegation threatened team, they'll be fighting for their lives,  and we're showing no real fight unfortunately.
      Our players need to have some pride in the Jersey, and realise how privileged they are to be at this great club.
      Jürgen 100% needs to get Fabinho back in midfield, there's no point in sticking to a broken system.

Top 4 hasn't gone and we don't necessarily  need to win all of our games other teams above will take points off each other and lose points against other teams going to be a challenge but there is no way we should be throwing the towel in
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #8: Mar 06, 2021 09:10:28 am
      I just can’t be arsed with it right now, feel totally devoid of any anticipation

You know it’s going to be the same defence, same midfield 3 and same 3 up top.... with the same boring side to side outcome
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #9: Mar 06, 2021 09:17:20 am
      Thank goodness I'm at work so will miss this one. :f_tongueincheek: ;D

Surely we can beat one of the worst sides in the league?

Shouldn't be an issue even with all our injuries right?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Mar 06, 2021 09:19:09 am
      Thank goodness I'm at work so will miss this one. :f_tongueincheek: ;D

Surely we can beat one of the worst sides in the league?

Shouldn't be an issue even with all our injuries right?

Actually in better form than us with a decent recent away record
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #11: Mar 06, 2021 09:32:57 am
      Top 4 hasn't gone and we don't necessarily  need to win all of our games other teams above will take points off each other and lose points against other teams going to be a challenge but there is no way we should be throwing the towel in

I wouldn't be giving up if I was a player, but as a supporter I think it's gone. European football is a must. We must at least make the Europa league, and hope for a Champions league win against all the odds.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #12: Mar 06, 2021 09:38:19 am
      I wouldn't be giving up if I was a player, but as a supporter I think it's gone. European football is a must. We must at least make the Europa league, and hope for a Champions league win against all the odds.

Know what you mean two or three wins on the spin will change everything but as you say at the moment can't see it just got to hope the returning players can give more a rest got to change that midfield and give Keita a run someone who can travel with the ball and also the best presser we have in midfield.  Jota will be a huge boost and  hopefully Fab into midfield at some point . 3 points tomorrow will be a good start
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #13: Mar 06, 2021 09:52:30 am
      Team I would like to see

Alisson

TAA
      Phillips
      Davies
      Robbo

Fabinho
      Jones
      Keita

Mane
      Bobby
      Mo

I don’t think Jota is ready to start yet
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14: Mar 06, 2021 09:53:34 am
      For me this games less important than Leipzig. Based on that my team, not what we will see, but what Id go with

Alisson

Neco    Nat  Davies  Tsimikas

Milner  Thiago

Shaq     Keita     Jota

Mo

If either Kabak or Nat are fit then in for Rhys

Start Jota, get him 45 under his belt rather then chucking him on in the last 10

Sounds like Nat is good to go
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2021 11:59:03 am by Brian78 »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #15: Mar 06, 2021 10:05:19 am
      I'd honestly shake it all up, 8/9 changes and see what happens. If players impress then keep em in for Leipzig.

Think I'll explode if we go with Fab at the back and the same front three again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #16: Mar 06, 2021 10:09:08 am
      I'd honestly shake it all up, 8/9 changes and see what happens. If players impress then keep em in for Leipzig.

Think I'll explode if we go with Fab at the back and the same front three again.

Spot on

If anyone geys a chance v Fulham and they perform they keep their place

Sadly I think we can nearly say with certainty what 11 we will see again repeating it all over again
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17: Mar 06, 2021 10:36:31 am

I don't see him risking Jota from the start, so could well be the same front 3 starting. Has to be Phillips and Davies in centre half, with Fab moving up the field.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #18: Mar 06, 2021 10:38:01 am
      I just can’t be arsed with it right now, feel totally devoid of any anticipation

You know it’s going to be the same defence, same midfield 3 and same 3 up top.... with the same boring side to side outcome

Good time to jump on the City wagon then.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #19: Mar 06, 2021 10:41:35 am
      I don't see him risking Jota from the start, so could well be the same front 3 starting. Has to be Phillips and Davies in centre half, with Fab moving up the field.

I think Jota, and thereore the team, get more benefit from starting him. Get 45 under the belt, or a bit more if he has it..Get him up to speed. This throwing lads on for 10 minutes to get them back at it I never get. You hardly get second wind in 10 minutes never mind sharpness back
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #20: Mar 06, 2021 10:41:41 am
      3-4-3

Trent     Davies     Robbo

Fabinho

Keita.                   Mane

Thiago.

Salah.           Bobby

Jota

Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #21: Mar 06, 2021 10:42:39 am

Start Jota, get him 45 under his belt rather then chucking him on in the last 10

This for me all day, give him a chance to make a difference from the off, rather than at the end when we’re chasing the game and he’s under more pressure to make the difference.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #22: Mar 06, 2021 10:50:08 am

As Bri said, you've got to get some minutes into him to get him back up to where he was pre-injury. I think tomorrow might be a good chance to get those minutes so he's a bit more ready for Leipzig which will be an intense game given how they will press and try to force the game.

Even if Jürgen is cautious over him, I'd still throw Origi into that front three to mix it up a bit. Just think it's madness to keep trying the same thing again and again and expecting things to change. Just breaking the front three up for a game or two might be what they need to get their arses back into gear.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 762 
      Reply #23: Mar 06, 2021 11:04:20 am
      Playing the same formation, with the same results, is like banging your head against a brick wall. Something must change tomorrow against Fulham in a game we badly need to win. Anything less than three points would be totally unacceptable.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #24: Mar 06, 2021 11:04:36 am

This. I'm fully expecting, sadly, another 1 nil defeat. I just can't be arsed with it at the moment, life is hard enough without the one escape I currently have just making things worse.
      I cannot wait for this season to end so we can reset over the summer.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #25: Mar 06, 2021 11:13:49 am
      Think Milner a cert and hopefully Keita and possibly shaq needs freshening and Thiago and Wijnaldum rested . Milner to skipper for me get some steel back in to this side we definately need him whilst Hendo out
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #26: Mar 06, 2021 11:20:33 am
      If we lose to these lot I don't know what I'll do.

Thiago, Gini, Jones, Bobby and Mane need dropping
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #27: Mar 06, 2021 11:20:39 am
      Alison

Trent
      Phillips
      Davies
      Tsimikas??

Fabinho
      Thiago
      Keita

Big Shaq
      Salah
      Jota

A nice well balanced midfield and 2 actual centre backs. Robertson badly needs a rest as does Gini

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28: Mar 06, 2021 11:25:55 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would drop Thiago, Wijnaldum and Firmino. And put Fabinho as cover to our back two.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Mar 06, 2021 11:30:50 am
      If we start the same boring team as the last month then we lose, if Jürgen has the ability and interest in changing things then we can win comfortably.

I'd drop Robbo, Mane and Bobby, I'd play 2 CB's and Fab in midfield. I'd pack the midfield and have Curtis and Keita as attacking midfielders with license to join Jota and Salah up top.

In defence I'd play Trent/Neco, Davies, Nat and Tzimikas and have them sit a bit deeper.

In midfield Gini, Fab, Curtis and Keita.

Ie 4-4-2

Of course we won't though as we have a genius manager who believes we will magically improve at some point.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #30: Mar 06, 2021 11:32:12 am
      Very hard team to pick
                 Allison
      Trent  fab  Phillips robbo
                    Gini
          Milner       thiago
                    Keita
      Salah            jota
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Mar 06, 2021 11:35:48 am
      Very hard team to pick
                 Allison
      Trent  fab  Phillips robbo
                    Gini
          Milner       thiago
                    Keita
      Salah            jota

No, we have to rest Trent and Robbo at some point, why else did we buy Tzimikas ffs?
      We are running players into the ground, more genius management
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #32: Mar 06, 2021 11:43:39 am
      Good time to jump on the City wagon then.

What do you mean?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #33: Mar 06, 2021 11:48:15 am
      No, we have to rest Trent and Robbo at some point, why else did we buy Tzimikas ffs?
      We are running players into the ground, more genius management

He has had covid and injury
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #34: Mar 06, 2021 11:49:35 am
      It seems some you mad buggers are or have taken your eye off the ball, we are still in with a more than reasonable chance of a top four spot, so for me that is our No 1 priority, and as such I want to field as strong a side as possible albeit with I hint of a risk......

Alisson
            Trent Phillips Davies Robbo
                          Fabinho
                Thiago            Keita
                            Jota
              Salah                 Mane

Yes, yet another new CB pairing that’s the risky but, but this time with the excellent Fabinho in front protecting, basically what we have is five defenders & five attackers, I don’t expect Fulham to come out and attack us too often but we have enough protection if they did, but I want them concentrating on us attacking them and trying to keep us out,

Never mind the CL atm, we’re almost through anyway so emphasis is qualification for next season, just in case we don’t go all the way this year, anyhoo, Fulham will come full of their London pride and think they can replicate the losses we have suffered of late, they are a decent outfit under Scot Parker however the league table doesn’t lie and we SHOULD be too good for them , even in our shambolic state, this run of defeats has to end and they will, starting on Sunday.

3-0 Champions

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      Reply #35: Mar 06, 2021 11:56:50 am
      If we start the same boring team as the last month then we lose, if Jürgen has the ability and interest in changing things then we can win comfortably.

I'd drop Robbo, Mane and Bobby, I'd play 2 CB's and Fab in midfield. I'd pack the midfield and have Curtis and Keita as attacking midfielders with license to join Jota and Salah up top.

In defence I'd play Trent/Neco, Davies, Nat and Tzimikas and have them sit a bit deeper.

In midfield Gini, Fab, Curtis and Keita.

Ie 4-4-2

Of course we won't though as we have a genius manager who believes we will magically improve at some point.

A back line of four rookie defenders...f***in genius that !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Mar 06, 2021 11:59:26 am
      Nothing wrong in  general with a bit of adversity. All part of the roller coaster of the game. This will be a tough match, Fulham was the game where I realised we weren't good enough to win the title this year.

Anything less than a win will end our interests in the top 4. Jurgens comments this week suggest that we might need putting out of our misery where thats concerned sooner than later anyway.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #37: Mar 06, 2021 12:02:41 pm

Never mind the CL atm, we’re almost through anyway

That tie is far from over the way were going Billy.

Think its time to rest players like Robbo and drop others like Thiago Gini Bobby and Sadio
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      Reply #38: Mar 06, 2021 12:19:43 pm
      That tie is far from over the way were going Billy.

Think its time to rest players like Robbo and drop others like Thiago Gini Bobby and Sadio

Get what your saying mate but at 2-0 up if we fu**ed that up we don’t deserve to proceed, I was less than impressed with RB first leg ,I thought we were in total control aside from the first ten, anyhoo, I can’t see them putting three past us without us scoring at least one,

although our lads are tired they still should get ample rest between games this time of the season, I would doubt they have full blown training schedules each and every day as if it were early season, player’s will have enough in their tanks to play twice a week, three would be a struggle but two should be fine, also we don’t have the back up to drop or rest players without a drop in performance levels and we can hardly afford that right now can we ?

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39: Mar 06, 2021 12:22:29 pm

All season??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40: Mar 06, 2021 12:24:52 pm

A back line of four rookie defenders...f***in genius that !

Against Fulham at home, yes it actually is, we need to attack, push them back and ideally score some bloody goals or do you see Fulham dominating possession and attacking us all game?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41: Mar 06, 2021 12:27:30 pm

Get what your saying mate but at 2-0 up if we fu**ed that up we don’t deserve to proceed, I was less than impressed with RB first leg ,I thought we were in total control aside from the first ten, anyhoo, I can’t see them putting three past us without us scoring at least one,

although our lads are tired they still should get ample rest between games this time of the season, I would doubt they have full blown training schedules each and every day as if it were early season, player’s will have enough in their tanks to play twice a week, three would be a struggle but two should be fine, also we don’t have the back up to drop or rest players without a drop in performance levels and we can hardly afford that right now can we ?

Y  N  W  A

Yeah it's not like we've lost by a 2 goal margin at home recently is it 😉
      I honestly would not be shocked to see Leipzig knock us out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      Reply #42: Mar 06, 2021 12:38:25 pm
      Against Fulham at home, yes it actually is, we need to attack, push them back and ideally score some bloody goals or do you see Fulham dominating possession and attacking us all game?

No not at all but having 4 players who haven’t played in the same side before in a EPL game is dicing with death, there is no substitute for experience but you have none in your back 4, if Jürgen fielded that defence you would be the first to slate him, I’m all for trying different things but ffs we need players who know what’s expected and how to deal with it ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      Reply #43: Mar 06, 2021 12:41:21 pm
      Yeah it's not like we've lost by a 2 goal margin at home recently is it 😉
      I honestly would not be shocked to see Leipzig knock us out.

We have for some reason performed better in the CL this season as opposed to our league form, so no I can’t see us throwing a 2-0 lead away against a side who were inferior to us first leg.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #44: Mar 06, 2021 01:13:19 pm
      It seems some you mad buggers are or have taken your eye off the ball, we are still in with a more than reasonable chance of a top four spot, so for me that is our No 1 priority, and as such I want to field as strong a side as possible albeit with I hint of a risk......

Alisson
                          Fabinho
                Thiago            Keita
                            Jota

Yes, yet another new CB pairing that’s the risky but, but this time with the excellent Fabinho in front protecting, basically what we have is five defenders & five attackers, I don’t expect Fulham to come out and attack us too often but we have enough protection if they did, but I want them concentrating on us attacking them and trying to keep us out,

Never mind the CL atm, we’re almost through anyway so emphasis is qualification for next season, just in case we don’t go all the way this year, anyhoo, Fulham will come full of their London pride and think they can replicate the losses we have suffered of late, they are a decent outfit under Scot Parker however the league table doesn’t lie and we SHOULD be too good for them , even in our shambolic state, this run of defeats has to end and they will, starting on Sunday.

3-0 Champions

Y  N  W  A

That looks like a decent starting 11 Billy.
      I don’t believe we are out of the top4 yet. Lots can happen from here on in. Should be enough for Fulham this.
      As for Leipzig. Two defensive blunders gave us two chances which were put away. We may have had one more decent chance, whereas they missed 3 sitters.
      It’s certainly not over yet. A win v Fulham would raise the confidence somewhat, but another loss, and we start v Leipzig under huge pressure.
      One other thing, if Keita is fit, drop Gini snd get him in.
      Gini is always reactive snd not proactive. He often looks like he doesn’t have a clue what to do with the ball.
      I agree ha has his good moments, but not often enough, snd as he doesn’t even want to be here, I think it’s time to bench him.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #45: Mar 06, 2021 02:50:59 pm
      More than one shot on target would be nice..
      Jota has to start !
      Put Trent in midfield coz he’s sh*t as a full back.
      Put Fabinho in midfield where he belongs just in front of Davies and Kabak.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,992 posts | 517 
      Reply #46: Mar 06, 2021 03:00:53 pm
      The current first 11 are obviously struggling with tiredness as well as form, so I would rotate heavily for this one (and then rotate back to the first 11 for Leipzig). And as well as adding physical freshness, it might change the psychological rut we've got into the last few weeks. And hopefully bring 2 or 3 players into the reckoning to be regular starters. So I'd go -

Alisson

Neco   Nat    Davies     Tsimikas

Ox    Milner  Keita

Shaq   Origi   Jota

Obviously it's a bit risky playing so many 2nd string guys, but the performance against Chelsea was so lacking in belief (and we've been stuck in this rut for so long now) that I think Jürgen needs to take more risks and give our back up guys a chance to change the dynamic. (And since heavy rotation makes sense anyway with only 2 days recovery from the last game, this is the perfect time to take that risk).
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #47: Mar 06, 2021 03:30:29 pm
      Feck it, rest some;

Alisson
      Trent - Phillips - Davies - Robbo
                     Fabinho
                 Keita  -  Thiago
                      Shaqiri
                   Origi - Jota
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #48: Mar 06, 2021 03:41:37 pm

No not at all but having 4 players who haven’t played in the same side before in a EPL game is dicing with death, there is no substitute for experience but you have none in your back 4, if Jürgen fielded that defence you would be the first to slate him, I’m all for trying different things but ffs we need players who know what’s expected and how to deal with it ?

OK fair point, so play one half Trent one half Robbo or one game each, but start to rotate some players Jürgen ffs!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Mar 06, 2021 03:42:21 pm

We have for some reason performed better in the CL this season as opposed to our league form, so no I can’t see us throwing a 2-0 lead away against a side who were inferior to us first leg.

cough cough Atalanta, cough cough!!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #50: Mar 06, 2021 03:44:09 pm
      Agree we need to ring some changes.
      And with the Leipzig game soon after, I think that makes them likely.

Alisson
      TAA Nat Fab Tsimikas
       Keita Gini Jones
       Salah Jota Shaq

Mane and Bob poor midweek. And we need to freshen things up top anyway. So start Shaq and Jota.
      Would start Keita. And Gini to balance what might be lack of legs in Naby. Wouldn't go near AOC. So between Jones/Thiago and I'd probably go for Jones to be positive.
      I'd have no problem starting Nat/Kabak and pushing Fab into the middle - but if Kabak out, starting Davies is a big risk given Jürgen hasn't even brought him on as a sub - and we're not out of the top4 yet.
      Robbo hasn't looked himself, TAA either - but not mad on Neco, though would give Tsimikas a run.

If we start the same front three and the same middle three [pretty much] can't see us win.
      Will be bizarre if Jürgen doesn't mix it up for this one.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Mar 06, 2021 03:44:54 pm
      Feck it, rest some;

Alisson
      Trent - Phillips - Davies - Robbo
                     Fabinho
                 Keita  -  Thiago
                      Shaqiri
                   Origi - Jota

you are resting the wrong players, its Trent and Robbo who need a rest more than the forwards although I'd be quite happy to drop Bobby and Mane on current form.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #52: Mar 06, 2021 09:59:14 pm

Alisson
                          Fabinho
                Thiago            Keita
                            Jota

3-0 Champions

Y  N  W  A

Yep ,Looks good for me , I'd even put Robbo as Captain
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #53: Mar 06, 2021 10:06:12 pm

Except Robbo may need a rest as much as anyone.

Fully expect Milner to play either at left back or midfield. Not sure if Tsimikas is fit. He didn't make the bench Thursday although I think I saw him being given a blanket by a staff member so I guess he wasn't ill.
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #54: Mar 07, 2021 10:00:07 am
      Can’t take another hone defeat - we can’t even draw these days

Just show a bit of pride

Drop Thiago
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 762 
      Reply #55: Mar 07, 2021 10:02:51 am

Just show a bit of pride

Drop Thiago

Agree we should show a bit of pride, show a bit of the Shankly spirit !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #56: Mar 07, 2021 10:38:00 am
      A goal would be nice at least
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #57: Mar 07, 2021 11:21:55 am

Just show a bit of pride

Drop Thiago

Why drop Thiago ? The only reason if he is not selected will be be rested . Just as a matter of interest why would you drop him ?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #58: Mar 07, 2021 11:29:17 am

A goal?

Let's have some shots on target first :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #59: Mar 07, 2021 11:35:12 am
      Our first 2 pm Sunday kick off of the season, its a sign I tells ye
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #60: Mar 07, 2021 11:39:23 am
      Except Robbo may need a rest as much as anyone.

Yes, more than anyone Id say
      Philc1207
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 197 posts | 21 
      Reply #61: Mar 07, 2021 11:41:23 am
      agreed, got to play fab in midfield as when he breaks up the play he's got a quick forward ball. We will concede so must start scoring again so has to drop Bobby he has been dreadful for a while now
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #62: Mar 07, 2021 11:43:47 am
      Fulham have only list 1 of the last 6 and tgat was harsh v spurs, beat the sh*te 2 nil at Goodison to.

We need to be at it today
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #63: Mar 07, 2021 11:46:25 am
      Fulham have only list 1 of the last 6 and tgat was harsh v spurs, beat the sh*te 2 nil at Goodison to.

Yep Parker has got them playing well so this would be tricky even if we were in good form.

They were robbed of an equaliser against Spurs as well because of a horrific decision.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #64: Mar 07, 2021 11:48:09 am

They've already outplayed us once this season and would have won if it wasn't for a shady penalty for a hand ball in the wall.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Mar 07, 2021 11:49:30 am
      There will be changes today, its fulham ffs, get fab back into MF, get thiago further forward, and possibly get Naby lad back in.

Jota got to start, id rest bobby perhaps sadio too.

Anyway just fukin win whoever plays.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #66: Mar 07, 2021 12:23:02 pm
      There will be changes today, its fulham ffs, get fab back into MF, get thiago further forward, and possibly get Naby lad back in.

100%, we have to freshen it up.

All I care about is Fabinho in midfield plus Keita and Jota starting.

If we do that then the dynamic will change completely - please Jürgen - CHANGE IT UP
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #67: Mar 07, 2021 12:23:59 pm

There might be changes, but I can't see Fab being moved from centre back.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #68: Mar 07, 2021 12:30:02 pm
      There might be changes, but I can't see Fab being moved from centre back.

No I can't.  Milner will start I reckon
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #69: Mar 07, 2021 12:56:03 pm
      I think the reason we get beat so often is nothing changes regardless, we know fab if fit starts at centre back. We know we play a high line, we know the full backs don’t get forward anywhere near as much - so does everyone else.

Long ball over the top - were under pressure concede goals/chances

We have 20minutes of possession

Long ball over the top

We have 20 minutes of possession

Quick Reply